Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 186/165/150

Height: 5 9

Hi Everyone!

I have been totally out of commission all week with a terrible stomach bug/ flu. I haven't had a real meal since breakfast Tussday. Its been ginger ale and saltines... out of work all week and sleeping on the couch all day.

I'm beginning to feel a bit better today, and wanted to log on quickly. Will catch up on posts and return to a routine as I continue to get better.

Wishing you all well!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beckfolks - yesterday I got into the 'swing of things' fairly well (until evening). I journaled, planned, measured, and logged my food.

In the evening our neighbors came over with their little ones. (3,3 & 6) Dh and I had a souvenir for the kids from Disney. They came over with a homemade stawberry pie and cool whip! Yikes - I was not expecting it at all. I did have a small piece of pie with a dollop of cool whip. They DID take the leftovers home, thank goodness.

Billbe - yes, my DGS's cold left quickly and he was left with a cough. It seemed alot more manageable for him.

Tomorrow I hope to have time for the personals.

bye for now......
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #228  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - It was a day of much walking - to things on my agenda; CREDIT moi. The mounds of snow continue to shrink; merchants continue to expand the cleared sidewalks; hope creeps in. Two boxes of stuff were sent away - mostly obsolete computer related, but painful to let go because of fond memories.

Eating was OP, CREDIT moi, including my beloved peanut butter, banana, and pecan sandwich for lunch. At the supermarket I saw a stack of large sized Hersey's Special Dark Chocolate bars for only 99 cents. Kinda annoyed that I even noticed. Further annoyed that I recognized that to be a good price. And most annoyed that I seriously considered buying a few as a treat for being such a good guy and not eating them regularly. I'm grateful that I recognized that the thought, "a few" wasn't about a rare or unusual treat, but about eating half a large bar each night - like the old days. Kept on walking; CREDIT moi.

onebyone - Welcome back from a tough week. Congrats for sealing a deal for a place to live starting in only one week!!! Presumably, your DH can bring enough to camp out there if he has to leave his mother's house before you ship all your furniture. With the uncertainty behind you, it's possible to let all your positive energy kick in with the thought of building your life. [Thanks for the Craigslist reminder. We do have some things that will be right for them.]

CeeJay - Kudos for your sixth day of on plan eating, with a special Kudos for doing OK at your potluck - a minefield to be sure. [Oui - especially expensive French food. Soupe a l'oignons certainly doesn't have those nasty calories in the crusty topping of common onion soup, LOL.]

Beverlyjoy - Good grief! "homemade stawberry pie and cool whip!" from gorgeous little kids. Gotta be a saint to handle that one. Your "small" seems like a good compromise.

ChefJoona - Ouch for the miseries; sending virtual chicken soup to heal you right up.

pamatga - Yay for, "portion control and re-training my eyes to see one serving sizes. Period!" - from the prejudiced perspective of a guy whose self-rolled plan is kinda portion control. Just love the notion of looking at your actual food log data to see what causes you problems; that's good science.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
Experience the Difference

This time is going to be different because the Beck Diet for Life Program is different. Here is how:

. . .
It teaches you how to include your favorite foods. You have likely tried diets that outright banned certain foods and beverages, such as sweets, chips, and alcohol. While it is true that you can't consume large portions of these items and still lose weight, you can eat limited amounts of at least one favorite food every single day. You will be able to satisfy your taste for indulgences and not feel the need to go overboard because you will know that you can always plan to have more tomorrow.
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D, The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 23.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beckfolks/friends/coaches… Yesterday was mostly healthy. DH brought home candy from the grocery store. I had some licorice in the evening - which lead to other nibbles. I need to get ‘my mind right’. I am home - this should be my food comfort zone. His potato chips and candy are going in his car!

Some credits for yesterday - planned/measured/logged, left a bite, lots of water, exercise, ate healthfully until the licorice/nibbles in the evening.

BTW - thanks for all the welcome home greetings.

