Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #616  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok ladies. I am having a crazy hard time!! I ate .........

cheetos 3/15.5

puding 1/16.5

ww carrot cake 1/17.5

I only have 6.5 points left!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #617  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Height: 5'7"

Today has been an emotional roller coaster, I think with starting TOM 9 days late, and the addition of a puppy into our household, I finally lost it tonight. Then to top it off, Neighbors kid comes over and messed himself in my bathroom...runs out of my house, leaving "prints" of his mess all over my carpet and his poor "messed" handprints on my door.....I lost it all over again. Needless to say, my eating has been GREAT today!! Who woulda thought!
B: Bowl Go-Lean Crunch w/milk 5pts
L: Cheese stick, triscuits, apple 4pts
S: Rice Krispie Treat 2pts
D: Salad w/chicken, bacon and bbq 7pts...2 packs of those hard breadsticks you get at restaurants w/a pat of butter 3pts
S: Slim fast, banana, oil
All my veggies/fruits, oils, milks and water.............Yay me!
WI is Wed and after a hellacious Saturday splurge I can only hope for some sort of loss...but a gain might be inevitable...esp. w/TOM.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #618  

OK, so first day back on track:

Breakfast: lt. yogurt-2
eng. muffin w/ Parkay spray and all fruit spread -2
lots of coffee
Lunch: Smart Ones-5
Can of green beans-0
Cup of watermelon-1
Dinner: Smart Ones-5
Cauliflower in cheese sauce-3
Snack: WW ice cream bar-2

So far I'm at 20 and 22 is my limit. It's 9:30pm my time so I should be OK. Night time snacking is a killer for me!
I'm happy with my day over all!!

Britte
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #619  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Oh my gosh, Buffalo - the oreos!! Don't you just hate it when those little buggars call to you from the pantry?!? I can't keep them in the house or I want to eat the whole bag! I finally broke down and got my daughter the Uh Oh Oreos, because those don't appeal to me as much. She loves them!

I went grocery shopping this afternoon and got choc/peanutbutter skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I hope they are good. I like the mint ones, but I haven't tried this flavor yet. I've been craving peanutbutter, so I hope I'm not dissappointed.

I'm doing better today than yesterday. Still feel like a fat pig after that brunch and then my munching yesterday, but life goes on. I did get up this morning and go to Curves for my workout before my husband went in to work.

So far today I've had:

Kashi oatmeal - 2pts
1/2 of a 12oz skim latte - 1pt

Pria 110 cal bar - 2pts

FF Turkey hotdog (no bun) - 1pt
100 cal pack cheese nips - 2pts
1 cup cherries - 1pt

That leaves me with 11 points for dinner and a snack. I should do fine sticking with my 20pts today.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #620  
Amy

Need help badly!! I am going to a memorial service this weekend. No funeral. Just the memorial. I think it is casual. They are from Hawaii and our friend (son of the deceased) is wearing dockers and a Hawaiian style shirt he wore to his mom's memorial service (we did not go to that one).

I am fine for my husband and I. But, how in the heck to I dress a 6yo girl and a 4yo boy? I have to go buy something. Unless that is she can wear hot pink coulots???!?!?!?!

I have only been to one memorial service. I was in 7th grade, and my mom dressed me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should shop tomorrow if I have to.

Dinner
boca burger on lite bun with mustard and dill relish 2pts
a TON of tater tots 9pts????
1/2 cup macaroni salad with low fat mayo 4????

So, I am way over and not going to kill myself. I have done this before and recovered just fine.

Liz, even worse.........the Oreos did not call me from the pantry. We had none. I sent my very supportive hubby out to get them. GRRRR!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #621  

AJ's Mommy- I hear you about the out of control feeling that comes with TOM! I eat continuously some months. I just can't get satisfied! Fortunately, this is NOT my TOM!

Well, I've ended my day with a WW dessert at 3 points, which puts me at one point over for the day.

