Old 09-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #286  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh wow...he said he's moving in with another woman, and thought you would be cool with that? Expected you to believe that she is JUST a friend? Ha. Glad you're smart enough to see through that. Sorry you're going through this, hang in there girlie!
And I'm proud of you for not turning to FOOD for support.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #287  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
After a big breakup I always have the urge to make a big change, so let me add one piece of off-the-wall advice. Don't cut all your hair off, dye your hair any color found in a Crayola crayon box, tattoo anything, pierce anything, drastically change clothing styles, convert to a new faith, sleep with your boss, sleep with some stranger, etc**. You'll only regret it later and it won't make him feel bad/mad/sad, etc.

** Not that I've done any of these things. Really! And if you do these things make sure there are NO PICTURES!
This is great advice for whenever ANYTHING major happens!! Love it!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #288  
Red Team Member

Hey team! I love this site so much. It really keeps me motivated, and so for that reason, I think I'm a lifer here, lol.
Today is going well! Eating is good, and I worked out for an hour.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Food sucked today, but I did exercise for 39 minutes. I did 7 miles on the exercise bike and 150 curls on each arm, and 50 reverse tricep extensions on each arm. I got a new scale today too. Im anxious to see what they say tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a really great challenge going on for the black team -Black Team - Challenge for week 3 - "I CHALLENGE YOU. Its a really wonderful idea so everyone go check it out!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
Southern_sweetheart - I googled "how many calories do you burn painting?" and it came up with this neat site from Fitday. It asks for weight, height, age (which means it's probably more accurate than just a guess) so you'll have to fill it in to get the info you need.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/burned/...emodeling.html
Thanks so much!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #292  

Valentine Bride- I think men losin' their freakin' minds is in the water lately. Girl, if you want to talk I am definatly here and ready to think about somebody elses drama other than my own!

Dixie Dieter- I love, love, love this advice! TOO FUNNY!

Y'all keep me going with you support!

Go Black Team!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #293  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Roasted Vegetables

Stacie - I saw that you made a post in the cooking forum asking how you make roasted vegetables. I tried this recipe on Sunday. It was so easy (except for all the time spent chopping) and it turned out really good. It makes a big pan and they re-warm well. To reheat just nuke them a minute at first, check them and if needed nuke again 30 seconds at a time just until they are warm (you don't want to over heat them too much). A simple recipe, makes a huge batch and so very good for you. You can use whatever vegetables appeal to you. the majority of points in this recipe are due to the olive oil BUT it's a good fat which you should work into your plan anyway. You can try to skinny it up with just using cooking spray but I'm not sure if the vegetables will come out too dry. Enjoy.

Roasted Vegetables
2 WW POINTSŪ per serving. Makes approx 10 servings

Ingredients
1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped in chunks or half rounds
1 medium red onion(s), cut in 8ths
1 medium zucchini, chopped in chunks/half rounds
2 medium potato(es), cut in chunks
3 medium carrot(s), cut in chunks
1 large sweet red bell pepper(s), cut in chunks
1 medium orange bell pepper, cut in chunks
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut in chunks
1 cup asparagus, cut in half (break off the woody ends and discard)
1 cup mushroom(s)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 clove garlic clove(s), optional - chopped in chunks

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Take a bit of the olive oil and spread it on a large roasting pan.

2. To speed cooking time you can nuke the potatos and carrots to partially pre-cook. Cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a microwave safe dish. Rinse with water leaving just a bit extra in the bowl for steaming. Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes. Toss in large mixing bowl. Do the same with the carrot chunks but cook for 2 minutes for medium thickness carrots, 3 minutes for large, thick carrots. Toss in bowl with potatoes. Toss in the raw red onion chunks. We're going to cook the root vegetables first because they take longer to bake. Drizzle a bit of the olive oil into the bowl with the vegetables. Add chopped fresh garlic . Add salt & pepper to taste as well as parsley and a few drops of the balsamic vinegar. Mix well and put into roasting pan. Bake in 450 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. De-seed the peppers, chop up the peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow summer squash. Toss in mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, drizzled olive oil (just to coat vegetables) and parsley. Add to roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes. Give the pan a good stir so that the vegetables don't stick to the bottom.