Tomorrow I have an endoscopy in the AM. Lots of stomach aches the last few months. I think it’s stress. It hasn’t totally slowed down my extra eating like I would like it to do. I need to be able to take four medications (percoset, lyrica, celebrex, and an antibiotic) for some weeks after my foot/ankle surgery and I am not sure my stomach can do it. Getting it checked out. I have to start thinking of all this health stuff again. I couldn’t think about it for a long time - but, now I am getting more ready and willing to do it again. I keep wondering if all these delays are ‘a sign’ to change something… doctor, procedure, another opinion?? - and I don’t know what else. But, I do know that I want my ‘life’ back.

Billbe - credit for all that walking and two boxes gone! Major credit for walking past the chocolate bars and realizing that you are not that person who would get them because they are on sale or that you think you can portion them out. It’s credit to know your limitations.

Chefjoona - so sorry you are sick. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Ceejay - credit for the willingness to think through the food situations that you are presented with. Six days on…. Yippee. Many good credits - especially the pink book and planning dinners. As for my trip - my food was OK.. Could have been worse…could have been better.

Pamatga - I am glad you were inspired with the huge weight loss on the tv program. It’s nice when folks can have the plastic surgery to help with the extra skin. I hope his mind can wrap itself around his new body, if you know what I mean. Credit for thinking of portion control and your great workout. I do find some inspiration from the show Heavy. I am one of the odd people that don’t like Biggest Loser show. I think we should use everything and anything out there to help in our journey.

Onebyone - so glad you’ve found a place!! So sorry you were stuck stay with your MIL.. I know that’s a difficult situation. You’ll be able to make your new home your own food comfort zone. Glad you can get in March 1.

Seadwaters - I saw many folks from the southern hemisphere at Disney World - mostly from South America (1000‘s). Also, Africa and Australia. At first I was thinking - why are all these kids out of school. Knock, knock - who’s there… of course, it’s your summer!!!! Credit for doing your shopping and realizing that you need to plan, plan and plan some more as you face the stresses at work.

Maryann - I love puttering too. Sometimes it’s good to slow down the day.

Jmaf - I am so glad you DH’s foot surgery went well. The hunger experiment is really a powerful lesson. There have been times when I’ve had to postpone dinner for a couple of hours. This hunger activity is proof perfect that we CAN wait for food/meal. It won’t ‘kill’ us to wait.

Lexxiss/Debbie - I am so so sorry to hear of the death of your good friend. I know this is hard and so sad. Sending positive thoughts your way - and to your friend’s family.

Futurefitchick - I too am dealing with cutting down on salt. Isn’t it amazing how much salt is in so many foods!!! Carry on.

Rubyjan - I hope your rotator cuff heals soon. Take good care of it.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Hello Coaches:
Its a rainy wet uncongenial day here in London -- but I can chalk up to my credit that I have stayed at 193 all week, and am gearing up to lost another pound this one. Slow and steady is my watch word, after the absurd glee and abyssmal crash when I did Atkins -- losing about 38 pounds in 5 months and then putting it all back on and oh so many more. And I did just have my lunch which included a pot of TOTAL 0% (do they have that in the USA?) non-fat no sugar yougurt into which I dumped about four tablespoons of pomengranite seeds. What heaven!
BBE Eating Mussels in Wine Sauce never did anyone any harm, and never made anyone put on weight!
seadtime I can completely commiserate with the woes of being faculty in these days of management speak and little care for students, except that they be 'satisfied' -- I mean who wants a satisfied student?! I want them demanding more and new and exciting challenges that keep them a bit hungry and longing for more knowledge all the time!
one by oneCONGRATULATIONS!!! How great the you will have your new place to live in the next few weeks! I hope you love it more and more, and find that its smallness is an added pleasure (I live in a studio that is 624 sq.feet), and love knowiing that I dont have to add anything to it -- it really does keep me from wasting cash on extra things -- like extra pillows and chairs and lamps and all -- the only problem is that I keep buying books and now my wall of shelves is getting strangled by the new entries.
I am doing a sunday clean-up here and also reading the articles in the newest New Yorker magazine -- one of my transatlantic treat.
I hope you all wake up to a nice day... RubyJan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruby's book shelves.jpg (41.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 271/253.4/160

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,

After a minor slip up yesterday involving girl scout cookies and cheezits, I got right back on track. I used by coping card that I had written just for that very purpose and it helped tremendously. I was surprised to find that I had lost another pound today, bringing my total to 12.2. Tomorrow will be two weeks on my plan. Yippee!

