Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #901  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Thanks everyone for the encouragement yesterday. I'm less funkified today, but I have to confess to eating a bag of m&ms yesterday. I think I might need to kick up the food journaling a little, I seem to have disordered eating unless I'm very structured.

Karen - I'm on Central Time. I know that some days I go home and don't check in. (Like last night, I decided to lay in bed and watch 6 episodes of Tivo'd NCIS. A Gibbs-a-thon was just what I needed.) On the days that I'm not busy at work I check in like every 15 minutes, but I don't post that often, or it would quickly become a monologue.

Tuesday's Question of the Day:
When your motivation is flagging and you feel like quitting, what keeps you going on this journey?

I don't know. This is the most sucessful I've ever been on a diet/lifestyle change. This morning on the treadmill I was thinking "what if"...

What if I don't lose anymore weight...I've still got my BMI down from obese.
I've still eliminated 95% of the pain and mood swings of PMS through regular exercise. I'm still able to fit into non-plus size clothing. I can still run for up to 4 minutes at a time, walk for hours at a time. I've still lost 20 inches in 13 months. My allergies/IBS/depression have all but dissappeared. My risk for heart disease has decreased (Dad died at 53 of a heart attack). My "health age" according to one website is now 21.

But if I don't keep going I could lose/reverse all of those things. So if this is as thin as I get, so what. No one is looking at me and saying "OMG, what a disgusting cow". That's all in my head. I need to put my darned vanity aside and concentrate on being the healthiest me I can be.

Stepping off my soapbox and going to work now...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #902  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

CONGRATS Blue Team!!!!! Great job this week! Bob would be so proud!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #903  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok they are working on my telephone lines now so I'll post these before I get knocked off the internet. I'll try to be back later!

For Cristina

For The Blue Team!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #904  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

I only posted a .5 weight loss last week, but my previous weeks were pretty strong. Guess it's just my body saying "whoa!". Hopefully I will see a better week next week.

I am so proud we won biggest loser this week!! How exciting.!

Cheers, Ginger
Old 02-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #905  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Tuesday's Question of the Day:
When your motivation is flagging and you feel like quitting, what keeps you going on this journey?
My DS, I just look at him and remember that for those times I can't do this for me (which seem to be few) I know I have to do it for him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7278048 sm.JPG (40.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #906  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Off to the doc to see if he has any insight on why I have stalled for a year. I can accept that 'plateaus happen', but this is ridiculous!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #907  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Rhonda - I forgot to congratulate you on the promotion (that is not technically a promotion!). More $ is always better, whatever it's called!

As far as challenges. I'm up for anything. Exercise is not a problem for me - so that would be an easy challenge. Most of my problems revolve around food/journal/calories... But I'm up for anything.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #908  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

GL at the docs, Anna. I'm interested to see what he says.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #909  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

WOO HOO Go blue!!! Well done all! Lets keep it going for Week 4 too!

Sorry I've not been around much the last few days. I've been in a funk, too, with all this ugly weather (first snow, then rain, then rain and snow, and today we're supposed to have snow, rain AND wind!). I'm also TOMing right now, which always brings me down emotionally.

I'm really ready for Lent to start tomorrow. For the first time ever, I'm really feeling a spiritual and emotional NEED for it. In the past, it's been a reason to give something up, and maybe pray a little more. This year, I feel like I need these coming 40-odd days to dedicate myself to an act of sacrifice, a challenge, and a lot of personal and spiritual reflection. I've decided to give up gossip this year - no Perez or MamaPop, no Us Weekly or People, etc. - because I spend far too much time and energy on following the lives of people I don't even know. I'm also going to add in yoga - I'm going to do it 3 days a week. It should help with the weight loss, and will certainly help get me through the winter blues and focus inwards.

As for Rhonda's QOTD: I try to remember that I want to become healthier and fitter so that I can live a long and healthy life with DBF (who will hopefully one day be DH?), eventually have kiddos and then be a healthy mama who sets a good example. If I want to do those things, I need to change my habits NOW!

Hopefully I'll get the chance to come back on later today to give you all some personal attention. to all, especially those in The Big Funk with me.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #910  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,

It's Mardi Gras Day here. So, my DS is out of school. I only have a minute.

But, CONGRATULATIONS everyone on being the winning team this week.

I had a bad night last night. My friend called to tell me that her husband didn't want us talking anymore. It is a long story. But, I got really depressed and on top of that my husband left yesterday and will be gone all week on a business trip. So, before I knew it I was eating a stupid Moon Pie and little debbie cake. Yes, you heard me right I didn't stop at one I ate both. Oh yea, it doesn't help either that TOM is here and all I want is chocolate. I am better this morning. My friend messaged me to say that her and her husband came to a compromise and we can talk just not as often. She lives far away so we only get to talk via telephone or computer. So, I guess we'll talk whenever.

I am determined to stay on plan today and not let anything get me down. I really would like to see 175 by the WI on Friday. I get to change plans when I reach 175. Not to mention that would mean 26lbs gone.

Thanks for reading about my horrible night and I will try to get to some personals later.

Again, CONGRATS everyone.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #911  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow, a lot of us have been fighting the blues lately. I was looking on-line and found some great tips for fighting the blues. The article is kinda lengthy, so I'll just post one tip each day. Hopefully, this information will be useful for all of us who just aren't feeling very cheerful.

Beat the Blues
10 Cool Ways to Beat the Winter Blues and Keep Your Mood Adjusted
Written by Nicole Nichols

Winter is in full force. As the days get shorter and the nights get colder, even the best of us can get a little down. The "winter blues" are characterized by the mild depression, lack of motivation, and low energy that many people experience during this cold season. Luckily, there’s a lot you can do to both prevent the blues from coming on and get yourself back to normal if they’re already here.

#1 Exercise
As if we needed another reason to get fit! Exercise isn’t only for maintaining your weight and staying healthy. It’s great for relieving the stresses of life. Plus, the effects of a good workout can last for several hours after you hit the showers. You’ll have more energy throughout the day, and your metabolism with stay elevated too. Exercise also helps your mind by releasing those "feel good chemicals" that improve your mood.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-05-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #912  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WOOHOO BLUE TEAM! Good job this week everyone!

CHELLE...thanks for the banners! I am going to have to resize them...saved them but when I went to add them it said they exceed the forums limit so...I'll figure it out and get them in the siggy though.

RHONDAWTG on moving to a new postion in your company! Hope you are feeling better, migraines suck for sure!

MARIANNEsorry you are in a funk.

DIONNE...sorry about the drama with your friends hubby. Sounds like he has issues, maybe a little jealous of you and your friends relationship. Glad they compromised though.

KAREN...I think someone else mentioned this when I was making notes, but I too was wondering if the gym had daycare...seems like most do now days. Nothing wrong with getting addicted to going to the gym! Well, maybe one can, lol.

DIXIE...glad you are less funkified today. I like that word, lol...will have to use it.

HEATHER...sorry if I missed that you were having surgery. Hope all is well and you are recovering nicely. And I don't think your picture idea is crazy at all.

THERESA...hoping all goes well at the doctors today. Feel better soon and hang in there.

Hi to everyone else

QUESTION of THE DAY...when I feel like quitting and my motivation is flagging I hear my son say "You better not quit!" Also, I feel like i have come too far to quit now. I've not given up over the last few years and now that I am where I am there is no stopping me! But I started this for my health because I don't want anyone to have to care for me when I am older. I want to be able to take care of myself and be there for my kids and grandkids.

Anyway...I can't believe that I am the biggest loser for the week. I think it has motivated me even more!

I got in 65 minutes of exercise so far for the day. Not going to try and kill myself but I have about 15-20 more minutes I want to get in. So still doing good with the eating and exercise!

Here's to another good losing week everyone!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #913  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Oh, I forgot...I am up for a challenge. Just not very creative in thinking of one but I will try. I like the one the red team (I think it was the red team) has going...maybe something similar
Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #914  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hey Blue team, I'm sneaking in to challenge you!!! During tonights show pick one or both:

1) workout during the show

2) assume the plank position for an entire commercial break! Its hard!!! go ahead and try!

Make sure you report back to your team if you tried and how far you got!! Good luck! I'm going to attempt chair (from last week) for a commercial break and plank for a commercial break! who is with me?

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 02-05-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #915  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Awesome job Blue Team! We did it!

Okay, so maybe not we! I was a poor contributor with my -0.1! But I am down a pound today, and I am on a roll! Gotta get below 229 before Vday so dh has to take me out to eat wherever I choose! Thats the deal! My weight is the lowest today that it has been in 4 years!

So here goes week 4! Good luck everyone and push push push yourself! Have a great week!