Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm in Canada so last weekend was our holiday weekend.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #407  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello!
I have not been on in sooooo long!
It just seems like we don't get home until late and then we try to eat and then I go to bed! Not good for the weight loss thing. This week I have not been doing as good as the others. I have only been to the gym 2x. I am getting up in the A.M. and going for my 3rd time this week. I know when I went yesterday I only did 2 miles and my lower body weights and I was beat. I felt like it was hard for me. I usually do 3-4 miles at 3.5-3.7 with an incline of 1-1.5. Yesterday was 3.5 w/ 1 for incline and only 2 miles! I did see lower on the scale one of the days(I weigh everyday) It said 191.5lbs. But... I only saw it once.
I hope it comes back.

Canadian mom,
So close to goal! Lucky you! Congratulations! I am 5'2 and I would give anything to be at your start weight! Ha, Ha.

Chellez,
I love those candies! YUM! I buy 3 for $1.00 and stick them in my pocketbook for emergencies during the week.

Oh. I will be weighing in on Sunday as always. Next week I will be tightening up things a bit. It is time to buckle down and get to work!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! relax, eat healthy, get some exercise and have fun!

I will be tuning in to the boards over the weekend to chat,
Lisa
Old 05-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #408  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Happy Saturday morning ladies.

I hope you all have a great, OP weekend. If you eat more b/c of the holiday, try to move more too!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #409  
ericsmommy

To all my american friends have a great holiday weekend and remember to enjoy yourself but try to make good food choices. And remember the more water you drink the better.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #410  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok ladies..... it's the moment I've personally been waiting for...

I tried on my dress today after my weigh in this morning (I'm almost down 20 lbs!) and mind you I took these pictures with out undergarments so all of my natural "curves" are showing and it looks like the dress doesn't fit in the back. I still have to go to David's bridal and take the dress with me to get the garments, but what do you think?

Someone told me I need to lose another 10 pounds but I'd like your opinion too!

Enjoy! (Beware... they are big and they are in photobucket which may load slow)

Front View
Side View
Back View
Close Up Back View
Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #411  

First of all the dress is beautiful and now my rant/lecture. DO NOT worry about pounds it is inches you want. You could lose 10 pounds and not lose enough in inches that being said the dress looks great. Go to the weights lifting forum seek out Meg or Mel and find out what exercise to do to tone where you want to tone. Meg is a personal trainer I believe. I would stay 133-135 if I couls keep losing inches instead of pounds(even though both is nice)

The dress is beautiful once you get the proper undergarments it will probably be fine but what matters is what YOU think of how it looks.It is your big day and (hopefully) will only happen once...lol

Last edited by canadian mom; 05-26-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #412  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottalisa View Post
Hello!

Canadian mom,
So close to goal! Lucky you! Congratulations! I am 5'2 and I would give anything to be at your start weight! Ha, Ha.
This was my starting weight after baby#4. my highest weight ever I am not 100% sure off I stopped weighing after 198 i didn't want to see 200 so I stopped weighing.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #413  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
Go to the weights lifting forum seek out Meg or Mel and find out what exercise to do to tone where you want to tone. Meg is a personal trainer I believe. I would stay 133-135 if I couls keep losing inches instead of pounds(even though both is nice)

Actually, there's no such thing as "spot" reducing. We just have to do our cardio and strength train and it'll all work itself out for us in the end, so long as we are good.
Chellez, the dress is beautiful as I am sure you will be too. Stop worrying so much honey. It's going to be a perfect day you'll remember forever. Just keep doing what your doing and I just know you'll be gorgeous, and I hope you can relax enough on that special day to live in the moment and take it all in. I'm happy for you.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #414  
Domestic Engineer

Chellez- I am totally honest here and I think you look GREAT!! I mean it, the dress is very flattering. And Diva gave you some great advice. If you lose more weight is someone going to be able to alter it for you?

Diva- I get what you're saying about spot reducing, but I don't think that's exactly what Jen is saying. There *is* such thing as muscle density and being smaller at a "higher" weight. I just did my t-tapp bootcamp (10 days of pretty intense isometric compound muscle movements blah blah and lost 9 inches!! 1.5" of my hips, 1" off bust, abs and waist and 1/2 each of arms, thighs and calves. I look noticablely smaller (granted just barely, but still), but only lost 1 lb on the scale. So like Jen, I'd take the inches over the lbs. The lbs will come when I have more muscle to burn the fat more efficiently.

I'm done with my bootcamp so now am on an every other day schedule for t-tapp. On my off days I am going to do my treadmill for 40 minutes or so and get some good cardio in. Eating wise I'm doing pretty good- watching portions and trying to stay away from "fake" food.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #415  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Actually, there's no such thing as "spot" reducing. We just have to do our cardio and strength train and it'll all work itself out for us in the end, so long as we are good.
Chellez, the dress is beautiful as I am sure you will be too. Stop worrying so much honey. It's going to be a perfect day you'll remember forever. Just keep doing what your doing and I just know you'll be gorgeous, and I hope you can relax enough on that special day to live in the moment and take it all in. I'm happy for you.
I never said spot reduce I said tone if you tone the muscle under the fat you will look a bit slimmer in that area. I know you cannot spot reduce. i have been lifting for about a year and you do look better end thinner even when there is still fat there when lifting. I would rather her get the advice from Mel or Meg as to what exercises to tone her areas that she wants to as they are WAY more experienced then me I know what works for me and they know of more exerices she could do.

thanks jelyn I posted befor I read yours. I wanted to clarify what I said
Old 05-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #416  

I forgot to mention I weighed 133 for 3 days and TOM has arrived for his monthly visit I hope this means good news next week also. I have also stopped calorie counting I am truing to eat sensibly and not worry about calories as much. I am hoping to transition to maintenence soon
Old 05-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #417  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Hey ladies,

Sorry that I've been so quiet lately. I just got back from a 13 day vacation in Florida. IT WAS awesome. I managed to stay on my plan for most of the time but **** - it was vacation so I did indulge a little here and there and didn't do all the exercise I usually do. I still managed to lose some weight!!!

Glad to be back. How is everyone doing with their weight loss?

Chellez - YOUR DRESS IS STUNNING AND YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! I lost weight before the big day and the alterations needed cost almost more than my dress.....but they were worth it!!! Just find a less expensive seamstress BUT NOT the one at the bridal boutique who charges you an arm and a leg!!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #418  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I feel like such a bad teammate. I haven't been on much, and I've been slacking off with exercising. I need to get the motivation back I had 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #419  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
I never said spot reduce I said tone if you tone the muscle under the fat you will look a bit slimmer in that area. I know you cannot spot reduce. i have been lifting for about a year and you do look better end thinner even when there is still fat there when lifting. I would rather her get the advice from Mel or Meg as to what exercises to tone her areas that she wants to as they are WAY more experienced then me I know what works for me and they know of more exerices she could do.

thanks jelyn I posted befor I read yours. I wanted to clarify what I said
I did pm Meg and she gave me some helpful advice. I have to give her some more specifics later so she can give more specific suggestions.

Thanks for the advice Jen.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #420  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Hi, it's me checking in.

Well...I have to hand it to whoever works nights in our group. Last week I worked my full 40 hour week PLUS I worked 3 nights on an audit. I ended up sleeping a few hours any time I got tired. My appetite was way down, and as a result I mostly ate cereal. And on the scale? I put back on most of the weight I lost.

Further proof, to lose weight you have to eat regularly and sleep regularly and ENOUGH!

So, for the next two weeks I'll be in the field, but fortunately I'm traveling with another walker/runner, so we'll be moving together and eating right. I won't be here much, so I wish you all a good week. Sleep! Eat! BA