Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #151  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi everyone.

Just noticed The Biggest Loser starts tonight on NBC. I always feel so unfit when I watch that as they exercise so much. It makes me want to get up of the couch. That can't be a bad thing.

I don't think it matters what day you weigh in for the pound a week challenge. I always get on the scales on a Thursday morning so will just stick to that.

Jo good to hear your dog is back to her normal self.

Anyone seen Kimush posting recently? Wonder how she is.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #152  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I haven't seen Kimush around.

Also, where's Susan, Cammie, and Laura (iminhere) on this thread?? I've seen Susan's name elsewhere, but not here. And haven't seen the others.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Watching Not Chatting

Hey Ladies,
I'm here. I've been watching the boards rather than writing much. Work really turned up the heat lately, and I've been trying to get a ton done at home. (I can see the progress finally. I'm on this huge de-cluttering/ organizing binge. I bring a project in to my living room area, sort through it, recycle a ton and throw some out...eventually getting the "looked through stuff" to a more right place. I'll be doing this for years, I think, but the volume of stuff has definitely gone down. I even found Christmas presents that I misplaced in past years. Now to find the wrapping paper...)
I've been lifting weights in a more focused manner as well as getting my walking in. My nutrition is ok...but going past Starbucks is still not easy.
Ahh, the joys of coffee and tea...
Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.
Cammie
Old 09-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #154  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ladies,
I've been watching this forum, but I'm always afraid of these huge chat threads, it's hard to get to know everyone and get caught up, but I'd like to try.
I'm 45 as of last month. I have a 2.5 month old dd and an almost-4 year old ds and I live in Colorado. I work full time - telecommute 2 days a week. DH is self employed computer consultant. We watch the baby at home while DS goes to daycare/pre-school.
I've been heavy since puberty. My lowest adult weight was 165 and I haven't seen that in a LONG time, like 15 years. I am currently doing well with a high protein/good carb plan that my nutritionist put me on. I'm nursing, so I can't cut calories too much.
I seem to have an allergy to exercise but I am working on getting into my schedule on a regular basis. If you read the journals here at 3FC, you probably know me.
I am planning on losing 15 lbs by mid-November when we go for our family Christmas photo. I will work on reading the rest of this thread and getting to know you all better.
Kim
Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #155  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Ottoette! Glad you decided to join in. There are a lot of us who are exercise-phobic, so you'll fit right in! I passed up on exercise yesterday to go out to lunch. Good choice..... not!

I've been frantically busy lately. The kids stuff is overwhelming and then my husband has been out of town, too. Oh, and the job!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #156  
But I went to college!!!

S/C/G: 205/192.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

My name is Serena, I turned 40 in July and I desperately need to lose almost 70 lbs. I am a SAHM of three children, ages 9, 7 and 16 months. I started gaining weight in my late 20s, and after three pregnancies (which I used as an excuse to feel comfortable with my weight) I found myself at 205 lbs.

I find that it makes me incredibly self-conscious, afraid to meet new people or see people from my past who havent seen me in many years. I dont know how I let it get this bad, but I am determined to do something about it this time. I have lost 12 lbs so far, and am so proud of myself--this is the farthest I have ever gotten.

I think support is going to be the key for me. To connect with others in a similar situation will hopefully keep me motivated and in turn help me to motivate others. In reading the posts here, I already find I have a lot in common with Kim and her goals. I am looking forward to joining this group and becoming an active member!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #157  
One pound at a time.

Welcome Kim and Serena.

Jump right in and chat. We're a friendly bunch.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #158  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I walked today! Just 15 minutes, but it's a start! 15 minutes full-bore with the baby in the snugli.

Hi Serena!
I can relate to your story. It's amazing how weight can affect our personalities!

Last edited by Ottoette; 09-06-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #159  
One pound at a time.

Kim 15 minutes with the baby that counts as double.

Forgot to say I weighed this morning and stayed the same.

I was given a photograph this morning a friend took of me last month and I was shocked

I look dreadful like man mountain.

If that's not incentive I don't know what is!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #160  
But I went to college!!!

Kim, way to go!!! 15 min full throttle with the baby--that's awesome!

I found a picture of myself from 1991 the other day...I cannot believe how nice I looked, and I still thought I was overweight back then...and I realize now that I was probably 130 lbs! Why didnt enjoy it while it lasted? LOL! Anyway, I put the picture on the fridge yesterday as an added incentive. My 7 yr old son said, "Who's that?" When I told him it was me, he said, "Huh. You look....different". Yeah, that's an understatement!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlekids3 View Post
Kim, way to go!!! 15 min full throttle with the baby--that's awesome!

I found a picture of myself from 1991 the other day...I cannot believe how nice I looked, and I still thought I was overweight back then...and I realize now that I was probably 130 lbs! Why didnt enjoy it while it lasted? LOL! Anyway, I put the picture on the fridge yesterday as an added incentive. My 7 yr old son said, "Who's that?" When I told him it was me, he said, "Huh. You look....different". Yeah, that's an understatement!
That reminds me of a photo DH and I ran across the other day. It must have been taken 18-22 years ago. I weighed about 20 pounds more than I do today, but DAMN--I was young!!! Not a wrinkle in sight!!! Kind of sucks getting old!! LOL
Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Photos

I understand about the photos.
I have a photo of me in a bikini in my medicine cabinet. I remember that I felt fat when that photo was taken...but, really, I can see ribs, hip bones, and a hint of a 6 pack. (My mom said, "You were never really toned back then..." Translation: yeah, you were slender, but not buff.)
Ahhhh, I'm going to get back there...I've been battling this bulge issue for almost 10 years now. I'm going to get my body back!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #163  
But I went to college!!!

Heck, I wouldnt care if I was buff or not, as long as I could wear a bikini! LOL What I am most looking forward to short term, is being to shop with my best friend in the same clothing section, instead of her in the Misses section and me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over on the plus side!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #164  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Everyone,
Is it okay if I join it too?

I've been on this site before, but left for awhile, now I realized how much I missed it here.
My name is Diana and I'm 45, no children yet, but I keep thinking that once I lose the weight I want I'll end up pregnant. That's okay with me though!!

I'm doing Atkins and started around the begining of April 07. I want to get down to 180 by Thanksgiving. I hope I get there!

I look forward to talking to all you ladies. I'm usually online quiet often because I'm computer for work all the time. My boss doesn't get mad at me because he's my dad! LOL!!

Talk to ya soon!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #165  
One pound at a time.

Diana the more the merrier, join in

I think I should hang up that photo on my fridge to remind me how big I am.
Closed Thread