Old 05-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

No problem chellez. We have some womderful resources here might as well use them (cheeper than a personal trainer)lol
Old 05-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Chell, I would advise Lat pulldowns. That's where you sit on the bench and use the overhead bar to pull down to your chest. I think those have made the most difference in making my bra loose, so it's great working right around the bra line which is probably what you need to give you just an inch or so in the back so it doesn't bunch.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #423  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosewell View Post
Hi, it's me checking in.

Well...I have to hand it to whoever works nights in our group. Last week I worked my full 40 hour week PLUS I worked 3 nights on an audit. I ended up sleeping a few hours any time I got tired. My appetite was way down, and as a result I mostly ate cereal. And on the scale? I put back on most of the weight I lost.

Further proof, to lose weight you have to eat regularly and sleep regularly and ENOUGH!

So, for the next two weeks I'll be in the field, but fortunately I'm traveling with another walker/runner, so we'll be moving together and eating right. I won't be here much, so I wish you all a good week. Sleep! Eat! BA
i work 3 or 4 twelve hour nights consecutively.. and it does make weight loss harder... sometimes it frustrates me to no end.. but what can i do?? just keep plugging along and hope for the best i guess.. sigh
Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #424  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Well I looked at the weigh in thread around 10 and it doesn't look like too many people have to use freebie weeks which is good.

Some of us gained this week but thats ok. Its a holiday weekend for us US folks so its understandable. Just means we have to work harder next week!

I'll have results posted in the morning!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #425  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning beautiful Blue teamies!

I think I did pretty good over this holiday weekend, I managed to be more active than ever, did LOTS of walking and managed to drop another pound, but I'll stick with the 2 I posted on the weigh-in thread. I got anew bike this weekend so I am slowly building up my strength and endurance on that. We live in the mountains and I have asthma, so I have to start slowly. Oh and it's Pink! hehe I also got me one of them Exercise Balls and a couple of DVD's to go with that. I'm gonna lift today (full body) and do a 45 minute abs DVD on the ball, then get on my bike for a few.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Emily, what Bootcamp were you doing? Was it at a GYM or a DVD? I have the Billy Blanks Bootcamp and I love it.

Hope we all have a good week! keep on moving, drinking the water, and clean eating. Hugs.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #426  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! I haven't been around for a few days.....my husband took Friday and today off so its been like a little vaction for us. Today though him and the kids are going out fishing so it's just me and the little man today. I have good news....I got my baby potty trained and I got my daughter riding her bike without her training wheels all within a few days of each other. My son was by far the easiest to potty train out of the 3 kids. I told my husband I refuse to buy one more case of diapers and he just took to it so good. I am not a very patient person so that was good. My daughter we took off her training wheels and I was ready to walk beside her and and hold onto her and she just took off down the sidewalk. I was chasing after her screaming wait wait but she just kept going and hasn't stopped since! Well this weekend was full of parties and food and my period finally came so feeling really bloated and yucky this morning. Last night I dragged my husband on a walk at like 10:00, and he was moaning the whole time for me to slow down. I am a really fast walker in the first place and I was out for cardio last night not just a little stroll around the park. It just surprised me I guess because his legs are like twice mine in length so I thought he would have no problem. Anyway back to regular exercise, water and healthy eating. Tonight we pulled out chicken for dinner and just going to have a nice salad and cottage cheese with it. I am hoping this weeks weigh-in will show a loss but I may wait until Sat. or Sunday to make sure TOM is gone for good! Well I am off to get this day going! Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #427  
Red Team Member

Crap I totally forgot about your dress Chellez! I think you look FANTASTIC in it. You have a nice little curvy body with a waist to die for so show it off and be proud. You still have a little time before the wedding though don't you? If you still want to keep losing go for it but know that you look wonderful right now as it is and with your proper undergarments, which believe me make a world of difference, you will see the dress will fit and lay nicer on you. It is a beautiful dress though and it looks great on you. Enjoy your day and be prepared for Daniels mouth to drop when you walk down the aisle. It is so fun to see how surprised they are when they see you in your dress. Enjoy your day and like I said before just live in the moment let everything else happen as it will!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

This morning I was 132 so i hope to be still down this pound next weight in....
Old 05-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #429  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls...I had a crazy weekend, busy-wise, and even though I didn't hang out at a BBQ and drink all weekend, I still wound up putting on a couple of pounds. I'll work to get those off (and then some) this week, but wanted to give you a heads up in case I show a gain next time. *sigh* Bleh, why can't I just keep the scale going DOWNWARD? Hah!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #430  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday!
I finally got the Omron pedometer - and I LOVE it!! It's very cool.
Very motivational to keep you moving- I managed to do a 4 mile walk this morning with my 9 month old. So far today I've clocked 13,076 steps. I should get back with the program in terms of tracking miles for challenges!

I've got to get on that darn strength training - not sure why I'm stalling on it!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #431  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well it's another HOT one here today! I got in a nice walk yesterday evening and I am waiting a few days to do my strength training yet! I have my period and lifting weights makes it twice as bad! I am missing my weights though and hopefully by tommorow I can do some light weights! Tonight will be another walk when my husband gets home! I am so happy we have enough chicken leftover for dinner tonight so no cooking for me! I am feeling much more in control and my funk feels like it has lifted! I really do have to talk to my doctor about the severity of my PMS. I don't think its normal and think I may need medicine for it! I don't have much going on today just some picking up and maybe a little reading. Well ladies you all have a fantastic day!

