Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 12:19 PM   #91  
Peace with body and soul

Hey ((Mel)) feel better girl! I hate to say it but the old "Getlean" thing sounds like "StarveMeofNutrients...."

Hey Mrs. J., I too am hoping to do some non-fitness related reading this weekend, going to finally start "The Throat," by Peter Straub. Have had it for eons but never read it..

But then I saw K-la's new pics over at BFLW and damn if she doesn't look GREAT since starting CKD and now I think I need to dive back into that one! Add Laura's abs to this thought and I'm thinking maybe "The Throat" will have to be put on hold! hehe
Old 04-04-2003, 12:34 PM   #92  
cac

Good afternoon,

Chelly- I am sorry about your grandmother's death.

Jamie- Good luck with the house!!! Our contractor will not use anything else but Benjimane Moore (sp) paint. He says it is the best.

Meliris- Glad you found the kitty.

I have upped my intensity on the 20 minute arobic. It seemes to be getting easier.

Hope everyone else is doing well,

cc
Old 04-04-2003, 01:30 PM   #93  

hi all

had a pretty good day didnt eat 100% on plan but its because I got too hungry so I will be better prepared next time.

Mrs Jim, same weather nightmare here! Its been beautiful for 2 weeks and today WHAMMO snowstorn. I couldnt see anything and I fell on my way to catch my bus (thankfully this was not seen by anyone lol *rubs bum and pouts*) By 2pm it had cleared and the 1" of fluffy flakes we had gotten were melted! Weird weird weather...

Its leg day for me tomorrow, so I will get to bed early today. I had a great visit with my chiro today and am looking forward to a good workout My acute shoulder pain is diminishing and I feel better than I have in ages! Wish Id tried this years ago lol

Mel, keep us updated on kitty! (I love animals!) and on GetLean (sounds like something I wouldnt do, but you never know! I love fruit more than any other food so it would be a nightmare for me)

Looking forward to sunday as well. mmmmmfruit day i mean... free day lol

Tidey
Old 04-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

Chelly - our sympathies for you and your entire family.

Weather!! Arrgh!! It's like the biblical plagues here in Toronto...first SARS and now a massive ice storm! I was desperate for a run yesterday so managed to get out before the rain turned to ice...glad I did, looks like it's sticking around for a while!

Weekly weigh in today, I'm down another 1 1/2 which means I've only got 2 pounds to go to make my Boot Camp goal.

Did you all really take a full week 'off' between challenges? Does that mean no workouts at all, or light workouts? What's the purpose of this free week - is it meant to be a psychological break or a body break or both?

What's CKD? Got a great book recommendation if you haven't already read it: Confessions of a Shopaholic. Hilarious read.

Tomorrow is free day, and I'm going to PLAN my free day for the first time. Yeah, I know, it's like planning to be spontaneous, but they feel self destructive instead of positive, and I want to eliminate the destructive part and work on the positive.

Have a great weekend everyone - Ilene, how's the weather up your way?

BethO
Old 04-04-2003, 03:11 PM   #95  
Uber-Moderator!!

BETH!! CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC is GREAT!

Have you read the other two books??? "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" (in the UK it was titled "Shopaholic Goes Abroad" or something like that) and the new one (which I actually read in November when I stumbled upon it in Harrods' when I traveled to London - it wasn't released in the States until last month) called "Shopaholic Ties the Knot".

All fun books to read IMO!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #96  

hey there everyone,

glad to hear that you are all doing *pretty* well, all things considered.

Mel -- hope you and your son get well real, real soon!!

i'm starting CKD on sunday and i'm super excited about it. it'll be somewhat hard at first, i'm sure, but then new beginnings sometimes are, right?

i'm going to do a bit of a strange workout schedule too, one that works well with CKD, taking advantage of the carb-loading energies at the beginning of the week.

i'm mostly looking for something to help me tame these peri-menopause symptoms that i've developed lately and my dr. seems to think that this will help, taking into consideration that i work out all week long.

hope you all have a great weekend. it'll be in the low 100's here tomorrow --- blah !!! TOO HOT !!

enjoy,

adriana
Old 04-04-2003, 07:08 PM   #97  
cac

Just wanted to say thanks to the person who suggested doing incline crunches. DAMN they make a difference! I could only do 8 until fatigue.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

cac
Old 04-05-2003, 09:24 AM   #98  

Default Ohhhhh the weather outside is frightful!

G'morning all!

I am in shock over this weather. I did not make it into work yesterday due to freezing rain which had been going on since Thursday afternoon. I have never seen it go on like this - wow! I'm glad I didn't attempt to go in yesterday cause they cancelled all my trains home so I would have been stuck in the city. Much nicer to be home with the dogs.

Can someone help me out. I also had to cancel my UBWO with my trainer this morning because the weather continues and my truck has a sheet of ice on it. Yesterday I shoveled the driveway for more than 2 hours and then my stepson came out to save me and he spent another 3 hours on it. (We have a huge driveway and no snowblower). Anyway, woke up this morning and EVERY MUSCLE on my UB is killing me. I was thinking I should skip my UBWO today and just do cardio because with the weight of snow I was lifting yesterday my UB already has a workout. Is this reasonable? Do you think that counts??

cac - my trainer makes me do incline crunches and they KILL me!!

adriana - please post alot of details about how you do with CKD, I'm really interested in hearing how your results go. And did you say it's going to be in the 100's? trade ya!

chelly - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

bethO - only 2 pounds away from your goal, that is fantastic! stay in the house today, no running on the ice ok?

MrsJim - cleaning stalls? Isn't that worse than shoveling snow? Sounds like a nice quiet, relaxing weekend you have planned. Let me know what you think of all the books.

Mel - glad you found the kitty!! Are you feeling any better?

