Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #196  

Katie- You are absolutaly right! You are too wonderful to have time to deal with this bs!

Katie-Thank you girl! You are an inspiration to me!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #197  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Rebeca- Thanks girlie!

Purple girl- What? Busy working? Those rude employers. You need to file a report about these sorts of conditions. I mean really, working at work? Unheard of! Hehe, I am working right now too, can you tell?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #198  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Thanks for all the birthday wishes but no one was belated! My birthday is actually today, 8/8 and I'm presently 27 years old and eating an On Plan version of turkey meatloaf that is pretty good. And then I'm off to Algebra class. For three and a half hours. This is why I celebrated my birthday on sunday because today I knew I'd be cramming for tests and going to class and that's no way to spend a birthday!

So thank you so much and I"ll catch up with everyone tomorrow!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #199  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I see! Well happy birthday now, and btw, I loved your artwork!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #200  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies-

I took the day off today-so I'm at home dealing with the annoying dial-uo. Not sure how long I can stand the slow-loading pages. I'll be at work tomorrow (I think!) so I'll be a bit more prolific then.

HeatherCP-a newborn! That's awesome! Those kids are so lucky to have you.

Rebeca-thanks for the kind words. I love the new avatar and your pics look great! What a great motivation to keep going!

Katie-yep-3 weeks. Of course, since I'm not at work today-I won't be on much. But when I am at work-unless I get slammed, I'll try to post more often. I'm sorry about the family drama-it's so tough, because the kids are the ones that suffer. I don't want to get on a soapbox and I don't know these people personally-but be careful about keeping the kids away from their grandparents. You see this on talk shows all the time-maybe you could see a family counselor so their is some objectivity? I don't know-I'm sure you're spending a lot of time thinking about this. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. We've had similar issues in my family. It's so difficult. Sorry-I'm done . . . . . .

Lori-sounds like you're having a rough time with the hockey stuff-hang in there! It's bound to calm down soon!

Kristi-congrats on the loss! Keep it up girl!

HeatherPP-3 pounds for TO is great! I finished yesterday too-so for the first 21 day boost I lost 3 lbs. Not that impressive-but I'm happy. I've hit the 85 lbs mark. I went into the COD today-and the counselor told me I was the biggest success story she's personally seen. That was cool. Of course-she can't stand that I don't bring in a journal anymore. Whatever.
So-I'm hoping to do even better this time around.

Well-I'm going to read the other threads now . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #201  

Heather- The bad thing about being brazilian is that its so easy to gain weight when we move to the us... but thank you! you are an inspiration to me with all of your workout, being a mommy and wife, i dont know how you do it! Thanks!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #202  
FBD/8-18-08

Default Newbie here

Hi to all from Virginia (another Easterner). I'm new and I must say, a little overwhelmed by this thread. Just wanted to tell Katie that I know what you're going through. For some reason, after a few years of marriage, my FIL decided to "hate" me to all his family and get them to join in. The only two that didn't were my wonderful husband and my MIL. Suddenly, I was doing things, saying things, NOT doing things, etc. that were totally absurd and anyone that knew me well would know it was crazy.
Well, many years later, my FIL is in his casket and his best friend is telling me how much he loved me, respected me, appreciated the wife/mother I was! I thought I was going to faint. It seems that to all his friends, I was an awesome SuperMom. He only wanted to keep the family torn up and unfortunately, it has affected my DH's family even now.
Katie, what I learned is that my family is MY FAMILY! My husband stood beside me like yours is doing. My husband and children ARE my family and there is no one more important to me. Keeping my focus has made us a closer, united front even now to face whatever comes.
You are only responsible for your words and actions. What they say and do are not your problem! So keep on keeping on! And thanks for the welcome!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #203  

Thanks Kristi!

Do any of you chickies work in an airline? We are trying to get to Brazil for New Years and the tickets are costing 4K!!!!! I havent seen my family in 7 yrs so i am really excited but that is too pricy!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #204  
PurpleSunshine

Rebeca - Thanks sweetie - I think each and every one of us have special qualities!!! I enjoy all of the ones you mentioned - so that makes it easy for me.....and trust me - I totally understand the gaining - and I've lived here all my life - hahahaha!!!! We are a bad influence hunh?

Katie - Wow - they really need to get out of high school. It sounds like they are trying to bring you down to their level - but you are strong and have made all the right decisions!! I won't talk about it since you have vowed to let it be!! You can do it - you have a wonderful family and a DH that will stand behind you - Go girl!! and as far as those work conditions - yes, I need to really file a complaint!!

Sommer - Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you !!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

I've been working on my DH computer all day, trying to get it reconfigured and ready for him to listen to our hometowns radio station for when football season starts (which the first preseason game is next week). I now appreciate my cable connection so much more, after dealing with his dial up. I think we will have to invest in a router for him to enjoy the speed!

Katie - good luck at your family WI tonight!
I am so glad that DH is standing up for you! As difficult as it may be, you are both better off without people who can't be nice.

Lea Ann - you're probably still retaining water. It will disappear before you know it!!

Rebeca - Love the new pics! Can definitely see a difference! Good to see you back again!!

Sommer - Happy Birthday!

Prazteam -

Congrats to all the WL losers!

to everyone I may have missed!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sherry - The only reason we have DirecTV instead of our local cable company is so we can get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I am a HUGE Steelers fan, and DH is (unfortunately) a Jets fan. We were spending way too much $$$ going to the bar to watch, and when we had DS, we had to choose who got to watch their game. I love getting every game now.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #207  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya Sherry - Poor you - working with dial up - I don't think I would have a computer if I didn't have cable modem - I would never use it!!!

Welcome Praz!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #208  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

HeatherPP--sooooo glad you are back and sounding chipper again. I hate what that stupid sclae does to our mood! I picked up the sublingual B-complex today at Walmart--we'll see.

Katie--sorry for the trouble. You are too good for them and they know it.

Sommer--Happy Birthday! Hope all your tests go well.

JM--e n j o y y o u r d a y o f f!!!! Was that slow enough for you?? Can you do some research on my head and figure out why I can't lose weight??

Kristi--THANK YOU--YOU JUST MADE MY DAY AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!!!! I am slowly learning to enjoy it more and not stare at the countdown clock the whole time--that has to be a NSV in someone's book. I am so glad your mood is back on the ahppy side, too. Seems many of us went into a funk for a bit. No more. I'm going to have to check out the tortillas--my downfall--among so many other things!!

Praz--welcome!

Rebeca--wish I could help you on the airline thing--that really stinks. Just tell everyone in your family your want airline $$ for your Christmas present this year--and birthday, and next christmas, and on and on. LOL.

Sherry--hey girl--from your lips.... I've been too busy to eat much today and now I am behind but don't want to start cramming stuff in, either. Vicious cycle.

Cassi--go COWBOYS!!! I AM a Texan ya know!! LOL--just had to razz you.

Hi to anyone I missed!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone - I too am crawling out of my bat cave to say hello and congratulate all of the successful losers.

Rebecca - your pics look great. You look fabulous.

As promised I took some pics after my new battery arrived
Here are a before and after - sorry too lazy to resize.
Took the bottom one last Wednesday before my big interview.

sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #210  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sznn--you look terrific!!! What on earth is behind you in the first photo?
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote