Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 10:24 AM   #31  

Morning Ladies,

I am reading all the comments about menopause with great interest. Haven't noticed any symptoms yet and my pms has actually gotten better and my periods are shorter. (They have always run 5-7 days). My mom suffered for several years going through "the change", but my grandma said it was like going over a speed bump. Really hope I'm like grandama.

Jamie - Rollerblading is something I have always wanted to learn. But the idea of falling down at my age has definitely curbed my enthusiasm, even with all the padding that's available.

Mindi - I read the article you posted with great interest. It really brought back memories of my childhood and our Saturday morning breakfasts of eggs scrambled in butter with lots of cheese, bacon and buttered toast or oatmeal with tons of sugar, butter and milk. Poor mom thought she was being June Cleaver and serving her family nutritious meals.

Hello to everyone else. Back to work.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 04-01-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #32  
Uber-Moderator!!

Gooood morning!!

TIDEY - you know this past weekend I caught a portion of the Ujena Bikini Jam show on the Travel Channel. All I can say is if those gals can fit their 'racks' into those bikini tops, then you should have no problem whatsoever (now I'm saying this without really actually SEEING you but...) ANYway, I should have also recommend Ujena. Their prices are a bit higher than Venus, but maybe you'll like their stuff better! Go to their website and check out the Calypso Top - looks like that is VERY supportive. (Meg - ya gotta check 'em out too...you've worked long and hard - time to buy a sexy suit! And stop lookin' at that scale naughty girl!)

MY problem with bikinis is having to get a wax job. Not exactly my favorite activity - so I generally wear surf shorts rather than a bikini bottom. I might get a pair of those 'boy shorts' this year though.

Athletic shoes - I've heard there's a shoe store here in the Bay Area (Runner's Edge) that has a TREADMILL in place so you can 'try out' shoes, but I have never actually been there - I generally just buy shoes at Lady FootLocker or Sportmart.

As far as the neighbors peekin' - get a Super Soaker (water gun) from the toy store and next time they look over the fence, spray them good!

Ilene - Cadbury eggs?!? I must be the only person who doesn't like them - that center is just way too sweet for me. If I'm gonna have CANDY, the only stuff that works for me is SEE's candy. Yeah! Woo hoo!!

Hey, last time I did WW, they were still using exchanges - that was over 5 years ago I think

As for me I had a GREAT chest/tri workout this morning...along with some MAS cardio...gonna be a great day (even though the 80 degree weather seems to have left us in quite a hurry darn it!).

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #33  

Mrs Jim,

You're not alone! I HATE cadbury eggs! Always have! Nasty little things....

But then again I dont like Peeps either so... *shrug* Just fix me up with a "fruit and nut" bunny and Im a happy camper (raisins and almonds? Yes please!)

I couldnt find the style of top you mentioned, but Venus top sizing only goes up to 34DD. I need a 36 at least

I'll keep lookin tho!

Ive noticed my progress seems to have stalled, probably due to the missed cardio from my cold! AUGH! I thought weeks 8-12 were supposed to be golden, but I cant see anything happeneing at all

Time for another pic, it might just be my imagination.

Tidey
Old 04-01-2003, 01:05 PM   #34  
Uber-Moderator!!

Tidey - Oops - I was referring to Ujena's site, not Venus'. Ujena's sizes go up to 2X so I'm SURE they have something that fits!

Here's the Calypso top I was referring to...

Whaddya think?!?

Old 04-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #35  
Peace with body and soul

Talking HEY

WHERE DID YOU GET MY PICTURE????

Old 04-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #36  

ohh thats pretty

I love their stuff, but the top sizing is frustrating (again lol). If I order by my band size I would get a Large, but it says it fits a C cup.. if I order by cup size the band size would be enormous!

I think I'll just keep the one I ordered from the catalog here. Less headache and I can buy a nice expensive (sparkly!) one when I lose some more weight

Tidey
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #37  
Banned

Default I need your prayers

At the neurologist this morning he said I have to have a sleep-deprived EEG. If it comes back abnormal I will have problems getting my license even though I haven't had siezures or been on meds for years. (I have epilepsy.)

I can help things by getting LOTS of sleep before then. I just hope it's enough. This will cut down my time online even more.

Not having my license is preventing me from getting a decent job. In my field there is more often than not some travel required.

Didn't I say that I can find any and every possible obstacle with my eyes closed and my arms & legs tied? I'm trying very hard not to let this get me down.

no time to read a thign...gotta go to work!

Deb
Old 04-01-2003, 02:33 PM   #38  

Deb,

Yes, I will remember you in my prayers and hope you will pray for me as well.

