Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I am a newbie and have a couple of questions.
I saw a note that there would be an FAQ section but I can't find it...direction please?
Also, I am maintaining-- I might lose a few more pounds-- but I might not. Would I/could I still join? I can do the challenges for water, exercise, OP, etc. but I wouldn't do well for a team if I had to lose many pounds.
TIA!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! I up bright and early this morning getting last minute things put together for my trip to Detroit. We leave tonight around 8:30 and head to Omaha. We don't fly out til early tomorrow morning, but that will save us a few hours of sleep. I'm a little nervous about the weather we are suppose to get 5-12 inches of snow not to mention its raining right now. Then with all the cancelled flights and everything I'll be glad when we are up in the air and going.
We have Friday to do what we want....so that'll be shopping for me and then we bowl saturday night, sunday morning and will be back home on Monday sometime. I hope everyone has a great weekend and those doing the 3FC 5k good luck and have fun!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #123  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I am a newbie and have a couple of questions.
I saw a note that there would be an FAQ section but I can't find it...direction please?
Also, I am maintaining-- I might lose a few more pounds-- but I might not. Would I/could I still join? I can do the challenges for water, exercise, OP, etc. but I wouldn't do well for a team if I had to lose many pounds.
TIA!
Hi Michele, here is the FAQ for the challenge! I'm a newbie for this upcoming challenge also, looking forward to it!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #124  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

We finally got our forum announcement!

*sings Movin' On Up*

Looks like we're moving into the big leagues of challenges around here. Wonder when we can get Bob / Jillian to stop by for questions? Dream on Michelle... Dream on....

Well my area looks like something straight out of The Mist or The Fog. Dense fog this morning coupled with people that don't know how to drive = Thankfully I made it to work safe and sound this morning.

I had a real Twilight Zone moment last night. I was playing World of Warcraft and they have an option of voice chat. This lady was talking and I kept saying her voice sounded so familiar... I just couldn't place it. Then she started talking about her internet service and how it stinks in Newport News, VA. That's where I'm from! Freaky eh? Then when I said something about it, it ends up I've met/seen this woman at Busch Gardens Europe before! There were some other people that were in our little group... 8 other people happened to be from VA. Wow what a strange night.

Today I have a few little mini goals I'm gonna get through:
  • Update blog
  • Get my GoodReads updated
  • Answer FAQs
  • Get HEALTHY groceries
  • Clean the house.... Finally!

I might even consider doing some work while I'm at work if I get bored

Any of the newbies into reading? Specifically romance novels? I'll need to know so I can peg you for my team! Melissa (aka Red Leader) isn't into all that stuff... idk about Julie (aka Black Leader). Anywho... if you enjoy that kind of thing, we have a tendency to talk about them... a lot.

again newbies! Make sure you check out the FAQ! If you have any questions I haven't answered, make sure you post them... its likely that someone else wants to ask it too!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #125  
Michelle the Vegan

I'm a big reader -- about 5 books a week.

I don't read too much romance, though, but I did read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series? Does that count? Oh, oh, oh and Laurel K. Hamilton (who can resist THAT stuff) AND someone just recommended that I read J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series which is sort of futuristic/romance/mystery I think since that's a pseudonym for Nora Roberts...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #126  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I'm a big reader -- about 5 books a week.

I don't read too much romance, though, but I did read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series? Does that count? Oh, oh, oh and Laurel K. Hamilton (who can resist THAT stuff) AND someone just recommended that I read J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series which is sort of futuristic/romance/mystery I think since that's a pseudonym for Nora Roberts...
JD Robb is Nora Roberts.

If you liked Outlander's style, you might like Robin D Owens.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #127  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone-I have a question about the hula hoop thing. Can you use just any hula hoop to start off or do you have to buy the sport one? It sounds like alot of fun and I know I could use it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #128  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, all! I just read the FAQs for the next TBL round starting later this month. I've never joined before, but I'm joining this one! And what timing--I just discovered last weekend that there are free Jillian Michaels workouts available on our On Demand cable tv. This TBL challenge will hopefully give me the kick in the pants I need to start doing it!

Also, anyone have a Nintendo Wii? Wii Fit is supposed to be coming out in the US next month. It has a board you stand on and do exercises, including calisthenics and yoga. I'm excited to check it out.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #129  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I have two Wii's

Now that I know that I might put one in my exercise room instead of selling it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #130  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
Good morning everyone-I have a question about the hula hoop thing. Can you use just any hula hoop to start off or do you have to buy the sport one? It sounds like alot of fun and I know I could use it.
I would assume that you could, but part of the exercise is caused by the weight of the hoop.

Any exercise is better than no exercise in my opinion
Old 04-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #131  
Trying it again....

Maybe I should just get the regular one to start off then move up to the weighted ones? Can you get them from a sporting store?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #132  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
Maybe I should just get the regular one to start off then move up to the weighted ones? Can you get them from a sporting store?
I have no idea, but they have become pretty popular, so they might. I know some of the bally's Fitness centers even have hoop classes.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #133  
Trying it again....

Hula hooping classes sound like so much fun. I want a wii too. I'm trying to convince hubby to buy one. Now I'm gonna have to talk him into buying me a hula hoop too.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #134  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
JD Robb is Nora Roberts.
Yup I know, that's why I said JD Robb is a pseudonym for Nora Roberts in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
If you liked Outlander's style, you might like Robin D Owens.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #135  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post

Also, anyone have a Nintendo Wii? Wii Fit is supposed to be coming out in the US next month. It has a board you stand on and do exercises, including calisthenics and yoga. I'm excited to check it out.
First of all to TBL challenge, you and any of newbies I may have missed.

Secondly, I am TOTALLY looking forward to that!!!!