Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #766  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Well right now Lexi is only 23.3 lbs but she is expected to get to 50 to 60 lbs

I think I'm going to save the Benadryl as a last case resort. I'm planning on putting her on Banfield's (the vet at Petsmart) Optimum Wellness Plan once I get some money together. We had our cats on it their first year and it really works out for shots and getting them fixed. I think the lady said its like $100 up front and 19 a month but it keeps you from paying $55 every time you walk through the door.

Plus since I remember some the nurses over there it won't be like I'm walking into it blindly. I know their procedure and stuff where as the vet I took her to last night was like a panic scenario.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM   #767  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Cristina--I think the one I have may be the 2.5 mile. It is just called Walk & Jog, but since it says 30 min. long I assumed 2 miles...but I guess with jogging added in it would be different than the times on the walking videos I love her videos, too! I can't wait to try the pilates, something different from her.

Chellez--Sad to hear about the pup having problems. I am glad you are taking good care of him, a lot of people don't these days.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #768  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Oops - the only red piece of clothing I own (besides panties) is a Alabama Crimson Tide (thanks DH) sweatshirt and I cannot wear that to work tomorrow.

QOTD was to check and see if I was the only one with like 5 pairs of different brands of running shoes! I have an odd sized foot at 10.5W, so shoes like Nike aren't even an option. The only ones I HATE are my Brooks. They felt so good in the store and then after like 15 min of working out were KILLING my feet and left them bruised for days. I have an old pair of NB that I simply cannot part with and they are good for run-around shoes - but not good for workouts anymore. Something changed in the NB last and they do not fit my foot any longer. I then tried Saucony Grid and they are "fine" for me. But I wear my Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 all the time at the gym now. They are so cushy. I'm have a super-high arch, so I'm a supinator/underpronator and these feel like they were made for me!

Oh yeah, and I only have running shoes including some trail runners for hiking. Unlike DH who has basketball, soccer, running, heavy duty hiking, fashion athletic... But you should see all my "regular" shoes. I do have a fettish.

Last edited by chellez; 01-31-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #769  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Chelle, I have had several allergy dogs and all have been on Benadryl at some point. My little one now gets one whole benadryl (we actually use the generic brand from Costco, 4.99 for 100 pills!) with both breakfast and dinner when she is super itchy. The only things to be aware of if you do start using it is not to keep them on it all the time. If they get it for long periods of time it can suppress the immune system a little bit, but for a couple weeks or months during allergy season it is fine. Obviously it is easier to take them off the benadryl if the allergy is environmental rather than food. Hope your pup is feeling better.

I wear asics most of the time. Right now my running shoes are the asics kayano and I love them. After a running shoe gets about 250 miles on it, it gets demoted to an everyday shoe and I get new ones for working out. I know they could probably tolerate more miles but I like to get new shoes!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #770  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers!

Karen, Thanks for the reminder about wearing red tomorrow. I'll also send a reminder out on the 100lb club. My favorite color is red, so I have a lot of selection. Nori, I have a Florida state shirt you can borrow. Surely they won't say 'no' to you wearing this one!

A long time ago...before the massive weight gain...I was a Nike woman. But, Nike seems to run kinda narrow, so they don't feel right anymore. Then, I feel in love with New Balance. I overpronate and need a lot of stability and motion control. Unfortunately, shoes for my foot and gait are usually the more expensive models. A couple of months ago, I ended up buying Asics and I love them!

FYI - For those of you who love New Balance, they are going to become harder and harder to find as they have opened their own stores and have started reducing the volumes and selections they send to the sports stores. Just great, huh?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #771  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Today we had to go for Aiden's appointment with his cardiologist and he is perfect. There's almost no murmur which the doctor said is really unusual even after surgery and his EKG was great. Plus he has really good blood pressure and oxygen saturation. But I wasn't expecting any problems. He is just so active and normal. We were also told he should do sports. Now it'll be another year till he goes again.

Chellez- I like your novella so far. I've read a few Vampire novels. Mostly the romance ones. Personally I like science fiction the most but romance novels are cheaper if I need something to read at work.

QOTD - I have a pair of Avia's that are my everyday sneakers. Since I wasn't sure if I would continue going to the gym I bought a pair of cheap sneakers from Kmart. I'll probably get a new better pair before too long. The Kmart ones are actually comfortable everywhere but the tongue which is too stiff and digs a bit into my foot if I don't keep adjusting it.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:34 PM   #772  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

QOTD
everyday--skechers
exercise except running--NB Crosstrainers
running--NB 766

Chellez--It sounds like you have a plan for the puppy. I know things will work out.

Purplefirefly--Based on the detailed review you posted I think I will get Jillian's dvds as a reward for myself. I like "non dancy" straightfoward exercise which is what I figured I would get from Jillian. Taebo used to be like that but the newer dvds I've gotten the steps in one sequence have gotten ridiculous. Granted I cut some of the moves out but still..................
I think you have the 5 dvd set and the 3 dvd set. Any preference? I'm thinking of getting both because I think I can get all 8 for $30 on Amazon.

Rhonda & onthetee--I was told I overpronate. I was analyzed at the running store also.

Things are going well with the Shay Plan. Which after doing some investigating I've realized is "intuitive eating". I'm working on my binge eating also. I think I will look into buying some things from Geneen Roth because she talks about both and I hear fantastic things about her. So now I get to reward myself all of the time by being binge free and meeting weight loss goals. I can't wait!

Last edited by Shay; 01-31-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #773  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I am ticked. I have not been making it to the gym and have had to use the treadmill at home, complete with interruptions from the offspring. Grrr. I was planning to get out tonight, but DH just called and he is stuck at work. By the time he gets home, all hands on deck to get kids to bed before the debate.

So I guess I will go get on the treadmill and pay the consequences of the children.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #774  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Chellez -- I can't remember what they name the plans, but make sure (if at all possible) to put your baby on the highest level plan that Banfield has. If she's an "allergy dog" and you know the situation will probably stick around in some form or other for life, it'll be worth the extra few dollars a month. You can always reduce the plan, but you can't "up" the plan (go from the basic plan to the top-of-the-line plan).

I use Banfield for Franny. It's also much easier to trick her to go to the vet. She doesn't put up a fight because she's like "WHoo hoo! I'm going to Petsmart." Then as soon as we come to the Banfield counter, I can see the look in her eyes that's like "Crap, fooled again!" Same thing happens with the groomer.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #775  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I was ready to eat the kids by 10 AM.
This has had me chuckling off and on all day!

Karen - So happy you got good news on Aiden!!!

I had to take DD to the pediatrician today. She has folliculitis - an infection of the hair follicles. I've noticed for a few days that she had tons of super small, white-headed pimples forming on her chest, tummy, back and butt. They weren't bothering her much so I didn't pay "much" attention to it. Until this am when she woke up and started crying about it and itching pretty bad. When I looked at it was much worse. Started her on some topical cream.

Shay - Geneen Roth is AMAZING!! I enjoy reading her books and can relate to much of what she says - from one binger to another I guess! Anyhoo...I'd love to be able to be an intuitive eater, and I believe that I am in that learning process...but for now I need to count calories.

Last edited by Nori71; 01-31-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #776  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Mom2--Thanks for the information. I will definitely keep everyone up to date on here. I echo your statement regarding onthetee--there are many times I get on here to read posts and I LOL at hers !

I also wanted to say that I think Week 3 is ours. Our Week 2 was similiar to what we've seen on the actual BL. No pressure but based on my "research" and Chellez you can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Blue has always won the overall challenge. We can so do this. I think we are doing a good job of keeping a majority of our team members also (she says as she crosses her fingers)!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #777  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
This has had me chuckling off and on all day!

I had to take DD to the pediatrician today. She has folliculitis - an infection of the hair follicles. I've noticed for a few days that she had tons of super small, white-headed pimples forming on her chest, tummy, back and butt. They weren't bothering her much so I didn't pay "much" attention to it. Until this am when she woke up and started crying about it and itching pretty bad. When I looked at it was much worse.
Here is a link to my homeschool blog: http://openpath.blogspot.com/ You can see how edible they are!

Sorry about the daughter. That is rotten. Any cause?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM   #778  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Anal Calorie counting question for you all. Okay, so the serving size of most things is listed as a dry measurement (2 tbsb., 1/4 package, etc.) and also in grams. I've recently noticed the grams and servings size don't exactly match up. Are the grams more accurate, or is the dry measurement more accurate?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #779  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
Anal Calorie counting question for you all. Okay, so the serving size of most things is listed as a dry measurement (2 tbsb., 1/4 package, etc.) and also in grams. I've recently noticed the grams and servings size don't exactly match up. Are the grams more accurate, or is the dry measurement more accurate?
Wow. Definitely anal. I just use standard measure because I can eyeball that and not have to weigh everything.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #780  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Here is a link to my homeschool blog: http://openpath.blogspot.com/ You can see how edible they are!

Sorry about the daughter. That is rotten. Any cause?
Cool site - I bookmarked it for further reading when I have time...

No, all the *normal* causes of folliculitis are not present.

Jordan - grams would be more accurate, IMO. It's too easy to do a *mounded* cup of cereal vs the weight amount! I weigh most of the time.