Old 09-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #316  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

10again..hang in there, girlie! We're here for ya!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I think it should be decent. Nothing all that impressive this week, lol. I've stayed on plan and have been exercising as I should be, and I'm feeling pretty good! I just wish someone would come and do my homework for me.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #317  
Red Team Member

2.5 lbs down this week.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

I ate so bad over this past weekend...Mcdonalds, Ice cream, Chineese (ugh), right now I am so bloated. I'm up a bit, but hopefully I'll be back down by the weekend where I want to be. I think AF is due this week too to make matters worse.

I don't quite know what happened. I sort of just steamrolled from "I'll just have one bite of ice cream" to "Oh well...diet's shot already why not!" mentality. Hopefully I an get back on plan this week ;-)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

I just posted a request to get us a sticky for our weigh in thread.

I'm down a pound this week, it's better than nothing but I'm disappointed.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #320  
Red Team Member

Casey--it's progress, girlie! Be proud of yourself, you lost a POUND of fat!

Edited to say...we weigh the same now! Just an observation, lol.

Last edited by Cassie501107; 10-01-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

Cassie- That's cool, I noticed we were pretty close the other day!

We have a sticky now like everybody else!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #322  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thanks for getting us stuck at the top Casey - so much easier to find.

For those of us (myself included) who had a disappointing week, don't let it get you down and certainly don't let it knock you off track. Just keep plugging - one foot in front of the other.

Have a great week BLACK TEAM. I'm going out of town and will be back next week.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #323  
Takin' charge of my life!

Hey girls! The thread has kind of quieted down Hopefully it will pick up again.

My weekend was really busy and wore me out so unfortunately I didn't work out as much as I had wanted to. I did work out for 60 minutes today though! Now I am feeling it in my knee though, I'm probably going to have to put the heating pad on it (it's the same one I had surgery on 3 years ago). Pain is good though right?!

My diet this weekend suffered as well because of being so busy, but I am getting back on track! It was a hard start today though because my employer always supplies donuts/muffins/bagels on the 1st business day of the month. I held myself to one muffin and then ate healthy the rest of the day! haha

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! And I'm glad to see we finally got our sticky!! Hopefully that will help remind everyone. I subscribed to that thread so that way I always have it to go back to from that list and it is also in my signature! haha gotta make my life easier one way or another!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #324  

Okay, so I was watching FitTV after I got done exercising and saw some really great ideas for low cal meals...I found their website and printed off some easy to make breakfast ideas...

Egg Roll-Up
Roll up a whole-wheat tortilla filled with scrambled egg beaters and salsa. Toss in your favorite precut veggies (try onions, peppers, spinach or mushrooms).

Fruity Refresher
Stir a 1/2 cup each of plain, low-fat yogurt and orange-pineapple-banana juice with 1/3 cup of sliced banana and half a dozen fresh or frozen blueberries. Freeze overnight in a container or in a paper cup. It will be ready to go by morning. As you let it defrost, you'll have a refreshing slushy. Or, if you use a paper cup, you can eat it like a frozen push-pop.

Stuffed Melon (I personally don't like cottage cheese so this will not be one I make!)
Scoop a 1/2 cup of non- or low-fat cottage cheese into a cantaloupe or honeydew half.

Easy Smoothie
Blend a 1/2 cup each of plain low-fat yogurt and orange juice with half a frozen banana and a few frozen strawberries.

Good Ol' Faithful
Add fresh fruit or cereal (like Raisin Bran or low-fat granola) to plain low- or non-fat yogurt.

Apple With Peanut Butter Toast
Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on a slice of whole-wheat bread and spread another tablespoon on an apple.

Waffle Time
Warm a whole-wheat waffle. Top with low- or non-fat yogurt and sliced fresh fruit.

Just Like Home
Microwave a cup of oatmeal and toss 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds on top.

Banana Wrap-Up

Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter on a slice of whole-wheat bread. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of sunflower seeds if desired. Wrap around a banana.

