3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #271
Katie

Height: 5'1

OH, and so does DH, hahaha.

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #272
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Cassi- sorry to hear about the breathing problems- you need to get to the bottom of that- my sister has been having similar problems and the doctor thinks it is due to allergies- but she also told her to have a test done for emphesyema- scary considering she is only 31.

I can relate with you taco bell story. I used to love taco bell- it was my treat when it was TOM or a bad day, etc. I had that new crunch wrap taco back in july and I wanted to puke- why did I think taco bell was so good. I have totally lost my cravings for taco bell since I have been eating so clean for almost a year.

I am still hanging in here mostly lurking- I have not lost but I have not gained. I think my scale is dying- it has been all over the place with weights- and it is not just me, I have been weighing my kids just to make sure. The other morning it showed I lost 7.5 pounds over night! Any good brands out there that I should look for? What about the ones that measure fat? are they accurate?

It is a rainy day here and I am so boared- the kids all have friends over and I am just pacing around the house restless- I even made cookies for them- good for them, bad for me. I came here to get out of the kitchen.

well, maybe I will go scrapbook for a while. I think I need a 3rd job, because i don't know what to do with myself lately when I am not busy.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #273
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Lisa, good to see you!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #274
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Joan- I don't think that it should affect your weight loss. You are doing so well, plus you have learned tools to combat emotional eating. We are always here as a sounding board. You know what though, I think I am going to start a thread about emotional eating, get everyone's tricks and input. There are many of us who would benefit from it.
Katie, sounds like a thread I could benefit from BIG time.

LONG TERM GOAL:
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #275

I'M ALIVE!!

I've finally gotten everything settled in my apartment, and back to weight-loss routine. I've dropped 3 pounds in the last little while (I'm at my lowest weight ever!!)

Fabulous news! My fiance and I may be getting married in 12 months instead of 18!!! We just have to sell his parents on it...and it's a huge combination of factors like jobs, tenure in a school system for me and his sister who lives overseas that make it seem so much better to get married sooner rather than later. I can't wait!

However, that only adds a little pressure to be good and get this weight off. But, I'm on the treadmill an hour a day, following my plan and I've put pictures of wedding dresses on the fridge to keep me motivated. I can do this!!

Johnathan and I went to Greensboro to have dinner with his parents and the whole family including our new niece. This child = adorable. She can be summed up in 2 words: chubby bunny. I adore her.

Ok, so I think I've caught up on everything. I'll post more now, I promise!!
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #276

Lisa- I have a very accurate scale and it wasnt that expensive, its the WeightWacher's digital scale but it doesnt measure fat. The bad thing about it is that it shows the exact weight so that can be frustrating sometimes, like it shows 168.75 one morning and the next morning 169.3 ... those point something can make your head spin sometimes! I bought at walmart for $20

One kiss for every 5lbs lost...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #277
Missing Ohio

Hello Chickies,

I can not catch up by reading all of the post. My bad. I've been busy getting the house together to sell it. and, still job hunting. If the house sells before I find something I'm just going to move South. Got confirmation yesterday for flight/hotel/rental car to go to Mississippi for an interview. We shall see what comes of this. I need to try and come up with my own business but really haven't thought much about it and can't think of anything that I want to do. Chickies, throw some ideas out there. Anything that doesn't involve small children. This 2 year old puppy (Izzy) is enough. My sister teases that that is exactly what I need since I have that teacher mentally and like telling others what/how to do. I think she just wants to see me punished.

I couldn't help but stop and read Rebeca's post because that picture is so beautiful. You are really doing good girlfriend. Wish I could say the same for myself. I'm so off track that the space shuttle needs to bring me back. That person in your office sounds like big trouble and should be put down. Sounds like the boss has her number too. Young and dumb doesn't apply to everyone, there is also lots of 'old and dumb' out there.

Bre

RED/WO LITES/WO COD
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #278

LadyIzzy- Dont worry girlfriend you will be right on track asap! You have so much going on right now give yourself some time to get back on track!
Thank you for the nice completements! You are too nice!!! Just made my day! I will be thinking of the business that you could do ...

One kiss for every 5lbs lost...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #279
FBD/8-18-08

Katie, we're both around the same weight and we're doing bars, both LAWL and Pria. (We can't afford all LAWL)
Cassie, thanks for the encouragement!

I'm glad they changed us to red. By the way, until the end of August, for every 5# he loses, he gets a $25 gift cert. toward their products, so that will help with the bars! (He's gotten one and should get another the next time he goes in)
I don't really understand the numbers behind the colors. Like red 1. What does that number mean? Are there more than one red plans or is that the menu plan number? We've been put on Menu 2 in the red book. I'm sorry, since I'm not in on the couseling and education, I'm getting all my info from the booklet and here. We've been so happy this week! No rolaids, sleeping better, feeling better (except for the weakness), and seeing the scale move in the opposite direction! WOW!
Like most people, we have a very hectic life. My dh works 6 days/week and puts in 60-65 hours. He also has to travel 2 hours from home, so you can add an additional 3 hours to each day in travel. So we usually get to bed around 3:30 am and get up around 9:30 am. I homeschool, so we do dh's schedule. That means that I'm up transcribing until he gets home. And for us, Sunday is a church day and we get up at 5:30 am. (we nap on Sunday afternoon!)
With that said, not getting enough rest has been an issue in our weight loss previously, so I'm glad his counselor thought to look into that and change his plan.
Thanks everyone for sharing yourselves and experiences!

Hugs and blessings,
Pearl
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #280
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Katie! Rebecca- thanks for the advice on the scale- I might go to wal-mart tonight. I am really curious to know what my weight is since it has been all over the place this week.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #281
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Cassie- That is so scary when you can't breathe. About 8 yrs. ago, I kept having that problem. The doc said it was allergies and gave me allergy meds. In almost exactly one month, I had the problem again, and again for about 4 months, he still said allergies. Then I started coughing junk up and it went to a respiratory infection. So we started on antibiotics. If I laid down I couldn't breathe and if I could breathe, I would wheeze so bad I would wake myself up, not to mention DH. I slept on the couch and in the recliner for 4 months. Finally, on Valentine's day no less, I just could not breathe at all. I couldn't say 2 words without taking a breath. Went to the emergency room and they ran all kinds of tests and x-rays. They couldn't find anything wrong with me to cause that. With the peak flow meter, I am supposed to be able to hit 400 on there and when I went to the ER, I could only hit 75, when I left the ER I was at 175. I ended up being on oxygen for a week, steroids, albuterol, and about 3 other inhalers. Exactly one month later, same symptoms. Anyway, we had ferrets and eventually I found out that I was having a reaction to the mixture of the urine and the kitty litter. Because of dealing with it for so long, I now officially have asthma and am attached to the albuterol inhaler probably forever. I don't use it very often anymore, but the part that sucks is that when I did my last breathing test to get the scrip renewed, my lungs only function at 53% of normal capacity. So, in all my rambling, I guess I am saying, don't let it drag on, if you keep having problems, demand they run more tests and figure out what the problem is.

MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #282
Deb on LAWL

Hey there chickies-

I DID IT!! WI this morning 198.2!!! Back in onederland!!

klkoppes- Yay, on the 4 lbs.!! I always to TO with oranges, keeps me fuller longer and by the end of the 2nd day, it's really working on cleaning my body out, if ya know what I mean.

Sznn- You look amazing!!

Rebecca- I'm with everybody else, your new pic is so beautiful!!! Your bro is a cutie, but I still think the beach picture is better!! So sorry about the medical problems.

Prazteam- Awesome job on the losses! How do you survive on that schedule?!? I would be a walking zombie!!

Joan- WTG on the weight loss. Sorry about your problems.

Lisa- I have a Terraillon scale. I bought it from a catalog a few years back for I think around $70. It shows weight and body fat and can log up to 5 people and remember your last weigh in. It is really accurate. It has been .8 lb. more than the COD scale ever since I started. But, I think you could definitely get one that does the same thing for a lot cheaper now. I rememer someone saying they got a Tanita(I think) at bed, bath and beyond for not too much money and they are a good scale.

Lindsay- Woohoo on the 3 lbs. and getting settled into your new apartment.

HeatherCP(AngelHeather)- How's it going with the 3 little ones?

Beanie- Good to see you posting again!

Lea Ann, Lori, Sherry, Heatherpurplesunshine,Evette, Katie, Juliemarie, Bre

Cristie out there in sunny CA- come out of lurkdom and say HI.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #283
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Hey, ladies!!!

Not much time this evening, but, Deb, I have to say, CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!!!!!! I can't wait to be there!

As for me, Day 1 of TO netted 2.2 lbs down! I would be thrilled with that ... we'll see how tomorrow morning's WI goes. I'm feeling good. Day 1 I was really hungry ... doing it with cantaloupe ... but today I'm doing just fine. No cheating either day -- though I did lick the foil from DS's nonfat yogurt yesterday.

I'll update tomorrow, and let you know the net loss for my first TO. And more importantly, will post personals for my chickies!

Mini-Goal 2: 11 more lbs by St. Patty's Day (2/15-3/17)

Overall: -32

Mini-goals #1-A & 1-B met early!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #284
Deb on LAWL

Thanks Erin,You are SO gonna hit 90 lbs. by tomorrow!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #285

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good evening chickies!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Deb - CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!!!

JM - You crack me up!

Rebeca - I love what your boss said. Women can be so catty. And I agree... there is plenty of old(er) and stupid too!

So I went to the doctor today and she sent me for another chest x-ray and now I am waiting on a diagnostic center to call for the echocardiogram she wants me to have. I have an appt. with a lung doctor tomorrow, and I will follow up with my regular Dr. in 2 weeks. Depending on the results of the tests, and what lung Dr. says, she said I may need to go to an allergist. At this point she is thinking either asthma or allergy. Who knows??? She also prescribed an antibiotic. When I went to the pharmacy to have the prescription filled, the pharmacy tech saw my name and said, "You're a frequent flyer this week, aren't you?" I've been there every day this week.

Anyhoo, Deb, thanks for the insight. I appreciate your experience because this is all so new for me. I took the albuterol inhaler yesterday morning, but it didn't do anything at all. It seems the most helpful thing has been the prednisone. Unfortunately, that throws my weight all over the scale. When I told the dr. today, she said, "You've done great with the weight loss. Don't worry about the scale until we have you diagnosed." I am going to ride decide tomorrow whether to freeze my membership for a week depending on what lung dr. says. If I get more meds, it may be the best thing. I hate to pay for weight loss weeks if I know I'm temporarily stalled. But on the other hand, I still like the accountability, and being proud to say I stayed OP even if there is a gain.

OK... I've rambled enough for one post.