Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #151  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Katie!

What's up, girl? You need a little reminding of how much you've accomplished, how unbelievably motivating you are to all of us here, and what a kick-a#% person you are? Well-you have and you are! However-I do understand the downer days. I treat them with a shopping trip! My poor, poor credit card . . . .I've can't seem to say no to new clothes (they are all on unbelievable clearance prices!)

Today I'm pretending I'm 18-with a camo skirt that's got the ripped bottom and gathered/ripped thingie on one side, with layed tanks in white and camo green and a cool white studded belt low on my hips. So-I'm 34-who cares? It's cute! (And the skirt is a 16-go me!)

Although-there was this report on the news about "vanity sizing"-so maybe it's not really a 16 . . . . .whatever.

This weekend I completed my first 20 miler of the season. It took quite awhile cause I was paired with this amazing 70 yr old woman who has emphysema and all the hills were hard on her. We had to stop a lot so she could catch her breath. And at the 16 mile mark-our coach sent us up Mt. Tabor (those of you in the Portland area will know it). It's 1 mile uphill and worse (for my knees), 1 mile downhill. It was also a gradual incline for the 3 mi prior which was hard for my walking-mate. So-again-it took forever. I was really proud of her though. She could have skipped the 1/2 mile up to the summit, but she wanted to do the whole thing.

So-we started at 6:15am and finished about 3:15-3:30ish. The last mile was tough-it had gotten pretty hot and there was no shade. But I felt pretty good-although I'd gotten a blister on my little toe before mile 10. I just tried not to think about it I named it Pierre. (I get to know my blisters very well.)

I think I'm going to be really ready for this marathon. We have 2 more 20 milers planned and I'll do several 1/2s and 16's before oct 1st. Woo hoo!

Last edited by juliemarie; 08-07-2006 at 11:51 AM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #152  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

G'morning girls!

I'm not going to WI today. My home scale was the same as Friday, and I feel all bloated too. WHne will this dang TOM end?!?!

DF did not do his grocery duty and I have no food left that I can eat. I just ordered a fruit salad and a cobb salad from McD's. They are in the book and I won't be going home til about 7:30 tonight.

We've got meet the teacher at 5:00 and them I'm going to WalMart and get my own dang food. SOmetimes I think DF wants me to stay fat. In fact, we had an argument this weekend in which he stated "You could do worse" when it came to me being with him. To me it sounds like he's saying I'm too fat to get anyone any better.

Ugh
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #153  
on the way to 60lbs lost

S/C/G: 211.8/208.2/150

Good morning ladies, just a real quick hi to everyone before I go weigh in. Talk to you guys soon.......POP to everyone.
kelly27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good afternoon chickies!

WI went well! I am down 2.4 from Friday's WI and .4 from last Monday's WI. What COD doesn't know is that I am really down 4.6 from Saturday morning after the drinking at the concert Friday! TO was my friend this weekend!

Katie - Sorry to see that you're feeling down today. We all have those days, and I know you mentioned some work/warehouse issues w/DH. But on the plus side, try to remember that you are such an inspiration for so many of us here, and we're all here for you if you need to vent. Also, you have such an amazing and supportive family. I'm sure if you need to talk to someone face to face, DH or your sister, or someone else will be there for you. Just remember your post from the "a year ago I was" thread!

Julie - WTG on the walk! You are another inspiration for me!

Kristi - WTG on the POP weekend! I know what you mean about going out. DH and I had that discussion this weekend. I told him that I can't go out to the sports bar with him for dinner like we used to because it was just inviting me to fail. I told him to PLEASE go with a friend, that I didn't mind if he did stuff without me, but for now I needed to focus on me. Sometimes we just need to remove the temptation to move forward. I know you'll make your goal this weekend. Keep your eye on the prize!

Jenni - Good job sticking to the salads at McDonalds! I can't do that - I won't even go near the drive through. I'm just not that strong! And I think Kristi is right about DF. He may feel threatened by your impending changes, even if he won't admit it. Maybe if you keep the communication open with him and tell him that you need him in your journey you will get the support you need. If not, then you know we are all here for you!

Hope everyone has a POP day!

Newbies, welcome!

Lori, HeatherCP, Evette, and anyone else I missed between this morning and afternoon, HI! Hope your weekend went well!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #155  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello Chickies!!

Well, it's that TOM for me also and it is kicking my butt! Cravings are haunting me. I've been eyeballing someone's Doritos in our cupboard. I did cheat, not with the Doritos, but with 4 cups of Orville Reddenbachers's smartpop pop corn. I added up the calories and it was only 60 calories,so I didn't feel too bad. The scales have been good to me. I'm down 1.5 pounds from 2 days ago and have held my weight at 155.5 for the past 2 days. So, I'm happy.

Katie: So sorry that you're feeling down! Please cheer up sweetie....after all you are my inspirationl

Julie: Great job on the walk. You "walking machine."

Kristie: I'm so happy for your POP weekend.

Cassie: Great job on the weight loss. Whoo-hoo

Where are all the rest of you? I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Take Care!

Last edited by winkie03; 08-08-2006 at 08:40 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

WTG Evette! You will be at your goal in no time! Shopping for any holiday party is going to be fun for you this year.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #157  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey y'all!
Howz things. Hockey for me is going to **** in the proverbial handbasket... Can nothing ever go smoothly???????????????? Sheesh!

WI was the same this morning as last Friday, but when I stepped on my scale this morning it was down 5 lbs! Hmmmm something fishy going on here - a-ha! The lip of the rug was under the scale at home. Rats! I really liked that 5 pounds!

