Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #871  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I have to say that I was a bad mom this morning because I told him he could ask his friends at school, "How do you like my Giants now?" I know, but he was so happy that all his friends who jumped on the Patriots bandwagon lost and he, who has rooted for the Giants all season and last, won, I couldn't resist.

Does that make me a bad Mom?
heck, no. If you had told him to MOON his friends, and painted "Pats Suck" on his butt cheeks, THAT would make you a bad mom.

If you were going for really bad, you would paint, "Hey, Brady, where's your baby?"

Last edited by onthetee; 02-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #872  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

I had 4 birthday parties to attend this weekend. I did great at all of them. It was making the cake for my niece that I messed up on. You know that icing and fresh cake taste great. I only had a couple bites. It was just to tempting after cutting off the cake to level it out and then having extra icing. I am the only person that I know that tries to lose weight while making and decorating everybody's cakes. Oh well, I too am on a strict diet this week. I really want to make my Valentine's goal.

I went to WI this morning and was down 3/4 of a lb from Friday. So, not to bad. Well, my DS has a play date so I better go.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #873  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

One Fluffy Chick--Thanks, I think I have.

onthetee--Thanks. Self awareness is something I am always working on.

practiceliving--See I'm back here already.

Kelly--I agree about the turkey. I use ground turkey in lasagna and spaghetti. I use it to make burgers. I eat the breakfast links. I like the italian turkey sausage too.

Rhonda--I was a military brat and I was always moving away from friends or they were moving away from me. Many of those friendships are still in tact today. Thanks goodness for technology.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #874  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

QOTD - You know they only new thing I've tried recently that will stay on my food list is non- fat Greek style plain yogurt. OMG! So thick and creamy and rich that you cannot believe that it's non fat!!! I get it at Trader Joes - their brand. I use it as sour cream, as mayo, or just plain with a little Agave nectar in it. If you haven't tried Agave nectar, it's an alternative sweetener, similar to honey. It's the juice of the agave plant.

I buy goat cheese and ground turkey at Costco in large quantities! So both of those are on our menu often. Lentils, not so much, but I like them and I make a good lentil soup with turkey or chicken sausage in it and it is soooo delish! There is a little local speciality store that makes their own sausage and their chicken breast sun dried tomato sausage it to die for. It's also 6.99/lb - so kinda spendy, but so worth it!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #875  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: A lot of what I've "discovered" are tasty alternatives to things I liked before, like Laughing Cow instead of full-fat cheese spreads or wheat bread instead of white or turkey and venison instead of beef.

One big difference is that before, I didn't eat any vegetables that weren't fried. Now, I'll at least try just about anything (even if I still hate mushrooms!). I can actually eat and enjoy a good salad. Before, I didn't even put lettuce or tomatoes on my burgers.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #876  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I hope you all are doing well. I have read thru the posts real fast. Just checking in before I get back to everything. 2 boys home sick today and tons to do here which probably won't get done with all 4 here!

Well my lowest weight this week was 198.0. I guess the day I hit 197.5 I was dehydrated bc I know I hadn't drank anything that morning at all and weighed late. Dumb.

Anyway, I'm so sorry I couldn't contribute this week and even more so because I gained the half pound back. Never posted a gain on a challenge b4. I feel so bad about doing that to you all. Eating is still right (altho staying at the high end to often but should still lose something!), on day 163 I think, so I dunno, I'm very stressed and I don't drink water at all when I'm like this, I chug tea with sweet and low. So that's not helping and I suck on sunflower seeds alot bc I want salt, knowing full well it will make me hold fluids! Uggh. It's not calories messing me up, just every other way that you can gain I seem to be doing. I'm sorry everyone.

On top of all that, there was a huge water spot on the ceiling in our upstairs bathroom this morning and it was our hot water heater which leaked from the attic and probably will have to be replaced, waiting now for the guy to come fix or replace it. Then later will have to paint the ceiling.

