Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #121  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We can't get Boca burgers around here either. I used to get them at Sobeys but they must have discontinued carrying them. Actually, the Sobeys store near me doesn't carry much in the way of vegetarian "meats." They have some Yves products and maybe, and I mean maybe Schnieder's (sp?) Oh Naturel products once in a while. They don't even have their own Sobey's brand. My sister can get everything at her Sobeys. The Superstore carries lots of brands including the store brand. I find Yves to be the lowest in fat and calories and the store brands are usually loaded with both. I'm at the point where anything on sale tastes good to me. Though I try to avoid the really high calorie products. Yesterday we had Yves Cheese flavour burgers and Oh Naturel Chick'n burgers. I have a little $15 propane bbq that does us quite well. I think I'll also take a trip to the store as I'm almost out of salad greens too.

Got in my circuit workout this morning before the heat of the day set in. It's breezy and a proper good day for drying clothes outside. I'm almost ready to put out my second load of towels. Hope everyone has a glorious summer day.

Last edited by retiredone; 07-02-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #122  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . . . . . hope everybody has a great day.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #123  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, It's raining outside, again. Seems that it rains for awhile every day. I had planned on washing the bed linen and hanging it outside but that won't happen today. I love the scent of line dried sheets! Better than any fabric softer around, and it puts me right to sleep!

Isabella, You're right, some of the "burgers" have a lot more calories than others. Reading the labels is a must. And i've found a few that I really just did not like. It's trial and error like anything else.

make it a good day, Freda
Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #124  
Isabella

Up and at it early today. Got in all my exercise (walk, bike and push-ups) finished before 9 o'clock. Mom had me up early so I stayed up. Glad I did now because although we're promised rain I think we're going to get a very hot and humid day before the rain comes. I have a few clothes out on the line and I hope they dry with all this humidity.

Freda, we have just finished three weeks of mostly rain and cold weather. If it rains today it will be warm like summer should be. I love line dried sheets too. Can't beat the scent of air dried sheets and towels.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #125  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .
Old 07-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #126  
Isabella

Good evening. Never got in any exercise today. I was busy as a beaver cleaning and dusting. DH finished all the painting today and hung the curtain rod. I swept and mopped all the floors, dusted tables, chairs and pictures. I ironed the new sheers and hung them and sat and admired them for a couple of minutes. Then I got dinner and supper ready for tomorrow as we're having company for supper. Then later on after supper I gave mom a bathtub bath and washed her hair. And I also washed and hung out laundry-2 lines and shopped for a few groceries. I was so hungry by supper time I just sat and had toast and peanut butter with a glass of skim milk and later on a boiled egg. So that's why I just didn't get in any exercise. The living and dining rooms looks all put together but all my dishes are in boxes in the basement and all the extra food is still on the counters in the kitchen but we're eating that down.

Weigh in day tomorrow. Hope all this activity produces results.

Have a great weekend, especially all you chickies in the USA on your very special 4th of July weekend.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #127  
Onward and Downward

That sounds like exercise to me, Isabella . . .

And a great and glorious Good Morning for everybody . . . Our weather is looking to be just about perfect again today . . . sunny, not too hot, and with relatively low humidity. Gotta it.

Hope everybody else gets a great one, too . . .
Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #128  
Isabella

Great sunny and warm day here today. Company's all gone home and the only thing that says they were here is a huge pile of dishes in the sink waiting to go in the dishwasher (after it gets unloaded). I'd rather sit and visit than clean the kitchen. It's not like the dishes are going away anywhere. They'll still be there for me later on this evening. Ha, ha.

No structured exercise today except I danced and jumped to a few songs while I was in mom's room. (Always trying to amuse her.) But I didn't keep it up long enough to count for much. The temperature is dropping a little now as it's almost 9 pm. The breeze blowing through the patio doors feels so refreshing. I'd like to go for a little walk but that means I'd have to get up and put shoes on.

Good news on the scale this morning. Lost another 1.5 pounds. I was surprised at so much but I'm not complaining.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #129  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another warm and sunny day -- but the humidity is on the way up again. Oh well, it is July.

Hope everybody else has a great day . . .
Old 07-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #130  
Isabella

I did go for a short walk (2k) last night. It was just right for walking. This morning I did my usual 5k walk and bike ride and my push-ups. The weather is cloudy with sunny intervals and really breezy. I thought I'd go shopping today with DH but we got busy cleaning out "junk" for a church sale tomorrow. We're raising money for Daffodil Place, a hostel for cancer patients. Just about every church and service club in the province is doing fund raising for this project. We donated an old couch and chair that could be suitable for a cabin and a few ornamental knick knacks that I hate to dust. I might give away an old set of dishes I have that I don't use very often.

And I finally go DH to throw out the old dishwasher he was hanging on to for parts. He took it outside and scraped it and saved what he thought he could use on the washer that's in the kitchen. I've got news for him though. When the dishwasher in the kitchen has a breakdown it's going to be history. I'm getting a new quiet cycle washer as soon as the old dishwasher stops working for any reason.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #131  
Onward and Downward

Quiet in here . . .
Old 07-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #132  
Isabella

It's hot, hot, hot. I delayed my circuit workout until almost lunch time and I was wiped out when I finished. Then I went to town where it must have been another 5 degrees hotter as it's farther inland. Our weather went from freezing cold (for summer) to boiling hot overnight and I'm not quite acclimatised yet. Fortunately I cooked a good dinner (lunch) so we had pb sandwiches for supper with a little fruit. Now if my body fat would render out in this heat I'd be just fine.

Last edited by retiredone; 07-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #133  
Isabella

I got in all my official exercise early this morning. I just got in from my walk and my face is blood red from the exertion. It got hotter as I walked and I'm glad to have that over with for the day. I must go see what I can get ready for dinner (lunch) that won't take too much heat. Left-overs sound good to me. And I'm going to tackle mom's hair and try and give her a perm before I take her to my sister for a couple of weeks. My sister will give her a hair cut which will take care of all the frizzy ends that I'll give her. If I survive this ordeal I'll report back in tonight or tomorrow as soon as I recover.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #134  
Onward and Downward

Hi

Another unbelievably hot and steamy day in NS too. I got up way too early and started cleaning out closets. Now I'm exhausted and badly overheated even with the A/C going; but proud of myself. Eight large bags for the garbage and another three for the SallyAnne. I was ruthless. If it wasn't so hot and humid, I'd tackle the garage while I'm in "the mood", but afraid that will just have to wait.

Oh wow . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #135  
Onward and Downward

Yicky . . . hot . . . sticky . . . again.
Closed Thread