Credits included: drawing a line in the sand after my initial slip; reminding myself that I didn't blow it; getting right back on track; following my plan today; reading cards; drinking water.

Rubyjan - Never thought of putting yogurt in cereal; will have to try that sometime. Good for you for slow and steady.
Beverlyjoy - welcome back! I agree - put that junk in the CAR!
Bill - way to go for passing up the chocolate. I enjoy a little dark chocolate for my evening snack every now and then. A little goes a loooonng way with dark chocolate.
ChefJoona - glad you're starting to feel better.

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Plan to spend the day in Lancaster PA where they have the most wonderful little amish/mennonite grocery stores where you can get bulk grains and other items for very reasonable prices. The kids like to take in the picturesque scenery, too, with the horse and buggies that line the roads and the farmland.

Andrea
Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #232  
Green Tomatoes

I've been off the rails for about a week now. The longest slip I've had since starting this journey. One of the things I've been doing while I was gone was watching movies. I realized that while The Fighter and The King's Speech are two very different films, they have a core theme in common: getting the right people in your corner so that you can win your fight. I need my Beck coaches in my corner to win this fight.

So, I'm back. I'm following my written plan today. Exercise is the one disciplined thing that I managed to keep up that last few days and a long walk with a friend this morning contributed.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #233  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up

I am sorry that I am late today but it was busy from the moment I got up and I just finally got to the computer right now. I have something wonderful to share. First of all, gardenerjoy, if I am the "Queen of Slippin and Sliding" then you are my Princess. Welcome. I am one of the "new kids on the block here!"

Big "marker" for me yesterday evening! As I have shared in the beginning I have had advanced arthritis since April 1994. About two and half years ago, I really had a nosedive in my ability to be mobile and an increase in pain. I have gone through periods of being homebound and also at times in bed for long periods each day. I will also say that during that time I was depressed from losing my Mom to cancer after a long battle, losing my job and then, of course, losing my ability to even adequately do "normal" stuff, I sure as heck didn't think about losing weight.

I resurfaced last summer and joined the BLC online site and I have been following their program, losing weight quickly until my computer crashed. Without my food log and exercise plan, I pooped out. I am not a quitter but I was "lost". Now, I have a "second hand" computer, thanks to a friend of hubby, and I have you blessed folks. I am back on track! Amen! BLC plan is taking care of my physical self and you all are taking care of the rest.

Credit Moi:

I am pleased to announce that last night I was able to walk with my cane around half of a Wal-mart Super Center. I have not done that for several years (4+ for sure). I had some pain but I could "bear it". It's been a long time since I have been vertical in Wal-mart. It felt good to be "back."

That is what all this strength training, the stretches and losing weight have done for me. Last summer, I could not stand for longer than ten minutes without excruciating pain. It was slow going. I started out only being able to walk five minutes. I didn't even bother to count my exercising back then because I figured I did so little of it. I kept with it though even though it seemed pretty meager by anyone's standards.

My husband went and got the car and when I got in it I said, "Did you just see what happened here?" He said, "Yes, I saw that!" These folks at this Wal-mart have seen me take the electric cart for a couple of years. A couple even stopped and took a good look at me. I was glad to greet people eye to eye instead of belly button to eye.

I am singing "hallelujah".
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #234  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Sunday, but I thought it was Saturday all day long

pamatga This is what it's all about, what the work is about, what the persistence is about, what the logging and the recording and the trying and the getting back onthe wagon and the doing it anyway is all about. It is just so fantastic that you can walk around with a cane. I am sure that this event has given you even more rocket fuel to move forward. Your success has encouraged me as well. Thanks.

gardenerjoy Sorry you are going through a rough patch. I know in the past I have had a tough time when my goal is in sight. You are 8lbs away. You will do it. You're not stopping now but I am sure there are questions and emotions coming up for you as you approach this transitional stage. You will Persist in Victory my friend! I promise.

masondixonmama Kudos for the continuing weightloss. Them's great numbers you got there! As for getting back on track it's the best thing you can do for yourself. Credit for knowing this and doing this.

RubyJan Thank you for the jpg of your bookshelves! It made me so happy to see all those books. I was just reading a website where they send you enough boxes for your move given what size of house or apt you are in. I figured if the experts say "you need x amt of boxes for moving a 2 bedroom apartment" then I will know to only pack/keep the same amt of boxes to move to a 2 bedroom apt but... it's only 25 boxes!! My books will be 1/5th of that-could be more. Maybe it'll be less. Anyway I thought I noticed two rows of books shelved on one shelf in some places... could I have found someone else who does this???

Beverlyjoy I was actually happy to read of your endoscopy. I hope it went well btw. I was glad because it means you are getting back to getting that foot dealt with. I am sure having the trip be a successful one (yay!) and now being done with it means you can move forward in your healing. I am sure it's not easy but you'll do it.

BillBlueEyes KUDOS for resisting cheap choc bars and for 2 more boxes gone. I got a notice today that there will be a FREE garage sale Feb 27th. Everything at the sale is free for the taking. I emailed and asked for details: we can just drop off stuff and leave it all behind for them to deal with! Even the 4 tires for a car we lost 6 years ago can be left there... this is great incentive to get me packing and sorting this week. I have not done much as of yet...

ChefJoona Credit for checking in while sick...hope you're on the mend!

Ceejay The low gi dancing broccoli is thrilled you are OP... keep low gi-ing it!

Lexxiss Very sorry to hear of the car accident. I hope things turn out better than people expect. Please take care of yourself and your DH.

For me, I weighed in *credit 285=-1lb* and I *cooked from scratch today* but I had seconds and I ate to way overful but on roast chicken and fruit for dessert. Actually I am "coming down" from my food holiday at MIL's place. It feels great to be in my kitchen cooking.

DH drives back tomorrow night and I hope to turn into a packing machine once he's gone. No time left for dilly-dallying.

Have a good night Becksters... good morning Seadwaters! Hello to all I've missed and to the lurkers

Last edited by onebyone; 02-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #235  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Coaches!

It's been a long couple of days. Our friend made it through surgery and now it's about waiting and healing. We are encouraged and are hoping for a miracle. Thx for all the kind wishes.

After the sad news I recognized that I must come up with a plan of vigilance. I knew we were going to travel East on Saturday morn. I spent all of Friday looking at the different websites for tracking. I finally decided on Livestrong and I am liking how it works. I have tracked my exercise, food and weight online for 3 days now. *credit* I am using the site to search out new recipes, as well.

Thanks for all your support! I hope to get back in the swing of things. Learning all this tracking has been taking up a chunk of time. I am certain it will get easier every day.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 216.4/217/175

Default Sunday evenings.

Been out of the loop for a few days, and feeling bad about it. I am grumpy grumpy grumpy right now, fighting the same battles with myself: Feeling like I don't have a space in this house. Feeling house-bound and therefore bound by domestic duties, because no one else does them and I don't have a space right now to a) work out or b) get some academic work done, so I might as well do *something*. Feeling bloated and mad at myself for eating majorly Off Plan this afternoon. Everything is bothering me right now, and I just want to get away from it all. But I can't.

I live in a large blended family, and I always come up against this issue of not having my own space. My DP has four daughters, two of whom are living with us; and one GS who is also living with us. In addition, every weekend another daughter has been staying with us, and spending a lot of time with her mom, which I don't begrudge, but it means my space in our room is often supplanted. And I don't feel like I can kick my DP out because it's her weekend, and she deserves to rest where she wants -- but something has to change, because I've been needing to work on the weekends, and working at home just isn't . . . working. ::sigh:: Just when I think I have everything figured out, and have perfected my flexibility . . . ::sigh, again::

Now, on a normal day, when I'm not sweating a big deadline that looms like a lion at the 1st of March, and when I'm not entering that part of the hormonal cycle that triggers an insane sensitivity (I take things WAY too personally on a normal day) and susceptibility to cravings for Very Bad Food -- well, on a normal day I would be able to approach how I'm feeling with some rationality. Also, on a normal day, I would feel BLESSED to have this kind of family: so diverse, so loving, so supportive of my crazy schedule, so balancing to the isolation of academic work. But tonight, yes, downright maddening.

