Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #106  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Looks like another snarly, stormy day . . . I have a migraine from the weather . . . hope it disappears soon. weahter is supposed to continue like this through tuesday.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #107  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Down another 1.5 pounds. Just stepped off the scale not too long ago and I'm riding high. I just have to be careful at the potluck tonight.

The weather isn't nice here either. Overcast and drizzle. Yuck.

My son and daughter-in-law decided to drop by for the weekend so we have a full house. They don't get here very often during the year and we're always delighted to have them. DH shouldn't have any trouble getting help taking out the old dining room window.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #108  
Onward and Downward

I found your lost 1.5 pounds ISABELLA. . .
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #109  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
I found your lost 1.5 pounds ISABELLA. . .
I don't want them back. Pass them on to someone you don't like. I didn't know I'd tossed them your way. It must have been the wind.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #110  
Onward and Downward

I hope to dump them into the Atlantic and maybe they will wash down to the Bermuda Triangle area and never be heard from again.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #111  
Onward and Downward

Still have the puffy ankles and Isabella's 1.5 pounds even though I did eat sensibly yesterday. Still have a bit of a headache and the puffy ankles too so guess today will be one of drinking as much extra water as possible to try to get things flowing better.

Weather-wise, it looks like an instant replay of yesterday although it is cooler by a little bit, but still muggy. Guess I'll be Gazelling my way around the sunroom for exercise.

Have a greaat one, everybody . . .
Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #112  
Isabella

Well, yesterday was a total disaster as far as my well laid plans went. I was supposed to eat a light lunch and then go to the family potluck. Lunch was so tasty I consumed the rest of my day's calories and had none to spare for supper. So I didn't stay to eat but came home with mom (which I had to do anyway) but when DH and family came home with the left-overs I had 3 cookies and a piece of pie. I must have eaten about 1800 calories yesterday so it wasn't a total wipe out but more than I should have eaten. Oh, well, I don't do that very often. The cookies were strawberry rhubarb squares and the pie was rhubarb blueberry and I didn't resist the temptation. (I could have but I didn't.) I shall try to redeem my eating plan today.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #113  
Onward and Downward

Oh ISABELLA . . . rhubarb is so hard to resist, I know how easily days like that can happen.

Yesterday worked out well for me -- the headache seems to have become a thing of the past this morning and I finally got rid of the water weight and got back to my 214.5 weight again. That gives me an average for June of 218.8 or another 3 pounds sent to ugly-pound-heaven. Of course, changing scales probably had a lot to do with it, but I've changed my ticker to reflect a new and lower decade at long last; so I really don't care how I got there, I'm claiming it.

Looks like we are going to get some "sunny breaks" today to make life worthwhile for all of those who booked off for a four day weekend. It is supposed to stay pretty sticky though and think I'll be sticking close to home and doing the exercising on the Gazelle again.

Hope everybody has a great Monday and decent weather for whatever you have planned. See you later . . .
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

The July Daily Accountability thread for the 50+ forum has been started. Hope you'll join.

Lynn
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #115  

Good Morning,

Isabell, today is another day. And 1800 hundred calories is probably around your maintenance anyway. So, no weight gain, but no loss. I hate it when i do that, but we all do it. just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get started again!

glad you're feeling better Linda, and congratulations on the weight loss!

Freda
Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

I wish my 'bad' days were only 1800 calories . . . . . . Isabella if that's the worst thing you ever do, you are a saint.

Thanks for the good wishes, Freda . . . I woke up this morning and decided that since I weighed in at 214.5 again, I really did not want my ticker to say 219 all month. After I finish my 3FC "rounds", I'm going to go and change it. So there.

The long hot summer seems to have finally arrived in northern Nova Scotia -- another hot and humid one for today. So far my house is fairly comfy because it is shut up tight. No great outdoor plans for me, although I may venture out this evening to see the fireworks (Canada Day . . . our version of the 4th) if the weather is decent then.

Anyway, hope everybody has a great day . . . try to keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #117  
Isabella

Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians. I did my 3FC Canada Day 5K walk and a 5K bike ride this morning. And yes, summer has come. After 3 weeks of almost continual rain and/or overcast skies, a big thunder storm last night (which I slept through) and rain early this morning the skies have cleared and the glorious sun is shining through big puffy clouds. And the temperature is up and it's hot in the house. Yeah!!! What great holiday weather.

Meowee, I'm no saint in the food department. It takes all my will some days not to eat everything in sight. But I've lost 28 pounds (18 since joining 3FC) and I'm determined not to gain it back.

We're having a vegetarian bbq for supper with veggie burgers and salads. I've made a macaroni salad and a really healthy rice salad with an oil and vinegar dressing. I've decorated half a sponge cake with whipped topping and strawberries (supposedly representing a maple leaf). I have loads of calories left so I will have a good supper and dessert.

Here's a picture of me in my Canada Day garb doing the 3FC 5k walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00316.jpg (36.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by retiredone; 07-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #118  

Good Morning, Hope you had a good "Canadians Day". Gd and i went to the local park last night to enjoy the music and see what was going on. She had so much fun! Pony rides, she got to set in a fire engine, lots of junk food and junk prizes. the junk food she just had to have, dora bar ice cream. It is junk and she took about 2 bites and wouldn't eat it. So, there I was finishing it and stopped in mid-bite. It's junk and i'm eating it because she won't? Came home and watched the fireworks in the front yard with all the neighbors. Lovely evening to be outside.

Isabella, Which veggie burgers do you like? There are so many on the market now. I try to keep some in the fridge for me when everyone else is having a regular burger. I try to keep some kind of healthy salad in the fridge all the time in the summer. I got a broccoli salad (premade) at wallmart this weekend that was so good. I don't usually buy them because i know they do not use low cal dressing, but they came with a chicken dinner that hubby wanted. chicken was terrible ( I took the skin off a piece and ate it, DRY). but the salad was great. It was just broccoli, pine nuts and cramberries and dressing, I think. Got a recipe?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #119  

Isabella, Forgot to mention, Great picture.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #120  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

I like Boca Burgers but the local Atlantic superstore has stopped carrying them. Lately I've been getting the Yves brand -- both the beef and the chicken versions are pretty good. You have to watch the nutritional panel very carefully becauew some brands (probably very tasty) have a lot of added fat and end up being just as calorific as the lower fat, real meat kind.

Anyway . . . another sunny and very humid day today -- rather unusual for us so early in the season and I definitely hope it does not continue for too long. Thought about going out yesterday, but opened the door and got driven back inside by the wave of heat. So I finished my 5K on the Gazelle yesterday but couldn't get below 63 minutes. Today I have to get to the store . . . another day without salad fixin's is not to be tolerated.

Hope your weather is being kind to you, gang and that you hve a really great day ahead of you. See you later . . .
Closed Thread