Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi...Thanks! Yes Eddie Adams and Stubby Kaye. She was on TV with Ernie Kavacas, too. A friend and I took off from school for a weekend in the city. Actually rooted around and found the 78 record. Now that is dating myself for sure. Had gone in that year and saw Sammy Davis in Mr Wonderful, too.....And before that Caine Mutunity Trial. We'd go in for a show 5-6 times a year. Used be able to afford it....even when kids were young Duffy's Square had that day's tickets reasonable.

Hollie...Gosh, didn't mean who you play bridge with! Meant what kind of dogs. Of course some of our players here could be fuzz faces....some are as mean as junk yard dogs!

I have worked all day and just looked at the clock and can't believe it is so early. Did daylight savings time start again and we have an extra hour? Even clipped Dash's nails. Dh won't let me paint them pink! He's such a fine hunting dog...ha! This morning while he was tinkling the armadillo walked right by him and he was too busy to see him. Minute later it was off to the races.....Armadillo won again.

By the way..that chocolate martini was kinda watery choclate tasting. The vodka was okay. Will put the stuff away until the kids come.

Our Myers Lemon Tree has hundreds of lemons the size of limes. So if we don't get a hurricaine we should have bushels of hugh lemons. So sweet...cross between lemon and grapefriut but has lemon tangerine taste. I'll mail you each a couple in the Fall. They are as big as a grapefruit when ripe.

Time for my sundown ice water....except too cloudy for a sunset. Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs....Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-18-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariela72 View Post
Lynn, I just noticed you are in Bucks County - Where? I lived in Lancaster when my hubby at the time taught at F & M. I sang with the Bucks County Opera a few shows back in the early 80s. South central Pennsylvania is really beautiful country.
Hollie
Hi Hollie,

I'm far east - just across the river from Trenton, NJ. I live one town away from Washington's Crossing - the town where Washington crossed the Delaware.

Lynn
Old 05-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hi...Thanks! Yes Eddie Adams and Stubby Kaye. She was on TV with Ernie Kavacas, too. A friend and I took off from school for a weekend in the city. Karen3
Karen, when I was a kid, I lived just across the river from NYC - in Bergen County, NJ. We used to skip school (play hookey) and take the but into the city.

Lynn
Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #169  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. Kathleen, I have a crown that is attached to the root with posts. I'd rather have that than a partial any day. It's quite sturdy but I'm careful with it. I've had it about 6 years and no trouble.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #170  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Don't forget - the trash is ALWAYS an option.
EEEKK! I'd be disowned if I trashed cake and cookies. I actually gave away several plates of cookies and I sent home plates of food with a couple of the guests and I froze some of the cookies and cake for another time. I have it under control.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #171  

Lynn...I grew up in Hunterdon County and we took the train into Hoboccan and the ferry over to Canal street. Then uptown by subway. Times were so different we went alone as teenagers without a worry. My DS lived in Washington's Cross for years and DH graduated from Rider. He was the 1st class at the Lawenceville campus, but took most of his classes downtown Trenton. DD is still living in Oldwick which is 25 miles from Lambertville. So know your area well. We have had family living there since 1704. hugs, Karen3
Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #172  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Hi, again.

Just got home from spending the day with my kids in Orange County. Went to see the new Narnia film. The kids loved it - I'm not into all this fighting and warfare. I left in the middle of it to take a phone call so I got a break. But it is always fun being with teenagers - they're so smart and mature, then five minutes later, they are still 10 years old.

Thanks for the suggestion about putting the Post in the jaw and attaching the crown. I have babied this stupid crown for the past two years and it finally fell out. No problem with the others, thank goodness. There is no pain with this - I just look like a little old gal with missing teeth.

Karen3, Edie Adams and Ernie Kovacs were married to eachother for quite a few years before he passed away. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still around. These people sure bring back memories. I used to have a friend who was in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World with Ernie Kovacs - very funny guy.

The news said that the heat wave is on it's way east, and by the end of the week, it should be cold enough to need a sweater again. The heat broke several records today including one that stood since the 1880's. But it isn't too bad now - in the mid 80's.

Take care.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #173  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Another rainy start to the day -- an official holiday in Canada -- but since yesterday turned into the best day of the year so far after a similar start, maybe this one will get better, too.

Nothing much on my agenda today anyway -- hope to do a little quilting later -- hve got to stop buying more and more fabric or I'll hve to put an addition on the house soon. Could be worse, of course, I could be spending the same money on chocolate, cookies and ice cream. Blood sugar is okay but weight blip is still with me . . . hopefully it will start going in the downward direction again soon.

Hope everybody has a great day on the go . . . see you soon . . .
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #174  

Morning quicky! OMG weight is at 189lbs this morning. Thank you Thank you Thank you....couldn't done it without your support!

Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-19-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #175  
Kathleen

Good morning, everyone.

Another hot day and a hot night - 74 degrees at 4:30 this morning. I got up and am fiddling around on the computer.

Stepped on the scale and I am up another pound - that's 5 lbs this week so far. Lucky me. I have no metabolism left and am so sensitive with anything I eat. So, I'll pull out the new South Beach diet book that I bought yesterday and go back on Phase 1 until I get this weight back off.

My pup is 8 months old today. He found an apple I pulled out of my purse this morning, batted it around a while, and then took a bite, and before I knew it, had eaten half of it. So, I took it away until I find out if it agrees with him or not. He really loves "people" food but isn't eating much of his own food - must be the heat.

Today should be the last of the heat. Supposed to get up to the mid 80's again today, then drop all the way down to the 60's by the weekend. That'll be nice except it will probably be grey and hazy. But at least it will be easier to sleep.

Today I go to my MD for my checkup. I had hoped to drop a lot of weight so he would be impressed, but that didn't happen. I'm sure he will want to talk about my pre-diabetes, but other than that, I don't think I have any real problems. Then I have to call to see about this darn tooth. Get a few groceries and back home. The rest of the week is pretty uneventful. Hope I don't get too bored.

Take care and have a lovely day.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #176  
Isabella

That's great Karen3. I just love breaking into a new set of numbers.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #177  

Height: 5' 8"

Woo Hoo Karen3

I just have a quick sec so wanted to say hi
Expecting temps to hit triple digits today so gotta get bunches of work done before I melt.

Have a wonderful day
Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #178  

Default hi

Hello everyone, Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Computer problems. I finally got it solved, I hope. Can you see my fingers and eyes crossed? I haven't had a chance to read everything, but i'll get to it. Hope everyone is still hanging in there. Freda
Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #179  
Kathleen

I'm back from the doctor and the dentist. The doctor said I am doing well and he is very happy I am on SBD. Blood pressure 122/80 - can't complain considering I haven't exercised. He didn't weigh me for a change. Wants to see me back in 3 months.

But then there is the dentist. The tooth that the crown was on broke off so far down that they can't attach it again, so he drilled a couple holes and put in a couple pins, but as the crown didn't fit over the pins, he is ordering a new one. The temporary crown feels good but doesn't match the rest of the teeth, but when I get my new permanent crown, it should look as good as new. But I didn't need the expense. Thank goodness I was able to get the COBRA for my dental insurance when I got laid off - saved me about $500. This is the same tooth that originally broke that caused me to have to get crowns in the first place.

It is still hot out - the thermometer in the car showed 107 degrees, but my computer says it is just 88 degrees out. I've kept the house closed up so it is pretty comfortable in here. And I kept my dog in his cage in the kitchen to keep him cool. He just slept so he is fine.

Stay cool.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #180  

Evening all...I have been pumped all day and smiling. Played good bridge and nobody could ripple my cheer! Have a secret goal of being lower weight than DH and can see it coming. Yipee!

We had a flat tire on Mike's van on the way home. There was a razor blade stuck in the tire. Thank goodness for AAA. And it wasn't beastly hot while we waited.

They were driving each other crazy today with a question. You remember "There was an old lady who lived in a shoe. She had so many children she didn't know what to do. Okay, question what is the next line?...without looking it up...66 people asking and mumbling. Got funny. I have to look up the answer before I go to bed, for sure.

Running late and it is sunset time, grabbing my ice water and heading out. Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs, Karen3
Closed Thread