Jen- Great job on the loss! Your soooo close to your goal!

hdsqrl- This weekend was crazy for alot of us I'm sure so don't worry about it and just get back on it this week!

SassyKay- I would be really curious to see how many steps I take a day! I may have to look into a pedometer!

Diva- I love my bike! It is so much fun and I feel like a kid when I ride it! Enjoy yours! I love Billy Blank videos! I have the bootcamp one and love it! That man does not play around....I always feel strong after doing on of his videos!

Okay I am off to start my day! Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #432  
budding cinephile

Yay! A free moment in my day to finally get some catching up done!

Things have been so hectic with work and school. I'm really scared I'm going to struggle this term because not only do I have my first accounting class but I have finance too! Technically I'm not supposed to take finance until after I had finished accounting 1 but I was approved for it and I did ask for it. I did find out my schedule for next term that starts in mid June. So I'll be taking accounting 2 next term and principles of advertising. Guess we'll find out how good I'm doing this week because I have tests in both classes.

But enough about work stuff.... wedding stuff! That's what we want! First off thank you for all of the comments on my dress! The wedding planning kind of gets put on the back burner alot and it's like now more than ever I need to be focusing on that. I need to get my invitations addressed and ready to be sent out on the 18th. I did call David's Bridal yesterday and told them I'd be coming in for my first fitting on July 15th. So that give me a solid month and a half to push it push it push it. Hopefully I'll get to my 10% goal by then. I only have about 9 pounds to go... so I can do it!

I have not one but two showers to attend this weekend! That's just for my family in Richmond! My mom says about 16 people are coming to the dinner shower we are having Saturday night, then about 15 are coming to the breakfast shower we are having Sunday morning. Needless to say my little sports car might be full of goodies come Sunday afternoon! I'm very excited. I keep peeking at my online registries to see what's been fulfilled and what hasn't. I can't help it! I know we are already getting some nice silverware and dish towels! I think I got so used to just looking at it periodically when it was months away that its habit now to just look all the time.

Look at us just plugging along on the exercise challenge! We are doing so well so be on our way to Williamsburg already. I posted it in the exercise thread but I'll post it again here. I have pictures of Williamsburg and Yorktown if you want me to I can post them so you can see what it really looks like around here. Just let me know!

Alrighty... time for personals!

Veggie - Don't feel like you're being a bad team mate. Just jump back on the horse when you're ready! We'll be here waiting!

Choosie - I have a rough time with going to school at night after working all day. I wouldn't say my appetite goes down, I just have a really big issue with timing my meals since I never know when we'll get a break in class or when or if we will let out early. I tried packing a smart ones dinner but our breaks are only like 15 minutes so I feel like I have to shovel the food in my mouth instead of enjoying dinner. As far as sleep, I sometimes get about 7 to 9 hours if I goto bed at a decent hour. On weekends it gets a little mixed up cause I stay up late at night then sleep in late in the morning. Needless to say its a nice refresher!

Tina - I have the same problem with walking with Daniel... he just cries that he's not out there walking for a triathalon and says he's going inside, or he'll take shortcuts, or he'll just say he's not walking that far. What a baby! So I just find it easier when I do exercise that I do it alone.

Well I need to get studying for my accounting test tonight.... let's work on getting those scales moving in the right direction this week!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #433  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! It looks like another warm day here today. It is really hazy and humid here. Today I don't have much going on in the way of running around. I do have to take my youngest to speech this evening but other then that nothing. I am going to do some laundry today and clean my bathrooms....FUN I know! I was talking to my aunt yesterday and telling her how nice it will be in September when all my kids are in school....the two little ones will only be there for 3 1/2 hours but still that is going to feel like a little bit of heaven each day for me. I was laughing though because she was saying I am going to be one of those moms who is crying when the kids get on the school bus the first day and I was like yeah tears of JOY!!!! I love my kids to death but to have a few hours of peace each day and to be able to get stuff done without interruptions is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!! Listen to me school isn't even out yet for summer and I'm thinking of sending them off already. I am excited for break and not having to be on such a strict schedule with the kids. I know the kids are excited and I am hoping to have a nice summer filled with fun things to do. We are not going on a vaction, but we do alot of weekend getaways with them and day trips so I hope they have fun. I am so proud of myself I have gotten back into the groove with my exercise and eating is going way better....not perfect but better! It feels so good to get out and move my body again though. I need to keep in mind how good I feel when I exercise when I don't feel like doing it. Well I am off to start my laundry and get those bathrooms cleaned. Have a great day ladies!
Ps......TOMMOROW IS FRIDAY!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #434  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing?

chellez - love your dress - you're going to look stunning.

It's hot here as well, and I'm loving it. Talk to me in a month or so if this keeps up. I may have a different opinion then! LOL.

I've been halfheartedly counting points for at least the last month. Yesterday, I started counting again and will continue to do so. Hopefully, that will enable me to have better losses.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #435  
budding cinephile

Jenny - I've kind of been on that kick too of barely counting. I lost last week but I think I may have gained some of it back this week so it'll catch up with me. I plan on exercising tonight, tomorrow and early saturday no matter what so I can have a good weigh in on Saturday morning!