One day at a time, right? It has really helped today, just knowing I was going to post my day for you all. Thanks!

Britte

By the way, I have no idea about the proper dress code for kids at a memorial! Good Luck!!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #622  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

Ladies....I need some help/suggestions. Today was my first day and I did really great for breakfast, lunch and snacks. However, I have a water aerobics class after work for 1 hour and I usually swim on my own for about 30 minutes before that. Needless to say, I am famished by the time I get done. So, I blew it at dinner. I wont say what I ate as I dont want to cause anyone to have cravings but it was unhealthy fast food and I ate a lot. I mean, I just ate until I was full...not stuffed or anything but it was not a good choice. I was just so hungry, I knew I couldnt make it home and cook before I could eat. According to a calories burned calculator, I figured up that during swimming, I burn about 800 calories.

Anyway, my question is this. Does anyone have any suggestions for low point snacks I could eat before class or possibly on the drive home (30 minute drive) to tide me over so I can fix a healthy dinner? Today I had 1 cup of fresh pineapple and 1 oz of cheddar pretzels.....that did not keep me satisfied. I also drink tons of water so I know that is not the problem. I got one of those food sealers so I plan on cooking some stuff and refreezing it so it can be quickly thawed and heated but I just havent done so yet. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #623  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Ok, I hope no one minds my jumping in here. I'm in need of some serious accountability.

Today:
Breakfast:
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce - 1pt
2 slices WW bread, toasted - 1pt
1 tbsp peanut butter - 2pts
Total: 4

Lunch:
Small whole wheat flour tortilla - 2pts
1 slice FF cheese - 1pt
1/2 C mixed peppers - 0pts
10 baby carrots - 0pts
1 C cucumber - 0pts
Total: 3

Dinner:
3oz boneless, skinless chicken breast - 3pts
3 C lettuce - 0pts
2 tbsp FF dressing - 0pts
2 tbsp parmesean cheese - 2pts
Total: 5

Snacks:
1/2 C 1% cottage cheese - 1.5pts
2 tbsp chocolate chips - 3pts
1 C blackberries - 1pt
Total: 5.5

Grand total: 17.5 / 20
Water: 10 x 8oz

Looking back over what I ate today, it's not too bad. That being said, I really have difficulty with the weekends when DH is home from work. Ah well, I gave myself a little break over Father's Day weekend, and now I'm back to focussing on eating right. That's the plan anyway.

~mel
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 AM   #624  

Mandi, Wow! That is a LOT of exercise! I have decided not to start any new exercise for at least the first couple of weeks of doing WW, because I'm afraid I would get extra hungry and overeat, too. I know that feeling of just needing to eat NOW! So, don't be too hard on yourself.

Maybe if you could eat something with plenty of protein before and/or after swimming? Possibly peanut butter or string cheese plus some fruit? You might check out some of the protein/energy bars, too. I don't eat them, but they might give you the right mix to keep your blood sugar stable until you can get supper on the table.

Good Luck! And don't forget to count all that swimming into activity points! You are sure earning them!

Britte
Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #625  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I finished off my day with:

2 small lean lamb chops - 6pts
salad w/ FF dressing - 1pt
1/2 yam - 1.5pts
1/2 pc no flour WW bread, grilled 0.5pts
1 choc/p-nut butter skinney cow - 3pts.

So I went over by 1 point today for that darned skinny cow. I thought those were all 2 points. I should have checked the package before I put them in my cart. 3pts is too high for a dessert when you're down to 20 points per day.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #626  

I know I came on here a few weeks ago - and said I was back - and gonna get on program again - well I tried but slipped - and wallowed in that pit trying to blot out how miserable I was with YES more food !!!!!

WHy is it SO Hard ? Why does Eatting have to do what it does to us ... to me !!!!!! I enjoy it so much .... But okay I accept that NOW I wanna do something to make me feel good at the end of the day -

Eatting the way I am is only making me depressed - and food wont cure it.

Today is Offically -Is myt Offical First day

So far so good .....

