Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #346  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I walked twice this week over lunch and have dropped the gain I picked up over the weekend. Yay! Hopefully I can keep it off until weigh in day...have a lunch to go to tomorrow and then a couple gatherings over the weekend. Just need to be sure to plan, and I should be okay.

Hang in there, girls...!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

How'do ladies

I know I've been absent too much this week but this is a killer week for me.... I am in training to get my real estate license so my schedule has been training M-F 8am-4pm
all my daughters regularly scheduled activities
daughter has girl scout end of year celebration Friday night
friend has a going away party later that night
saturday is the test for my license
sunday I have a charitable trust meeting to attend
my daughters last day of school is next wed
we are leaving that day to go out of town for a week
I HAVE NOT TOUCHED MY HOUSE ALL WEEK
or worked out at all!!!! Im dying to squeeze that in where I can

so i know for some of you its just all in a days work but this is a HUGE change from my prior schedule and Im having a little hard time adjusting

so things are getting crazy here but NO WAY AM I SLOWING DOWN... my eating has been pretty good... no real mess ups I just havent worked out all week.....
Im hoping everyone is doin great and kickin butt and I will check in before I leave town..... im not sure if I will have internet access to weigh in or not so I dont want to rule it out just yet

well.... back to work

have a great day ladies
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #348  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good Morning ladies. I've been out of it for the past few days. I nearly killed myself with the walking and swimming on Monday and was WAY sore, or should I just say PAIN every since. I have barely been able to move, but I did stay on the calories plan and am doing well I supose. I feel better today and will prolly do some step aerobics today and tomorrow it's walking and swimming again, except this time, I'm only doing half of what I did Monday (as far as swimming goes). I can't get skinny in a day...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #349  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

OK, men are the livin' end! My hub and I married at nearly 40 and we had different eating habits, and often at dinner we eat two different meals. I finally got him to go to the doctor (made the appointment, told them what was wrong, made sure he got there), they did bloodwork and a sleep study and he gets the results of the bw and his chol is up 20 points or units or whatever.

So he says "What do you do for 'high' chol?"

Me: "it's probably about food and exer...let's look at your diet...uh...ham, bologna, fried chicken, white rice, Mrs. Baird's thin sliced white bread, Miracle whip, canned green beans and an occasional bout with brocolli. No good grains, no fiber, no fruit, no dairy. Oh, yeah and you drink real Sprite 44 oz at a time and you sit in that chair instead of working in the yard, bowling, walking the dogs or playing softball like you used to." (this is a synopsis, I was actually pretty nice because I recognized we could be at a pivotal moment) "Oh, yeah, and you skip breakfast and lunch and eat too much at dinner then go to bed."

Him: "I take the skin off the 5 thighs I eat at a time and you forgot I eat cheese and pickles and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and fish when you cook it."

Me: "uh huh."

Him: "Maybe I should try eating a little differently."

Cue the Heavenly ANGELS!!!!!

So, at Wal Mart we got smoked turkey, bread with "wheat" in the name (I know he'll quit if he goes to Whole Wheat immediately), healthy frozen meals for lunch, oatmeals to go, and diet Sprite to add to his real sprite to start weaning him away from the sugar.

Here's the kicker: Starting weight - Sunday morning - 237. Today's weight - 221. His belly is almost gone and he's been working in the yard all week and doing his old household care stuff. He's still in bed by 9p but it's after he's been active. So he's eating more and lost 16 pounds in a week!

That's my story for today. choosie.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #350  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

choosie - When I started back in December, DH lost at a quicker rate than I did for about two months. But, then his little morning trips to McDonald's and his occassional trip to Burger King for lunch must have caught up with him b/c he hasn't commented on how much weight he's lost in awhile. Men seem to lose so much quicker, but don't let that deter you from your own goals. I just kept plugging along, and here I am, nearly 60 pounds lighter.

stilllovecartoons - it's so hard when our lives are super busy. Good for you for at least staying on track with your food. Once you adjust to this new level of busy-ness you can then add some more time for exercise in there.

