Old 08-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #256  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Rebeca, big hugs chickie.

Praz- You should definitely be on at least red. Are you doing the bars?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning ladies!

Katie - Sorry about the crappy BLWI. Maybe it IS the scale??? But I am looking forward to getting those soup recipes!

Lori - Glad the hockey fiasco wrapped itself up. Hope you enjoyed the movie and family time. Hang in there the next few weeks!

Joan - Sorry for any troubles you are having now. But congrats on the WL. 50 lbs is awesome!!!

HeatherPP - GL for whatever news you're waiting to hear. You're in my thoughts!

Sznn - You look AWESOME!!!

Rebecca - See Sznn's comment above. You're pics are always so sexy... and just gettin' hotter! (Oh yeah... it obviously runs in the family because your brother is a hottie too). Sorry your co-worker sucks, and I'm even sorrier for the miscarriage. I won't try to offer advice, but know that we are all here if you need to chat. Also, as for the decade thing, I seem to see that too. I was 220.2 at last Wed WI, then 222.4 on Fri WI, then 219.8 on Mon, and then 220.4 yesterday (Wed). I've been on plan and did TO on Sat and Sun, so I don't get it either. I decided to try a lot of fish this week for dinner and to substitute a lite with one of their shakes. Also, I am going to do the 21 day boost. If you want to join us boost girls, come to the other thread. Maybe that will help. I guess I'll know the real answer in a few weeks, but maybe it will shake things up enough.

Mrsbeanie - Good morning. Glad to see you posting again. I'm on the boost too, so I'll see you there.

Kristi - Stay strong girl - you're doing so great.

Evette - See Kristi above. You are an inspiration. Especially that you have lost all this weight without going to a COD. You have some real dedication and focus.

Lea Ann - How's school going? That's great that you got up so early and got the exercise in. You are REALLY committed to the 90 days. I'm so proud of you! I'm sure seeing DD was great, and I hope things are going ok with DP there.

Prazteam - Welcome! 12 lbs in a week is incredible! Stay strong, and remember that we are here for any questions you may have.

Sommer - Happy belated birthday! I love your blog. You are a gifted writer. Hope all is going well with all your classes and homework.

Lindsey - Where are you??? I know you're getting settled in your new apartment, but we miss you.

Dairy - Glad to see you're still lurking and a little posting. Glad to hear that everything is progressing well. I'm with Katie - I'm jealous of the dairy!!! As for the boy/girl thing, I sort of understand. I have a 14yo DD. When I was pregnant with her, I KNEW I was having a girl. I only had 1 ultrasound when I was 6 week or so just to check the timing. I don't know why I never got another one?!?! Anyhoo... when she was born I sat straight up and yelled "WHAT IS IT???" Finally they told me a girl and me and mom high fived right there. When I was pregnant with DS (he's 2 1/2), I only wanted another girl. I said I didn't want a boy at all. Then I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks and found it it was a boy (a very PROUD boy that day from his positioning and showing off for the tech, if you know what I mean). I was surprised for about 20 mins. and then realized there would be no 2nd wedding to pay for, and no 2nd teen girl hormones in the house. Within a few hours, I was REALLY excited to have the boy. So... I know what you mean about wanting a girl, but like you said, you will be happy with whatever they are.

Erin - LOVE seeing your progress. Do you have any new photos?

JM - Congrats on the walk the other day. You are SOOOO ready for this!

HeatherCP - Congrats on the newborn, and even more congrats on getting them all to sleep at the same time. You are a real pro now!!!

Joni, Sherry, and anyone else I missed, HI!

As for me... I am home from work today. I broke out in some terrible rash on Sunday, went to the dermatologist Tuesday and he gave me some creams to use. On Wednesday morning I woke up from a dream that I couldn't breathe. And after I woke up, I still couldn't. I went to work, but left to go to the doctor, and she sent me to the ER for a chest x-ray and CT Scan. They gave me some more steroids (remember I had them a few weeks ago for bronchitis) and some other stuff and sent me home to follow up with the doctor. Basically, if I do any talking, or anything other than sitting, I get out of breath. They didn't know if it was more of an allergic reaction from the rash, but this time closing my airway, or if it's something else. So now I'm waiting on a call for an appt time from the Dr. I walked across the parking lot to the hospital and you would have thought I ran around the building three times from how out of breath I was. Then, I had a 30 min chat with mom this morning and was getting out of breath just talking to her and "pacing" while on the phone. I have no idea. I know that if I breathe shallow and sit still, I'm good. But I also know that I can't live or work like that, so I'm hoping for an explanation soon. The Albuterol inhaler I took yesterday morning before work did nothing either. I have no clue.

Anyhoo...... I'm glad I had my shake in my lunchbox yesterday, because I had that and some carrot sticks before the doctor, so at least I wasn't starving. However, since I was in the Dr. office from 1-2 and the hospital from 2-8, I was starving. I have been craving mexican/taco bell for about 2 months. Since they gave me the steroid and DH said I should put my plan on hold for a week or so since last time my weight was so weird, he even said he supported the taco bell decision. DH is REALLY supportive of me and a great sounding board. So I gave in... if HE agreed... right? Anyway, one grilled stuffed chicken burrito later (after 4 mos on program, these things are HUGE), and a mexican pizza, and two tacos (might as well come completely clean since I'm with you guys), I was done. (Dr. told me one of the other side effects of the steroid, other than weight gain, was increased appetite - geez, ya think???) The good news is I was only up a pound this morning, and I'm hitting the lemon water. The even better news, is I think I can go another year or so without going there. It's been my only binge since I started, and I'm not really a binger, but I was soooooo hungry, and I inhaled it before I could even get too full.

OK... I've vented, confessed, and caught up. Sorry so long. Hope everyone is having a POP day! I'll check in with you guys later!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #258  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca
another thing that i would like some feedback on is that I noticed that lots of us when we reach a new decade its a little harder to lose those first new decade lbs... is that just me or have you guyz noticed that too? When i reached 179, i was stuck there for a while and now at 169 I feel stuck too....any tips? (NO TOs PLEASE lol)
Rebecca, I have this problem too. I just usually keep to the plan and it eventually evens out. I have done TOs with great success, but I try not to if I don't have to.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #259  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Hey Joan- Glad to hear you are down, sorry other things are not going well. Big hugs coming your way!
Katie, thanks. I think I'm going to have to consult with a colleague soon as in divorce lawyer. Sigh. Like I need this stress on top of everything else.

I'm hoping that the stress isn't going to affect the WL too much.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #260  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbeanie
Stargazer Sorry things are no going well! Hope things settle down for you soon!! Beanie
MsBeanie, thanks, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm only hoping that it doesn't affect the WL.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #261  
Katie

Joan- I don't think that it should affect your weight loss. You are doing so well, plus you have learned tools to combat emotional eating. We are always here as a sounding board. You know what though, I think I am going to start a thread about emotional eating, get everyone's tricks and input. There are many of us who would benefit from it.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #262  

Mrs. Beanie- Spitting in her coffee is an awesome idea...since i havent been out of HS that long maybe I do have an excuse and an alibi! LOL too funny!

Evette- Thanks you are always so supportive and kind! I appreciate it!

Cassi and Katie-Thanks girls! I truly appreciate having friends like all of you! I am such a strong believer than I do think that it wasn't the right time in God's eyes, and I respect that...

Thanks for my Bro's complements! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE IS JUST TURNING 18 TODAY???Isnt that crazy? I told my parents that something is seriously wrong with his birth certificate, but then when he starts talking I think the the BC is perfect fine! LOL

As far as the new decade being stuck, i am skipping TO for 2 weeks see if it goes anywhere... Today I went complely off plan and sometimes that seems to help! Lets see by Monday how it does!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #263  

Star- I am not a good TOer, I tend to gain a little bit and stay stuck for a while post TO, but i did have great results with the omelet TO, i lost like 4 lbs which was awesome! But to this day cant stand smell of eggs! lol
Old 08-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #264  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Rebeca- Sorry about what you're going through. Your coworker sucks. In some companies she could be fired for talking like that. Forget spitting in her coffee-you should puke in it!

As for your plateau-your body's been through a lot-maybe just stay the course and let everything get back to normal before you worry about it. Hormone fluctuations are mess with your weight loss . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #265  
Katie

Puke in it?! Note to self... Never make Julie Marie mad!!! Actually though, one of my daycare mom's had a coworker who said some terrible things about her to her cousin. The mean words went from the cousin to her grandma, who called her mother crying because she thought her grand daughter was going to **** in a hand basket. My daycare mom went to the boss with it, and the coworker was fired on Tuesday.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #266  
Let's try this again . .

I talk a big game-but generally don't do anything about this kinda stuff. Just stew, hold a grudge, and then eventually remind myself that I'm only hurting myself, pray about it and finally let it go.

And then sometimes still hold a grudge
Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #267  
Let's try this again . .

Oh-and apparently I've inherited my mom's death glare!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #268  

JM- TOO FUNNY!!! I think that she got more upset that I just said Thanks to the complements and didnt give any kind of explanation whatsoever!

She keeps spreading around stuff about me, but I keep being nice to her and acting superior which makes her want to die!

Last friday we had a weekly group meeting and my boss told me to supervise everyone's projects by being his right hand (keep in mind that there are 7 women in this department all over 40 and my boss who is the only man who is about 65 and me 19 and an immigrant =)) So she said that she could build a spreasheet and help me with it, he interrupted her and said "EXCUSE ME, I MEANT SHE WILL BE SUPPERVISING ALL PROJECTS IN THIS OFFICE INCLUDING YOURS!" i just wanted to crack up...i thought she was going to kill me! Too funny...

Karma does exist....therefore, no pucking around girls....lol
Old 08-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #269  

My comment about woman over 40 is just because they think that because I am young and not from here that I am stupid...

no offense girlfriends...didnt sound good now that I am reading it...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #270  
Katie

Rebeca- too funny about the project.

JM- Oh, the mom death glare. I got my mom's too. My kids know exactly what "the look" means.