Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been here lately--- just been busy trying to get things ready to go on vacation. So far everything seems to be falling in to place.

Karen-- Congrats on getting into the next set of numbers---That feels so good I know! Right now I'm still sitting at 157 but I haven't really been doing my Gazelle or treadmill so know that does make a big difference. I will be walking the 2nd 3FC 5K this weekend though so need to get going and get myself ready for that.

We went shopping today and I bought some new outfits to have for vacation. Of course, I checked Goodwill first but didn't see anything that I really wanted---so splurged and bought NEW at Walmart!!! I went in thinking that I would need size 16 jeans and ended up with size 14's!!! So I was really happy!

Kathleen---so sorry to hear about your tooth. Dental works is always so expensive. I hope they get it straightened out for you real soon.

Hi Freda! Good to hear from you ---don't be a stranger.

Well, Hello to everyone that I've missed. I don't know if I will ever get caught up but will try. Have a Great Evening everyone.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #182  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nice new avatar pic Karen ~ is the outfit one of your splurges? Have a good time on your vacation.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Gayle, No, this outfit was an outfit that Lynn had and wanted to know if anyone wanted it. I am so happy that I was able to get it and just love it. It will be so nice to have something that nice to wear while on vacation!

Hope things are going great for you.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #184  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello Everyone,

Days off ~ yippee. There came a racoon and 3 little ones on the deck tonight ~ it was kind of fun to watch them.

Sorry, don't get to read or post as much as I'd like to.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 05-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #185  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Good Morning ladies, I've been reading some of the posts. Just can't get to all of them. We are a active site, which is a great thing! It's good to have my computer back. I can't believe how much I missed this thing!

It's still cold here in Michigan. I am so looking forward to warmer weather. I was cold all day yesterday, didn't seem to get warm untill I took a long, hot bath last night. It was damp too and those cold damp days just seem to settle in my bones.

I have been able to maintain my weight for 6 months now. I still have days that I feel like I can't get full, my "bottomless pit" days. And some days are good. I am much better at planning for things now. And I think that is the key, planning.

Lyn, I see you're back from vacation. And only gained 3 pounds? I think that is an accomplishment.

Cat, You look lovely in your pictures.

The kids are in Disney this week and you would think I had some free time, since I babysit on Monday and Tuesday. But I am busy both days. I have a long list of things I have to do today, so guess I better get busy.

Missed you guys, Freda
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #186  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all you wonderful Golden Girls

Another dull and damp day around here although we did have a tiny bit of sunshine earlier this morning. Nothing big in my plans anyway. Probably do the laundry -- is that ever exciting.

Hope the rest of you have great plans . . . see you later . . .
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...My DS lived in Washington's Cross for years and DH graduated from Rider. He was the 1st class at the Lawenceville campus, but took most of his classes downtown Trenton. DD is still living in Oldwick which is 25 miles from Lambertville. So know your area well. We have had family living there since 1704. hugs, Karen3
Hmmm - sounds like you're into genealogy. I've actually begun to write a book. Just sent in my DNA to locate new ancestors. Cat is also into genealogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosmon View Post
Thanks for the suggestion about putting the Post in the jaw and attaching the crown. I have babied this stupid crown for the past two years and it finally fell out. No problem with the others, thank goodness. There is no pain with this - I just look like a little old gal with missing teeth.
Seems like this is "Dentist Week" - I had a rough visit there yesterday - he had to remove a crown that I had in there for 20 years & then do work on the gum underneath. Was pretty sore last night - OK today.

Quote:
Morning quicky! OMG weight is at 189lbs this morning. Thank you Thank you Thank you....couldn't done it without your support!

Karen3
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! DoInG tHe HaPpY dAnCe for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosmon View Post
Stepped on the scale and I am up another pound - that's 5 lbs this week so far. Lucky me. I have no metabolism left and am so sensitive with anything I eat. So, I'll pull out the new South Beach diet book that I bought yesterday and go back on Phase 1 until I get this weight back off.
Hang in there. Remember, we are responsible for our efforts (what we eat/how much we exercise), but not for the results (the numbers on the scale).

Quote:
They were driving each other crazy today with a question. You remember "There was an old lady who lived in a shoe. She had so many children she didn't know what to do. Okay, question what is the next line?...without looking it up...66 people asking and mumbling. Got funny. I have to look up the answer before I go to bed, for sure.
She fed them some broth without any bread & whipped them all soundly & put them to bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hi Gayle, No, this outfit was an outfit that Lynn had and wanted to know if anyone wanted it. I am so happy that I was able to get it and just love it. It will be so nice to have something that nice to wear while on vacation!

Hope things are going great for you.
Glad you can use it. Funny - when I saw your avatar, I thought it was me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
I have been able to maintain my weight for 6 months now. I still have days that I feel like I can't get full, my "bottomless pit" days. And some days are good. I am much better at planning for things now. And I think that is the key, planning.

Lyn, I see you're back from vacation. And only gained 3 pounds? I think that is an accomplishment.
Freda
I'm glad it was only 3 pounds, but, it took me 3 months to lose those pounds & only 2 weeks to put them back on. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Don't have much planned today - rainy & cold here - off to the Library & then to pick up a new photo album - have a 50% coupon for AC Moore's - need it for all my England photos.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #188  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning all. I'm checking in quickly from school. End of the year and very hectic here. But my last day is Monday, so after that I'll be free (at least of one job!)

Got together with a photographer buddy of mine yesterday over coffee and we began plotting out a photography project we are going to try to do together and maybe have made into posters or maybe a small coffee table book. Even if the poster/book doesn't work out, the field trips should be fun and be little "mini vacations" this summer.

Got my first little garden harvest yesterday of a funny looking cucumber, 2 little yellow grape tomatos and a great looking squash. fun!

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-20-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #189  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Nice cool overcast morning for a change. I have the door and windows open to let in the cool air until it heats up. The pup is busy chewing on everythng he can find. Almost time for breakfast for the both of us. The temps are supposed to drop a few degrees today, then stay in the mid-70's the rest of the week. Will that be nice.

Tooth feels fine but looks funny as it is shorter than the rest. But it will look nice when I get my new crown.

Today, I have to get some housework done around here - place looks out of control. I also want to take me and my dog for a walk, finally.

I decided to stay off the scale except for once a week. It gets depressing to watch the numbers go up and down.

I pigged out on some Rye Krisp last night but all the crackers, etc., are now out of the house and I just won't bring them back in until my appetite is back under control.

Someday, I would like to move into Leisure World at Laguna Woods in Orange County. They have so many clubs and programs for seniors. I would love to take a photography class and learn how to do geneology. My mother's cousin was Mormon and used to travel around teaching geneology, but I only met her a couple times so didn't get to take lessons. I can't do it while I live where I do now as I don't have room to store anything. Maybe someday .....

Have a lovely day.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #190  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kros, I am really into genealogy too. I've run a site and discussion group on New Orleans Creole genealogy for years. A lot of fun! We even had conventions in N.O. once a year for a few years before the storm.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi, Sorry I've been out of touch for a while, like Cat I'm so busy with the end of school year work. I still have a couple more weeks. We get out June 12. I haven't been doing a great job on eating, exercising, or water lately, but I plan on getting back on track today. I need to go exercise. Lori
Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Lynn caught me out. Yes, both DH and I are into our family geneology. Mainly because we ended up with all the family records. Have tubs stored with pictures and records from both sides our families. Cousins show up occasionally to sort thru. Dh was only child and his grandmother saved everything. So neat, have pictures(tintypes) of great great great grand parents going back to early 1800's. A tons of postcards....with their pictures on them...think before telephone you sent a penny postcard. Hope someday one of our2 will take care of it all. Have the cookbooks that the womens society at church started making before WWII.....anyone want recipe for sourkraut chocolate cake? 'poss to taste like chocolate cocconut??????(can you tell I'm shivering!)

Cat...The area we moved from in MD had a big Creole connection. Apparently on the Southern move from Arcadia they spend years living on The Eastern Shore. They still have competitions every winter with La watermen in things like muskrat skinning. And everyone there wears white boots, too. And every winter have ham, coon, and muskrat dinners.(shivering again!)

Kathleen...I have found on SBD that if I get eating carbs like crackers I go into the bottomless pit gotta eat or die mode. And level one takes those creavings away. Now just the threat of level one wakes me up. And I do love salty things.

Karen...You look wonderful and already on vacation!

Freda...we missed you!

Lynn...Had to go back and see your happy dance. So cute! thank you.

Quiet day here, played bridge and did good, need to get my ice water and head out....Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-20-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #193  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . that cake might just be able to curb my chocolate addiction . . . probably delicious, but think I'll pass.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #194  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I made a chocolate sauerkraut cake just a few months ago. It was like a chocolate coconut cake but kind of strange eating it knowing it wasn't coconut. It tasted good but I'll probably never make another one. I just did it to try it out as a curiosity piece. Everyone in the family ate it also and liked it.

Talking about strange foods, I saw someone on tv make a turnip dessert pie similar to pumpkin pie.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 240/240/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all.

Wow, so much going on in everyone's day. . .

Today was pretty much the pits. I got my period again. I'm in that time of life where they happen now and again. Hadn't had one since February. Then I felt my boobs getting sore, etc., and of course the scale wouldn't move at all. I get to a point where I feel like I'm going to explode if the damn thing doesn't start already, so it finally started. I never had problems with my cycle until last year. Now when I do get one, it is really painful. So I got my typing work done and then laid down and watch the TV. All I want to do is lay down. Anyway, long and the short of it, didn't exercise, didn't work on my music, didn't clean the house or do laundry. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and this will be the LAST ONE.

Okay. So I am lying there, and in walks my wonderful hubby with a surprise. A bicycle. I never learned to ride one as a kid, my parents wouldn't let me. So, he is going to teach me and he says that when I get good enough, we will buy new ones and ride together. He understood that today was not the best day to start that, but soon. It will be fun to ride into town instead of taking the car, but it will take me a while to get that comfortable with it. He has an alterier motive. . . he will feel better with me on the back of his motorcycle, if I know how to balance myself on a regular bike. I have riden with him on the motorcycle and really enjoyed it. But he would like me to understand the whole balancing thing.

Hope you all have a great evening.

P.s. Lynn, you are in the Deleware GAp. . . KNow the area. Used to love to eat at the Black Bass. Is it still there?

Take care.
Closed Thread