Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #946  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fluffy Chick View Post

Chelle, how do I get that blue team banner for week 3?
Right click the banner and "Copy Image Location"

Then go to where you edit your signature and click the little image button and paste the copied location in the popup box and press ok.

Make sure you preview your signature before you save!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #947  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Good morning winners! My son is almost better and should be back to school tomorrow...but my daughter is looking like she's coming down with it and will probably be home tomorrow. I feel like I'm starting to get it as well but am trying to prevent it I did some exercise last night but it's like I'm faking it, hoping to cross in to the "making it" side soon. I will be hitting it hard today because tomorrow is weigh in and I don't think I'm going to lose anything this week. I am the same this AM as last Thursday but, at least it's not a gain.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #948  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm down one pound this week. Slow and steady wins the race, right?!?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #949  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Week 3 Winners! Congratulations, Christina...you Big Loser!

Today is just a regular day for me. I'll have a typical busy day of telecommuting, motherly and wifely duties. I do hope to get my butt on the treadmill for a good solid hour of fat burning cardio exercise. I tried yesterday, but my stomach problems kept interrupting me. The exercise seemed to make the bathroom visits come a little more frequently! (TMI?) I may have managed to get 15 minutes of sweat equity. Hopefully, today will be a better workout. My stomach seems to have settled down. Not sure what is causing the problem...I need to take a serious look at what I'm eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue apples View Post
Well, I feel badly that I forgot to post and I don't make the time to chat. Honestly, I feel a little goofy when I post, cuz it seems like conversations end right after (not in this forum, in the soapdish) or no one responds and I feel like a goon.
Please remember....even if your posts don't get a personal response, many of us read each and every post and are interested in what is going on with our team members. Doing daily personals is extremely time consuming and adds unnecessary stress. I do try to do them two or three times a week, but I just can't do them daily. Please keep posting. We do want to hear from you!

Anna - I'm so excited for you! I hope this doctor brings some good answers for you. I've always loved the combination of conventional medicine and alternative medicine. A year ago, I first went to an alternative medicine doctor and I finally received some answers and was able to make some changes. Turns out, I was insulin resistant and had been battling adrenal fatigue. No wonder I gained 75 more pounds in under two years. Now, I'm 30 pounds lighter, no longer in adrenal fatigue and I've reversed my insulin resistance. I'm sure you wil have the same positive results for yourself.

Heather - Your food photography is a very creative plan! Please let us know how it works for you. I may need to pull out my camera and keep it in the kitchen!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day! GO BLUE!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #950  
Former Quitter

Ways to Beat the Blues

#2 Eat a Healthy Diet
What and when you eat has a great affect on your mood and energy. Avoid refined and processed foods (like white breads, rice, and sugar). These foods are not only devoid of the nutrients your body craves, but they zap your energy levels and can affect your mood—causing depression, lack of concentration, and mood swings. Try to incorporate more complex carbohydrates (whole wheat breads, brown rice, veggies, fruit) and get your daily 8 cups of water. These healthy foods provide your body (and mind) with nutrients, and stabilize your blood sugar and your energy levels.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #951  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
My husband says it's also a good idea because when it comes time to plan meals for the week & make a grocery list, we can never think of what sounds good. If we have pictures, maybe we'll remember stuff we liked.
A really good site for food ideas and photos is vegan lunchbox:
http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/20...1_archive.html

She uses a lot of vegan substitutes, but if you aren't vegan, you can use the real stuff (like milk-based pudding instead of soy; real mayo, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
wifely duties
Now, I know what I call wifely duties.....I can only imagine what lunch break is like for two telecommuters.

Last edited by onthetee; 02-06-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #952  
Former Quitter

Wednesday's Question of the Day:

What ficitional character would you choose to describe yourself?

Mine would probably be Wilma Flintstone. She takes care of her family and keeps her goofy husband in line. (and, she likes jewelry...notice that she's always wearing a necklace) Yep, just like me!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-06-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #953  
Accepting who she is

Quote:

HA HA HA Jane Craig, the Holly Hunter character in Broadcast News.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #954  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Depending on the day, I am either Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ... or Lucy Van Pelt from Peanuts.

BTW, I posted my weight loss for the week since Wednesday is my weigh-in day. I dropped 2.8. I know that is a good number, but another 1/2 lb and I would have hit a major Goal ... Half way too goal. I was really hoping for that 1/2 way this morning ... but almost 3 lbs is really good.

Last edited by krjpy; 02-06-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: forgot to enter something
Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #955  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Not to much happening here. I did get in 45 minutes of very sweaty exercise while trying not to step on the kids. They have been doing WATP with me. They last about 20 minutes before they start going crazy and getting underfoot. I was trying to do it in the morning before they wake up but I think they need to see mommy exercising. We have been talking more about food and how the right foods keep you healthy and fuel your body. They are almost 3.5yo so I don't know how much they really understand but they parrot my pineapple keeps you healthy every time we eat it.

Gotta get the kids interested in something so I can sneak in a shower. Caillou anyone?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #956  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
They are almost 3.5yo so I don't know how much they really understand but they parrot my pineapple keeps you healthy every time we eat it.

My son had severe food allergies when he was younger, and at 2.5, he could tell you in detail about food allergies and that high fructose corn syrup would give you diabetes. My current 3 yo has no clue about these things, and in some way that makes me happy for her. She has not had to question everything she puts in her mouth, and she knows the general ideas of what is and is not good for you.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #957  
Accepting who she is

I just realized that everything I eat for lunches is red. (see blog link) No kidding. Shrimp masala, my shrimp quesadilla uses cayenne pepper and seasonsed salt, all my soups have tomato, salads use red onion...I don't have a lot of variety for lunch, so I am off to think of what else to eat today.

Edit: settling for low-fat ramen; can you say SODIUM!

Last edited by onthetee; 02-06-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #958  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Goodmorning everyone!

Zinkemomx2- I tell my 3.5 years olds that certain foods are "grow foods" and others are not- they are treats or special foods and while we eat them and enjoy them, we don't eat them all the time. All the time now I get - is this a grow food mommy? They are very interested in getting bigger "like daddy" so this really helps when I put food in front of them to eat.

When I work out, and then need a shower the kids watch TV too it's the only way!

Cheers,
Ginger
Old 02-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #959  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Kelly and SCGirl on your losses! Not quite getting that goal will give you something to strive for next week Kelly...you'll get there! Actually if you have my luck the scale will drop down there tomorrow and you'll wish you weighed in on Thursdays
Old 02-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #960  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I don't know who would best represent me, but this is who/what I'd want:

Lulu's body confidence (Stephanie Plum Series)
Buffy's ability to kick butt
Samantha Carter's brains (Stargate)
Penelope Garcia's sense of humor (Criminal Minds)
Trixie Belden's intuition