Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi...checking in and admit I licked one finger. Made a Devils Food Bundt cake with chocolate chips and dried cherries in it. Plus used strong coffee instead of water. Tossed the bowl in sink asap.But my finger made it's escape. Yummy. Tartlets are baked....have enough for peach'n blue cheese bites and red pepper jelly'n goat cheese bites. Plus made the Capreses Bites....grape tomatoes stuffed with mozzarella cheese balls drizzled with vinegarette on skewers. Dh says he could eat them all. Egg salad is done and just have to stuff the deviled eggs. Then make the sandwiches.......Those skewers really look great. Be something to take to a covered dish dinner. Got the mozzarella cheese balls already in oil/basil and spices so will finish off with vineragette using balsamic vinegar. Will travel well, too.

Back to the kitchen....this is actually fun! Karen3
Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #77  

Uh ho....I ate one of the hot red pepper'n goat cheese tartlets.OMG.....sooooooo good. Locked the rest in cooler in air tight container. And pretty too! Karen3
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #78  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Hi, again.

Just got home a bit ago. My solo went quite well considering. I did "My Funny Valentine". During rehearsal, I had a hard time getting to the high note, but once we had an audience, it came right out. One lady with a wonderful voice sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables and it was great. None of us could compete with that. But I felt like everything went well. My director says we are the best musical group that this senior center has had, which is nice.

But, once I ate the food, I know why I don't want to eat at the senior center - I thought, good, chicken & veggies. It was a little chicken smothered in gravy, some over-nuked veggies, lots of rice - which I didn't eat, a roll which I also didn't eat and a piece of white cake with some strawberries - I was hungry so had a little of that - didn't taste that good. So, I have to be so good the rest of the day.

The sun has come out, finally, and it is so nice out. Time to clean up after the dog and water the plants. Someone told me to be sure to keep the dog in at night as there is a big pack of coyotes that are coming through the park every night. My pup stays inside at night so that's not a problem. I only let him out when I am there to make sure nothing attacks him. Even with a fence, it isn't safe with the coyotes lately. We have had 3 coyote attacks on little children in the past few weeks. Too many fires that have destroyed their food chain.

Have a lovely day, what's left of it. I'm still waiting for the Sears air conditioning installer so my place should be nice and cool this summer. They are due within the next couple of hours.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #79  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Karen3, you're making me hungry!!! I love anything in a tart shell.

Kathleen, everything went well with the singing. It usually does. Too bad about the institutional food.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi all, kathleen congratulations on your singing. I admire your ability to sing. I can't carry a tune. That coyote situation sounds scary for children and pets. Have a great day. Lori

Last edited by flowingair; 05-09-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #81  

Good morning y'all...Everything is packed and ready to go. Just need a second cup of coffee. Must admit that what ever diet I have ever been on and it says no coffee I skip that part.

Kathleen.....So glad the solo went well. It must be a joy to be able to sing out loud. Told you before I have music in my soul but it can't get out.

Been watching and hearing how many teachers we have here in Golden Girls.....I taught nursing for a few years. Does that count? And bridge? Had all I could do at times to not kill my own brats so knew I'd never do in a class room. The amazing thing is my2 grew up so good.

Gayle...Headache better? Are you doing a 12hr shift? YUCK!
Am off....won't be home until after five and the sound you hear then will be my fanny dragging.....hugs, Karen3
Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #82  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Another gray day here in So. Calif. Now that I have my new air conditioner, it will probably stay cool for a while and I won't have a chance to try it out. But the heat will come back soon enough, I'm sure.

I ate some of that lousy food at the senior center yesterday, and it has come back to haunt me today. Weight up another .2 lb. and my tummy is not too happy.

Today, I am meeting a friend for lunch in West L.A. where I used to work. We are doing barbeque so I know I can stay OP with that. Just leave off the sauce and stick to collard greens.

I am having to throw all my dog's stuffed toys away as he is slowly destroying them - chews up the covers and is pulling out the innards. He'll have to stick to hard rubber toys and balls as he hasn't been able to destroy them yet. I can't believe such a little dog can tear things apart like he does. Even the toys with the rope legs get chewed through. They look indestructable but they aren't.

Thanks for the congrats. It is giving me the incentive to see if I can find other places to sing and use the voice. I may even try to find a musical to do. Even singing in the chorus would be fine. Music is my only hobby right now, and I haven't done much of it for so long, and it feels so good to get into it again.

Have a lovely day.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #83  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all

Oohh Karen3 I just don't know how you create all that yummy stuff without doing more than one finger lick and one sample! You are much more disciplined than I could be! I haven't actually tried agave nectar yet but it comes from the same plant they distill tequila from. Wonder if you left it in your cupboard too long........ Might give quite the kick to that morning coffee

Thanks Cat I think I will go ahead and add that 3rd day of Fluidity on a more regular basis. BTW I can finally do that "hangy" stretch at the end without feeling like my shoulders and spine are dislocating

Glad your starting to feel more at home in the condo Phyllis

Great job with the singing Kathleen I envy people who can sing. Anytime I try, dogs for miles around start to howl and DH suddenly develops a migrane so I have to limit myself to singing with the radio in the car only - with the windows closed of course

Volunteered my department for a project so I've managed to stave off the layoff for another couple of weeks. Worst thing about being a manager - I hate that my people don't have a clue there is an axe hanging over their heads Already been composing letters of recommendation for the ones I'm going to lose. Hope people still read those things. Darn this poopie economy anyway!

Have a perfect day ladies
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Ladies! Happy to report that when I got on the scales this morning I am down another 2 pounds!! That makes me half way to goal! YAY!! I'm really loving the Gazelle for sure! I've been switching between the treadmill and Gazelle and I guess it must be working! That and enjoying some nice strawberries in my slimfast shakes in the morning. They make a really yummy shake!

Kathleen, have you tried a KONG for your dog? They are really good entertainment for them (and you)!

Karen---My hats off to you! I just couldn't do all that food without testing it all!! You are doing great!

Well, guess I'd better get busy here-- have a few things to get done and then hope for a buyer for the house!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #85  

hello.....weakly she moans! Am totally wiped out. The food was instantly sucked up and 70+ people became orgasmic! Now at their ages that was quite a feat! It looked even prettier than in the magazine. And surprised me that the Red hot pepper jelly tarts went just as fast. There was nothing to bring home.

Not sure if my back or my legs hurt more. Will definitely spend the night with my Irish Lad. (for new comers Girls told me for leg cramps to put a bar of soap under the sheet...I choose Irish Mist and have Fabulous dreams of bonnie lads). Don't know if it helps the cramps, but who cares!

DH had a vase of red roses all fixed on the table when I got home. And got a drawing from 7yr DGD. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

YoYo....Salt rim on morning coffee? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???? NAH!
But I will check it out when I shop Sunday.

Karen31......2lbs......Thats just wonderful

Past sundown so gonna turn on pool lights and just bob. Soak some tired off this old body. Take care of your self, eat healthy and hugs....Karen3

PS the only way I get thru those cooking days is knowing you all are here. So Big thank you! k
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm back after a month long sabbatical. Been doing a lot of work on another website, and have ignored all my other ones.

Our trip to Virginia the last week of March/first week of April was rainy, foggy, and cold! But it was a wonderful visit with my friend and my hubby even took down some dangerous trees for her. Geez, when they have fog in Fancy Gap, they have FOG! It's not that "burns off by 10 am" stuff we get in Philly. This fog lasted all day and you couldn't see the sidewalk 15 feet away! She does live on a golf course off the Blue Ridge Parkway, and I am sure she's probably in a "holler," which probably explains it. We are planning to go back and help her take down some more trees.

Anyway, haven't lost any weight this month at all, but haven't gained any either. I am royally ticked, but still plugging on. I did get a little off track for a week or two back then, but now I'm back on track.

Went bike riding Tuesday, and since I've lost that 20 pounds and cut my smoking down to less than half a pack a day, there was a noticeable difference in my breathing capability. Usually when I get to a hill, I'm toast, but I made it ALMOST it to the top of all of them! Which is better than my previous "not even halfway."

I also lost my hairdresser AND Gyn over the past two months to retirement, both of whom I've been seeing for over 30 years! Since these are the two most important people in a woman's life besides her husband, I just don't know what I'm going to do now. I have long, thick curly hair and desperately need a haircut (last one was at Christmastime), but just know some little chippie is going to tell me I'm "too old" to have all this hair, and offer to cut it short! Bite me! I also know I'll never bond with another doctor like I did that one. The perils of living long -- all your "people" retire.

Did ja miss me?

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 05-09-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosmon View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, Cat, but unfortunately, I am violently allergic to yogurt. One bite and I start coughing and get the worst cold ever. And peanut butter is also on my "leave alone" list. I do take a few frozen strawberries and let them thaw, then put some Sweet 'N Low on them and eat them one at a time. Normally, this is enough sweet for me, but once in a while, I crave something different. I also have a problem with most artificial sweeteners - I seem to only be able to handle Sweet 'N Low. But I'll keep looking for another way to get my sweets. Ice cream is not the way to go. I love it but it doesn't love me.
Fresh Strawberries are a really low point fruit and will be in season soon. You could treat yourself to a cup and a half of them. Also, make some sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding with skim milk (I mix up a quart of Carnation Instant and use that so as not to use up all the regular milk in the house), and fold in a tub of Cool Whip Free. A cup of this stuff is only 2 points and it's sinful! Use Chocolate Fudge pudding if you can find it. I am going to try freezing a cup of this stuff this weekend to see what happens.

There are loads of ways to get sweet into your diet.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #88  

Hey PhillyGirl....Welcome back. We missed you. hugs. Karen3
Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #89  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

So...what's on the books for Mother's day weekend?

I just put the sprinkler out on my veg garden. Have some little baby squash and white grape tomatoes that are just about ready for picking. oh boy! The rest of the day is a big question mark. Getting ready to go clean out the fridge...there is a very questionable cucumber in there...at least I THINK it's a cucumber..either that or some alien had babies in the fridge.

Tomorrow I'm going to a cathedral in Baton Rouge where my youngest son (20) will be confirmed, then he and oldest son and I are going out to eat. My daughter sent me the cutest white sun dress for Mother's day along with 3 pairs of flip flops...that girl knows me well!! My husband works on Sundays, so won't be able to join us.

I had some notecards and stamps made for my Mom using some swamp pictures I took a couple of weeks ago...she got them yesterday and was very happy with them. She writes to family/friends just about daily and goes through a lot of notecards and stamps!

Hubby and I had a date yesterday afternoon and went out to eat at a great place with a patio. I had a wonderful tuna stuffed tomato that was on a bed of salad with raspberry vinegarette dressing. I also made the mistake of having 2 gin and gingers with a twist of lime. They didn't have diet gingerale and I was STARVING a couple of hours later...had to be the sugar.So I had a few Mary's gone crackers and some laughing cow and it seemed to do the trick.

I saved my husband time shopping for a Mother's day present for me by ordering a new camera for myself...am I nice or what??? Can't wait for it to come in so I can play. It has an 18x zoom on it. Husband laughed and said thanks.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-10-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #90  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . . . . . I'm back and I will never be able to catch up with everything this bunch has been doing for the past few days so I won't even try. Just rest assured that I missed you all.

It was a wonderful little mini-vacation but I'm very glad to be home to my own bed. Slept like the proverbial log last night. Of course, I'm also back to crappier weather -- Ontario was quite a bit warmer and is the greening-up ever ahead of ours. Oh well, I do have one lonely tulip and a few bits of yellow at the base of my forsythias and I think I see a couple of buds on the lilacs . . . spring will get here.

Amazingly enough, the scale showed me a lower number than he handed be four days ago in spite of my salt and carb debacle while away (good grief, my ankles are still swollen). Maybe he missed me and is trying to be nice. I think the cats also missed me, but who can really tell with cats. Everything seems pretty normal this morning.

Anyway . . . hoe each and every one of you is working on a great weekend. I will see you all later . . .
Closed Thread