Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #751  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgirl32 View Post
Chelle -- That stinks! My sister's dog is a pug/pekingese mix, and she has all kinds of allergy issues. She did find one skin treatment that seems to work (at least it keeps Pigger from gnawing her tail off). It's from Drs. Foster & Smith, and I think it's just called Sever Allergy Kit or something like that. Anyways, it keeps her from having to get allergy shots.

Also, many dogs have allergies to corn. Check the food and any treats to see if corn is a primary ingredient (it's used as filler in many, many dog foods and treats). If so, you might want to try switching to one of the brands that's corn free. I use Blue Buffalo brand (which they sell at Petsmart), and it's corn free.
This is going to get me in trouble.....

I think you should feed dogs what they would eat in the wild.......cats.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #752  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Kinda silly QOTD: What kind of athletic shoes do you wear? Different ones for different activities, or does 1 pair work for everything you do?
I have a pair of addidas that I ONLY wear to workout in (except on the bike, where I peddle without shoes on - the great thing about having my own equipment) I figure that way my equipment stays clean.

I have a pair of everyday althletic shoes that are New Balance, but really hate shoes, so unless it is snowing, I am usually in sandles of some sort. I even have "athletic" sandles
Old 01-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #753  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Kinda silly QOTD: What kind of athletic shoes do you wear? Different ones for different activities, or does 1 pair work for everything you do?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Asics. I also have a pair a Avias. The Asics are running shoes, the Avias are walking shoes. I wear the Asics to the gym (they just about need to be replaced) and the Avias to the track and everywhere else.

I thought Asics would be horribly expensive, but I found this pair on sale at Kohls for $22. Can't beat that. Found the Avias on sale for $30, same store. Guess where's the first place I'm going to look next time I need shoes.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #754  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Anna - drum circle? Cool! How often do you do that? Do you perform? P.S. I'm making soup tonight!
I had my gait analyzed, and I am an Adidas girl now. I use them to run or on the elliptical. I wore Asics FOREVER, but I got a couple pair that were poorly cut, so I went to the running store to find the optimal shoe. All ADIDAS all the time for me.

I do it twice a month. We perform a few times a year. I had not been able to rehearse until recently, but it is so cool. We do a lot of great vocals too.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #755  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

QOTD: I think my shoes are Asics. The only pair out of 40 that I put on that were comfortable enough for me to do walking lunges. Now that I am trying to work out more I might invest in another pair. One for walking/treadmill and one for my videos. When I walk outside I usually wear whatever I have on at the time. I don't buy shoes for looks. Purely comfort here, lol.

A perfect breakfast for me is a nice hearty omelet and some potatoes or oatmeal. Yummy!

DH will be in soon from snowblowing and hopefully he warms up quickly and I can convince him to take the kids outside. I only have 21 minutes of cardio left to do to complete my January goal. One more video and I will be done! Now to decide what my next goal is going to be.....
Old 01-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #756  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post

I thought Asics would be horribly expensive, but I found this pair on sale at Kohls for $22. Can't beat that. Found the Avias on sale for $30, same store. Guess where's the first place I'm going to look next time I need shoes.
I get the best deals on my shoes there. I think the last pair I got were Avias. I've never paid more than $32.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #757  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

QOTD:I wear my Nikes for everything. I think that when I start back with spin classes I am going to get a pair of sketchers for that.

I seem to be doing okay on my Take off section today. So far I have only ate an w oranges, tuna and a cucumber. I probably need to eat more if I really want to loose with this. Well, my battery is going dead on the puter so I better go plug it in. Will try to check back later.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #758  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

QOTD: My workout shoes are Mizuno Wave Runners. They're good for people with pronation problems. I use them for the gym and for walking the dog. I rotate my shoes about every 6 months or so. For non-exercise activities (going to the store or something), I use my "old" pair.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #759  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Just dropping in to say I am down 3.6 lb. this week...and I am a bit shocked, but will take it Let's kick some booty this week blue team!!!!!

I got two new DVDs in the mail today...WATP 2 mile jog and You Can Do Pilates. Brand new and I only paid $11 total for both! I hope I like them. I have to go pick up my daughter, will check back in to catch up later.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:32 PM   #760  

Hi Ladies! Just a little reminder for tomorrow!.....

National Wear Red Day—February 1, 2008is a day when Americans nationwide will wear red to show their support for women's heart disease awareness. This observance promotes the Red Dress symbol and provides an opportunity for everyone to unite in this life-saving awareness movement by showing off a favorite red dress, shirt, or tie, or Red Dress Pin.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #761  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Well my eating has been ok today despite last night's fiasco. I've been working on the novel a lot today cause it gives me something to do in my free time. I'm hoping I'll have some motivation to get on the treadmill tonight after I get home. I know Daniel called earlier and said the puppy was still having poopy problems but that they looked better than yesterday.

I talked to my mother in law yesterday because he schnauzer has allergy problems and she said she gives him a benedryl every other day and he seems to be fine. Have you ever known anyone to do this and everything be ok?

The food that she's on right now is Nutro Max Puppy. I'm not sure of the corn content but I've heard that the first three ingredients in any cat or dog food should be meat and not corn or starches. I'll have to check on that when I get home.

I'm really sorry I cant' be much of a today because of all of this. I'm hoping by the time I get paid again Monday I will have forgotten about it.

Marianne - Where have you been hiding today? I was looking for comments on my story from you and there are none!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #762  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Chellez my dog has food allergies. She is on science diet and if I ever get something different she gets bladder infections and ear infections. The vet said those are classic food allergy signs and to keep her on the science diet. I dont know about the benedryl but my cousin has to give her dogs baby aspirin for pain. And my mom's dog has severe allergies and has prescription medication for them. I would say best bet is to call the vet. Because even if you give otc its gotta be childrens or baby versions. Benedryl is so hard on kids it just makes them comatose I swear, I wouldnt want that for the dog.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #763  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies & John

KAREN...no problem! I have been wearing red on Friday's in Support of the Troops for a couple of years now. Someone circulated an e-mail about RED FRIDAY's Support the TROOPS! Of course it is usually a red shirt that actually says "Support Our Troops, Wear Red on Friday"

PURPLE... good job on the loss this week! Yay for the dvd's! I have the 2.5 mile Walk and Jog and love it! Of course I have quite the collection of the WATP's and hope to be adding more. I love her workouts!

CHELLE...sorry to hear about your puppy. Hope she gets better real soon.

RHONDA...sorry to hear about you MIL, ouch. Glad she is okay. And WTG on Day 4 of counting calories!

GINGER...hugs to you missy. Sorry you had an off day and hoping today is a better day for you. Hang in there.

DIONNE...WTG on the take off section today!

DIXIE...I will have to check out Kohls sales once in a while. They are like Penneys..always having a sale. Just hardly ever go to them. I have heard the Asics are good shoes but expensive so sales are always good! I have been wanting to try them.

NORI...not a silly question at all! Good luckw ith yout training session today, hope it didn't hurt your lower body too bad.

HIYA everyone else

QOTD: I wear New Balance 411 and wear them for everything, my walking and workout dvd's...even around town. This is my second pair-too many miles on the other pair-at first they felt different even though they are the same ones I had before. But I have gotten them broken into and they are great! I still wear my old ones from time to time but try not to because they are worn out!

Nothing much going on today. Woke up to snow this morning, ugh! I've lived in this state going on 10 years now and we have never had this much snow in a year...this is about the 4th snow storm, if you will, we've had since November...too much! I think they said we got about 5-6 inches today...my cute lil doggie is like alittle kid, he loves playing in it. Anyway, did 30 minutes this morning, and just finished another 30 of walking on the treadmill. Aiming for 90 minutes today...nothing else to do, lol...trapped inside and I am not going out in this weather. Well, except to shovel the driveway some and the walkway...so another workout. All in all I am looking forward to WI Sat and am very confident of a loss this week!

Hope everyone is having a good day, and stay warm ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #764  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Chelle -- My sister actually used baby Benadryl for her dog until the allergies got so severe that she switched to the stuff from Drs. Foster & Smith. My vet suggested it over the summer when Franny had a little reaction to a bee sting. You might want to check with your vet to see how much Benadryl to give and whether it would be better to use the "baby" stuff or the regular stuff. My sister's dog weighs about 18 lbs., and she used half of a baby Benadryl. My dog weighs almost 30 lbs., and I used half of a regular Benadryl.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #765  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hallo Bluesers! Hope everyone is having a good Thursday. My food has been the PITS so far today, but I think I'm going to try that yoga video again tonight, so all is not lost!

Today has been CRAZY for me - starting with sleeping through my alarm (whoops)! I've been on a big deadline today, but the grant application I was working on is now submitted. It was the first one I've ever done, so I'm proud that I got it in, and now stressing about how it will turn out.

QOTD: I loooove my New Balance shoes! I used to wear 766s, and now I'm onto the brand new 768s. They're like marshmellows for my feet, all soft and comfy.

Chelle - Awww, honey, I'm sorry about your furbaby. I hope she's feeling better soon. Sorry I haven't commented on your story yet - been crazy at work, but I'll read it while I eat my lunch! Also, I think we are the same person - I'm at 200.5 this morning, and expecting TOM to start up this week too!

Karen
- Thanks for the reminder about Wear Red Day! Fridays are wear-red-for-the-troops days in Canada, too, so it'll be two birds with one piece of clothing.