Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
Welcome home Lynn Sounds like an awesome trip and what a fabulous victory to come home with only 3 extra pounds - you'll have those whipped off in no time. And, might I add, you look quite at home and relaxed on that horse. Might you have been a closet equestrienne all this time?
Yes, I LOVE to ride. Our England trek was my Mother's Day present. Unfortunately, took me 3 months to take off that 3 lbs & 15 days to put it back on. Hopefully, I can "re-lose" it more quickly.

Lynn
Old 05-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #137  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Lynn and welcome back. I must say I was quite taken back by your pictures. I had been reading about your upcoming trip and had wrongly assumed the your SIL was your "sister-in-law." Well, when I clicked on the first picture I thought maybe someone in your family had had a sex change. It took a few seconds (minutes to be correct) before my brain went in gear and the light turned on and I realized your SIL was your "SON-IN-LAW!" Duh, what??? He's a much better looking son-in-law than a sister-in-law!

This place is so busy today. I haven't had a chance to look in til now and I had three pages to read through. Hi to Hollie and Diane. I find exercise really helps me lose weight that doesn't want to come off. I guess our metabolism slows down as we mature and we do need to eat less.

Meowee, you're beautiful. I hadn't looked at your profile and never saw your other picture but this one is beautiful.

I've had another day of baking (I can identify with you Karen3) cookies. I made brownies, peanut butter and jam squares and vegan chocolate chip/raisin/oatmeal cookies (for my niece). Every time you mention deviled eggs my mouth waters and I've decided to do a plateful for mom's birthday party. I also ate a couple of cookies today which gives me less food to eat tonight. I have about 200 calories left for the day. Ah, well I'll choose wisely the rest of the day and get as much out of those 200 calories as I can.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #138  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quickly buzzing in.
Welcome back Lynn...so happy you had a great trip!!(see me turning green???)

Welcome to the "new kids too".

We have been under tornado and flash flood warnings etc since last night. I took this video BEFORE it got bad. More than 1/2 the kids at our school did not come to school today and during the second class a tornado touched down close to us. My husband's car got flooded at the university campus and it's generally a mess here, but the rain has passed at least.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Cat...What a storm! New camera worked great. Need the rain but keep the rest of that mess.

Diane....Welcome. Missed your post earlier. Hugs, karen3
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #140  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Busy in here this afternoon . . . great . . .

HOLLIE . . . sorry, I called you Holly before . . . it does boil down to calories in and calories out, but as we age, we burn fewer calories maintaining our bodily functions, IOW, our metabolism slows down -- I've read somewhere that it's about 5% lower for every ten years over age 30.

Hi to you, too, DIANE . . . I met you in the introduction section and I'm glad you found your way over here. As Lynn says, don't worry about getting all this stuff figured out right away, we are all here for you and perfectly willing to lend a hand.

Hey LYNN . . . did you forget about multi-posting while you were in England . . . BTW, I don't imagine I'll ever do away with Purrecious as my Avatar -- she just seems to epitomize the word "meowee" somehow.

Thanks for the kind words, ISABELLA . . . just so you know here's the old one and the new one for comparison. No, it's just the lighting and the time of year that makes my hair so much redder in the old one . . . my hair-colour was and still is my own . . . although I do seem to be sprouting more grey recently.

Oh CAT . . . if there is anything you do not need, flooding takes the prize. Stay strong, girl -- hopefully everything will be okay very soon . . .

Hi BETSY, Hi YOYO, Hi K3 . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LINDA1.jpg (28.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Me-May.jpg (13.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #141  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Meowee, my hair color is my own too. Anything I pay for I own!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #142  
Onward and Downward

. . . Mine may become that kind of 'my own' before long; but for now it's still growing out of my head that way . . . I'm getting tired of finding more grey every day, though.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #143  
Lifetime Loser

Love it Cat......that is how I feel about my hair color! Good job on the video.

I started getting grey hairs in my 30's and would be totally grey if not for my hair dresser.

Karen 3, I am hearing that we need lots of rain in FL. I hate this time of year their, we had some bad fires near where our condo a few yrs. ago. My son works outside and tells me how dry it is now. We are getting lots of rain here in Ohio so I'll try and send some your way.

Linda, you look great....but being a cat lover I like the kitty too. How are all those fur babies doing? Lots of dogs here in this condo complex but I did see two beautiful cats sitting in a window the other day.

Karen, good for you getting away for a trip. I hated having to keep the condo so clean every single day and no one show up, I know how you feel.
Everything can be done by fax, mail, computer & phone so don't worry. We bought this one by fax and mail.

Welcome to the new ladies...Hey, Lynn more photos please.

Phyllis
Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 240/240/180

Height: 5' 10"

Lynn,

Yes, there is a great site caloriesperhour.com which is a free site and has fantastic tools for counting calories in foods and calories expended. I liked your advise and will try it. I just really dislike counting calories and weighing things, etc. It will be nice to have somewhere to discuss the results. . . . Thanks for being here.

Hollie
Old 05-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #145  

Oh BTW ******************************

My brother will be on TV tonight. He is guest starring on Without a Trace on CBS at 9 or 10 o'clock depending on where you are. His name is Victor Warren. He stays trim by eating low carbs and working out.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #146  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hollie, how exciting about your brother. I wish we got Without a Trace-it was one of my favorite shows but we don't have cable and only get 2 stations.

Cat, I was going to complain that we had rain today but I've changed my mind and say we had high humidity. We don't get tornadoes here but we can get some nasty thunder storms in the summer but not often.

ETA: Hollie, is this your brother? www.victorwarren.com

Last edited by meowee; 05-15-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: removed the // so that the link would work - it's ok
Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #147  

Nice to meet you Isabella.

Yes, that is my brother.

I hear you about TV. We don't have it either. I am going to friend's house to watch the show tonight. We live on a pretty steep hillside and can't get a satelite sight line. The cable company in town doesn't go this far out. So we are stuck with netflix and borrowing.

I do miss warmer weather. it still is not getting much more than 50 here.

be well.

Hollie
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

I haven't yet re-adjusted to our time. Woke up at 3:30 this morning.

Hi Cat, here's hoping you stay safe & dry.

Hi Meowee, my red hair started getting brown when I was around 18. I've been buying it ever since. I tried to go gray a few years ago, but I wasn't gray - just a kind of non-descript brownish color - I have decided to be red until I go REALLY gray.

Hi Phyllis, some more photos are attached. I can't wait to get to scrapping next week to start on my trip album.

Hi Hollie, I use Diet Power & have the calories for everything I eat in the drop down menu. I like approaching the whole thing scientifically. Makes me realize that it's in my control. Also, with the diabetes, I really need to keep track of the carbs.

I'm so annoyed I missed your brother. I fell asleep at 8 last night. I expect to be back on US time by next week.

Photo on the left is half-timber houses in Chester; photo in the middle is Castle Combe - the medieval town where we stayed in the Cotswolds; photo on the right is Big Ben.

Check back later,

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0599.jpg (44.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0631.jpg (40.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0711.jpg (23.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #149  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Just a quick fly-by right now . . . hopefully I'll get back later.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #150  

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday all you lovely GGs

Quick fly-by just to say hi and wish everyone a perfect weekend.

I used to love to ride too Lynn I had horses when I was younger (even had one I bought as a yearling and trained myself) but haven't been on one in eons. Maybe now that my behind might actually fit in a saddle and is not so huge it would take a crane to hoist me up, I might give it a try again.

Gonna get HOT here pretty quick - 99 yesterday. I'm actually toying with the idea of going bare legged in public this year. I've got some really cute skorts and, thanks to Fluidity, I have a few inches above my knees that actually look pretty good for a change (we won't discuss the upper thighs just yet ). Had a couple of size 14 skorts that I never got to wear - I seem to have whizzed right past them so they are off to DH's church's charity closet.
Closed Thread