Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #286  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Hello ladies, Im not feeling to good tonight. WI was not fun today. I was only down .2 of a pound. My mom goes with me and she lost 2.6 pounds. Im glad for her but i seem to be stuck. They suggested Slim down. What do you girls think of slim down. I guess i will try it for a couple of days and see what happens. Thank girls for you help. STACY
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #287  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Deb - way to go. Keep up the great work. Interesting post about the breathing and allergies...Cassi - I hope you follow Deb's advice!
Erin - you cracked me up with "licked the foil from DS's nonfat yogurt yesterday," but I can totally relate...
Katie - great thread on what folks do to combat emotional eating; I didn't have anything too earth shattering to report, but I'll be anxious to read this after there are more entries.

Had an interesting weigh in at my COD. Went in and was rather rushed so I didn't run back to the ladies room like I typically do. Stepped on the scale; weight stayed the same as my last visit on Tuesday. The Center's phone rang and the counselor had to grab it so I ran back to the ladies room, did my thing, hopped back on the scale and it was down 8/10ths of a pound. Mind you, all I did was a short pee (sorry, not sure how else to say that). I honestly never thought it would make that much of a difference. So ladies...take note. But you're all so smart, you probably already knew this.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #288  
FBD/8-18-08

Congratulations Deb!!! I'm doing the happy dance for ya! (I can only hope it counts as jazzersize!)
Onederland! WOW!
As you can see from my ticker, I'm working from "Loserland" (out of control and killing myself) to Twoserland!
As for my schedule, I guess I can sum it up with "you do what you have to do". For now, we need his hours and what little I can do at home to help out.
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 225/216/150

Height: 5'4

Congrats Deb
That's great, funny I was just fantasizing today about being in Onderland.
Just have to keep saying "I think I can, I think I can..."
startingovernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #290  

Hi chickies,
My apologies for not doing personals and also lurking......Things are still very hectic and I haven't been able to read much but when I get a chance to read I don't have time to do personals and vice versa.
I also hope y'all don't mind me posting about myself when I haven't been able to encourage others etc. I'm hoping to have our computer issues over by next month.
Anyhoo....life has such a radical, chaotic spin for us and I'm trying to deal with the stress anywhich way I can. I had a late afternoon WI today and I'm still up by 2, disheartening but also knowing that I haven't been eating rather than bingeing. I could use any prayers & good vibes sent my way! DH may take a job that is at least 65+ hours a week plus some travel. (He's been on flexible hrs for 6 years and is very attached to the family) I applied with a New Homes staffing agency and hopefully will be temp'ing soon, I will also be homeschooling my 3 boys and trying to get dd into pre-school. Our house hasn't sold so our re-locating situation is torn between dh's new work, schooling, church & family plus having the funds for moving!!! K, well I'm off of here to clean up since I've been gone all day. Hope everyone does well over the weekend!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:43 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi girls...

I got this e-mail a few months ago, and I saved it to post when I had time. Since it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep, I guess I have time. It made me think of you guys...

Dear Lord,
Every single evening
As I'm lying here in bed,
This tiny little Prayer
Keeps running through my head:
God bless all my family
Wherever they may be,
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they're so close to me.

And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do;
Hope you don't mind me asking,
Please bless my computer too.
Now I know that it's unusual
To Bless a motherboard,
But listen just a second
While I explain it to you, Lord.
You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds and ends;
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my friends.
I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give,
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they live.
By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendships grew.
Please take an extra minute
From your duties up above,
To bless those in my address book
That's filled with so much love
Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
Bless each e-mail in box
And each person who hits "send".
When you update your Heavenly list
On your own Great CD-ROM,
Bless everyone who says this prayer
Sent up to GOD.com

Amen.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Well, I'm doing better at eating POP. Although tonight we are having pizza for DD birthday party. Since DH is working all weekend long, it will make it easier for me to plan my weekend eating. I'm hoping for a loss by Wednesday's WI...
Mowed the lawn yesterday. It's on a slant -- Does that count for exercise? LOL

Lori - How was your family time? Sometimes it's so hard to get in, but then that should make everybody appreciate each other that much more!

Beanie - It's been too hot for the lemon water lately. But I've at least been getting in more water generally the last couple days, which is more than I could say for the past weekend... My motivation is coming back! I WANT this weight loss!!

Rebeca - Sorry about your job issues, and nasty coworker. And your health issues ...
I didn't realize you were so young! Good for you, being in a position at your job that your boss relies on you. Obviously you show more motivation and maturity than your coworkers, and you are absolutely right. It is not about age at all. It is most definitely about job performance. You will have catty people everywhere, regardless of your age or nationality.

Prazteam - Congrats on yours and DH loss so far!!

Evette, JM, Lisa, Joni -

Katie - as discouraging as your WI went, you have still come so far! Hang in there, it will fall off again before you know it!

Cassi - How are you feeling today? I hope you start to feel better soon. LOVE the prayer!!

Joan - Sorry for your stressors. We are here for you to help support you in any way we can.
Hang in there, and look how far you've come.

Lindsey - WooHoo! WTG on your loss. Happy Dance -- And Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Bre - Good to see you. Keep us posted on your job search. with selling your house.

Deb - Congrats on being in Onederland!!

Stacy - Hang in there. Everybody loses differently. And, a loss IS a loss! You are doing GREAT so far!!

Sandie - Instead of saying "I think I can", say "I KNOW I CAN!!"

Trish - good to see you. I hope things all work out for you!!

Sorry if I missed anyone. HI

Hope everyone has a great POP day!! And Good Luck to all those who have WI today!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #293  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!!

Deb, klkoppes, prazteam, Joan, Lindsay, and Erin.... On the weight losses! I'm so happy for all of you!

Rebeca: As for work, I agree with how you're handling your co-worker. Killing her with kindness. Always works!!

Sherry: Plan your meals and you'll stay POP. Have a great weekend!

Cassie: I hope the doctors get to the bottom of whatever is happening to you. Stay strong girl! I love the prayer by the way and wanted to pass this prayer along to you and all the other girls who need some healing.

HEALING AND KEEPING PRAYER

Heavenly Father, I thank you for loving me. I thank
you for sending your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ to
the world to save and to set me free, I trust in your
power and grace that sustain and restore me.

Loving Father, touch me now with your healing hands.
For I believe that your will is for me to be well in
mind, body, soul, and spirit. Cover me with the most
precious blood of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ
from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. Cast
out anything that should not be in me. Root out any
unhealthy and abnormal cells and multiply my healthy
cells. Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild
and replenish any damaged areas. Remove all
inflammation and cleanse any infection by the power
of Jesus' precious blood. Let the fire of your healing
love pass through my entire body to heal and to make
new any diseased areas so that my body will function
the way you created it to function. Touch also my mind
and my emotion, even the deepest recesses of
my heart, saturate my entire being with your presence,
love, joy and peace and draw me ever closer to you
every moment of my life.

And Father, fill me with your Holy Spirit and empower
me to do your works so that my life will bring glory
and honor to your holy name.

I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

p.s
I hope I didn't offend anyone with that prayer. I apologize if I did.

Happy Friday! I hope everyone stays POP over the weekend. Take Care!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #294  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Deb congrats on onederland!!!!
Erin! Yay for TO success! I've been thinking about doing TO and your success makes me want to do it more!

I am down another low as of thursday, 280.6. This morning was up just a little, but not much. I imagine tomorrow morning I'll settle in at 280 without the fluxuations. The bad part is I'm staring at a giant sheet cake with butterfrosting and marble cake and pastel rosettes and names in pink and one of those names is mine. It's parked near my office door until everyone comes in and can see it. And then it'll be time to eat it and I'll close my door and my office window and hide until they have consumed every last buttery rosette!

I discovered a new product I wanted to share with you all. Mrs. Dash has come out with marinades for meats. Absolutely no salt added and it's really low in everything. They only have three kinds at my store (they are new, at least for us) but we tried the Chipotle last night for turkey burgers. It was really tasty. I was excited, usually I can't use marinades but now I have options!

Question: What are some ways you guys use turkey burger? I'm getting a little tired of the turkey meatloaf, turkey burgers, etc. My creative friends, give me some ideas!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 225/216/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks Evette and Cassi for the touching prayers. Prayer always helps.
Have a great weekend!
startingovernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #296  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! We ate out last night for my little sisters birthday. Good food, too much, oh course, but still I did not go crazy, so I was glad for that. After we ate we went mini golfing. What a riot. I laughed until I hurt and was dying for a potty. Today I have to get my camper loaded so that we can leave when DH gets off of work. We are camping at a family reunion till Sunday afternoon.

Sommer- Turkey burger is so great for everything. Tacos, taco salads, spaghetti, soup, meatballs, foil dinners, also have you tried the turkey steaks? They are these thin round cuts out of the breast. They are also very good. I like them for salads, fajitas, veggie roll ups. I love them grilled with chili powder and lime.

Evette- What at beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing.

Cassi- Hope your health issues are resolved very soon. Very cute prayer, made me laugh and wake DH up.

Sherry- I think mowing the lawn should count for sure! Have fun at the birthday.

Stacy- No worries girl, that weight will come off. It is dissapointing to have crappy weigh ins, but usually that means that the next one will be great. Hang in there!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #297  

Good morning!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!! I'm off to the gym and my fiance is coming to Greenville today after work I'm excited about spending the whole weekend with him.

Good luck to everyone with WI today!! I'll be back later for personals!
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #298  
Princess Heather

Good morning chickies!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Things around here are back to normal..our sweet little girl went to live with grandma so is back to the two boys...yes it's a revolving door.

I am starting the 21 day boost on Monday if anyone wants to join me. I was going to start a new thread on Monday...if anyone is interested i'll be there! Catch ya'll later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #299  
One pound at a time...

Hello everyone! I hope you do not mind me jumping onto the thread. I am a newbie to LA Weight Loss but not to 3FC. I am usually hanging aroung the 100 lb Club. I signed up with LA Weight Loss last night and go in for my plan explantion on Tuesday. I am eager to start. I was cautiously optimistic when I signed up last night, but when I see all of your tickers I am starting to get a lot more excited. All you are such great successes. A friend of mine inspired me to join, she was on it this year and has lost 65 lbs. I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. Deb-I saw your avatar and smiled. I wish I could have more than one choco, but with the energy that they have, I do not have the room.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #300  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Carol! This is a great place for info and support-but I guess you already know that being a member of another forum. If you haven't read it yet-the newbie sticky thread has quite a bit of info about our abbreviations and some other commonly asked questions. If you can't find the answer to a question there-jump in and ask in this thread.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote