Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
let's go ladies! That is awesome that we are back ahead of the blue team. Don't think i will be exercising tonight...I donated blood today at work for the Red Cross and I got pretty beat up...first time ever that they stuck me and didn't get the vein...it took 2 more people to try to get it and finally hit. I am at work now with an ice pack on my arm but am still feeling woozy. I might have to take this as a rest day...

ouch! I'm sure in some book somewhere that donating blood is exercise. I always tense up my muscles when I would get pricked (or poked, or stabbed). When I was in labor with our youngest, it took the nurse 4 tries in 2 different places in one arm! Then, her supervisor came in and had to try on the other arm... in 2 different spots to get the IV in. First that and then I had labor to look forward to! lol. Nurses can typically find my veins in one poke. No clue what happened with that but it was painful! Nevertheless - hope your arm gets to feeling better!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #377  

Height: 5'9"

Well, good for you to donate, Andi!!! I used to donate as often as humanly possible before my blood clot. Now I'm on the no-no list because I'm taking blood thinner. Boooo.

I know how you feel with the pricking, though. I was in the hospital for a week in June when I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my brain. They were giving me blood thinner through what I swear is my ONLY good vein in my right arm. They had to constantly monitor my blood thinness level so they drew blood every 3 - 4 hours. They tried taking it out my hands, my wrists, my arms. . . They would poke me 4 -5 times each time before they got the blood they needed. When I left the hospital my entire right wrist and left arm were black from bruises. I also had patchy bruises on the rest of my arms/hands/wrists. It was TERRIBLE. I guess some of us were just born with tiny veins.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #378  
Takin' charge of my life!

Thank you LondonJulz & Amberelise! So sorry to hear about your situations Guess there is always a chance were a prick will go wrong. Hope everything is okay now Amberelise.

It sure would be nice if donating counted towards exercise! I was beat when I got home last night, I pretty much just crashed, doesn't help that TOM also decided to come on full force

So now I am hoping the chocolate cravings stay away, they should as I usually start to get them the week before shows up...

I am so glad today is Friday, but this weekend is not going to be fun as my son decided to lie about how far he was in his book that he has to read and do a book report and project on for Monday. He was so lucky I was out of it last night... His book is 120 pages long (he's in 3rd grade) and he told me he had 10 pages left when in actuality he had 55 pages left. It's still doable but it would've been so much easier had he not lied to me. He is being good birth control right now for me!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #379  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
He is being good birth control right now for me!

Well, the PMS Bloat is here *hooray!* So, I lost 1 whole pound this week (I know that the bloat is here, because I've worked so hard this week, not gone over my WW points, not eaten past 8:00, etc.... and the scale is reading the same number it did on Monday.... 212). However, it excites me for a few reasons....
1) I'm out of the 2-TEENS!!!!! (Hasta la vista, don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out!)
B) All the work I put in this past week, along with the work I put in this coming week will be great on my next weigh-in, TOM should arrive on Monday and "the bloat" should subside around Wednesday or Thursday.....
3). One pound lost is STILL a pound lost!

So, here's to this week!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #380  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here in SouthEast Ohio & I plan to be out a lot soaking up the sunshine!

The 1st time I had my blood drawn (for a job interview), they ended up using the vein in the top of my hand (AFTER both arms had been poked repeatedly,,,OUCH! My arms looked as though I had been beaten!) So, a few years later, when I had to get my pregnancy blood draws, I warned the nurse that my hand had to be used the last time. She looked at me incredulous & asked, "They couldn't use THIS vein?!" referring to my HUGE vein in my right arm. I replied No. She proceeded to USE the vein in my arm & managed to do it without a spec of pain & she didn't bruise me!! I loved her! lol It definately depends on the person doing the poking!
Been struggling BADLY with exercise. I simply cannot get motivated to walk in place. I have been playing outside with the girls & getting active around the house. But I really need to walk in place when I take the time to watch a tv show. I will work harder at that. Eating is going OK. Staying within my calories, but those Halloween snack candies could do a woman in if she isnt careful! Gotta keep control of myself!
I did sneak a peek at the scale, just for curiousity sake & I saw 291!! I shouted WOOOHOOOO & am glad I snuck a peek. Perhaps, a lil more exercise & plenty of water can allow me to LEAVE the 290's FOREVER on Monday!! (man, that would be sooooo awesome)

Time to get my oldest from the busstop, hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Hey all!! Glad to see this place in a better mood.

Yesterday I weighed in and I was back to 264 (where I was before the weekend). So I have lost that 3 lbs this week. This morning I was 263.2!! WOO HOO! I had a mini goal to be 259 by Oct 9, but I dont think its gonna happen after my weekend slip up. If I hadnt fell off the wagon and had to lose those 3 lbs again I may have made it, but Im still working hard.. so maybe Ill be close.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #382  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

That's great, Alana Jo, I know you were upset about your temporary gain, but I'm proud of you for getting right back on track!

I'm afraid the news isn't so great here. TOM is here, and I am still bloated, and it's depressing me. It's day 3 or 4 of bleeding, and the scale is up to 239.5. Is that normal for it to stay up like this? I'm on-plan and working out like a fiend...what's the deal?!

I hope it's better by Monday, but I'm not really expecting a loss. I HATE this time of the month. It's got me all depressed/stressed.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #383  

Hello Black Team!

I asked Chellez to email me the Excel Spreadsheet that she uses for the Blue Teams weigh-ins so I could put in the first 3 weeks worth of weigh-ins from the Black Team to see where we were at. It's a pretty nifty spreadsheet (thank you again, Chellez!). Anyway - for anyone who was wondering (as I was), our total weight loss percentage for week 3 was .38%

I'm not trying to step in as any kind of a team leader at all. It's just that until we know what Stacie is doing - I thought we should be prepared for this coming weeks weigh-in so we don't all jumble around at the last minute trying to figure out what's what and who's where and what's going on etc. etc. I don't mind keeping up with it in the mean time.... however if anyone has any issues with me keeping up with it, I will gladly e-mail the updated spreadsheet to whomever the team sees fit or whomever the team decides. It's no big deal at ALL! (I promise!) I'm just not extremely busy during the day (especially in the mornings before the kids wake up, the afternoons when they go down for nap, and evenings when they go to bed), so I just thought I'd take the bull by the horns and organize the weigh-in sheet and get it ready for this Monday.

Again, I don't want this to cause any kind of problems. I never intended for problems to be caused in the first place. I just hope we can all move on as a team.... kick butt in the weigh-ins (even though we aren't "technically" in the running for the "Biggest Loser" with the Red & Blue team...we can still feel mighty proud WHEN we beat them at weigh-ins) and continue to be a valuable source of pick-me-ups, positiveness, and "kick-in-the-butts" to each other!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #384  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Thanks Julz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
I asked Chellez to email me the Excel Spreadsheet that she uses for the Blue Teams weigh-ins so I could put in the first 3 weeks worth of weigh-ins from the Black Team to see where we were at...
Thank you Julz!

That's great to hear... and very nice of you to do. I will happily place my results in your hands!

I've noticed that our Stacie has been to the site recently but I have not seen follow-ups from her... So I think it is great that you took the reins, even if only temporarily. It is appreciated! :

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 10-05-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #385  

Guess who came to see me early!?!? Yes, everybody's favorite visitor.... TOM My cycles have yet to be normal. The mycycle.com place where I keep track re-adjusts future "cycles" based on my past and current "period activity". Since November of last year.... here's exactly how many days long each of my cycles have been up to today: 28, 27, 28, 32, 27, 30, 26, 29, 28, 32, 26. Yes.... they call me Miss Predictable! HA! I knew I was feeling awfully irritable today and my hormones were causing me anxiety attacks all day.... this is why.... TOM was knockin'!

Hope you all are having wonderful evenings... I'm off to Wal-Mart to see why my dumbells I bought 2 days ago didn't make it home with me!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-05-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #386  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
Guess who came to see me early!?!? Yes, everybody's favorite visitor.... TOM My cycles have yet to be normal. The mycycle.com place where I keep track re-adjusts future "cycles" based on my past and current "period activity". Since November of last year.... here's exactly how many days long each of my cycles have been up to today: 28, 27, 28, 32, 27, 30, 26, 29, 28, 32, 26. Yes.... they call me Miss Predictable! HA! I knew I was feeling awfully irritable today and my hormones were causing me anxiety attacks all day.... this is why.... TOM was knockin'!

Hope you all are having wonderful evenings... I'm off to Wal-Mart to see why my dumbells I bought 2 days ago didn't make it home with me!
I can totally relate to you! TOM visited me yesterday... My cycle list from fertilityfriend also keeps the length of previous cycles...from November of 06 to current: 29, 47, 34, 31, 32, 33, 76, 48 Nice range huh?! the 76er really stunk as I was studying for my Series 7 and 63 Stock Broker license exams. Had my yearly exam after that cycle and it was determined I missed a cycle cause of the stress So I'll join ya on the Miss Predictable factor! Hope TOM doesn't visit you for very long! Stupid TOM

Last edited by Andi18; 10-05-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forgot the word "exam"
Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

Well, Im up 1.8. I suck so bad, Im mad at myself. The drama in my life is making me want to eat and eat I have.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #388  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Awww, don't be so hard on yourself SS! This is a lifestyle thing, which is great, cause a lil lapse doesn't mean the end all. Just start fresh today! 1.8 really isn't all that much, shoot, you could pee it all out if ya drink enough water! Just think of the pounds that you HAVE lost!! You can do this, whether the drama in your life likes it or not! Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I am off to grocery shop!

Last edited by realitymom; 10-06-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I am a typo queen, what can I say?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #389  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Casey, calm down and get right back on that wagon, girlie! I understand though, I get so mad at myself when I slip up..but we're human, and it happens.
I think my bloating my be going down...we'll seeeee!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

LondonJulz,
Go ahead and do what you do. I wont be participating in 3FC nemore. For those of you who welcomed me, Thank you and I hope you all meet your goals. For the others well I dont really have anything nice to say to you all so I wont say anything at all.