JM - you so totally rock! I am sure you were very supportive of your walk buddy. How neat! Hi to Pierre....

Evette, nice loss! WTG, Girlie!

Sommer - you crack me up. Of course, no one's birthday is a interesting as yours.

Katie, sorry you are feeling blue.

Lea Ann, you can come do my house next. I am the same way. Mom won't care if there are cobwebs in the corners and dust on the tv, but I gotta get rid of it. It's too early to start decorating for Halloween! Mom'll be here on Friday.

Hey Sunshine! Hopefully TO will be kind to you! Ratted men.

Hey to everyone else....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #158  
Let's try this again . .

Cassi- WTG on the WI! Keep it up!

Lori-it seems weird to think about hockey in August! Then again-I don't think much about hockey at all It doesn't seem all that popular around here. I'm sure there are youth leagues though . . . .

Evette-way to resist the Doritos-those and cheetos are my downfall . . .

Jenni-sorry about the DF issues-I'm not in a relationship right now, but I'm sure that others here can commiserate with the less than supportive husbands and boyfriends. He's just insecure-you'll have to keep reminding him that he's the one for you.

HeatherPP-as I just said above-no, no BF yet. No bites on my eharmony either. Sigh-dating is just too exhausting. I can see why some men order mail order brides. Gets the whole dating thing out of the way I'm doing my 2nd day of TO today too and will be starting the BOOST again tomorrow. I rather like the shakes for dinner-especially when it's hot and I've worked out after work. I'm too lazy to cook!

Kristi-WTG on a POP weekend! I unfortunately went shopping whilst hungry on Fri evening and made a couple of poor choices. Could've been worse. Supposedly walking 20 miles burn about 1200 calories or so . . .Too much sodium though. Even my lips are dry

Lea Ann-sorry about the job stuff-I'm also the kind of person who gets a lot of extra duties dumped on me with no compensation. Now-about the 20 lashes-can't say too much as I screwed up too this weekend. I suppose we could just smack each other.

Sommer-good luck on your test and I'm glad you had a good birthday.

Joni-I've heard about the couch to 5K-awesome! I'm glad you've got a buddy to help keep you motivated. Keep us posted on your progress!

Erin- You're amazing!!!! nuff said.

Deb-love the dessert idea-Of course I would just be lazy and use my lemon yogurt or maybe the key lime flavor- mmmmm, that sounds good.

HI to Kelly, Krystal, Sue, Patty, Debbie . . . and anyone else I might have missed!

Boy-I don't do personals like this very often (takes awhile!). Hats off to those of you who do it all the time! My memory isn't that good . . . .
Old 08-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #159  
Let's try this again . .

Oh yeah-I forgot-somebody posted an idea about an ornament xchange for Christmas. I'd be interested!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #160  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JM--PM Lori (hockey lori) about the ornament exchange--sounds fun huh? Anyway--I bow down to you--20 miles is crazy!!! You are awesome--you can certainly justify the weekend splurge with that kind of calorie burning. I am going to bust tail on the DVD's this week and hope to break even by the weekend WI.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #161  
Let's try this again . .

Boy it's quiet in here today. Come out and play!!!!

Can you tell I've got a lot of time on my hands today? Boss is in Australia for 3 weeks . . . .. .

Lea Ann-thanks. I've PM'd Lori. What DVDd's do you like?

Katie-how you doing, girl?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #162  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JM--I am currently on day 20 (of 90) of the Beachbody Power90 series. It's 2 DVD's with 2 levels of cardio/abs and strength/sculpt and you just alternate everyday for 6 days then have 1 day off (thank goodness!). I can do the 2nd disc of strength training but still on disc 1 of cardio/abs--everything gets faster with more reps on disc 2--getting close though. I am determined to do the entire 90 day program. I am at a point where eating right (most of the time!) is no longer cutting it. I also have the Beachbody Slim in 6 series and like it too--just like the Power90 better. Anyway--probably more info than you wanted--LOL. How many miles will the marathon in October be? I am so impressed.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #163  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I'm here, lurking. Just feeling off I guess. Drama with the inlaws really has me down. I just need to tell them all to go to **** and get it over with.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #164  
Let's try this again . .

Lea Ann-

i have some Beachbody DVDs too-Yoga Booty Ballet and a couple other ones. Not like the series your describing though.

The marathon is 26.2 miles-I could've done that on Saturday-but I would've been *****ing the last 5 miles or so. Our coach has us so prepared for the marathon (doing 3 20 milers), so we can really enjoy marathon day and be ready for anything.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #165  
on the way to 60lbs lost

S/C/G: 211.8/208.2/150

Yay!!!!!!!!!!I lost 2.2 lbs on my w/i. TOM over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to let all of you know that this is because of you. I really didn't have the will power and reading all the threads gives it to me. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

Deb, that desert with the yogurt, sounds yummy. What about w/flavored yogurts. The book says you can have?

Jenni, like you told me TOM will soon be gone. Just remotivate. Sorry your DF doesn't help too much. My DH went out and bought me a George Forman grill and rottisarrie (my god, I can't spell). I made a Turkey breast and It was fabulous.

I also love lemon, but here in Indiana fresh fruit goes bad soooooooo fast because of the humidity, so I found this product called True Lemon. It is so good in your water and in place of salt too on stirfry and veggies. COD said okay to use like seasonings that have no salt.

Again Thanks everyone...............
kelly27 is offline   Reply With Quote