Today is my busy day! I'll be leaving here shortly and will be gone most of the day.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #351  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies! Well yesterday wasn't good and I am moving on right now from it! I did a good whole body strength training yesterday and I feel good. Do any of you do any of the Fit Tv workouts. I have tivo and I have a bunch taped but the ones I love the most are with a man named Kendell. He has a bootcamp one and then the whole body sculpt one that I like to do. There are a bunch of different exericse choices....belly dancing hip-hop dance (almost killed myself trying this one) step, bosu ball, slow robics etc. It is nice though for the days I can't get to the gym to just do something right in my living room and really get a good workout. I feel it today in my legs so I must of done something good yesterday! I am really struggling with my eating and I know its because my period is coming but still I have to control myself. I am taking it a meal at a time right now. Well today I have to take my little guy to speech and then home to grill our dinner! I have been wanting to go for a nice evening walk with my husband but its either been raining or freezing so far and tonight doesn't look promising, so I either have to hit the gym or do one of my videos! I may pull out Billy Blanks and do some kickboxing! I have been feeling really agitated lately so maybe that will help! Well I am off to feed the kids some lunch! Have a fantastic day ladies!

Stilllovecartoons- Good luck on your relators exam! You have a busy few weeks coming up girl! Try and take a little quiet time for yourself! Have a good one hun!

Choosewell- 16 pounds in one week....I hate men!!!! I am glad though that he is making healthier choices and its so much easier if he is doing this along with you! Your doing great though yourself so be proud of yourself also!

Diva- Still sore huh? That swimming did you in! I am an awful swimmer....I would be lucky to make it across the pool once so hats off to you for doing it what 30 something times! Your kicking butt though with your exercise Keep up the good work!

Ladies have a fantastic Thursday! it's almost FRIDAY!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Choosewell~ I completly understand where you are coming from i exercise, exercise and exercise and eat well - the hubby doesn't exercise (outside of work) eats what he wants when he wants ,rarely breakfast( unless I cook him eggs), no lunch if so he eats out and then supper and snacks all night and I mean really late and you can barely pinch and inch on this man (although I would hate to see him insides)

stilllovecartoons ~ good luck on your exam

Tina~ I wish I had fit TV it sounds like a great channel to have!

It is pouring heer. This morning we had snow....yes I said snow...on the ground. I WANT TO GO OUT!!!! I hope the rain stops on Saturday like it says it's gonna.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #353  
ericsmommy

Hi all I am feeling great, lost another 1lb and it shows Been busy working in the yard and going bike riding between curves, with my CP walking is very hard for me but bike riding is great and nobody see's my limp It's beautiful here today so l am gonna load Eric into his bike carrier and go for a ride around the neighbourhood, first time doing it solo with Eric but l am sure it will be fine.

Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a good weekend
Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #354  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Choosewell,
I hate men too! Mine is skinny. Has been the same weight since we got married 17 years ago! Drinks Mountain Dew and eats Ho Ho's and Kit kats. Only veggie is lettuce. Absolutely NO fruit! Maybe a few times a year(apple picking season and a grape in the summer). Has never eaten wheat bread in his life. His healthy lunch a few times a week is Subway.

Tina,
I have never watched the FitTV. Not sure I have that channel. I am looking for something to do when I don't get to the gym though. I have a cheesy dance video that I have only watched( I guess that doesn't do much good huh?).

Stilllovecartoons,
Real estate sounds like sooo much fun! I have thought about it to. I love checking out all the houses. I frequent Open Houses just to be nosey.
Good luck on exam!

I think I lost a lb so far this week. I wish I could get out of the 190's. I weighed 192.5 this AM.

Well, time for bed. Just got home 1 hour ago from my son's baseball game 1 hr away. Yuck! Had a Ranchero chix soft taco for dinner at 8pm for the ride home!

Have a great weekend everyone! We have 6 baseball games this weekend between our two boys. I hope the weather is nice!
Good luck!

