Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #166  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Thanks ISABELLA . . . this too will pass.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #167  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Things are back to normal -- it's raining again. Definitely not hot and we may see a bit of sun as the day progresses.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #168  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Got in all my exercise before dinner (lunch) today. Just sitting here trying to get up the energy to take a shower before I eat.

The weather is very cloudy with sunny periods. The weather forecast says it's foggy with patchy drizzle but I haven't seen anything like that yet. I almost hung out clothes on the line but I'm afraid the minute before I take them in the skies will open up and soak all those dry clothes. So in the dryer they went.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #169  
Onward and Downward

Overcast and fairly cool -- no rain -- yet.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #170  
Isabella

I haven't done my exercise yet. Had some bad news about a good friend of ours. He was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. Took the good out of me and I just didn't feel like doing anything the rest of the day. Maybe later on this evening I'll get to it.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #171  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Chickies!

Well, I am doing the last minute rush, get things packed and in the car for the early morning departure on vacation! I am gettinge excited!

Meowee, I hope you are feeling better. I just had my niece visiting and she has type 1 diabetes. It is a struggle for her; she wears a pump and it makes it hard for her to wear all of the cute little things that teen girls want to wear. Her medication makes her gain weight easily, too. I sympathize with you!

Isabella, your roasted veggies sound really good. I like them, too. I put lots of garlic in mine and my husband and I compete over who gets the garlic!

Well, the dog is still here. She has a name and a collar and a sleeping spot on the back porch. She's my little black shadow and follows me around during my daily rounds. She is also my welcoming committee when I go anywhere. Sigh...it looks like I have a dog.

See you ladies in ten days!

Sheri
Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #172  
Isabella

Have a great vacation Sheri.

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 2.5 pounds this week!!! Yeah!!!

I didn't get in any exercise at all yesterday. By the time I felt like doing any the house was full of people (just the ones that live here and DS's girlfriend) so I left it as a "no go" for the day. I still got exercise in 5x this week so that meets my accountability goal. I'm changing my start weight to reflect how much I have actually lost. I started doing this in January but didn't join 3FC until April. So if you see a huge change in my weight loss that's the reason why.

Hope everyone has a good on plan day.

Last edited by retiredone; 08-09-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #173  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Slept in this morning and consequently my BGL is higher than I'd like but at least the www (weird water weight) I've been hanging onto for the past couple of days has left the building again.

Weather is still overcast and humid but temperature is looking to be fairly low again so things are quite tolerable.

Nothing exciting for me today -- want to do some sewing (Christmas presents) -- OMG, I'm so organized this year -- bet I'm still rushing around looking for stuff in mid-December though.

Hope the rest of you get great weather and have a fun Saturday . . .
Old 08-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #174  
Isabella

I had a good workout today. Did my walk and bicycle-10k altogether. I ate under calories so far today so I guess I'll have a glass of skim milk to up my protein and calcium.

It's somewhat chilly and cloudy here today but no rain. It was very pleasant to walk in though. DH has the new back deck finished (all but the stairs that won't be done until the spring) and I can't wait to get furniture to go out there.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #175  
Onward and Downward

Nova Scotia (well Pictou County, anyway) got more sunshine than expected today, but it has darkened over again and will probably rain again tonight.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning everyone. Hopefully this week will prove to be a better one.
Seems like I can't get things in gear. The weather here has been cooler, but the humidity has been horrid. Saturday and Sunday it was foggy all day and a light mist in the air. Makes me feel soggy. Tried to get some exercise in but it was mostly working in my flower beds(in the mist) and then ironing.
I did do some squats, lunges,stretching type of exercise. I ate pretty well but I think I am holding on to a lot of water. My rings are tight and my feet feel swollen. I was down in weight a little this morning and I haven't had time to get my exercises in. On Monday I always vacuum the entire clinic and scrub the floors in the bathroom and break room.Got those done so wanted to take a break and check in here. Should be able to get on the treadmill as soon as I finish this, then I will put in my accountability after lunch.
Meowee: Christmas ? Wish I could get that organized. I never know what I am doing until after Thanksgiving. Guess I had better start thinking about it now and it will be less stressful later on.

Isabella: Sorry about you friend,I will keep him in my prayers. You are really doing well with your exercise, I am just not that dedicated. It is so easy to just say " Oh I can do it later " and of course that doesn't happen.

Better go get on that treadmill and maybe I can put in some better numbers this week. Have a good one gals,DONNA
Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #177  
Isabella

Maybe I'm a bit compulsive about exercise, at least once I start doing it. I know how easy it is to put it off and then that goes on to another day and so on until I'm not exercising at all. That's why my goal is to do exercise 5x a week.

Talking of exercise I did my 45 minute circuit workout just a few minutes ago and now I've got to get something for dinner (lunch). DH went back to work today and is working from 6 am-2 pm so we'll be eating shortly after he gets home. His schedule will change after Labor Day when the schools open so we'll have our dinner at a more traditional time then.

DH and I visited our friend over the weekend. His wife is devastated and so is he but he's trying to hold up for her sake. I hope he can get the MRI done today and then have the surgery done this week. We are not near a large medical center so his treatment and testing is done between different hospitals on opposite sides of the province. Prayers are needed and appreciated.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #178  
Onward and Downward

OOPS . . . found something to keep me busy today . . . here's Sandy . . . I know, I know -- I really do not need six cats, but he is sooooo cute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sandy1.jpg (28.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #179  
Isabella

He's a real cutie!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #180  
Isabella

Well, I finally got in all my exercise today. It was stretched out over the whole day before everything was done. I ate well, too.

It's raining tonight after a warm, overcast day. DH decided to hang clothes out on the line this afternoon but nothing dried because it was quite humid. So he had to take them in and toss them in the dryer. So much for saving on electricity!
Closed Thread