Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #61  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

What a mixed up day with all the confusion of taking down shelves and tearing out the inside wall of the dining room. I didn't get my walk in until 9 o'clock this evening. By the time I finished it was dark outside and I was glad I was walking in the neighborhood. Then I rode my exercise bike for another 40 minutes trying to make a few phone calls at the same time. And I ate on the run most of the day. Didn't go over in calories but I definitely did not get in my minimum of 5 fruits and vegetables, unless the peach pie counts as one serving of fruit. I shall feast on broccoli, beet greens and carrots tomorrow. Really need to remember to take my multi-vitamin.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Hope everybody is getting a break from the hot and sticky weather -- we are having a major thunderstorm right now, but so far no flickering of lights. At least it isn't hot -- we'll be lucky to get into the 20's/70's today.

Guess I'll fire up my WiiFit for a bit and then try to wrench my almost completed Queen Size quilt out from under the cats and stuff it through the machine to finish the quilting process. Wrestling the bulk of it through a normal sewing machine has got to count as a little upper-body strength training. Once I get it finished, I'll post a picture.

Other than that, nothing exciting but guess I'd better close up for a bit since some of the lightening is sounding pretty close. Don't need a fried computer.

Last edited by meowee; 06-11-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #63  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

Isabella, I do commend you on all the exercise. Now only will you be thin, but you will be toned and healthy. Big difference there. We all have days that eating well are a challenge. On those days we just do the best we can and vow to do better. Sorry, that peach pie does not count as a fruit. So I think you should get it out of the house and send it to me! ha!

Linda, We have had those bad winds and a tornado watch too. Some places near me are still having a power outage. looking forward to seeing a picture of that quilt.

Go make it a good day, Freda
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #64  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . what a difference a few hours can make . . . looks like a totally different day out there now -- the violent thunder storm really cleared things out and it is now mostly sunny and mild (not hot) but still a little breezy.

Hope the rest of you get a break from your weather systems, too. :yes
Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #65  
Isabella

I hope those thunder storms don't come here today. We've got sun but some of the clouds look gray.

Freda, I'm sorry the pie is gone. My husband and son made quick work of it. I made two yesterday, one to give to my friend and one for home. I made them so quickly and under such duress (with the construction/destruction) that I could have used a little more fat in the pastry. Oh well, less calories and no one really noticed but me. I used some of the canned peaches to make the pies trying to make more room on the table where everything is piled high.

I felt so tired when I got up this morning. Probably because of yesterday's eating-I ate a lot of refined stuff with not much nourishment. But I did my circuit workout and worked up a sweat so I felt better for having done it. Now if I could find a place to put all my dishes and canned foods I'd get in another workout just stacking the shelves.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #66  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Linda, Some times a good storm just cleans the air. And adds lots of nitrogen to the soil.

Isabella, I always say our bodies are like cars. they will run on bad fuel, sputter around and stall. But they need good fuel to run the way they should. Just a little reminder: soon the construction will be over and you will have a lovely new addition that you enjoy every day!!

Freda
Old 06-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #67  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Strange day today . . . temperature is only predicted to get to the upper 60's and about equally split between sun and cloud. Should be a good one for the old afternoon of shopping with LouLou; so guess my major activity for the day will be all that extra walking about.

Hope the rest of you get good weather and keep active . . .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #68  
Isabella

It's raining out today but I still want to get out for a walk in between the drops. I need to get away from the mess. Nothing's happening because of the rain. DH was hoping to put in the doors after work but it all depends on the weather.

I finally got a good meal made: low fat cheese and vegetable (onions, peppers, mushrooms and carrot) lasagna with whole wheat noodles, beet greens and baked beans, pear crisp with a minimum of sugar and topping (more canned fruit used). I ate a small serving of the lasagna (1/12 of recipe), regular serving of greens, and 2 tablespoons beans and a small serving of crisp with a glass of skim milk. I finally feel like I've had a meal, satisfied but not stuffed, ha, ha.

Several hours later: I went for my walk in the rain. It was really nice because the rain was gently falling and then it stopped for a while and started again just as I was finishing. I had on my raincoat but my legs and feet got wet but I'm drip dry and don't shrink easily. I also rode my bike inside afterwards. Now it's foggy out with drizzle falling.

BTW!!! The patio doors are in!!! DH is tweaking the opening and making sure everything is level. When everything is back in order I'll post a picture. (I know patio doors basically all look alike but this is the first set I've had.)