Jamie - you may have issues getting out of your lease because you're such great tenants!! Just kidding.. Did you already complete a BRX program??

Meg - I loved your story about the little old lady at the gym. I can't even do 15 of the regular ones.. sheesh!

Sandy - good to see you back, I checked out your site. It's really great! Congrats on the loss! Size 14's!! that is SOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!

Sel - I'm really sorry but I am still giggling about what happened to you in the park..

KarlaB - congrats on your loss! Hope yer arse has recovered from the bike ride.

Ilene - did you get your housecleaning done? I didn't, after I talked to you I went back outside to help the boy finish shoveling, now I can barely move and still have all that cleaning to do. :-(

Mindi - it's tough not to compare yourself to others but I think it's the only way.

ebe - have you heard about the job yet? I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Deb - that is so great about Gold's saying yes to your class!! wahoo!!

Hi to Shelby, Jayne, lore, Jamie, Tidey and everyone else that I missed!

I have to go and start house cleaning - ugh. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Those in Ontario, please be careful, it's awful out there!

adena
Old 04-05-2003, 10:18 AM   #99  
Mel

Hello ice-bound Canadians! Sometimes I really miss living in TO and dh talks about moving back when ds finishes school- maybe to Peterborough- but then I read your posts and I don't miss it anymore! It's pouring and cold here, but at least you don't have to shovel it!

Adena- As long as you didn't just shovel one armed, I'd take that as an UPWO. If you are really sore from it, it was a workout. Others might disagree, but that's what I did when we had our numerous big storms this year. Or I counted it as back and bo's or chest and tri's since I don't do a classic BFL split.

BethO- I think planning free day is a good idea if you have been having bowouts that hinder your progress. One of the things that helped me at first was doing free 1/2 days- dont' start til after 3 clean meals, then 4 clean meals, then dinner and dessert only.

Today is shoulders, calves, abs and cardio for me- I've gone to a 4 days on, 1 day off split which really changes my weekends. Getlean really calls for a 3/1 split, but I found the 3 gyms days were too brutal and long and the recover too short for this old bod. I'm not used to doing anything but cardio on weekends, so this is a nasty change.

I already have decided I am not going to finish this program- I will do 5 weeks, up to Easter, then join the CKD folks. By that time, my calories on Getlean will be down to 1100 and I will be a raving lunatic again. I don't want to go beyond that since there is no show or photo shoot that I'm aiming for.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
mel
Old 04-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #100  

Mel -- i didn't know that you were thinking of doing CKD !! i'm starting tomorrow and to tell you the truth i'm both excited and a bit nervous.

i've been doing a carb-loading weekend, as per the advice of several people who strongly recommended it. some of them didn't do it before they started and their first week was pure torture !!

i'm doing cardio 3 times per week and weights 3 times per week, following the CKD recommended weights split. it'll be a bit strange doing the depletion on friday with the full body workout !! but i'm going to give this all a real good run for the money.

i'm just hoping beyond hope that this will all get me back in a bloat-less state of being. this has been horrible these past few weeks!! i'm also hoping that it'll re-start the fat loss that completely stalled with the carb problems.

a girl can always hope

take it easy,

adriana
Old 04-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #101  
Ilene the Bean

Hi girls,

How is everyone? I’m good, I’ve been “pretty” good this weekend, what usually happens to me with free days these days, is that I have 3 or 4 “treats” throughout the weekend and I eat clean the rest of the time... my treats this weekend have been chocolate, gummy worms, and sweet stuff.... whether it’s good or not I don’t know but ....... I don’t feel bloated and I feel good...

Hey ‘member when I was so tired last week ? Well now I know why I finally started my, you know, after 50 days!! Last time it was 67 days!! So I’m no longer tired and I feel good...

Ok did I miss something what is CKD??

Adena I know this is coming a bit late but I agree that you had a great UBWO with all that shoveling ... I really enjoyed out chat the other day too... I did do some housework to make it look good when everyone came home...hehehe....

Mel 1100 Calories!!!... OMG I’d be a raving lunatic too!! How are your allergies, have they discovered what it is or was?

BethO We were only hit with a very small storm which lasted the night on Friday and some rain on Saturday, which we didn’t have to shovel at all... whew!!...Not that I mind snow in the last couple of years because S does it all now... Good luck on your free day!

Adrianna Aren’t peri-menopausal symptoms fun?!?!? I’m not sure if it’s the peri-menopausal symptoms, but my lips are disappearing!! They have gone flat with all these weird lines around my mouth (yes, I know they are wrinkles, but darn, it’s like they appeared overnight!! And I’m having the most difficult time wearing lipstick, anyone have any suggestions??)

Well that’s it for me, life just goes on and things are fairly normal around here...

Later all....
Old 04-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #102  

Ilene: what about lip-plumping cream? The kind that tingles when you apply it, and is supposed to put the fullness back into your lips fast?
Old 04-06-2003, 07:40 PM   #103  
Peace with body and soul

BIG snow coming tonite and tomorrow. 'sigh' 6-12 inches. I think we should wait on Daylight savings.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:56 PM   #104  
ebe
noob

aaaaaaaah i'm with ilene, whats ckd?? lol i've been thinking what is that while catching up on posts.

i start my new job tomorrow wheeeeeeeee i'm actually excited, they called me on friday and i said saiyanora......errr how do you spell that......said adios to my temp job friday afternoon.

mel you have dedication lady! i'm always amazed.

i can't believe the weather in other parts of the country. this weekend has been amazing, blazing hot and utterly clear skies.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #105  
Ilene the Bean

lore: funny you should mention lip plumping cream... Today I bought something called "modelle" it's a collagen lip treatment... when I asked the girl at the counter about it, she said that it was selling like hot cakes, and some women were coming back to buy it a 2nd time.....
Closed Thread