Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

And a great Good Morning to all . . .

Obviously my funk mood is finally retreating . . . although I have no more idea of why than I did about why it was so rotten the past few days.

Finally put away the stupid digital scale and brought out the big old Seca analog clunker -- the kind used in a lot of doctor's offices, if they don't have a balance-bar type -- so we'll see how consistent good old German engineering can be for a while. Only trouble is, analog is not nearly as precise, so looks like I'm between 218 and 219 this morning -- calling it 218.5.

So far the day is overcast, but the forecast is calling for sun later on with a high in the mid 20's (mid to upper 70's), but with the humidity increasing too. Rain predicted for tomorrow -- we need it.

Well, better get myself moving and shaking; practicing for Gary's next 5K and have done my first Gazelle mile for the day so far. . . . see you all later . . .
Old 06-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #95  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I've not officially exercised since Thursday. Friday I was super busy and was shopping, Saturday is my rest day and Sunday I was involved with a funeral (no one related) which totally wore me out. But today I was up bright and early and got in my 45 minute circuit workout. Although, I didn't exercise yesterday I was on my feet (wearing heals!!) rushing about for about 6 hours so I believe that must have accounted for some fat burned. I slept soundly last night.

We had thunder and lightning and rain last night before I went to bed. We had a great view of the lightning from the new patio doors before the rain started blowing through the screen. We didn't get anything directly overhead so we felt safe enough, though I unplugged my computer. Today the sky was cloudless until lunch time. Looks like rain later on today.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #96  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon ladies, I got my exercise in this morning before the rain started. I walked with my GD to the park and back. While we were there I ran after tennis balls while she batted then around. Lot's of running around, she's 5. So, not too bad.

It's been raining here since around noon, with thunder thrown in for good measure. Nothing heavy, just light, enough to give the lawn a good soaking.

Hope eveyone has a good day, Freda
Old 06-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #97  
Onward and Downward

Stupid thunderstorm woke me up at 4 am and by the time I closed all the windows, I was definitely awake. So there just might be some more wet stuff on it's way to you, too Isabella and ours was heavy Freda.

I have an eye appointment this afternoon and could really use another couple of hours of shut-eye before having to show them to my Optometrist . Of course now that I've had breakfast and 3 cups of coffee, I don't give my nap-odds a very high rating.

Really adore the old analog Seca scale this morning. No matter how hard I tried -- on and off a few times and even shoved it around on the floor a bit -- couldn't convince it to register any number other than 215. Must have stripped a bunch of water yesterday because I know you can't lose more than 3 pounds of fat overnight anymore than you can gain it in the same time frame. Hey, whatever it is, I certainly like the number

Okay, gang hope you all have a great day today . . .
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #98  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, I was up all night, i think. I just couldn't sleep. Don't you hate nights like that? I think I finally feel asleep around 4:30 this morning. I hate sleeping late, it messes up my whole schedule. Got to write fast, the grandkids will be here soon, demanding attention. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #99  
Isabella

The day dawned bright and clear but I just made another mad dash to the clothes line. I wasn't as lucky as yesterday and had to throw the clothes in the dryer for a few minutes. So the rain definitely came my way. It isn't heavy yet and hope it stays that way. It's still nice and warm out.

I got in all my exercise this morning. 5k walk, 5k on exercise bike and 35 counter push-ups. I'm glad I got it all in before the rain, although I don't mind walking in warm rain I don't want to walk if there's lightning about.

I've got to tackle the dining room-try and pack a few dishes away down in the basement until we can figure out what and where we're going to put them permanently. I'd like to have the place look at least half decent while my sister-in-law and her family are here in town. They spent the weekend with my son and wife and arrived here yesterday afternoon. So if I get busy enough I might have to count packing dishes as a workout!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #100  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

We are looking at an almost perfect day today -- sunny and warm, but with a lot less humidity than yesterday.

Looking at the BT report this morning looks like NL is in for a mostly cloudy one. Isabella -- hope they are wrong.

Nothing exciting was planned for today for me but guess I'm going to have to get out there and do something -- certainly don't want to waste this weather.

Later . . .
Old 06-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #101  
Isabella

I didn't get any dishes packed away last night but I did clear the kitchen table, moving 3 piles of food off the table and benches onto the counters. Now I have no space at all on the counters but the table is totally free of clutter (well until I start to cook!) Today, we ate another bottle of spaghetti sauce and almost a full package of ww/flax spaghetti. I'm trying to eat up the food on the counters. Shopping is harder now with any sales because I pick up an item and put it back because there's no room. I hate to pass up on a sale but enough is enough.

Did my 45 minute circuit workout this morning just before lunch but I didn't feel like I got a good sweat worked up today. Some days are like that. Maybe it was the weather. It wasn't extremely warm. Strange day. Brilliantly sunny early this morning, then clouded over and looked like a rainstorm was at hand, then cleared up and got really sunny again and now it's getting overcast again. The wind isn't warm either but it's not too bad when the sun is shinning. But I managed to get 2 lines of clothes dried.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . come out and play, gang . . .

Last edited by meowee; 06-26-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #103  
Isabella

I've done my 5k walk/5k exercise bike/35 counter push-ups. I was covered in sunscreen and sweat and had a very nice shower following the workout. I'm now lounging around in pj bottoms and a t-shirt. I've had all my calories for the day and the last thing I had was a nice hot cup of herbal tea. It's chilly here and that really felt good going down. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already and the weekend is just upon us all.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Just a . . . bunch of thunderstorms rattling around and lights keep flickering . . . hope to be back later.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #105  
Isabella

I did my 45 minute circuit workout today. The weather is cold and overcast, again. And we have the promise of rain for the weekend and Canada Day. Oh, well, at least we don't have floods, tornadoes and heat waves.

DH brought home boxes for the dishes today. He's quite busily packing them up and carrying them downstairs. He's left my antique dishes for me to pack and here I am posting instead of packing. But I'll get to it in a minute or two. I'm actually resting for a few minutes after giving mom her bath and washing and setting her hair. If I sit here long enough the room will be looking normal again.
Closed Thread