So I come here to YOU, to vent and rant and take some deep linguistic breaths. Thanks for listening.

CREDIT:

-- for coming here to (yet again) relieve some frustration

-- for resolving to get back on track for tomorrow, with a plan for work and for eating

-- for resolving to come up with a plan for future working weekends

-- for enjoying (to paraphrase maryann) one of the best gifts Beck offers, which is to let an off-plan eating day just slide right off my skin. I have SEEN that a meal or even day off plan won't be too disastrous

-- for painting my nails, because it make me happy and helps prevent my anxious nail-biting

to every one, and thanks for the congratulations on reaching my goal. I hope to have more time for personals, soon.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #237  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Monday - President's Day in the U.S., Family Day in Ontario

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Happy multiple holidays to our Canadian friends: Family Day (AB, ON, SK), Islander Day (PE), and Louis Riel Day (MB). And in four days, Heritage Day in the Yukon (YT).

More walking, CREDIT moi, in windy, windy cold. But, I was smart enough to wear Gore Tex which solved the wind problem. I often forget that my normally warm clothes just don't stand up to strong winds. Sorted some old stuff, sent some to the trash, but mainly confronted stuff hidden in the back recesses of shelves. Continues to be an emotionally adventure.

Eating on plan including avoiding some chocolate coated shortbread cookies - a favorite, CREDIT moi. Knew they were coming and just said NO CHOICE.

onebyone - Kudos for "*cooked from scratch today*" - you're getting good at that. [Love the notion of a "FREE garage sale" - just drop it off and run. Look for me there, it'll be worth the drive, LOL.]

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Welcome back on track. I like your insight, "getting the right people in your corner so that you can win your fight."

Beverlyjoy - Sending supportive thoughts for your endoscopy this morning. Strong Advantages Card, "I do know that I want my ‘life’ back."

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Continue to send supportive thoughts as you wait out the results of surgery on your friend. Hope Livestrong works out for you.

MaryContrary - Ouch for the ongoing conflict between being surrounded by those you love and sufficient solitude to meet your goals. Smart choice to vent here where we can be supportive. Yay for recognizing the value in the small steps, like "some deep linguistic breaths" and "painting my nails."

Ruby (RubyJan) - Yogurt and pomegranate seeds sound like a winning combination. I buy a pair of pomegranates from time to time and sprinkle them on everything. I use non-fat yogurt, don't know about "TOTAL 0%."

Andrea (masondixonmama) - Congrats for another pound loss and Kudos for today marking two weeks on your program. Girl Scout cookies are soooo seductive.

pamatga - Monster Kudos for your Wal-mart journey - an inspiring story. I join you in singing "hallelujah."

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
Experience the Difference

This time is going to be different because the Beck Diet for Life Program is different. Here is how:

. . .
It teaches you how to be satisfied with less. Do you sometimes wolf down your food, hardly noticing what you are eating? This program will teach you how to slow down and enjoy every bit that you eat. Have you felt deprived when you saw other people eating food you knew you weren't supposed to eat? This program teaches you a new mindset. It helps you see that you will either be deprived of some amount of food or you will be deprived of losing weight, feeling better about yourself, being healthier, fitting into smaller-sized clothing, and all of the other wonderful benefits of being thinner.
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D, The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 23.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 186/165/150

Height: 5 9

Good morning all,

Still working on getting better. Whatever this was really knocked me out! I was finally able to have some regular food yesterday. It will probably take another day or so before I'm back to eating on plan and healthy foods. Right now its mostly comforting carbs that I can stomach.