I have had 2 cups of coffee non dairy creamer and SL - 2 pts
Wanted more - but didnt have it
Got 32 oz of water instead
Then i had my Oatmeal (wanted a bagel w/cream cheese) But didnt I made the better choice 2pts

For a snack I just had Half of Cucumber sliced up ... with half a lemon squeezed over it - salt and some Cayenne Pepper - YUMMMY and it was FREE !!!!!!! Woooo WHooooooo

4 pts total and it is Noon -

I used to make the mistake of trying to starve myself - I would wait until I couldnt wait any longer to eat breakfast - like 11:30 or 12:00

then I would wait as Long as I could for Lunch like 2:00 or 2:30 and I would have LOUSY bag of Popcorn - - - on the drive home I would be SO SO SO Hungry that I would eat small children dipped in chocolate if they were near by - which is why when I came back a few weeks ago trying to do the program that way - it SOOOOO didnt work.

This time - I am doing breakfast
small free snack
Light Lunch
If I need another snack (pop corn is a snack not a meal )
And then use most of my points for dinner
But used smartly .... fill up on mostly veggies and a senseable
portion of meat ......

I refuse to eat anything I dont like. Or burn myself out of the things I do.

I want to enjoy eatting healthy just like I did eatting unhealthy.

I got a tip from another poster ... to do a specific veggie a week.

Like Broccoli week - and then aspargus week .... etc etc etc
And I love that Idea .......

So heres to a good start - Positive thoughts - and Mucho (carrot dancing) for any good choices

Angie
Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #627  

Someone was talking about making some stuff to freeze and eat later - I have done this - and i have found that amazingly enough stuffed bell peppers are almost BETTER when you do it this way - they are so moist and tasty I used to do that alot - mmmmmm Good. just use Really lean meat and I also use spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce - very Tasty ....

Okay Just had My salad for lunch - it was okay.
Could have probably been a little bigger ....

It was just regualr lettuce - very few diced carrotts - not even enough for a point. Some green onion and some kidney beans - instead of salad dressing I used Salsa - - - So the whole thing was like 1 point.

If i get to hungry before the end of the day I have a handy dandy 1 point Bag of Popcorn here - and I am also on my 2nd 32oz of water

FEELING GOOD LADIES - so much better then stuffing down my misery with JUNK and feeling bad about it
Old 06-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #628  
Amy

Howdy Mel. Glad you jumped in. Angie!!! Glad to see you here. Don't leave again. Just keep posting. Even if it has nothing to do with food. Stick around girl. Like I am. You see, I have had a completely off program week. This is a first for me since joining ww in January. UGH! I just needed it. In fact, I am eating bad things right now. But I am OK!! I know I am. I will weigh in tonight and post my 3 pound gain. That is what I am expecting.

Angie, you made me belly laugh out loud here all by myself when I read about the children dipped in chocolate. Too funny!!! That is how I have felt all week.

Mandi, I totally agree with Britte on the protein. I eat cottage cheese or some other cheese product after a tough work out with my trainer. I was feeling ill if I did not. I always add in my activity points when I work out too. That does not mean you have to use them. Just write them down. Use them on healthy foods IF you need them. When you do go to fast food, make a healthy selection. I think there is something good at almost every chain. I mean good for you. Lord knows they have good tasting food.

I plan on posting my food starting again tomorrow. Bad or good, it will show up here.

Have a great day all!!! --Amy
Old 06-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #629  

Okay I can do that !!! I'll stick around even on my bad Days !!!!

I feel much better having this place to come too - others who are doing the same thing.

My Goal - is to make this away of life- I want to change my eatting habits for good - - - Maybe have an off week every once in awhile -

But My small goal is to loose at least 15 pounds by September OF THIS YEAR
at my rate it'll be more like Sept. 2020

Thanks Guys
Old 06-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #630  

Where in the World do you guys find these SKinny Cows ??? I would Like to try them ?
Closed Thread