Lisa
Old 05-18-2007, 05:27 AM   #355  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Good Friday morning, ladies!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend. Stay OP so that you get the results you want next week for your WI.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #356  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies!

It's overcast here and we are going to get more ran today. I think that it what is causing me to be so tired lately! This morning I could barely wake up even after 7 hours of sleep! We have black drapes in our bedroom so I'm sure that only compounded the problem.

So I go and exercise last night. It wasn't anything too hardcore but I did some nice brisk walking after it was dark then before I showered I did some arm toning exercises. Either I build muscle really quick or me dipping into my allowance points are catching up with me. I was 190 on my home scale (which is off from ww) and this morning I was 191.5! I plan on doing my PUSH dvd tonight if we dont go out. Hope I don't gain!

Fortunately because I switched to Saturday morning meetings and WW only lets you weigh in once a week, I can't weigh in until next Saturday the 26th. So I'll still have plenty of time to correct any mishaps I created on my body at the beginning of this week before then.

We are doing so well on the exercise and water challenges! We are only 107 miles from NYC when I looked last night so we are winning the race so far We're about half way to the 60 gallon tub in the water challenge so let's drink up!

I don't have a weekly motto this week or a team discussion topic. I think that business plan stuff really messed me up on all kinds of levels so I'll have all that stuff next week.

Well I'm about to pass out from typing so I can't get to personals

But I will sum it up!

Have a great weekend everyone! Let's stay OP, Move It, Push It, Groove It into a Blue Team Victory this week!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #357  
ericsmommy

Hi Everyone

Hope your all looking forward to the weekend, just remember if you can't work out at a gym a fast walk around your neighbourhood works just as good. Just got back from curves and l feel great, as much as l don't want to go there sometimes, once l get there time flies and when it's over l feel great.

Not doing too much this weekend just hanging around home but hoping to go for a bike ride with Dh and Eric.

Keep up the good work ladies and don't get discouraged it's still early in the race.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #358  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Hello, hello!

Well, I had an active morning and this afternoon I took a nap. I mean I CRASHED. But not before eating some maple nut goodies. Oh, who bought them? ME. I threw the rest of the bag away, they made me sick. I'm just not built for sugar like the olden days.

I'm about to get out for a walk with the girls, maybe hub (Slim) will join me. Tomorrow we're going to a family picnic with his family, and I'm wearing walking shoes so I can get some steps in while everyone else eats meat (east Texas family).

Cathy, how is your arm today? Have you tried a heating pad yet?

Hugs all around, drink that water! BA
Old 05-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #359  
Domestic Engineer

Well, today was day 5 of my t-tapp bootcamp. It's a killer workout so I'm pretty happy with myself for perservering through the pain. I was pretty sore on days 2 and 3. Now I feel good and am going to go for 5 more (maybe more) and then I'll move to every other day. I've already had some inch loss though so it's working

It's a 3 day weekend here in Canada so I'm hoping to stay OP even though I'll have everyone home on Monday and we'll probably go out to eat or to the movies or something. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #360  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Finally!!! It's been hard getting here. Anyway I hope everyone is doing good. I've been doing okay. Wednesday night I got in a 80 min walk while Cam had soccer practice. Not sure how many miles I did. Today I went on a fieldtrip with my youngest to Greenfield Village and wore my pedometer and got 10,672 steps. I put it on when I got out of my truck and took it off when we got back in. Not bad for almost 4hrs. Been doing good on my water too. Been getting 96-128oz a day. I hope I have a good weighin on Monday. I try not to stress about that and just go day by day. I've been struggling with the snacking. I find myself roaming the kitchen and can't figure out why I'm doing it. I go read my WW magazines or my regular book to get my mind off it or watch TBL on the Style channel. I don't want to backslide into oblivion and undo the the weight I've lost so far. I've already undone 1lb.
Cam's got an early soccer game tomorrow and I plan on getting yard stuff done, but after that I'll be back to catch up on reading the posts.
Have a good weekend everyone.