Old 04-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #106  

I also saw the nettie pot on Oprah but it looks awkward to use. I use a squeeze bottle nasal rinse system that I got at Walgreens. The brand is Neil-Med. It's the same concept, but seems like it would be easier to use than the nettie pot, though I've never actually tried the nettie pot.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #107  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi, I'm a newbie waiting for the "Just Beachy" summer challenge to start. Is there a FAQ thread where I can read about the rules of these Biggest Loser challenges?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #108  
Michelle the Vegan

Duh, I just found the FAQ thread.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #109  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Josephine...welcome! How are ya doing this week?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #110  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey Tina, I'm doing better today and than yesterday, thank goodness! I'm ready for some easy days again, the tough ones are TOO tough!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #111  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Vanetta - you think it's bad not liking coffee in Seattle. Try not liking Timmy's (Tim Hortons) in Ontario. I sometimes think people think I'm mad when I tell them that. Although lately I'm completely off coffee also.

Rhonda - yes, I am doing it at home. I know for some things my form won't be perfect, but I'm working through it (only in Stage 1). The only issue is that I'm capable of lifting way more than I thought. I bought a very cheap ($50) sand weights set at the local hardware store, and, well today I deadlifted 50lbs. And will likely hit that on my squats on Friday, and maybe up to 55lbs on the bent over row the same day. I suspect I'm going to have to do something about getting heavier weights soon. I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying it. I hesitated the first week on raising my calories (which I did in week 2) and it hasn't affected my weight loss. It's not really sold as a weight loss system, but more of a total fitness package. I just wanted more structure to my workouts. What I got was a new obsession.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #112  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Anne - I'm doing NRL4W too. At least I was before I got sick. I did a partial workout 1A this morning, but I forgot my notes and couldn't remember all the moves. So, tomorrow I start again, from the begining, with notes.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #113  
Anne

Dee - I extended Stage 1 (taking 3 shots at each level) since as the book said this wasn't a bad thing for beginners. I really can't believe how much I'm getting into it. I find the As worse than the Bs. I usually warm up with 15 mins on the treadmill and finish up with the same. Today I was trying to convince myself that it would be okay to just stay there on the floor (swiss ball crunches), but made myself get up and do it. I realised once I started doing this that although I'd been exercising before, it just wasn't to my full potential. I think I like the challenge of increasing the weights each time. It hurts sometimes, but in a good way.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #114  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCdn View Post
Dee - I extended Stage 1 (taking 3 shots at each level) since as the book said this wasn't a bad thing for beginners. I really can't believe how much I'm getting into it. I find the As worse than the Bs. I usually warm up with 15 mins on the treadmill and finish up with the same. Today I was trying to convince myself that it would be okay to just stay there on the floor (swiss ball crunches), but made myself get up and do it. I realised once I started doing this that although I'd been exercising before, it just wasn't to my full potential. I think I like the challenge of increasing the weights each time. It hurts sometimes, but in a good way.
I keep failing at the prone jacknives, but I love the step-ups and squats. I think I'll go make myself a new training log to take with me. I have a little over 20 weeks til Labor Day and I'd like to get most of the way thru the program by then.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #115  
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
I keep failing at the prone jacknives, but I love the step-ups and squats. I think I'll go make myself a new training log to take with me. I have a little over 20 weeks til Labor Day and I'd like to get most of the way thru the program by then.
This week in A7 (just past the halfway point) was the first time I managed to do all of the prone jackknives without falling off the ball. I did cheat a little after the first day. Someone told me that I could take a little air out of the ball to help with my balance. So I did that for the next few times. I did put it back in though. Of course, I work out at home... so it's my ball.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #116  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Josephine! Did ya sign up??? Huh did ya? I LOVE your screen name! That was a great movie! I soooo was not expecting that twist!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #117  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Rhonda - I feel for you! Allergies are killing me this year also. I don't exercise outside though. It's strange since I've never suffered terribly with allergies. The only thing I can figure is that since we moved to this area of Seattle (lived *around* here for over 10 years though) last fall, there's got to be something very specific that I'm reacting to. Or maybe you can just develop allergies?

I haven't been online all that much the past few days. But looking forward to getting on here to visit more often soon. I'm still in *challenge mode* even though it's ended! Kinda funny.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #118  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Josephine! Did ya sign up??? Huh did ya? I LOVE your screen name! That was a great movie! I soooo was not expecting that twist!
Yes, I signed up! I did, I did, I did!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Oh my goodness this thread is long already. I can't wait for the next challenge. I went to my moms' house and tried on my bridesmaid dress from her wedding which was the year after I graduated from high school. It fits. Which means at this weight I am almost at my high school weight which is obviously not small. I gotta lose like 40 more which if I do will make me weigh what I weighed in like Middle school which seems good and sad. Sad that I was that size then. Good cause it actually isn't bad for my height. Well lets just go for another 20 in the next challenge.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #120  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Did we have someone here from Seattle, WA? I thought I remembered seeing that on someones profile but now I cant remember. My husband is being transferred to Virginia Mason hospital there tomorrow I was just wondering about it.. .I'll also be there this weekend maybe!

Sorry I'm not up for the fun and games, lord knows I could use it. But today has been a very very bad day. I do hope everyone is doing great!