Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #376  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Carri- 11 pounds is sooooo amazing!!

Liz-hope everything with Dh jobs works out!

Arabella-Thanks I would love the low carb muffin recipe pls

Auntie-Congrats on 4 pounds!! Have fun at the wedding!

Ok ladies I am glad that you all knocked some sense into me bc I really needed it. There will be no diet pills for this lady!!
Looks like everyone had a great week and saw results!

I weighed this morning and was 188!!!! I saw 188.4 for a min then 188 3 times! I am soooo happy! I hope I can keep up with the 1.6 pound loss every week.
Dh and my mom are on me and say I dont need to lose anymore weight and that they are worried about me. Dh says I am obsessed with weight loss....he just doesnt understand. When you count calories you have to think about the food you eat all day everyday and he doesnt get it. I am currently in a 14 and can squeeze into a 12 but have muffin top. Since having 2 kids my stomach skin just is not tightening at all But I don't plan on stopping this anytime soon so they can all just get over it...I feel like I am doing this as healthy as possible so they shouldnt worry. Its not their body and they dont have to look in the mirror at it everyday.
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #377  
One Day at a Time...

Oh and I forgot to add I am officially 20 pounds away from my goal!!! Yay!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

auntie g - Congrats on 4lbs!!! How awesome! And enjoy your niece's wedding!

Arabella - I've never been to Halifax but I bet it's pretty! I've been around PEI, I love it out east, so beautiful. That's so nice you can join DH for his travels - is he living out there then and you visit once per month? How long then until he retires? Lots of changes going on but sounds exciting!

Mel - Congrats on 188!!! I wouldn't let them bug you...I've had people say to me along the way that I am getting too small....ridiculous really. They're just not used to seeing me this way. You're right you have to think about calories and what you eat everyday. DH's birthday is tomorrow and he wants chinese food for dinner, I said that's fine I'll just plan for it in my calories...he said it's only one day...yes it is only one day, but this is for forever.

Well, as for me, I had a major whoosh week, 2.8 down. I have no idea how that happened, still eating like normal but I am doing more exercise. Anyhow I'll take it! So only 3.6 pounds from goal now! I am slowly transitioning into maintenance, I've upped my calories 50 per day and so far I am still losing. I've done the extra 50 for the last week. I wonder if I should up them a bit more - maybe I'll go to an extra 100 per day. I am starting to get excited about buying clothes I can wear for a while, instead of transition clothes...I have the shopping itch! Anyways DS is out of his room from "quiet time" - he gave up nap time a long time ago so I try to get 30 minutes of quiet time now...don't usually get it though! Hope everybody has a great day.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #379  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- Congrats on only being 3.6 pounds away from goal, I am soooooo proud of you!! You have done so well and deserve it! I can't wait to go crazy shopping when I hit goal! I would up your calories to 100 and see what happens...what does DH say about all this?

Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #380  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I've been reading the posts as much as I could the past few days. We had a end of quarter deadline at work but we made it and our data looks pretty good...setting us up for success at the end of the next quarter.

I can't believe all the major losses this week! You ladies rock! I'm embarrassed that I only had a .75 lb loss but a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

I see that a lot of us are striving for a 2 lb loss a week and that is my new offical goal as well. I have several weddings in late summer and I sure would like to show up at them being 25-30 lbs thinner. Wishing doesn't do it..I need to get moving and back to recording those calories and just not the food..numbers don't lie!

I have sort of had this mind set that I'm waiting to hear the outcome of my mamo recheck on April 13 but you know, it doesn't matter what that ourcome is, I'm close to 300 lbs and I NEED, HAVE TO, WANT to get this weight off--for looks and for my health!

So, I'm not waiting one more day! I'll press forward and if I need to work around something I will but it will include getting this weight off!

I got the bedroom all done up now, the new mattress and boxsprings arrived yesterday. I'll try to get some pictures of it today while everything is neat and orderly! I try to keep things that way all the time but there is something about that "just cleaned" look!

Arabella: I guess I'm behind on where you have been staying? It sounds fun to explore a new town.
You are right that getting up on a horse is a interim goal. I would say 249 lbs. I've seen in ads where they don't want you to be over 250--hard on the horse I think?!
As for your boiled egg breakfast..I have that everyday! with a Greek yogurt and I love it! :-) Sometimes I will have 1/2 a bagel too.

Liz: Almost at goal!!! Go shopping and take pics.....you are going to have a blast trying on all those new THIN clothes!

Carri: 11 lbs in a month! You are my role model girl!!

Auntie G: When you got back on track you really got back on track! Keep up the good work.

Mel: 20 lbs away from goal?! You are doing great..keep it up!

Ky30: How are things with you.

Ok..I think I got everyone. Now off to get dressed for church and nuriosh my soul!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #381  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Steppin' to it, here: Over 15000 steps yesterday -- had a brainwave before dinner that I could sit down and have a glass of wine or two and some rice crackers or I could go for a walk while dinner was cooking and there'd be 4-500 calories in the difference. So off I went! I'm already nearly at 10000 after our Sunday walk. Walking to a symphony performance this aft so will easily be over 14000 today.

Carri, I adapted this recipe. As is, it makes a reasonable quick bread type thing. You can make it in a square or rectangular pan, cut in squares and slice in half horizontally. It makes a good sandwich.

I left out the olive oil because I don't think it's needed -- lots of fats in the flax meal and almond meal -- but maybe it would be better as is. I just added enough water to it to make it pourable.

You could adapt for any kind of muffins, I think. I added about 1/3 c. xylitol to sweeten. It's my favorite sweetener. Tastes just like sugar but without the raunchy aftertaste and zero net carbs. I added lemon zest and cranberries and used lemon juice to thin the batter instead of water and it was really good. You could add grated carrots, cinnamon, etc. to make a carrot muffin. Blueberries, grated apple, whatever.

Susie, that's funny -- I usually have boiled eggs and yogurt in a bowl. I hear you on the "wishing not working" thing. It amazes me sometimes how long I can go on "sort-of" working at it. And having no loss. And I feel like I'm making an effort -- not like I'm not trying at all, eh? But, as you say, numbers don't lie. And my scale hasn't been moving much in a very long time. Let's do this thing!

Mel, there you go again! Yay, and congrats! Your goal sounds perfect to me -- same thing I'm doing, heading for healthy range but not looking to go too skinny. At my age, I wouldn't be doing my face any favours. Yeah I'm vain.

Liz, I live in Charlottetown. It is beautiful here but the winters are loooooooong.

SO fantastic that you're almost at goal. You just went like a rocket, from my perspective. MAJOR kudos to you!

Auntie g, FOUR pounds is FABULOUS!

Hahahaha, frankly, just about any change in my routine is apt to throw me off. I was just extra determined this time and am determined to stay that way.

Ah, you're still a spring chicken. Did I mention I'm 56? Very immature for my age though.

K, let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #382  

Hey ladies!!

Susie - Yes post pics of your "new" room! I love getting different decorating ideas! And you sound so ready, I know you are going to continue doing great with your weight loss!

Arabella - We stayed right by Charlottetown. I would imagine the winters are very long! You might guess we visited in the summertime, haha! And you know to me too, this has been very fast. I really feel like I've been very lucky - for whatever reason my body just really responded. I guess both of us were ready, lol.

Mel - DH still looks at me weirdly sometimes, like he doesn't quite recognize me, and he has a strange compulsion it seems to pick me up, because he keeps doing it! All in all he is very happy for me and us!

It really hit me this weekend that I've lost a lot of weight when my sister was complaining to me about how she is the fat sister now, sounds terrible but that made me feel good!! lol (she's only 10 pounds more than me, so she's not fat anyways - which I did assure her of! ) And then my other sister was saying she has a shirt that is not fitting her, and she was going to give it to me. That was a crazy shocker, because she's always been the small sister. And I took my mom to her best friend's 70th birthday party - I hadn't seen them for a while and they asked to see my driver's license, they didn't believe it was me!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #383  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, I did have a great weekend, and stayed OP even with having a couple of slices of thin crust pizza on Saturday night !!
I did get down another pound over the weekend too, so I am feeling really in the groove now ....really !

Auntie G - GREAT job on the 4 pds down...see what can happen when we stick to the plan ? Oh and the pics of the wedding were beautiful on fb...she made a really pretty bride.

Arabella - thanks for the recipe, I will have to try it out...I love muffins so if I did like these it would be great for me.

Mel - see the scale did move You are doing a great job !!!

Liz - I would love to have dh look at me weirdly that way cant wait for that kind of attention ....congrats on being so close to goal, cant wait to follow you in maitenence.

Susie - let us know how the mammo results come out...fingers crossed for you...and you are right, time goes on...we gotta press forward and do it anyhow, no matter what comes up...although it is hard.

HOpe everyone has a great Monday...dark and stormy here, lots of thunder and lightening, makes me want to get back in bed and sleep

Later,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #384  

Thumbs up At last, at last!

I got to move my ticker! Actually lost 2.6 but can't get tracker to show decimals. YAY!!!

Carri, you're really rocking along! Hope you like the recipe -- you could probably adjust and make it more almond meal and less flax meal. I think that'd improve the flavor. The lemon-cranberry ones I made were really good. I'm going to try carrot next, I think... could even top with sweetened yogurt cheese (it's really like cream cheese) for a carrot cake effect...

Liz, I've got two sisters that have had weight problems too. Sometimes we've all lost weight at the same time and sometimes one or the other of us will be the thin one or the fat one. One of them is only 10-15 pounds overweight now and the other one maybe 25. Guess I know what that makes me. : But not for long!

Let's make this a great week!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #385  
One Day at a Time...

Hey ladies hope everyone is having a great Monday. It is Spring break here so the house is crazy with the kids running around. There is a big storm going through so they have to stay in the house and they hate it lol Dh is out driving in this so I always worry.
Stayed OP for the weekend minus the big burger I had last night, first time we have grilled out in awhile and it was sooooo good! I of course bought the least fat hamburger if that helps anything lol Sorry for not doing personals but the kids are wanting lunch. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #386  

Arabella - I use ticker factory, that way I can show decimals! I feel a little obsessive, but I like it that way!

Carri - Good job girl! I like to fit in a little thin crust pizza here and there, too! Me love pizza. It's hard to stop at one or two pieces, but that's the deal!

Mel - Hope the storm stops soon and you can let those boys loose! Jacob's going nuts here too, he's sick and it's damp out...sick but not sick enough to be sleeping, just enough to keep him in which drives him and us crazy! I am locked in my office trying to work and he just keeps coming and banging on my door every once in a while - my mom tries to keep him occupied but it's a challenge. And hope your DH is home soon!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #387  

Thumbs up

here today, dark and cold. A nice day to be indoors. However, I might just put on a rain jacket and go out for my walk anyway. Other wise, I'll hop on the and watch "Ghost Whisperer." Three days in a row I've gotten over 14000 steps. A wee bit tired today so I may just stick with 10000.

Want to hear something funny? I said I was 56 -- but I'm not, I'm only 55. Ever since I was 36, I have this tendency to think that I'm a year older when my birthday's still four or five months away. Fifty-FIVE. There, I feel younger already!

Mel -- mmmmm, big burger. I think that's what we'll have this Friday night. DS's birthday tomorrow and we're having pizza but I'm going to stick to a single piece of low-carb variety plus salad. And no cake for this chickie.

Liz, I thought it was you I'd noticed with decimals in your ticker. I've been rounding off to the nearest whole number but maybe I'll check out ticker factory.

to all. Let's make this day a big success!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #388  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, I do seem to be going right along now that I am in the groove, I snuck on the scales this morning and saw another pound down to 221 ...I really want to be in the 2 teens by end of this coming weekend, but we will see...

Arabella - how do you make your low carb pizza ? do you use a crust or just melt the toppings and cheese on a plate and eat ? yes, please dont make yourself older than you are ...

LIz - yes pizza is my absolute FAVE food, so it is hard to stick with only two pces but would be even harder for me to stay away from it altogether, so I guess we just make the sacrifices...

Mel - we had the same weather yesterday, and it was awful here too ...but today is beautiful and sunny....you really have me wanting a grilled hamburgar now, nothing better than that and some fresh corn in the summer

Hi to Auntie G and Susie !!!!

Have a good day everyone...I brought a LC pizza today for lunch, their deluxe french bread kind...doesnt sound that great to me but guess I will eat it ...not as good as regular pizza, haha

see ya,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #389  

Carri, recipe's here. You just spread the crust out on the baking pan. Best to cook it for 10 minutes. Then after it cools you treat it the same as any other pizza - add sauce and toppings and cook until they're done and cheese (if you add it) melted/browned/whatever you like.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #390  
One Day at a Time...

arabella- I love ticker factory bc I feel like every little bit matters Yay for all your steps!

liz- DH got home ok, today is cold and cloudy boo!

Carri-yay for another pound down...you are rocking it!

Been a cold day here ready for it to warm up tomorrow! Did my BL workout dvd today so thats good. I was wondering what you all do when you have a big sugar craving? I have been having a lot and find it hard to stay away...I need suggestions lol Have a great day everyone!