Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #361  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
just an update, Im deleting the black team. Im sorry, I have all of things to do and I especially dont need to have rude posts started about me.
Quote:
I dont need this rudeness addressed to me. If this is whats going to happen, either she needs to leave or I just need to shut down the black team
Quote:
Okay so let me get this straight. So the one created this thread (ME) is somewhat not involved anymore. How is that right? How are you (londonJulz) going to post the rules. I dont get it.

Im trying my best to mange things. I have alot going on in my life right now, but I also took on the responsibilty of this. Now I dont even feel liked and wanted in my own thread.

Deep breath, everyone!

It is clear you have a lot going on and are overwhelmed. Please don't let that cloud your vision! People have appreciated you! I think it has been expressed that there is much appreciation for the time and effort you have put into this thus far. Don't let your feelings being bruised spoil that for you and everyone!

Everyone is only human. We all make mistakes. We all have lives outside of this forum and struggles outside of weight issues.

You stated you wanted to 'delete' the team. Well, the team doesn't want to be deleted, they have all done so well (which you should be proud of)!

Perhaps delegating responsibilities would be a good solution, so everyone wins? I am sure someone (or a few people) would gladly help out!

Just try to put this in perspective and be proud of yourself and your team!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Okay so let me get this straight. So the one created this thread (ME) is somewhat not involved anymore. How is that right? How are you (londonJulz) going to post the rules. I dont get it.

Im trying my best to mange things. I have alot going on in my life right now, but I also took on the responsibilty of this. Now I dont even feel liked and wanted in my own thread.
All I did was re-post the rules that you layed out in the Weigh-In thread as a reminder for everyone here. I didn't make any new rules and no one ever said you weren't welcome. I said in my post that I wasn't trying to be a leader or step on toes. I thought that clarification on the list of people on the Black Team (according to your weigh-in rules) was needed (especially since there are 2 other threads out there with lists of names on them as well). If you have a lot going on in your life right now maybe you should step aside as a "team leader" (if only temporarily while you get things worked out, or until things in your life slow down a little) or delegate jobs to people. I'm not trying to create problems, I'm not being critical or rude or mean to you - but if you are going to go thru booting people off based on the weigh-in rules, then those rules need to apply to everyone (yourself included). Otherwise, make this Team a free for all, let anyone and everyone join in, weigh-in whenever they want to and not keep track of percentages.... there has to be some kind of structure and organization to it.....
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #363  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Stacie: I just want to say THANK YOU for starting the Black Team. You get props for that, and for taking on the role of record tracker. Thanks!

That said, the simple fact of the matter is that it has been discovered that errors were made when tallying up the current team members for the Black Team Week 3 Results. That's all. Certainly everyone (including me, heh!) makes mistakes. No sweat. Water off a duck's back, ya know?

However, it would be great if you, or another person who has stepped up to volunteer, went with the updated Black Team roster. Otherwise, it's not really fair to those who made an effort to weigh-in by the rules.

I do think it's sad that your first instincts were to "delete" the team, and kick off people who are posting things you disagree with. I understand that you started the Team, but it's now like a living organization owned by the people of 3FC, and I think it's wrong to consider it "yours"... ya know? We are all here to lose weight, and have a good time. Let's focus on the big picture and not the goofs.

If you are too busy to handle the tracking, which for sure is a project.. then just hand it off to someone else. No big deal. It sounds like you have a lot going on with school and life in general. No one will hold it against you if you "pass the baton"

The Black Team Weigh-In thread is definitely BIG, and maybe we could start over with it being purely a weigh-in post from each Black Team member... and each member just edits their post in the sticky note, rather than add another weekly post onto the thread? That way it will stay small and easily checked. A proposal anyway. In comparison, the Red weigh-in thread is 3 pages, the Blue 4. Ours is 8. Yowsa. That ain't so easy to browse and record from.

To sum up: No one wants you to leave 3FC and no one has taken away your role.
Stay, and let's all get skinny!

Let's all just chill and focus on shrinking those dastardly fat cells!

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 10-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #364  

My fellow Black Team!!!!!

