Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #211  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Isabella,
Thanks for the tip on the hummus! Yeah, I had to unlearn some eating habits from being a pastry chef. But, I had incredible upper-body strength. I did learn a lot about cuisine, though, and how to prepare foods well.

I hope your side is better! Perhaps you pulled a muscle or you have a virus? When I get that kind of pain where my bra normally would be across my back I have a rib out of place, which usually means the vertabrae adjacent to the rib is out of place, too. This often happens to me because I have had a mastectomy and the loss of tissue causes imbalance in my body. But, that would not be your problem! Have you done any heavy lifting recently?

Get better soon!

Sheri
Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #212  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning gang . . .

Another mostly rainy and humid day around here and I ache in bunches of places plus I still seem to have a bit of an upset tummy on the go. Will be doing a little mall-crawl later on so maybe that will limber my up.

Have a good one . . .
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #213  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

My side is feeling much better today. It must have been sore muscles.

Meowee, hope all your aches fade away soon. My mom and her sister always did a mall-crawl every Thursday or Wednesday (depending on doctor's appointments some weeks). They'd go out around 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon and wouldn't be seen until about 10 o'clock that night. Mom said that my aunt always stopped to buy an ice cream at one spot and then a few fries at another place and then a drink somewhere else. They might stop 3 or 4 times to have a snack. They were well known on the busses and at Walmart. You can imagine how they were at age 85 and 90 still shopping and leaning on the cart for support. Of course by the time they were those ages they had slowed down a bit and their younger sister-in-law would drive them there and shop with them. Can you imagine you and LuLu tottering around the mall in your 80s and 90s?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #214  
Sherianne

Hi Meowee,
Nothing like a mall crawl to get you moving! Around here they actually open up malls early during the winter so people can walk the mall during the rainy season. What a great way to bring in customers, eh?

Isabella, I hope you are feeling better!

Well ladies, I am off for four days. We have a home/property up in Oregon that I have to go check on. A friend and I are are going up to can blackberries, and maybe some tuna, if we can find it for sale. I guess it has not come in yet on the docks, but maybe by the time we get there it will be in. Have a great four days! I will say hi! when I get back.

Sheri
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #215  
Isabella

I hope you're having a good weekend Sheri.

I'll be home alone with mom for a couple of nights as DS and DH are going to DS#1's house for a couple of days to give him a hand with cleaning his attic before he moves.

Weigh in day tomorrow for me. I'm feeling as if I haven't lost anything but I've been wrong before.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #216  
Onward and Downward

Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #217  
Isabella

Cloudy and overcast today but who cares? I don't. I just weighed and I've lost another 2.5 pounds!!! So my day is sunny and light. Ha, ha.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #218  
Onward and Downward

Fantastic news ISABELLA . . .

Looks like I'm going to finish August in excactly the same place as I finished July. But, hey -- I've started the new SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD and will be looking forward to seeing everybody over there -- Just know we will all have a really great month.

I'm finally feeling a little better, tummy-wise, but boy do I ache. Slept in this morning and seem to have managed to pinch a nerve in the sacro-area -- I'm okay sitting but can hardly walk -- so much for any plans I had for today. It's still raining, anyway.

Have a good one . . .
Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #219  
Isabella

Hello chickies. Yesterday, I did the 3FC 5k but I jogged it instead of walking. I had to do it inside because I couldn't leave mom alone while I went outside. I don't have a treadmill so I ran in circles through the living room, dining room and kitchen for 65 minutes without stopping. I got a great workout even though my knees were aching by the time I finished.

Have a nice "light" day everyone.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #220  
Onward and Downward

Hope you didn't wear a path in the carpet . . .
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #221  
Isabella

Ha, ha. My BIL told me the same thing the other day. Losing weight would be worth a new floor!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #222  
Sherianne

Hi Meowee and Isabella,
I was not really good while I was gone...too much seafood, which I really love. A buffet is always a bad idea when dieting, but I didn't gain, didn't lose, either!

I did have a great time, though. I brought home some canned tuna, which I have never done and at blackberries galore. Next time I go I am going to get a fishing license and go crabbing. I can sit and read and check my crab pot every once in a while!

Your run through the house sounds great, Isabella. Nothing like losing a few pounds to motivate you! You will be at goal in no time. Exercise really is the key!

Meowee, at least you are not going in the wrong direction! You are so encouraging to everyone here! Thanks!

Time for me to go figure out homework assignments for tomorrow, busy, busy, busy! Have a great day!

The crickets are so loud tonight, I am wondering if I will sleep. Fall is right around the corner when the crickets go wild with song!

Sheri
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #223  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Just to let you know, I've been having really weird computer problems the past few days and will be making an appointment to get this beastie a checkup either Friday or Monday. At the moment, 3FC is one of the few places I'm able to access, but I don't know how much longer that may last. So if I do go completely missing, and you need assistance with anything, pop on over to the "Active" thread and give a yell for Jayell who will, I imagine, bring help.

Bought myself a new toy yesterday, a laptop, along with a cute little stand for it (which took me over 3 hours to put together ) and a thingamajig to allow me to set up my own little wireless network ($$$) -- BUT -- this desktop (which is currently hardwired into the cable connection) will not let me load the software to set up the wireless.

Today I will tackle the laptop set up and the first thing I'll be loading (if Vista cooperates) will be my Mahjong game which I haven't been able to access since Sunday -- I'm having major withdrawal pains.

Hey, at least I didn't go off the deepend with the eating -- who can afford food now.

Have a good day everybody . . . hopefully, I will see you all later.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

BURRR!!!!! It is only 41 here this morning.At least the sun is shining. Our whole week is supposed to be cooler.Think the warmest day will be 72. Oh but I love the fall,so bring it on.
Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Had a busy weekend,we put on a new entry door and storm door to our house,then DH put up a new garage door opener and mowed the lawn while I got caught up on laundry. Had to take time out on Saturday night to watch our beloved "HUSKERS" play football,AND WE WON!!!!.
August turned out not to be one of my better months as far as weight loss. I actually gained 2 lbs.I am going to try much harder this month.I too have had some kind of stomach bug. I started feeling sick Saturday night and still don't feel 100%
Hopefully it is about done with me.
SHERI: Your trip to Oregon sounds like lots of fun. I love fresh fish, I too would try to get my fill if I had the opportunity. The blackberries sound wonderful too.
MEOWEE: Hope your pinched nerve in the sacro is getting better. That can be so painful. Take it easy for a couple of days. You are quite the 'tekkie'knowing how to hook up a computer and all those programs!! I don't understand a darn thing about them.Except I too love Mahjong,that is probably my favorite game. Hope we don't lose you for awhile.
ISABELLA: WOW!! 2.5 lbs gone, that is wonderful.Did your Mom think you had lost your mind,running for 65 minutes around the house? Now that is dedication.
I am hoping that I get to feeling better so I can get back to walking and doing my weights. Now that it is cooling off I would like to start walking outside in the evenings. Had better go get busy here at work, I just put a load of sheets in the dryer so have to get the beds scrubbed down.
Have a GREAT day and do something fun! DONNA
Old 09-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #225  
Isabella

Hi All. Wow, Donna that's chilly for September. It's about 30 degrees here again today and humid. But we'll pay for all this lovely weather this winter when the cold winds blow and the snow is chin high. I don't even want to think of that now. My mom was asleep the whole time I was jogging around the house and didn't know I had accomplished a 5k inside.

I got in my circuit exercise today before it got too hot and I'm glad I did. I'd probably expire if I tried it now. DS is gone for a jog. I don't think young people feel the heat like the "old" folks. Ha, ha.

Sheri, great that you didn't put on weight during your trip.

Meowee, got that laptop set up yet? You'll love it once you get it up and running.
Closed Thread