Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #496  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

My walk with my friend last night was so good...we walked for about 45 min and talked a lot...it felt good to just talk and catch up.
I read somewhere that instead of meeting girlfriends for coffee or dessert, meet and walk and talk. I'm trying to do that.
They are not necessarily "exercise walks", but I figure we are moving and that is better than sitting.

Liz: I'm glad to hear your Mother's Day was a good one. Also good to hear that DH's job is going well.

I like the idea of distracting yourself with projects. That would work for me too because I like to put things in order..so that would "kill two birds with one stone", so to speak. I have a lot of organizing projects to do--spring cleaning projects.

I wish I had a money tree in my backyard too..I could do SO MUCH with more money!

Carri, Auntie G, Arabella, Mel: Hope you are all doing ok and that we hear from you soon.

Food for May 10, 2011
B=greek yogurt, 1 cookie (I really need to get my eggs boiled so they are ready for my breakfast!), water

L=grilled veggie panni with pizza sauce, snack size chips, water

Snack=2 pieces of low-fat swiss cheese, 1/4 cup almonds

D=1 ear of corn with butter, steamed brocolli, grapes, water
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #497  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Yo, yo!

I'm finding it a bit extra busy since starting hot yoga. Makes sense, I guess, that taking an hour or more out of almost every day would do that. But I think I'm already starting to notice benefits and will be interested to see where I am by the end of this month.

Susie, good for you logging your food! I'm seeing a nice loss in your WI future!

Liz, when you get set up with your money tree, will you send me a root?

Mel, hope TOM is kind to you.

Carri, Auntie g How's it going?

BTW, I am very happy for all of you with nice weather. This has been the coldest, rainiest, dreariest spring in memory here. Surely to the gods the sun must shine again some day. Right?
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #498  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Liz- TOM hasn't totally got here yet but PMS cravings is killing me!

Susie-yay for not giving in to the cravings!

Arabella-hope the hot yoga pays off for you

Well ladies I can def say I'm not on track...seems like whenever TOM comes (every 3 months) the PMS cravings are horrible! I was down to 191 before this hit and I feel like I am never full
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - Glad to hear you had a nice walk! Definitely moving is better than sitting. I don't do crazy hard walks but I figure just getting out there and going is a good thing. It's funny with organization, I was thinking one day I'd run out of projects but it just turns out that more things come along I find! A good thing, too.

Arabella - Wow an hour a day? That's commitment, girl!! Glad to hear you're seeing results! And I'm sorry to hear you're having so much rain!! Come on sunshine!

Mel - PMS cravings suck...must be especially bad when it's only every 3 months. God knows what mine will be like when TOM finally decides to rear its ugly head.

Well ladies I don't remember if I mentioned it but we had my nephew's baptism on May 5th and it went really well! I wanted to post a comparison pic for you since we got a few nice ones - I was kind of waiting to do a pic when I got to goal but I'm not sure I really care about getting to 133 anyways.... The first pic is from DS' baptism in March of 2008, I think I was around 260.

Hope everybody's having a good evening and I'll probably check in with all of you tomorrow!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #500  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- All I can say is OMG you look amazing!!! I am so proud of you!!

Getting frustrated bc for a few days the scale was going down half a pound a day, the past few days it's been going up half a pound a day. 193.6 this morning but TOM also hit in full force this morning too so I don't know
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #501  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...sorry I have been MIA...we have been in CO for the last week, well since last Thursday...we had it planned, because it was for dh's uncles memorial...they live in CO ...but I dont like mentioning online when I am going to be away from my home for a long time...I know, I am paranoid...so anyway I didnt forget you all just was in another state !! We had a good time, it was the first time I had been to CO and I loved seeing the snow topped mountains...we did spend a day in the Rockies and it was just beautiful, loved the fresh mountain air...but as always very glad to be back home...

I am SO afraid to get on the scale...his aunt had everything catered and we ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner out all week, so as you can imagine I have probably put on 5-10...so pretty worried about that ...

Sorry I have been gone too long to do personal replies, but hope you all had a great week.

Liz - the difference in those two pics are AMAZING ...cant wait until I can have a set of pics like that...

Hi to everybody !! Missed ya !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #502  

Hi Ladies,

Today, during lunch, we have a training and they are serving us lunch. It will be from Panera. I LOVE Panera..and you know, there food is salty...not a good thing on weigh-in day. So, I'm going to stick to the salad and not the veggie sandwhich or maybe do half a sandwhich with the salad.

Then there is the cookie....I know I'm going to have one, but I'm going to make myself wait until the training is finished--try and space things out.

Liz: WOW, WOW, WOW! I'm going to post that pic around my house...the difference with you is amazing..and I can't wait until I can say that will be what I look like too!

Mel: Here's my thought on the PMS and the scale. Right now, you are not going to get a "true" weight. Your body is doing something it hasn't done for 3 months..that is going to throw everythng off. It's ok to look at the scales and see what the numbers say--just use it as a reminder to eat protein, and fiber...that will help fill you up and in the end it won't leave you with a weight gain when things get back to normal in about 7-10 days. Remember, after TOM is finished your body will need a few days to level back out.
I hope that gives you something to think about and helps with the frustration.

Arabella: I bet that hot yoga is making you feel so good! I hear you on the sunshine need. We had the exact same sort of spring...it was getting to be rather depressing.

I hope you are right about me having a good WI. I will say that logging my food here makes me think about it even more than just logging it on my own.

Cari: Where are you girl?

Auntie: I know you usually post on the weekend. Can't wait to hear from you.

Food for May 11, 2011
B=Strawberry greek yogurt, 1 breakfast cookie (I think I'm going to start looking into a good protein bar..I seem to like a little sweet with my breakfast and I'd like to give my body something good if I'm going to have the sweet--any suggestions?), water

L=PBJ, snack size chili-cheese fritos, grapes, water

Snack: Almonds (about 1/4 cup)

D= 3 tacos (made at home....I'm not much of a meat eater but I had a little in the taco..and then I filled it up with lettuce, peppers, olives..and salsa--u know what? I usually have to have sour cream and I just realized that I didn't have it last night--and who knew I wouldn't miss it until now?!), water.

Snack: Low-fat fudge bar
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Mel - Thanks!! TOM is totally messing with your weight, don't worry about it...stay on track and maybe stop weighing for a few days, you don't want to drive yourself crazy. Eat your cals and you know you'll be back to normal soon!

Carri - Not paranoid just a good idea! You just never know. It's so easy to figure out who someone is these days and it's better to be safe than sorry! Glad you had a nice time...I love the mountains, I went out to BC a few years ago it was just amazing to me the beauty of it. And thanks for the comments on my pics!

Susie - Thanks!! Yeah and probably logging my food here would make my choices more healthy, haha...sometimes I fit more junk into my calories than I really should..... As for breakfast, I love a bit of sweet too, I eat vita tops a lot or else I eat a breakfast muesli pita...it has raisins and apple in it the pita and it's oh so good. Very nice with my morning tea! And I always have a fruit of some kind, usually a few ounces of cut up apple or half a banana.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #504  

Good morning! Still grey here, and no glimpse of in the long-range forecast but at least it's not actively The good news is that I've got all my steps in already. The not-quite-so-good news is that I got it trying -- twice! -- to go to hot yoga.

I slacked a bit this a.m. and decided to forgo the 6:15 class and do the 8 o'clock one instead. So. Got dressed and left a bit early to get in some extra steps on the way. Important detail I'd forgotten: 8 a.m. class is only Tues. & Thurs. So I retraced my steps and figured I'd drive to the 9:30 class. However, even though I was earlyish, there was no parking nearby and by the time I'd found a spot and hiked back over, class had started.

Oh well. I got there 5/7 days last week and am aiming for 6 this week. And I can devote a little extra time to fluffing the nest so I'm extra cozy this evening.

DH is going to be away this weekend. I've deliberately not overbooked myself, which is my usual MO. Although tomorrow evening I'm taking my 9-year-old grandson and his 2-year-old brother to my brother's birthday party and then keeping them for a sleepover, it's both the same night and I intend to look after myself o/w.

Liz, you look FANTASTIC -- and although you look sparky in the before, you're doubly sparky now.

Susie, your walk sounds good! Such a nice way to socialize, too. Hot yoga is just getting to the point where I feel good afterwards. It's honestly so rigorous that I was exhausted afterwards for the first week.

Carri, you'll have whatever gain off again in a twinkling!

Mel, I bet you'll have a great loss next week.

Auntie g, hope all is well and we see you again soon!

K, I AM supposed to be working Back at it... Let's make this one COUNT!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #505  

That DARN scale! I GAINED a pound when I weighed in. I was upset! Still am, a bit. I did everything right and had a gain. BUT, I am determined and I know I'm on the right track..so when I weigh at TOPS in 2 weeks (can't weigh there next week, I have something to do and can't make the meeting) I will show a HUGE loss because I'm going to keep doing what I have been doing this week--I feel wonderful!--and it will pay off.
I will weigh myself at home next week just to make sure I stay on track.

I will celebrate a NSV--my husband asked if I wanted a milkshake last night--he was getting himself one..and I just knew if I had it it was because I wanted to soothe my frustrated desire to lose weight and it not showing up, so I turned it down. I can't think of the last time I made that sort of choice...yes, I can...it was about 5 years ago and I was 10 lbs from 199 and I had lost 70 lbs to get to that point. I AM/WILL get there again!!

Carri: Your trip sounds nice and don't worry about the scales this time...now that you are back and routine will kick in, you will get it back off..if you gained..you never know..it sounds like you got to relax a bit and that is always good for the body.

Liz: What are vita tops? Do you make them or buy them? and what about the breakfast muesli pita? They sound wonderful and I would love to try them. How many calories are in them?

Arabella: Enjoy your weekend and yeah for getting those steps in and you have done amazing with the yoga!

Food for May 12, 2011
B=Strawberry Greek Yogurt, 1 cookie, water
L= Panera Bread: greek salad (about 2 cups) with dressing, slice of french bread, 1 M&M cookie, water
D=1/2 Veggie sub, chips, grapes, water
Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #506  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi girls! AWOL again- just can't seem to get in here as often as I'd like to, but here I am. Down 3 lbs today, but it's been 2 weeks since I weighed in last. At least it's going in the right direction. Last week wasn't so good, so I skipped WI, but the train is back on track now.

Things are pretty stressful around here, as usual. Job's coming to an end very soon and I still have no idea what I'm going to do about that. I think I've been in denial, but it's time to figure something out! Sigh...

Susie, keep plugging away- if you're behaving, the scale's gotta give it up soon! And yay for turning down the milkshake!

Arabella, hope that sun shows up! We had a nice sunny week for the first time this season, but today the clouds and drizzle are back. Blecch! Have fun with the little ones!

Liz, you look fantastic! Very inspiring...

Carri, nope, not paranoid- just a good idea to not let the world know when your house will be empty! Glad you turned a sad occasion into something good, even if it does mean a few more pounds to deal with. Back to reality now...

Mel, hope things are straightening out for you and the scale!

Off to chore-ville. Have a good weekend, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #507  
One Day at a Time...

Carri- I am sure you will bounce back quickly!

Liz-I cant wait until this is over, then no more TOM for the summer!

Arabella-Sounds like you had a workout trying to get to your workout! Hope you have a great weekend with your grandkids!

Susie-Dont worry about a pound,I am sure your next WI with have a big whoosh! And yay for saying no to the milkshake!

Auntie-Congrats on the 3 pounds and getting back on track!! Hope everything works out with your job search!

I weighed in at 190.6 this morning, this TOM is messing with me! I just hope I dont bounce back up after! Hope everyone has a great weekend, I am going to try to get a freezer for the garage today. As if the fridge in the house and one in the garage werent enough but with 2 growing boys I try to stock up. Oh and I am a big couponer so if anyone else is too let me know

Sorry if this is short but I had a long post typed out and right before I was going to post it my computer shut down grrr!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #508  

Busy weekend here. It seems like Saturday's are always taken up with household chores.

We did have some fun Friday night. We are friends with a family that has 4 girls, 10, 8 and 4 (the last two are twins). We had the 10 and 8 year old stay overnight with us Friday night. They had a great time and so did we!

I'm getting ready for church this morning and then this afternoon, I will read and nap a bit. We are also planning on going to a late afternoon movie. My husband gets to pick this time and it's that movie with the Rock in it. Oh well...he is nice to look at!

Mel: Did you get a freezer? I use coupons too but I don't think I'm a "big couponer". I've seen those shows where people buy $500 worth of grocerys and pay like $100. Is that you? Maybe you can give me some tips!
I'm sure the number on the scales looked good. If it does pop back up then don't sweat it..remember, your body is balancing out.

Auntie: Congrats on your loss. You are loosing at the rate you should so don't downplay it. You are working hard to take off those pounds!

Food for May 13
B=Greek yogurt, 1 cookie, water
L=1/2 of Veggie sub, snack size chips, grapes, water
D= (Big Goy resturant) garden salad with dressing, onion rings, water
S=waffle bowl sundae with 2 scoops ice cream (I splurged...this was a treat that we had with the girls at home after watching "Tangled"--which is a very cute movie!

Food for May 14B=4 silver dollar pancakes with 3 p of bacon, water
L=1/2 grilled cheese (with lettuce and onion), pretzels, 1/2 cup potato salad, water
D=1/2 order of nachos with chili,and a TSP of sour cream (home made) 2 scoops of ice cream (ok..got THAT out of my system and out of the house!)
water.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 05-15-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #509  

Good morning, Wimmen, and welcome to the working week.

Also my WI day and ... drum roll, please... I actually got 2.8 off this week. Huzzah!

One day last week, I realized that there's one, single, simple thing I could do that would ensure weight loss. And that's eating only at the table when I'm alone, no reading, just letting food be food and not entertainment or a means of vegging.

I've sort-of realized this before but never as clearly as last week. I'm certain that if I just do that one thing, I will get to goal. Although other things are a help and will be continued.

Susie, don't worry about the single pound gain. Our bodies work oddly sometimes. You'll likely have a bigger loss this week to make up for it. As long as you do what you need to do, you WILL lose.

My one buttinsky comment: You're REALLY low in protein. I would be exhausted all the time. You should be having some protein at each meal.

Mel, hope TOM has left the building and left no pound behind.

Auntie g, congrats on the 3 off! Will you be able to get unemployment insurance when your job ends? I hope so!

Liz, Carri -- how's it going?

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-16-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #510  

It's a dreary Monday here and I have the "Rainy Day's and Monday's always get me down" blues. It will get better...just need to change my outlook today.

I brought my exercise equipment to work out at lunch but I just don't feel like fighting the crowd that will be there due to the rainy cold weather here, so I'm going to just catch-up on some reading during lunch..enjoy the quiet around me..because my head is noisy today.

Arabella: Way to go on the scale! and I think your tip on eating at the table with nothing else but you and the food is a good one. I'm not sure I could do it all the time, but I'm going to try to for my breakfast meal and then build up from that.

You are right that I am low on protein a lot of the time. I'm pretty much a vegeterian. I have a hard time eating any animal protein that comes with flesh. It's a texture thing and mental thing for me. So, I do the best I can and try to get in extra protein with eggs (they don't bother me) and greek yogurt and when I can beans and lential--DH is not a bean or lential fan. I do take a iron supplement to help me with my low levels and also a B12.
I have been like this since I was 8 yrs old.

Food for May 15, 2011
B= 2 Pancakes with and two slices of bacon, water
L=1/2 of Grilled cheese sandwhich with lettuce and onion, pretzals, grapes, water
D=grilled portbella with cheese, sweet potato fries, strawberries, water