4. Asparagus cooks up fairly quickly. If using this add it to the roasting pan for the last 10 minutes of cooking.

5. You can also experiment with other seasonings but I like the taste of just the fresh vegetables with only salt and pepper.

Total roasting time - 1 hour or until vegetables cooked through. The vegetables come out delicious and very flavorful. Lots of colors so this is pretty too. This makes a HUGE batch so you'll have lots of leftovers for the week.

Seal the leftovers in an airtight container as soon as they cool down out of the oven as they have a tendency to start to shrivel up if they sit out for too long.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #294  
Red Team Member

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well today. Homework is stressing me out, so I'm taking a break from it to check in with my fellow Black Team members.

I'm doing well. Got my exercise in this morning (and posted it in the challenge just now), but I did have one minor food slip up. I had....1/2 of a poptart. So now I'll have to work that into my calories. I know it's not a big deal, but I feel bad about it, lol.

I'll check in later!

Last edited by Cassie501107; 09-26-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #295  

I was wanting a poptart so bad this weekend, but I didn't have the points (I do WW) but I think as long as you work it into your daily calories you can eat anything you want because if you're anything like me and you deprive yourself you'll just end up eating too much of whatever you want later instead of a little now.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #296  
Red Team Member

Yep, that's me too! I have to have a little, or I'll binge around midnight or so. *sigh*
Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I went over on my calories again today. I cant wait til AF is gone. She is making me CRAZY. I did 7 miles on the exercise bike though.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #298  

Thanks for the recipe happy2bme! When I have time to go to whole foods, Im going to pick out the veggies there so I can try this.

Just an update to everyone, if youre weight wasnt posted, you got dropped from the team. Im going to post a list of all the curent members I have and if for some reason you posted, and youre name isnt there please PM me.
Staicec878
Cassie501107
ValentineBride
Dixiedieter
Minty Fresh
Amberlise
GeorgiePorgie
Baileysmomma
CountingDown
Angielynne
Gretchy
BerkshireGrl
happy2bme
Cashmere12
Jen
LesliesMom
hrbabe
wanna b thin
HeatherMc
One Fluffy Chick
Val424
Nicoyaangel
Andi18
Amy0505
southern sweetheart
10Again
realitymom
Puncezilla
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #299  

I have a dilemma tomm. with pizza. Where having pizza tomm at school and I already sayed thanks but no thanks. But now its getting kinda weird. And I dont want to be the only one sitting there not eating, and people thinking well **** youre already fat once slice isnt going to kill you. So I need to find something else to eat. My calories have been on the high range of my calories for the last couple of days so tomm. was supposed to be a low calorie day for me.

My options to get something to eat is basically wendys. I dont like there salads and chili. So im not sre what to get. I can alsso probaly stop at chick-fil-a (time permitting). So what are some healthy choices that arent to high in calories.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:55 AM   #300  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
I have a dilemma tomm. with pizza.
Quote:
My options to get something to eat is basically wendys. I dont like there salads and chili. So im not sre what to get. I can alsso probaly stop at chick-fil-a (time permitting). So what are some healthy choices that arent to high in calories.
Stacie:
is taking a lunch with you not an option? If you can't bring it with you . . .

you can eat the pizza topping only. Leave the crust behind and choose cheese, veggie or Hawaiian pizza if those are options. This way, it'll be less carbs without the crust, and less fat and sodium if you don't get sausage or bacon or any other meat besides grilled chicken or ham.

I also read online somewhere about creative things to do with fast food. From Wendy's, you could get the Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich and a baked potato with just broccoli (no cheese sauce). Get rid of the bun, and eat the chicken, lettuce and tomato with the potato and broccoli.
740 cals; 6g fat; 132g carbs; 17g fiber; 41g protein

By the way, Wendys.com will let you customize a meal and show you the nutrition info.

Hope this helps.