Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

OMG--it's "sort of" snowing! And here I sit looking at the sun, and wait, let me check, oh, yes, the temperature is 91. I'm so glad I moved out of snow country!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #287  

Rennie~it is SO true that we are the parents, we're not the friends. Unfortunately, my SIL didn't adopt this theory and her 17 YO DD is a hard core drug addict (been in trouble with the law several times, dropped out of high school and has been in and out of rehab countless times) and her 16 YO DD was close to becoming the same thing until she saw the trouble her sister was in. She's finishing high school, but I'm certain she does her share of drugs and alcohol. It's very sad.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #288  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Alin
It is hard. Someday I am the most hated mother in the world lol. BUT the day kids were drinking at a party that I wouldn't let my son go to and the cops were called I was pretty liked. The boy that I wouldn't let my daughter go out with date rapped a girl at her school. When this was found out I was pretty liked. For all the times they have hated me because " so and so's mother lets them " there are countless times I have been loved above all others. It is all worth it. You can't always keep them out of trouble. Even the best of parents have kids that get into trouble. You can only teach them by what you do and what you allow. Right from wrong is not only words, it is example. That is the most any parent can do.

I just shake my head when for example a young girl gets pregnant and her family just can't understand how she could be so stupid. Well maybe the parents who are divorced ( this has nothing to do with it ) have boyfriends and girlfriends sleeping over. Their kids know they are sleeping with people they aren't married to even if they don't allow the people to stay over at their house. What on earth did they expect was going to happen with their own children. They taught there children what was right and what was wrong by example.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'4"

91 and sunny!!!
ARGH!
Usually a comeback would be, "Yes, but you don't get to enjoy the change of seasons and the pretty fall colors!"
Frankly, I could do without all the cold and snow and sleet and plowing. Just on Christmas because it's just WRONG to have a green and sunny Christmas.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #290  
Rennie

Cleveland
I love ohio. I love each season. I have lived other places. I keep coming home. Haven't been out of the state for years and have no desire to live anywhere else. Enjoy what God has given you to see.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #291  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Snowing???? WAAAAAAAAA! Dear Lord please get me out of this BLASTED heat! I want to wear my new winter clothes. That's it-I'm moving!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #292  
Rennie

Janny
You are to funny. I am glad the summer heat is gone. Nice cool crisp autumn days are here.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #293  

I agree that I miss the change of the seasons, but I don't miss shoveling snow, scraping car windows, de-icing the lock to get the car door open, etc.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #294  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I lived in the mountains at 10,000 feet for 8 years. I can live without snow for the rest of my life!!! A little bit of snow isn't bad, but I really prefer the sunny days. Even if they are cool, that's ok. Just keep the snow away!!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #295  
Rennie

Oh its all part of the season. Doesn't bother me. I hate the heat. I do not like to sweat, see people with little to just about no clothes on or put up with all the vacationers in our state park. I like the cooler weather better.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Talking I'm Here and Alive!

Dear Ladies,
Hello, I have not been getting any email notifications from "40 Something". I have been incredibly busy with my new business but that is a good thing.
How are all my old friends from "The 3 hour diet" I hope doing well losing weight as we speak? I have been really bustin a move on the workouts for about 9 weeks now or more. I work out everyday in case I have to miss one. I've been lifting weights 3 days a week, tredmill 4 days a week and yoga one day. I feel great and I'm slimming down but like a fool I checked the scale last week. I almost took an assault rifle to the over pass and took out every thin woman in town! I regained my composer and got back on the tredmill. ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Yes life is good stressful but good. I figure if I just keep moving forward just for health reasons the body will fall into place. I have to maintain that sense of peace or I'll lose my mind (again) and give up.
Hope all are well and I'll look into why no emails.

Liz xo
Old 11-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #297  
Smoochie's Girl

Ok Diane,
Let's swap houses!! Rennie too!! (Trade in the wintertime). Can I come over for Christmas?? It is soooo sad to see Christmas lights on a house in front of a perfectly mowed lawn.(Allison knows) Tell you what- I bet it's gonna be almost 90 at Thanksgiving. Makes me want to cook in a hot kitchen all day...
DH and I are thinking about moving to Seattle where it rains all of time!!! Yippee.......

Last edited by Janny O; 11-09-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #298  
Smoochie's Girl

Hey Lizzie,
Welcome Back!! Hope the holidays are treating you well. Good luck with your plan and post when you can. Hey- I rhymed.

Last edited by Janny O; 11-09-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #299  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Janny - You're a poet and don't even know it! (thank goodness this is a 40 something thread and you all might remember saying that maybe 35-40 years ago!!)

Glad to see you back, Liz! Tell us all about your business. It is so cool!!! Just so everyone knows, Liz is a gourmet cook, so she can help you turn just about any recipe into a low-cal substitute of the original! She's amazing.

As for me, if I have any more anxiety today, I'm going to explode. I couldn't sleep to save my life. I really can't say that there is anything really drastic going on in my life, just a lot of everything. I tend to get a little stressed when the holidays come anyway, but with work and busy kids, I'm approaching overwhelmed very quickly. I spent last night helping my daughter with her late homework. Why does she do that?????!!!!! She is not exhibiting the worry-filled personality of her mother, which is good, for the most part, but she could increase her "sense of urgency" a bit! By the way, I'm not asking for sympathy at all, just verbalizing!!

TGIF!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #300  
Rennie

Slashnl
Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. It can turn the day upside down. I don't help with late homework. You don't do it when you should, you get to suffer the consequences. There are little ways to reduce stress, that is one of them. I am a pretty stress free person. I just don't let things get to me 90% of the time. When they do I just melt down so I don't allow it lol. Guilt is what I am good at. I feel guilty that my daughters hair doesn't curl like the girls on the tv commercial. I feel guilty that her legs are to short and she doesn't have blue eyes. I feel guilty when the cat wants out and isn't allowed. NO wonder I have no stress. I have to much guilt lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-13-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread