Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #391  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I have kind of a silly question. I know that if you start doing weight training, that it's normal to see a slight weight gain at first as you're making muscles. But what about walking, especially up hills? I've made a pact with a new walking buddy to meet her every morning (unless it's raining) and we do three miles around the neighborhood, which includes various hills. I'm starting to feel like my thighs are stronger already, and it made me wonder if that would possibly show up as a gain initially. Anyone know?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

My scale stalls when I build any muscle. i think that may be why I am hovering between 134-135. I have uped my weights and started skiing so I am building up my muscles again.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies - just popping in to say WAY TO GO Blue team on this week's results!

Hdsqrl, I think any activity that builds muscle can temporarily slow your weight loss, since muscle weighs more than fat. But it looks so much better!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 AM   #394  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Morning. The man and I both have some sort of Flu-like thing going on. We both had temp's last night and feel like poop. Can barely eat right now. So much for getting back to the Pool this week. Hopefully this will clear out and I can get back on the exercise track next week. ....sigh....
Old 05-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #395  

my DD3 is not feeling well also she barely slept (she joined me last night which she never does) she barely ate breakfast and didn't want snack which is extremely odd for her. I hope she feels better soon. we were going to go out for supper but I may jave to postpone it until she is feeling better.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #396  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Just stopping by to say HI! How have you all been doing? Things have been crazy here this week! It just seems like everyday there is somewhere to run to! Today after I pick my little guy up from school we are going to go to the park for a bit, and then when I get home I have some picking up to do! I am having Memorial Day this weekend so I have to get the house in order and I find doing a little each day makes it much easier for me! Well eating has not been so good over here! I am still waiting for my period to come and I hope that is the reason for the insanity but I don't know! I just feel so out of control with it and I don't know what to do. I have made it to the gym twice this week and tonight I am walking with my SIL. I just have to get this dang eating under control and I will be good! I don't know if I have a promblem or what but this doesn't seem normal to me anymore and it really upsets me! I feel like crap while I'm doing it but can't seem to stop and then I really feel like crap once its over and I am sitting there sick to my stomach! I don't know it may be time to get some professional help for this. It just seems really embaressing to me! They ask what's the problem and I say I can't stop eating.....it just seems like that should be something I can control you know? Anyway I am off to take my shower and pray to God my period comes today before I loose my mind! Hope you all have a great day and hey it's Wednesday already YAY!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #397  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

Hey all,

I had to post this, 'cause I don't know if I'll go back up before official weigh in day, heh. This morning my at home scale showed me at 173, and I just got back from my official weigh in at my center and they showed me at 174 (dressed and after having eaten). Two new lows for me!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #398  
ericsmommy

Hi all Tina I am sorry to hear your having problems with eatting, hopefully your Aunt Flo shows up so you can relax.

Hdsqrl congrads on the new weight l know how excitting it is to see on the scale.

Everyone else have a great day and keep up the good work,
Old 05-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

Hey guys.... I know I have been MIA recently.... I am very involved with my daughters school and tend to get really wrapped up this time of year

Im off to the lake today until Tues evening so I am fairly sure I wont be able to log my weight so I'll take a freebie this week but next week things are MUCH less hectic and I will be WAY more focused and ready to kick some butt!

have a great and safe memorial day everyone and congrats to all the losers last week. WAY TO GO BLUE!!!

Alisa
Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #400  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok Alisa, I'll mark it down in my handy dandy notebook!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA this week. If it reassures you, Your Fearless Leader Has Stayed On Plan! I started a new term this week and I have two classes plus and internship this time around and I don't think my body is used to it quite yet. I think Memorial Day is really going to throw me out of sync as well. Have no fear! i have a plan!

My dress made it to my mom's house yesterday so I'll be heading up there to try it on this weekend! I'll make sure to pack the camera this time!

Let's see.... what else?

Ok.... so how is everyone? I know its been quiet and I'm a part of that. Is everyone still staying on plan? Exercising? Drinking water? I have 2 things down but the time issue keeps me from exercising.

Well I have to run cause its almost time for finance class to start. I have to go pickup my 200 truffles for the wedding tomorrow so wish me luck that I don't sneek a few!

Hugs and kisses and Memorial Day Wishes!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #401  
budding cinephile

Morning Ladies!

I will be praying to the gods of weight watchers this weekend.... my truffles came in for the wedding! (they're lindt truffles in boxes just in case you're wondering.) So I'll have these 3 boxes tempting me from afar. I'll admit, I tried one of each flavor this morning to make sure they were kosher.

But no more!

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. I live smack dab in the middle of a heavy military area so I'm sure traffic is going to be horrible! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'm sure it's going to be off since my Aunt Flow decided to visit just in time for the holiday weekend... Then I'm off to try on my dress Sunday at my parents camper in Urbanna! I'll have pictures up Sunday I promise.

Even though it's a holiday weekend, we are still weighing in! If you forget... there's those freebie weeks but there's only 2 so use them wisely!

Be Safe and stay on plan this weekend!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #402  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hi all~
I've been trying to get here. Everytime I come to this board I get some Gateway timeout thing and it takes me elsewhere. It did let me post on the exercise board and that was it! Anyway I've been doing good with staying on plan with food, water and exercise. I've been weighing every morning and there has been small decreases all week. And that's going to help keep me on track this weekend. We've got a wedding tomorrow late afternoon and with the holiday and everyone being here, I'm hellbent on not messing up my progress for the week!!!!
Well I'm going to go do my walk before the rain comes. Have a fantastic Friday and a great holiday weekend. I'll check in later if the site will let me!!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #403  

well I toook it easy yesterday after 2 days of being on the go so I only got a little under 4 miles. I weighed 133 this morming but it is not my "official" weight. I have seen this 2 other times but I usually go right back up. It is also time for Aunt Flo to make her scheduled visit this wekend so I was surprised to see the scale go down. We will see come this weekend.

It is awfully quiet around here I hope everyone is out enjoying the weather.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #404  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

Morning, girls! I went ahead and posted my happy weight of 173 this morning, as I won't be online on Monday to see if I lost any more over the weekend. I'm glad that I've kept at this weight and not gone back up, at least. It's only .5 less than I posted last week, but between the two weights I'd bounced back up to 177, so technically, this is a weekly loss of 4 pounds, hah.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! Stay strong!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #405  
budding cinephile

I think everyone is on their way to vacation spots already!

If anyone hasn't left yet I will give you a nice bit of advice that may help you out:

Weigh in today!

Weighing in prior to a holiday (especially one that normally involves food) is gonig to be much better than waiting until Monday to see if you've lost or gained. (Cause most people have trouble with holidays and food!)

Lucky me... I get to weigh in tomorrow morning before any damage is done!