Hubby and I went to the grocery store last night (well, we went to Wal-Mart.... which is a Super Wal-Mart.... so it contains a grocery store). We haven't grocery shopped in about 3 weeks, so we were running low on everything!! I wish I would have had a pedometer - I swear we walked 3 miles! We were there for nearly 2 hours! And, then the most daunting task was bringing it all in and putting it all away.... But, we are now well stocked on fruits, veggies and lean meats.... (and other stuff)

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. So today is my "last chance workout" day. Bob and I will be seeing a lot of each other today Well, I'll be seeing a lot of him.... he can't really see me through the TV.... (that's a good thing too...lol)

I have a goal in mind of 210 and I'm HOPING to meet it this week!!!! I've done well this week with my food and exercise and I'd like to see a good return for that on the number on the scale. But, at any rate, I know that I've lost some pounds this week... just not sure if it's the 3 pounds I'm hoping for.... we'll see though.

How's everyone else doing??? Do you set little weekly goals for yourselves (weight wise?)? I have this habit of weighing myself every morning and I know that they say that until you're on maintanence, it's not a good idea. I used to just weigh myself every week - not sure what started the "everyday" kick - but I need to break that habit!

Well, I hope you all have wonderful days today!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

Hey guys. I'm sorry all that happened. I do think stacie is doing an awesome job, as is everyone else who is being so awesome and encouraging. The Black Team threads are getting to be some of my favorite places to check out now.

I noticed that I wasn't on one of the lists, but that is my fault. I didn't weigh in last week or even go on the 3FC forum, just because I was getting burn out. I tend to get obsessive about things, and I went through an obsessive phase about losing weight for a few weeks there at the same time I happened to be plateauing. Last week happened to be when I realized that I needed to take a step back, so I took a break. I love the Black Team and I'd love to still be on it, if that is allowed.

ETA: I did change my my original weigh in post Monday morning, as I thought that's what was supposed to be done and I thought the cut off was Monday nights EST. I don't want to be stirring up more trouble.

Last edited by Fooled; 10-04-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #366  

Hey Fooled - you are on the "updated" lists on this thread. You updated your weigh-in post (and yes, that is what you are supposed to do, Edit your original weigh-in post) by the "deadline". So, as far as I'm concerned, you are still in it! The Blue & Red teams have 2 or 3 "freebie" weeks that they are allowed to take. So as long as they update their weigh-in post or PM their team leader by the "deadline" that they are taking a freebie week, then it doesn't count against them, or they don't get dropped (am I right about that Blue & Red teams? If not, please correct me!). So, I assumed that we had the same thing... (assumed being the key word there). I noticed you said that the cut off was EST? Is that the case??? I really have no clue as to what time zone the 11:00 pm deadline time is. I assumed (there's that word again) that because Stacie is in TX that it was CST. Again, if anyone knows for sure - please let the rest of us know...... so as not to run into this same mess again next week!

**DISCLAIMER** Again, that's not me trying to be a leader or take anyones position, step on toes, etc. (and I probably won't put that disclaimer on every post I write, but I feel like for the mean time, it needs to be obviously pointed out) That's me, as a Black Team member trying to iron out wrinkles, and ask questions for my own self - and also ask them in case anyone else has the same question......

However, if someone isn't going to weigh-in for a week.... they really do need to PM the team leader or update their weigh-in post by the deadline with a "freebie" so that they aren't "dropped" off the team. (that is not pointed at any one person, it's just a general statement)
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #367  

Height: 5'9"

I do not set a specific weekly weigh in goal for myself beyond losing weight. That's what I really care about. And, I suppose I want it to be at least a lb a week.

Overall, I want to be 145 by my best friend's wedding which is November 10th. With that said, I'm going to need my bridesmaid dress altered. I bought it from David's Bridal. Does anyone have experience with their alterations? (Cost & quality)

Also, are any ladies in the Chicagoland area that can suggest tailors. Further, does anyone know exactly WHEN I should be taking it in for alterations?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #368  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Black team. I found the Q & A thread Chellez made before the challenge and thought maybe it would help you girls get organized, esoecially if Stacie has decided not Lead the team anymore. it explains the Rules and freebie weeks and all that. Y'all might want to think about following it because she's ran several of these, she's done very well and has had success in running these challenges for us.

Here ya go:
Q: When does the challenge start and when does it end?
A: The challenge starts officially on September 9th and ends on December 3rd. I'll start collecting starting weights on September 2nd and collect them until September 8th.

Q: Do I have to follow the Biggest Loser Diet plan?
A: No, you can be on whatever diet and exercise plan you are currently practicing or you can start a new one.

Q: When will I know what team I'm on? Where will my team post to each other?
A: The teams will be announced on September 8th in the late evening. Two chat threads will be made for each team. You will post to your team in the appropriate thread.

Q: Do I have to participate in team discussion and chats?
A: We obviously can not force you to participate. But being on a team means communication and that is key for moving towards a common goal in this challenge. We really are looking for individuals who will check in with their team and participate so we know how you are doing.

Q: Where do I weigh in? When do I weigh in? How do I weigh in?
A: Two threads will be created for each team for their weigh ins. You can weigh in any day of the week just as long as it's before the cut off day and time. You can keep any preexisting weigh in days that you may have already in place. For instance I weigh in on either Tuesdays or Saturdays when I go to my WW meetings. For others it may be different. There's a specific format that we use to weigh in (see below) and I ask that once you weigh in that you please do not change your weights. You'll simply be editing the same post in your team's weigh in thread every week so it's all based on the honor system.

Q: What is the format? How do I edit the same post?
A: This is the format for this challenge:

Week 1 (9/9 - 9/15):
Week 2 (9/16 - 9/22):
Week 3 (9/23 - 9/29):
Week 4 (9/30 - 10/6):
Week 5 (10/7 - 10/13):
Week 6 (10/14 - 10/20):
Week 7 (10/21 - 10/27):
Week 8 (10/28 - 11/3):
Week 9 (11/4 - 11/10):
Week 10 (11/11 - 11/17):
Week 11 (11/18 - 11/24):
Week 12 (11/25 - 12/1):

Some people also find it helpful to add the weigh in deadlines to their format to help remind them when the last day to weigh in is.

Week 1 (9/9 - 9/15): Monday 9/17
Week 2 (9/16 - 9/22): Monday 9/24
Week 3 (9/23 - 9/29): Monday 10/1
Week 4 (9/30 - 10/6): Monday 10/8
Week 5 (10/7 - 10/13): Monday 10/15
Week 6 (10/14 - 10/20): Monday 10/22
Week 7 (10/21 - 10/27): Monday 10/29
Week 8 (10/28 - 11/3): Monday 11/5
Week 9 (11/4 - 11/10): Monday 11/12
Week 10 (11/11 - 11/17): Monday 11/19
Week 11 (11/18 - 11/24): Monday 11/26
Week 12 (11/25 - 12/1): Monday 12/3

You can copy these formats from here and post it in your teams weigh in thread. You edit your post each week by clicking the edit button on the lower right hand corner of your post and then add your weight for that week then press save.

Q: What is the cutoff time to weigh in?
A: The cutoff time is every Monday following the week of the weigh in and all weights must be recorded on your weigh in post by 11:59 pm EST. After 11:59 pm the team leaders will review the weights and attempt to contact you for a final time. If we don't hear from you we'll have to take action. This does not apply to the week of September 2nd to September 8th.

Q: What holidays are going to be occurring during this challenge?
A: I checked my calendar and from what I can tell these are it:
Starting Weigh In Week - Labor Day - September 3rd
Week 10 - Veteran's Day - November 11th & 12th
Week 11 - Thanksgiving - November 22nd

Q: I notice we are playing during sometime that I'm taking vacation. What can I do to keep from being removed?
A: If for some reason you are taking vacation and are unable to weigh in, you need to let your team leader know ASAP. You have the option to either weigh in early, or you can use a freebie week.

Q: What's a "freebie week"?
A: Freebie weeks are weeks were you either you can't get to the computer or something has come up that you can't weigh in. You have 2 of these for the entire 12 weeks of the challenge. So for instance if you can't weigh in, the leaders use your last weigh in as your weight for the week you miss. Once you use both freebie weeks, and you don't weigh in, you'll be removed from the team.

Q: I noticed in past challenges people had to sit out. Are we doing that this challenge?
A: No we will not. Everyone is participating and everyone is getting counted this time. This is true even if the two teams are uneven.

Q: I noticed there are a lot of side challenges to participate in. Is it required?
A: None of the side challenges are required, but it's incouraged that you participate to help out your team.

I'll add to this list as more questions come in. Hope this helps out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120910
Old 10-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #369  
Takin' charge of my life!

Hey Girls! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!! I am super duper sore in my legs from my workout the other night. I don't think I have ever done as many lunges as I did on Tuesday night. Wow it hurts to even sit!

TOM is on the horizon so hopefully the next weighin I will be less the bloated weight. I've been working my off but don't see much change in the gut area thanks to the bloatedness

One thought for the black team weigh in thread...Delete any post that is not your weightloss post, it will greatly shorten the thread. All you need to do is click on Edit in your post, then Delete, then the button infront of Delete Message, then the Delete This Message button....

Diva, thank you for finding the Q&A and posting it here. That will hopefully answer a lot of questions...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
Hey Girls! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!! I am super duper sore in my legs from my workout the other night. I don't think I have ever done as many lunges as I did on Tuesday night. Wow it hurts to even sit!

TOM is on the horizon so hopefully the next weighin I will be less the bloated weight. I've been working my off but don't see much change in the gut area thanks to the bloatedness

One thought for the black team weigh in thread...Delete any post that is not your weightloss post, it will greatly shorten the thread. All you need to do is click on Edit in your post, then Delete, then the button infront of Delete Message, then the Delete This Message button....

Diva, thank you for finding the Q&A and posting it here. That will hopefully answer a lot of questions...
Lunges.... are.... the.... devil! On TBL DVD, I swear that's all they do.... lunge here, a lunge there, here a lunge, there a lunge, everywhere a lunge....E-I-E-I-O!

I think the Bloat is starting on me too... TOM is "supposed" to be here Monday.... we shall see though. I hate it!!!!

Yes... great idea about the deleting any post that is not your weigh-in (obviously we can't delete the posts of people who haven't even weighed-in since week 1, but you can help to clean up the thread by deleting any posts you made in there that isn't your weigh-in post....

And yes, Diva, thanks for posting that!!

*DISCLAIMER*Again, that's not me trying to be a leader or take anyones position, step on toes, etc.***

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-04-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #371  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is well this Thursday morning/afternoon. I am just sitting down to finish my geography homework, but I thought I'd check in with my team first...so here I am!
I am still bloated from TOM, but not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully it will continue to improve, because I HATE this feeling. I am, however, still working out and eating right, despite feeling like a balloon.
The house is a mess (my son...bless his heart, he is a monster, lol!), so after homework, I'll be cleaning. I know, you're all jealous...I have a glamorous, glamorous life....yeah, RIGHT!
I'll check in later! Don't forget to post your exercise minutes in our flight challenge!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #372  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Yikes, I obviously missed the issue that triggered the dispute, but I hope it has been resolved. I may not be able to post as often as I would like, but I the motivation I get from this Black Team is PRICELESS! EVERYONE is so kind & positive, it really makes me want to keep at it & not give up. Which is exactly the purpose, right? I think the important thing is that we ALL want to be on the Black team & continue to motivate & support one another. Not to mention, AF FINALLY left, so I will have a GOOD loss on MONDAY!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitymom View Post
Not to mention, AF FINALLY left, so I will have a GOOD loss on MONDAY!
Hey, ANYTIME AF or TOM leaves for the month is a time for celebration!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #374  

Just a quick note to let you know that as of 2:13 Central Time, we are AHEAD of the BLUE TEAM on the Flight to Weight Loss to Freedom Challenge!!! C'mon ladies!!!! Get those exercise numbers in there!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-04-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #375  
Takin' charge of my life!

let's go ladies! That is awesome that we are back ahead of the blue team. Don't think i will be exercising tonight...I donated blood today at work for the Red Cross and I got pretty beat up...first time ever that they stuck me and didn't get the vein...it took 2 more people to try to get it and finally hit. I am at work now with an ice pack on my arm but am still feeling woozy. I might have to take this as a rest day...