Quote:
Didn't I say that I can find any and every possible obstacle with my eyes closed and my arms & legs tied? I'm trying very hard not to let this get me down.
I can so totally relate to this big time. It has so been my bane of late. Fitness and nutrition are going well, but the rest seems to be spinning out of control. Sending positive vibes your way.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 04-01-2003 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:49 PM   #39  
Hot Sauce!

Default Yummy!

Cadbury eggs..... yummy! I love them and always have one every year!

Deb - I hope everything works out ok for you. Keep us posted. Same for you Sel. Positive vibes being sent your way!

Mindi - damn girl! You are looking good!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #40  
Peace with body and soul

Hang in there Deb..there's no doubt a major rainbow waiting for you at the end of what I hope will be, your last test. You too Sel, hang in there, you girls have friends here to help you through the bad times.

Thanks Jamie, I try to look my best all the time. 'modest grin'

LOL
Old 04-01-2003, 04:03 PM   #41  

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Deb. Chin up!!
Old 04-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #42  
Mel

Hang in there, Deb and Sel!

I'm exhausted and starving today. And I hate Cadbury eggs, too. I left work early with a headache and sore throat, but went to the gym later and did shoulders, abs and cardio, and now I can't keep my eyes open. It's gonna be a long evening! I need to go grcery shopping and cook a ton, but the energy just isn't there.

On bathing suits- I bought about 4 of them last year, all 1 piece, and one 2 piece in which I will never appear in public! It's the skin thing. Don't want my seesucker tummy exposed. I've lost bf but not weight since I bought them, so I'm pretty sure they'll still fit. I love Marshalls and TJMax. I don't think I paid more than $25 dollars for any of them, and they are expensive suits- Ralph Lauren, Nautica, Jantzen.... I'd love to wear a 2 piece, but that is one of the sad realities that I faced during my depression over my unchanging body last winter. Not even a lot of surgery can change some things. My skin has looked like that since I was 27 and was pregnant with ds. It hasn't shrunk in 21 years, so another 3 months isn't going to make a difference!

Tidey- There are lots of companies now where you can get tops and bottoms separately and get the top by cup size. If I think of them or find em on the net, I'll post them.

Meg- Hope your dr. appt. went well. I'm at the exact same point.

Jamie- any news on the house?

falling asleep here-
mel
Old 04-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #43  
Uber-Moderator!!

Mel - Actually Ujena does sell bottom and top separately - I really like their service. The tummy skin thing is one of the reasons I wear surf shorts rather than bikini bottoms (along with not having to get a Brazilian wax which is not my idea of fun at all!). Besides, Jim and I seldom go to the beach - funny because as a SoCal boy, he LIVED on the beach in LA and San Diego growing up!

Mindi - so that was YOU on the Travel Channel?!? AH HA!!

Deb and Sel - Chin up! Everything will be okay, I know it!
Old 04-01-2003, 07:23 PM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Karen ~~~ OMG I hate Cadbury Eggs too!! They are WAY too sweet... I meant just the small PLAIN chocolate eggs that you buy in a mesh bag at just about every store, during the Easter season they wrapped in blue, pink, purple foil ,.... at Christimas they are in green and red ....

Deb ~~~ Sending prayers and good vibes your way!!

I'm having a tough time today staying on track.....

Last edited by Lanaii1; 04-01-2003 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #45  

Hey y'all!

Yesterday was a crappy day for me. I was tired, bloated and cranky and disgusted with myself.

Today is better. Got my haircut and that was an instant pick me up as my hair was really pissing me off lately. Friday and Saturday were freezing here (of course, those were the days my neighbor and I decided to have a yard sale. I used the money I made to plant flowers all day Sunday. Right now, it smells like a barn in the front

Anyway...

Deb --the cruise was a blast, but boy am I paying for it. Too much indulgence, but hey, that's what cruises are for, right? I hope your EEG comes out normal.

Tidy --Have you tried look at Land's End for suits? People really rave about thier suits. Not sure on their sizing though. However, Sears bought them out, so they may be cheaper now. And you wear that bikini!

Mel --I must have missed it, but what is Get Lean? I hope it works out for you.

ebe-- Woo! Congrats on the inches lost!

Beth --your floors sound beautiful! But are you SURE you want to stop sleeping in the dining room?

Jamie --good luck with the house!

Meg --Get thee a suit! You deserve it! But I know how you feel. Buying a swimsuit ranks right up there with a Texas summer with no a/c.

adriana --Stay safe over there!

Karen --did you get a brazilan bikini wax? You are brave. I've read how they are done and they sound painful and I hate pain. When I was in labor, the minute I stepped foot in the hospital, I asked for an epidural. I'm a wuss.

And I hate Cadbury eggs also. Give me solid chocolate bunnies any time!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread