Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #466  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies.

I am happy to report that the paint looks good and I took some pics last night so I'll try and post them this week. I've got to put the house back together tonight. It is driving me crazy to have things out of place and when I feel anxious or overwhelmed I eat...my DH was great and only bought me one box of peeps for Easter (I LOVE peeps)..well..they are gone as of this morning.

Cari: TOM is hard to fight those cravings. You can do it...keep water at hand, gum at hand and I used to find that tootise roll suckers helped me.
That is a good idea for me; I need to keep them on hand when I feel the urge to eat due to anxiety or being overwhelmed.

Liz: I hope things stay well on your job front. I know this routine too well. Hang in there and hope for the best and just keep yourself flexible...it's all you can do.

Arabella: That is a good NSV! Good for you for staying on track!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #467  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies just want you all to know I am still around! Afraid to get on the scale LOL If it is shocking in the morning then its back on the wagon I go! Today is Dhs birthday

We have had the worst weather lately...waiting for more to hit soon,then more tonight and a huge storm tmw

Hope everyone is doing well!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #468  

Hi Mel: Good to hear from you. I hope you stay safe from the storms. We have been dealing with severe weather in Ohio as well.
I hope that DH is having a good birthday.

I have been in the habit of getting a snack when I come home from work. It would be ok if it had stayed healthy like it was in the beginnng but it hasn't been. It's turned into BAD food and way to much of it. So, tonight is my first night of coming home and not having a snack before dinner. I feel like a alcoholic--I guess I am a food-a-holic or I wouldn't be in the shape that I'm in, so tonight--I'm doing it, I'm NOT having a snack before dinner--which is in about 15 min--thank god!

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - Hope you're winning against your TOM cravings! I saw your cupcake post on facebook, haha! It's weird I would have thought I'd be happy to tell people what I weigh too but I think it's just the principle of the thing, y'know? Although I was very happy to write my weight on my passport application!

Susie - Glad the paint looks good! You're probably right just to try to avoid that snack if you can, or have healthy options available and only be "allowed" to choose those.

Mel - Hope DH had a good birthday! And hope the scale was nice to you. We had some wicked weather today, that's for sure!

Hope everybody had a good day...I spent it driving through torrents of rain to visit customers. I am so tired today. Last night we had baptism prep for my nephew's baptism which is on Sunday...and then Katie was up for a while last night driving us nuts. Early night tonight hopefully...but oh I hear Katie's up...I just put her down!! ARGH. Talk to you guys tomorrow!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #470  

Good morning. The sun is shining here this morning in Ohio and I hope it lasts! I will choose to enjoy it right now and let the rest be what will be.

Tonight is TOPS weigh-in for me. I'm so afraid those scales are going to be up big time--I battled that Easter Candy until last night when I was succesfull to not have the "home from work" snack.
It is hard to go weigh-in when I think I'm up but not doing so doesn't change it, so I'll face the number and move on from there. That is the good thing about it. We ALL can change that number on the scales.

Liz: I hope your DD went back to sleep last night easily and I hope you got some rest. I know when I'm tried, I have a "craving" to eat sweets--I'm learning that the thing to do when that happens is to just go to sleep or rest my eyes for a bit.

I don't always look at the info on the 3fatchick home page but this morning a article about weight flucuations caught my eye. I know that many of us on here weigh daily--and I think it can be a good idea to do that if it keeps you on track--but it is important to have set day/time that you "count" as your official number for that week.

Hopefully seeing these reasons and making note of them will help with those scale frustrations that we often have.

Here is the info:

Checking weight loss or gain is something you may do while you’re on a diet. You’ve worked very hard to eat right and exercise, but it can be discouraging when the numbers seem to increase rather than decrease. This may occur due to a number of things. Before you become discouraged, consider these 6 factors that will cause fluctuations in scale weight.

1. Fluid Retention and Menstruation
Fluid retention is a big factor in scale fluctuations. It seems to hit you the hardest before your menstruation. This happens due to hormonal changes in your body. You are more likely to retain extra fluids during your menstruation than any other time of the month. This weight gain from fluid retention is only temporary. Once your menstruation comes on, the fluid will slowly reduce.

2. Lack of Bowel Movement
Full bowels can add up to 2 pounds of extra weight. This is particularly discouraging if you haven’t eliminated your bowels in a couple of days. Your intestinal tract is one of the largest organs in your body. One of its functions is to hold your body’s waste products until you eliminate it. Constipation or the lack of bowel movement affects your weight each day. Adding fiber to your diet and drinking plenty of water helps eliminate this problem and keep scale weight from fluctuating.

3. High Amounts of Sodium
Consuming too much sodium leads to fluid retention and temporary weight gain. Checking your weight after eating a salty meal can show scale changes. The fluids in your body will increase to remove any excess sodium you have. Limit your sodium intake by using unsalted spices instead of table salt.

4. Undigested Food
Undigested food can temporarily add weight. Undigested food needs to be broken down properly by your gastrointestinal system. Depending on what you eat, this process may take time. A diet high in insoluble fiber, such as beans, may influence how your weight displays on a scale.

5. Lack of Sleep
The lack of sleep can alter your eating habits and cause weight gain. You may end up eating a lot of sugary foods during this time to increase your energy. Unfortunately, the increased numbers on your scale reflect this. You should aim for at least 8 hours of sleep each night. The more energized you feel, the less you tend to overeat during the day.

6. Stress
Stress causes numerous problems including increased weight. Even having one stressful day can make your scale weight fluctuate. Stress also may increase your appetite. You may eat more that day to calm down or relax.

Checking your weight throughout the day will show you different numbers. Your weight fluctuates all day long due to your daily activities. The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning. Do this when you first wake up. Your body digested any food you may have eaten for dinner and your fluid levels are low as well. Also be consistent when checking your weight. Aim for the same time each morning.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #471  

Hey Susie!! Hope things went well at TOPS. Yes DD went back down pretty easily, she's been sleeping so much better lately, thank god!! That's true about daily weighing, I only take my first morning weigh in as my "official" weight for the day...and even that's not completely official, as I update my ticker weekly (tomorrow!!).

Hope everybody's doing well...busy busy with work and everything....DH's new job is keeping me busier as I have more to worry about with the kids now since he's not around as much. But I feel like we have a more regular schedule which is nice too. Anyhow I'll be checking in tomorrow for weigh in! Hoping to be down a little bit anyways, I haven't really moved too much since the beginning of April.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #472  

Good morning Ladies.

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss for the week! I kept track of my food this past week and there you go...it does make a difference---at least for me.

Tonight I'm babysitting my nephews for a while while my brother and his partner go to a wedding. I'm glad they are going to get out for a bit and without children. I don't think they have done that since they got Aiden last July! It's been a awhile since I took care of a infant but I think it will all come back to me.

Doing some housecleaning this morning and I need to plan the grocery list. We usually do grocery shopping on Saturday but with babysitting we aren't going to be able to get it done in time and a clean house is more important to me!

Liz: I think a having a regular schedule would be a good tradeoff! I hope you see a loss on the scales this morning and you get to move your ticker number down.

DH just said breakfast is ready, so I better go!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #473  

Susie - Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! Nice that you get to take care of your nephews, and yes I'm sure it will come back to you - it's like riding a bike I think!

We just finished our shopping and also took the kids to the park, now DH & DS are out together and DD is sleeping, so I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on work, blech!! I am also happy to report a loss, I'm down 2.6! It's a whoosh that's been building for a few weeks. Things were really *ahem* moving yesterday so I'm not surprised. I've moved my goal to 133, sort of stupid but I'd like to lose an even 100 pounds. Hope everybody has a great day, it's a beautiful one here!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #474  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default May? Are you sure?

So. A day before WI and I'm down .2... still hoping that it's the low-carb pizza from Friday night and that I'll have a reasonable loss tomorrow.

I'm gearing up to finally try hot yoga tomorrow. I've ordered some lightweight, loose capri-length sports pants. From what I hear, people are just soaking, puddles-on-the-floor wet by the time they leave. But I'll just have to wear my sweat pants and bear it for the first little while, I guess.

Carri, yes, carbs are like a bad boyfriend -- they make you feel crappy, sap your will and somehow make you crave them too much too break up with them. Bah!

Liz, congrats on the nice loss! Excellent when one's body decides to cooperate pre-WI. Thx so much for the broccoli -- really a better choice than the banana.

Susie, congrats on the 2 pounds gone! Especially when you were a bit worried. So good that you went to WI and were rewarded for it. I think it's pretty generally accepted that tracking is associated with success. Too easy to "forget" a little bit of this and that otherwise.

Mel, our weather's been horrible too. First day of May and we're not much above freezing today. How was the WI?

Auntie g How's everything in your corner of the world?

K. Back to getting caught up on housework. Hi ho...

Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi all! Sorry, I don't know what's happened to the weekend, but I can't seem to get time to catch up yet. I lost .5 this week, which doesn't really impress me, but given all the salty hard boiled eggs I ate, not to mention the chocolate that sneaked in, I guess I shall be happy with it.

Hope to catch up soon. Have a good week, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #476  

Hello! Yesterday was a busy day with church, and getting grocery shopping finished and other things around the house.

Liz: The babysitting on Sat went well...it was just like you said...just like riding a bike!
Congratulations on that loss! I don't blame you for moving your tracker. I would want to show a 100 lbs loss as well.

Arabella: How was the hot yoga? I have done yoga in the past and it all feels hot to me! I know there is a difference in style but really..just holding a pose and breathing..really warms up your body.

Auntie: Let's celebrate the .5 loss--a loss is a loss!
While the hard boiled egss might be salty, they have a lot of protein which is good for weight loss.

Mel & Carri: Hope things are going well for you.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #477  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls....I was not OP the entire weekend...so I have no good weightloss to report...I actually probably have some weight gain to report but not gonna step on that scale, haha

I have been away too long ( last four days ) to do individual replies to all, but did want to give a shout out to Susie and Auntie G for the losses, and hope I didn’t miss anyone !! Sorry if I did...

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #478  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I managed to get 1.4 off at WI, which is less than I want but still better than nothing. Woohoo?

Crazy day yesterday -- too many things going on to even list but... got through it and did everything I needed to do and still got all my steps, plus did an hour and 15 mins of hot yoga. I'm hoping today will be a bit more of a "catch my breath" day. Meaning nothing, except for hot yoga, outside of the usual mad whirl...

Susie, hot yoga is especially hot because it's practiced in a very hot room -- around 100 F. The heat helps loosen your muscles so you can get deeper stretches and all the sweating detoxes. I have to admit I'm wiped, but that should get better soon.

to all!

K, I'd best get showered up and start being productive. Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #479  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Well ladies I am back and do not have good things to report. I weighed in this morning at 193.2 Gaining 5 pounds is def not what I had planned. I blame myself for eating everything in sight and never looking at the calories. So its time to get back into the lifestyle!! I will say that I haven't had any energy and this constant rainy weather is not helping. I should have know when I lift my shirt and stomach looks a lot bigger (guess all 5 pounds went straight to my stomach!).

So I would love to come back if its ok with you wonderful ladies I need the daily chat to keep me accountable and I know that now. I also need to hide the scale until sat and count everything that goes in my mouth.

Dh found me another treadmill at a yard sale that folds up so I can have it in the corner of the living room I pulled it in front of the TV and did a brisk walk for a little over a mile....I had a good sweat going (starting off slow for now).

Thank you all for still being here and I hope to have more success with you all!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #480  

It seems as if most of us are struggling a bit--it's hard to be "on" every day and sometimes we can go for long times doing it and then we get off track.
Many things can affect this: I know for me the weather and the rain, rain, rain and now cold aren't helping. I feel tired and blah..so I eat sugar..and then feel even more so.

I'm glad that I can come to a place where people understand but also a place where people cheer me on to get back on track and stay there. So, for those of us who need to get back on track, we can do this, we just need to get busy and DO it.

Mel: Of course we want you to be here!

Cari: I hope you are having a great day and that you are back On Plan today!

Arabella: Congrats on the loss! and yeah for you for trying the hot yoga.

Liz: How is the day going?

I'm excited to watch BL tonight..it's makeover week! That always inspires me!