Wanted to take some time for personals...

onebyone Very happy to hear you have found a place to move on March 1st! Hoping it brings renewal and positive energy!

pamatga Congratulations on your success with mobility! I was very inspired reading your words- you embody perseverence!

masondixonmama congrats on two weeks on your plan! The amish/menonite grocery stores sound wonderful! Enjoy your day!

Lexxis Sending hopeful thoughts your way.

Beverlyjoy Hope all goes well with the procedure and you get some answers!

BillBE I often struggle to resist those "great deals" even though they are on bad food. Yippy for a triumph over the Hershy Bars!

gardnerjoy Yay for getting back on track!

MaryContrary Home can be such a difficult place in which to find balance, which is frustrating because it is the place we look to for peace, comfort and balance. Sounds like you have some great awareness of your vulnerabilities and challenges, and that you are taking steps to care for yourself!

Hello to everyone else I missed. I'm very much looking forward to feeling healthy and back on track with my Beck work!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello Everyone:

ChefJoona-hope you are on the road to recovery.

BillBlueEyes- credit for eating OP and lots of walking. And especially for resisting the chocolate bars. Yep, it is Louis Riel Day in Manitoba. Fairly controversial name for the day off, since many Manitobans think that Louis Riel was a murderer.

Beverlyjoy-glad to hear that you are getting back into the swing of things after your trip. Good luck with the endoscopy.

RubyJan-love yougurt and pomegranate seeds too. Yum. I like your slow and steady attitude.

masondixonmama-yay for getting back on track immediately and for another pound gone.

gardenerjoy-glad you are back after your hard week. We are definitely in your corner!!! You are probably experiencing a pre-goal slump that you are ending right now.

pamatga- nice list of credits. And it must of felt wonderful to do that walk in Wallmart. You need to celebrate that victory (in a nonfood sort of way ).

onebyone-yay 285. Hope you are having a positive packing day!!!

Lexxiss-good to hear your friend made it through. Here's hoping for a recovery. You will get back in the swing of things-- I have no doubt about that.

MaryContrary-sorry you are feeling bad right now. You have a lot on your plate with family, deadlines, cravings, and hormones. A good rant every now and then is so helpful.

For me- everything is going OK. I am not at 100% but I am at about 85% so that's great. Skipped exercise yesterday due to a very sore neck. Too much computer time I think. I have had to work a little bit each day on this long weekend but I am getting through by recognizing that this is temporary and I just need to get it over with and spend no time brooding about it.

Credit today so far for:
-weighing in
-reading response and advantage cards
-planning tomorrow's food

Today I will:
-walk 30 minutes
-do weights- at least as many as the sore neck will allow
-eat on plan and healthy- had egg whites for breakfast, will have plain yogurt with mandarins for snack, salad and soup for lunch, apple and cheese for snack, grilled lamb, brown rice and veggies for supper and diet pudding for snack.
-eat no sugar
-keep track of sabotaging thoughts

Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #240  
Green Tomatoes

My first day back on plan wasn't as difficult as I expected. I woke up hungry this morning and consider that a good sign.

WI: NAkg, Exercise: +55* 890/1300 minutes for February, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

pamatga: hurrah for the big step in mobility!

Thanks, onebyone and CeeJay! You are absolutely right that my rough patch has to do with a transition as I approach my goal weight that I don't seem to be fully prepared for. I will Persist in Victory!

Lexxiss: hoping for that miracle right along with you! So glad you found an online tracking tool that is working for you.

MaryContrary: welcome back from another who just got back from being out of the loop for a few days. Let's hold hands and jump back in the loop together! I have fewer people distractions but a similar work life, mostly at home and mostly writing and the reward, if any, well into the future. It's hard! But others have done it and we can, too!

BillBlueEyes: yay for walking in the wind -- I always find that a surprising challenge to dress for, too. I finally got it right on snowshoeing vacations up north a few years ago, but routinely forget what I learned.

ChefJoona: sending healing energies your way!

RubyJan: we have your London rainy weather today! Yogurt and pomegranate sounds like a great treat!

Thinking of Andrea shopping at Amish stores today and Beverlyjoy having a smooth endoscopy and learning what you need to know from it.
Closed Thread