Last edited by retiredone; 06-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #69  

Height: 5'3"

Don't often take the time to pop in anywhere but the accountability thread, but thought I'd stop in here for a quick hi to everyone. I have one more diabetic class to take tonight. It is real interesting...I thought I knew it all but I have actually learned a few things! I feel much more postiive about my diet now that I have a plan set up by a dietition...outlining how many carbs, calories and all I should be eating. I'm finding I actually am INCREASING my proteins and fats. Since my weakness has always been snacking I'm hoping that this will perhaps fill me up better at meals and I won't feel I want to snack as much. Will see.

This is my first full day and so far I am doing well. Tonight we have dinner at the class and go to the cafeteria and choose our own dinners with the instructor checking us out on how we do and then we test our bs while we are in class (2 hrs after eating), to see if we are doing things right. My dh is also a diabetic and he is attending with me as I did with him a few years ago, but I think my classes have actually been a little better than his was.

Otherwise, seems like we have a lot on our minds. Trying to decide whether we will go south next winter with the price of diesel as it is, having family problems which make us sad and keep us listening and praying, and trying to get the money together for various big expenses comng up soon. Never a dull moment!

I have not gotten back to the gym for almost a month now. Hopefully Monday will be the day we get back on track with the exercise. My dh works in the yard so he gets plenty exercise most days but I tend to only do light housework or worse sit at the computer way too much. Made an effort to park a ways out so I could walk into the stores today when I did my shopping at least.

It's pretty nice here today...at least no rain...certainly not hot but not too cool either ..I like these kind of days. The sun has finally came out pretty nice this afternoon even. A nice NW day!

Hope you all have a nice rest of the day!
Mary
Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #70  
Isabella

Hi Maryea. Glad to hear you are getting so much good information from your classes. You'll probably see big results if you follow the diet outlined by the dietitian. happy you dropped by.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

GOOD MORNING LADIES, I finally have a computer at work again and I thought you might get a laugh from this e-mail I just received. I will be back a little later to chat. I was finally able to change my tracker, down 1 more for over 2 weeks now. DONNA

================================================== ==========================
THEFT PROBLEM - IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys
removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years
ago and have been replaced by those with the texture of cooked oatmeal.
Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire
summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned
myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to
match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. But my
new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my old one. It was
then I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favor of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was
fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to
and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary-
my body was being replaced one section at a time. What could they do to me
next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey
neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world, wake
up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL
replacement body parts-stolen from you and me! The next time someone you
know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere, every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed
and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see
that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them
hidden in my pajama waistband.

Thought this was too 'important' not to pass on. Have a wonderful day -
with a joy filled heart.

These same thieves came in my closet and shrunk my clothes! How do they
do it????
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #72  
Onward and Downward

Well Hi there, DONNA . . . so good to see you and that's a really cute story, too.

Hi to MARY and Hi to ISABELLA too and to everybody else who is hiding out there somewhere.

We have a sunny but cool and windy day on the go in northern Nova Scotia -- but, hey, it is Friday the 13th -- so guess that's pretty good, all things considered. Sorry to report that both my blood sugar level and my weight did an upward blip this morning. Not too worried about either one, hopefully they will both go in the other direction again soon.

Nothing big or exciting on my agenda today . . . hope the rest of you have lots of fun stuff planned.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #73  
Isabella

This place is empty. And it's not even the weekend yet. Hi Meowee, I see you have had some good weight loss since June started. I'm sure today is just a glitch in the "system."

Tomorrow I weigh in but this week I don't think I've lost any weight. I just have that feeling. I haven't eaten over calories but not very nutritionally every day. Too much upheaval in the kitchen with the renovations. The patio doors are finally in but the mess is still there. And it's raining and cold and blowing a gale outside-enough to make you want to curl up with a big greasy plate of something hot. Pizza, French fries, gravy, nachos and cheese; all would do. And I didn't get in my exercise today because I was so busy with mom. I washed and set her hair which in itself is a workout. She's sitting up in her chair looking very fluffy headed and pleased looking.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #74  
Isabella

I just stepped off the scales a few minutes ago and all my ominous feelings melted away. I lost 1.5 pounds this week! I am indeed feeling fine.

No exercise today as this is my rest day.

I'm supposed to walk tomorrow but it's cold and raining and will be for another few days so I might get a chance to try out that workout dvd I got at Dollarama.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #75  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Congratulations on that nice loss, Isabella . . .

My darn old scale- is still heading in the wrong direction. Not much wrong with my eating, but maybe an over abundance of carbs is causing water retention -- will glug down water until I float today.

Weather around here is rainy too and sitting about 15C/59F for the second day in a row. At least the wind has died down a lot.

See you later . . .
Closed Thread