Hope you guys find these useful, I know I will!!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #325  

Okay, so how about some desserts?! We all know we love them!! Here are some ideas:

Have a sweet tooth? Instead of devouring a box of cookies, or indulging in a weight-loss doozy like a belt-blasting piece of carrot cake from the Cheesecake Factory (1,560 calories), try these lower-calorie alternatives:

* 1/2 cup lemon sorbet, 1 raspberry, 1 mint leaf, 1 shot amaretto liquer (this was on the show I was watching and looked really yummy and if I remember right it was said to have 140 calories)
* 1/2 cup nonfat ice cream or frozen yogurt (90-120 calories)
* 1 cup fresh berries (80 calories) with optional 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 90 calories total
* Sugar-free hot chocolate (25-50 calories, depending on brand)
* 1/2 cup sugar-free Jell-O (10 calories) with optional 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 20 calories total
* 3/4 cup frozen grapes/12 grapes (70 calories)
* 2 graham cracker sheets/4 squares (120 calories)
* Good Humor sugar-free juice popsicle (15 calories)
* Small piece (2 ounces) of angel food cake (120 calories) with optional 1/2 cup whole strawberries (25 calories) and 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 155 calories total
* 4 Hershey's Kisses (100 calories)
* 1 fudge popsicle (30-90 calories, depending on brand)
* 1 low-fat ice cream sandwich (120-160 calories, depending on brand)
* 1/2 cup sorbet or sherbet (90-150 calories, depending on brand)
* 1/2 cup nonfat pudding (100 calories)
* 2 Strawberry Twizzlers (70 calories)
* 1 small peppermint patty (40 calories)
* 4 small gingersnaps/1-ounce serving (120 calories)
* 3 cups low-fat microwave popcorn (60-120 calories, depending on brand)
* 1 Hershey's Miniature (45 calories)
* 1/2 cup nonfat, sugar-free vanilla yogurt with a sliced peach (130-160 calories)
* Baked apple sprinkled with cinnamon (80 calories)
* 1/2 can pumpkin with Splenda and sprinkled with cinnamon (40 calories, and ) it tastes like pumpkin pie!)
* Root beer float made with diet root beer and 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt (90-120 calories)
* 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce with 2 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup (60 calories)
* 1/4 cup raisins sprinkled with Equal and cinnamon (110 calories)
* Frozen fruit popsicle (70-100 calories, depending on brand)
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #326  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Andi18 - Thanks so much for all the tasty ideas! Mmmmm! (drool)
Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Andi18 for the ideas!!! yummy!!!

I lost 2 pounds this week.... I'll take it!!!!

According to my handy dandy e-mail reminder, TOM is expected to arrive in one week from yesterday. This means that "the bloat" will start any day now. This time around, however, I won't let it discourage me and I'll work right through it. So, I may show a gain this week, and then next week I'll have lost that and more. I have WW snacks (chocolates mainly) to help with my cravings during TOM - so I won't go overboard.

Casey - that's for getting us stickied! That's SO much easier to find!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
Thank you Andi18 for the ideas!!! yummy!!!

I lost 2 pounds this week.... I'll take it!!!!

According to my handy dandy e-mail reminder, TOM is expected to arrive in one week from yesterday. This means that "the bloat" will start any day now. This time around, however, I won't let it discourage me and I'll work right through it. So, I may show a gain this week, and then next week I'll have lost that and more. I have WW snacks (chocolates mainly) to help with my cravings during TOM - so I won't go overboard.

Casey - that's for getting us stickied! That's SO much easier to find!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Congrats on the weight loss Julz!!!

I always get the chocolate craving during TOM too. That's sweet that you have an e-mail reminder! I log into a website to check it, but I am not regular so it's hard to tell for sure when TOM will be visiting...right now I am 10 days later than I normally am and feeling all bloated... Not letting that get to me though!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
That's sweet that you have an e-mail reminder! I log into a website to check it, but I am not regular so it's hard to tell for sure when TOM will be visiting...right now I am 10 days later than I normally am and feeling all bloated... Not letting that get to me though!!!!
Not sure if it's sweet or not...lol. I go through a website called mycycle.com I track all my periods on there (mine aren't particularly regular either) and from what I enter when I have my periods, it calculates my predicted ovulations and periods for the following months. It stores all my information on all my previous periods too. I can have anywhere between 27 and 33 day cycles... but it's handy to have an idea as to around when I'm supposed to start. That way when I bloat up - I can feel better knowing it's hormonal! lol
Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #330  
Red Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
Not sure if it's sweet or not...lol. I go through a website called mycycle.com I track all my periods on there (mine aren't particularly regular either) and from what I enter when I have my periods, it calculates my predicted ovulations and periods for the following months. It stores all my information on all my previous periods too. I can have anywhere between 27 and 33 day cycles... but it's handy to have an idea as to around when I'm supposed to start. That way when I bloat up - I can feel better knowing it's hormonal! lol
Oooh! I think I'm going to check that site out!

AF just showed up this morning, and she brought 3 pounds of water with her....ugh.