Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #136  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I got the perm put in mom's hair yesterday accompanied by a great deal of stress. It took almost 4 hours from start to finish including a bath. I was totally bushed and overcome with heat and exhaustion by the time I was done. I should have done the perm a couple of weeks ago when the weather was cooler. Oh, well, it's done now.

And today was another scorcher for this part of the world. Actually, it's so humid with 30 degree temperatures that it feels much hotter. Meowee, we're getting the same weather. We're supposed to get a cold front coming in by tomorrow night and Friday should be almost chilly. That'll be good for traveling as Friday is the day we run away from home for a couple of weeks.

To top off everything for the day, I've overeaten on my calories! Not by much but more than I'd planned. I was helping DH lay the laminate flooring in the basement and I was the gopher on the job. I guess all the extra activity made me hungry although it wasn't an extremely vigorous activity. I haven't done my circuit workout yet and I won't until it cools down 'cause I'm afraid I'll faint out cold in this heat. Should have done it first thing this morning.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Our humidex was still sitting at 39C / 102F at 9:00 pm last night This is forecast 6to be our last really hot and sticky day for a little while at least. Supposed to cool off for Friday (as Isabella already mentioned).

Today is the normal Thursday 'mall-crawl' and I'm sitting here wondering what to wear. Know it will be extremely hot in the outside places and expect it will be far too cold in the inside places.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #138  
Isabella

Just a quick run through as I'm leaving on vacation in a few hours. I have to finish packing and get mom ready. Weighed in early this week and have lost 1/2 pound. Next weigh in will be July 28. Hope to stay on plan for the next 2 weeks.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #139  
Onward and Downward

Good luck and have a great vacation . . .

Looks like NS is going to have a warm, sunny -- AND NON-HUMID day today.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #140  
Onward and Downward

Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #141  
Isabella

Hello Chickies, Having a great time. I discovered my son has an exercise bicycle that he bought this winter and they also have an elliptical so I'll have that as well as my walks. I walked 5k last night and also this evening and did 5k on the bike. I'm trying to keep my calories under control as well and haven't done too badly, although we had a wicked macaroni and cheese casserole for lunch today, my favorite. I managed to have about 1/2 cup but went back to the kitchen and picked about another 1/4 cup from the dish. I'm pleased to have gotten in some exercise.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #142  
Onward and Downward

. . . I could never have stopped at that little, you did really well, all things considered.

Another gorgeous day for us . . . I'm going to get dressed and go out to play as soon as I finish up saying HI to a few more 3FC places.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #143  
Onward and Downward

Not so gorgeous this morning -- both the temperatures and the humidity are on the rise.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #144  
Isabella

I'm quite pleased with my son's exercise bicycle. I can go 10k on his for the same amount of time that I do 5k at home on my old bike. I've put in a request for a new bike for Christmas. I told them they (my children) could get one between them for me. Yesterday I did 10k on the bike and walked 5k outside. Today I'm hoping to do the same. The hot weather has broken and although it's sunny I wouldn't call it warm today. Good for walking.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #145  
Isabella

Arggg. What an off plan day yesterday both with food and exercise. Everything started out good but deteriorated as the day went on ending up with me eating deep fried breaded wedge fries. Today is going to be better!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #146  
Onward and Downward

Hang tough, Chickie . . . you can do it.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Neighbors,

Daily Accountability thread for August has been posted. Come reserve your spot today! Thread begins on August 1 when Linda will move it to the Sticky area.

Lynn
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #148  
Isabella

I'm back from my vacation and I must say, I didn't do too badly. I actually lost 2 pounds while I was away. I managed to get in some kind of exercise most days and even got in a couple of swims.

Now, that I'm home, I'm going to get back to my regular schedule except today is going to be a scorcher so I probably won't get in any strenuous exercise. This would be a great day to swim but alas it will not happen...sigh...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #149  
Onward and Downward

Yipee . . . glad to see you back . . . now there are two of us in here again.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Whew, I finally got back here. So much going on. Been keeping up with you though.

Meowee: your weather sounds like it has been a lot like ours. This last week however has been very hot and humid. Today is nice and cool, 73 right now and we had a little shower this AM. Have chances for rain the rest of the week and very hot temps, mid to upper 90's. I promised earlier this spring when it stayed so cold that I wouldn't complain when it finally got HOT, so I am trying to bite my tongue. By the way are there many calories in that ?

Retiredone: Wow you did well losing on your vacation. Now that is true dedication. Congratulations!!!

Well I put my name on a spot for the August accountablility thread, sure hope it will help me get back to exercise. I have just put it off because I hate to sweat !!! Got a great gift in the mail yesterday. My doctor put me on Crestor for my cholesterol and Crestor sent me an "Xertube". It is rubber tubing with handles and an exercise sheet. I used it this morning and it is a good workout. You can see it and other exercise equipment at their website, www.spriproducts.com. It says this is the medium strength and sells for $10.99. Hey thanks Crestor.3

Hubby and I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary on Saturday. We did ourselves a favor, we didn't eat out !!! Just bought a 1/2 of beef from our daughter so we put some rib eye steaks on the grill, had fresh cucumbers, fresh green beans and corn on the cob. Now you can't order anything that good in a restaurant. Now next week is my 62nd birthday, will have to decide what I want to grill for it! Had better run it is almost time for me to go home and I still need to do a little cleaning here at the clinic. Hope all of you have a great day. Donna
Closed Thread