It's like there is no end to things going wrong lately. Then my other baby leaves Wed and we have an inspection of our home on Thursday by the state which I'm not worried about but would like the house to at least be cleaner than it is today! My paperwork on each child is almost complete, just adding to their lifebooks more pics and stuff. Also, need to update their medical files with recent visits etc. Blah blah blah, sorry to bore you all. I'll shut up now.

Uggh, I'm tired already and it's only a little after noon! And I'm sure its obvious I haven't exercised since I can't tell u when, several days now. Anyhoo, I better go and watch all of them closer. Emily has already been into everything today!

Hugs Bluezers, I promise to be back to my old self very soon. I'm really working on it. Just gotta get thru this week and get them well plus do the birthday party for one of them on Sunday and after that I should be able to do more for myself, we'll see!

Selina
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #877  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hmmm, nothing really to say...did some exercise this morning, 45 mns and plan on getting another 45 before the day is over. Doing great with it and the eating. Looking forward to another good loss this week.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #878  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
Kelly--I agree about the turkey. I use ground turkey in lasagna and spaghetti. I use it to make burgers. I eat the breakfast links. I like the italian turkey sausage too.
we just tried the Sweet Italian Sausage and thought it was a little bland, but we have picked up the Spicy version and will try that this week.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #879  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
heck, no. If you had told him to MOON his friends, and painted "Pats Suck" on his butt cheeks, THAT would make you a bad mom.

If you were going for really bad, you would paint, "Hey, Brady, where's your baby?"
Since he goes to a Catholic Church School, that probably would have gotten him expelled. I'll keep it in mind though
Old 02-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #880  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Wherz my womenz today?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #881  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I'm here.

I'm still in a funk and lurking. I've already had about 1600 calories today and I still feel hungry, but I'm to the point where I can't tell if it's a physical hunger or an emotional one.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #882  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm at work today, so not able to be on so much.

Dee - I have days like that too. At least it's dinnertime for you. I just had lunch here! Drink some water and see if that helps. Also sometimes when I'm "hungry" if I eat a small amount and then go workout it goes away.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #883  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey, Bluesers.....we need a challenge to keep us motivated. Any ideas or suggestions?

BTW, Amberelise....where in the heck are you? Come out of hiding and talk to us!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-04-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #884  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Hey Team! I'm feeling "blah" today because I can't get the stupid scale to go down. For the past month I've been stuck at more or less the same weight. I've tried upping my calories, changing my workouts, and nothing seems to be working. I've taken my measurements, and while I have lost a inch (from 6 areas, combined), I don't feel like I'm making any progress, and I'm stressed because I feel like I'm letting you all down.
Everyone has a hard time sometimes. You're not letting anyone down if you are doing what you can. Sometimes it seems like our bodies just hate us. Just keep at it and don't give up.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #885  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers! It is getting very very quiet around here. That makes me very nervous. What can we do to keep everyone excited about losing this weight and motivated to be a winning team? I'm thinking we need our own challenge. Any suggestions? Maybe we can try for seven on-plan days?...how about a committment to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day? What about a committment to come here every day for a week and post something positive about yourself? Come one Bluesers! Let's come up with a plan!

Dee - Keep going! Don't give up on yourself. We're not giving up on you!

I got a big surprise yesterday. Like Beverly's Hubby, I will be moving to a different position within my company. They are restructuring and I will be getting a new boss, new co-workers and focusing on special projects only. The move is not technically a promotion as I will stay at the same grade level, however, my current boss did tell me that I will be getting a raise that will "pleasantly surprise" me. Wow! That will be very nice. Now, I'm on pins and needles with waiting to hear the actual number. And, I have butterflies about the position. The position will mean a bit more stress and juggling more hats and I still have a ton to learn, however, I do still get to telecommute from home.

Yesterday, I stayed on-plan and tracked my calories, but I didn't get any exercise. I ended up fighting a migraine and an upset stomach. The headache is gone...Thank God!..but, my stomach is still giving me some problems. Hopefully, it will clear up today so I can get on the treadmill. Yesterday's weekly weigh-in was great for me however, I know that I need to invest in some sweat equity to keep the scales moving.

Have a great on-plan day. GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-05-2008 at 08:49 AM.