Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 08:11 AM   #1  
Banned

Talking LWL #96 - 31 Mar 03 - Fourth week of bootcamp!

I hope it's ok for me to start the thread today. I am headed to work and didn't want to stick this on the end of last week's thread.

Mindi, is it really that important to cut coffee out? I mean, I don't drink it every day and when I do it's just one cup, albeit a big cup! coffee is my main treat! I know I could give it up without any problem, but I don't want to! I have so few indulgences as it is.

Roast beef and tuna are your breakfast foods? What happened to proatmeal?

So, you gonna get some new leggings or what? Congrats on your shrinking!

I love that site! Thanks!

Jamie, congrats and good luck house-hunting! How exciting! Getting out of my apartment is high on my list, too.

Thanks for the Schwarz. Principle info. I plan to at least get it at the library next week when I have lots of time off. Is it pretty easy to decide which plan you should follow? I'm not at all sure I really have any addictions. I like coffee but I can live without it. Don't drink it on a daily basis & don't make it at home. I'm sure she has a long list of things though.

Is your bicep/tricep/forearm superset workout from Draper? Congrats on your healing; you'll be 100% in no time! I am going to start using Dragon Speaking Naturally software as soon as my microphone arrives and I'm hoping that helps my tendonitis.

Ilene, thanks for the BRx compliment! It really was pretty remarkable. I got exactly the results the book promised-exactly when they were supposed to happen!

I'm glad you're feeling back to normal! Congrats on losing those inches! That's great! I'd rather lose an inch than a pound any day...well, at least that's what I keep telling myself! One of these days I'm going to believe it!

Tidey, Meg's right about the sizes. Oh, I feel the same way about having to get rid of too-big clothes! I love the smaller sizes but there are some things I wish would shrink along with me!

re: biceps-have you tried 21s?

Congrats on your leg press! Don't you love how strong it makes you feel?

I like your siggie...

Shelby, sounds like the cruise was great! I'd like to go on a cruise sometime!

CC, is the national guard still out like that? Sounds like enough to may anyone stressed out. There aren't noticeable changes around here, but this isn't NYC, either.

Mel, how's GetLean going? A 3-day split sounds a bit much to me. I was doing one for a while a few months ago and I didn't feel like I was getting a very good workout. Some people do well with high carbs but I'm kind of afraid of too many starchy carbs.

How was Ohio and DD's Lacrosse games? Did she get to play or was her ankle still bad?

Karen, how were you possibly awake enough to workout at 3:40 am?

Thanks so much for the cycling shoes tips on the other board! It'll help me know what to ask about when I check them out.

Way to go on those standing calf raises! Gold's doesn't seem to have one, which I think is strange. I miss doing them. Switching gym's has really messed with my leg workout. I don't like their leg presses either.

ChellyBella, how it going now? Are you getting used to the food? It does seem like a lot at first. I've always been afraid to try palm/fist. There's no way I trust my eyes! I've gotten pretty good at guesstimating most things but I still weigh everything to be sure. That way I don't get stressed wondering.

Adriana I hope this week is less busy than last week was with that big project you had to finish. Stay safe.

Beth, how are your projects going? I hope you found some great clothes!

Adena, are you getting all your meals in now? Watch the clock and don't let yourself miss them! It's tough sometimes but important.

Tami, I'm keeping positive thoughts that we'll be at peace by July and that your plans will go smoothly.

JC you're so organized! I wish I was half that good!

Meg, I agree with you about invisible women. I'm the same "me" inside but I believe in myself more now. My confidence makes others see me differently and treat me differently than before.

I had a great but busy weekend and have a busy week coming up. Have a great day!

Deb
Old 03-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #2  
Hot Sauce!

Default Good Morning

Deb, thanks for the well wishes on the house hunting. We are actually placing a bid on a house today and I am nervous, stressed and excited all at the same time. I just have to force myself to eat today and for however long this goes on for and I should be fine.
I am not using the Draper split, but the split is at abcbodyduilding.com in the 13 week fat burning workout. I wanted to give something new a try and it was interesting. Not sure if I liked it though. I also got to do pilates for the first time yesterday and no shoulder pain today! I am healing and I am so excited!

Today I slept in and will work out tonight because I needed the sleep. Yesterday was quite fun/exciting and stressful all at the same time. I have a million phone calls to make today so I will probably be a bit more scarce on the boards for awhile.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-31-2003, 10:12 AM   #3  

hey Deb and Jamie, good to see you on the new week's thread already !!

Deb -- thank you for the well wishes that's so kind of you to remember what my week was like.

Jamie -- sounds like exciting things are happening in your life now. good luck with the house and also with your road to full recovery with your shoulder. i've also been looking at that 13 week fat burner on the abc site. looks interesting, but i'm kind of scared of starting something that i'm not 100% on yet. i guess it wouldn't hurt to just try it and then see where it takes me to.

i've had a great sunday and monday, eating right on plan and working out real hard. i love the way i feel again without so much work and stress. i slept all day on friday and that kind of freaked me out a bit. i felt sooooooo disconnected, but that was the result of those 20 hour work days last week.

tomorrow is legs and swimming YAY !!! i'm in love with legs days !!!

hope you all have a wonderful week. i hope that you are all able to fulfill your self-promises from day to day and that you only have a great, happy and healthy week!

i'll see you all later,

adriana
Old 03-31-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  
cac

Hi everyone,

How was everyone's weekend?
Diamond Deb- what is BRx? Is it different then BFL?

Meg- SNOW. I aggree-were is Spring? I drove home from Ma Sunday in snow!! I could not believe it! And it is supposed to snow Tuesday. I am a little worried about my bulbs.

Lanaii- 360 on leg lefts WOW. I am impressed!!

Jamie- Good luck with the offer, just let the lawyers talk to each other. Closing on a house , takes longer then expected.

I have re-injured a toe I had surgery on 10 years ago. I have a Dr appointment on Wed. I have stopped all LBWO until then. Hopefully it is nothing major!

I finally "get it" why people have been writing about weighing themselves only once a week. I was becoming frustrated becasue I was noticing a difference in my clothes, but no change in the scale. I realize what counts is what my body is saying. So I have stopped weighing myself everyday and will only weigh myself on Thursday mornings.

I think the National Gaurd and the additional police presents (sp) are here in NYC for awhile.

cc
Old 03-31-2003, 11:40 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking GOOOOD morning everyone!!!

Hey Deb - thanks for starting this week's thread! I just got in myself...

All I can say is waking up at 3 am is a piece of cake when you have two playful cats helping out...it's funny because remember how nasty old Sparky was when we first adopted Megan? Well now it appears that he has figured out that he has a new playmate - he probably hasn't played with another cat since he was a kitten playing with his brothers and/or sisters (over six years ago). Now they are sneaking up on each other and pouncing, etc. Then when they get tired - they go to sleep - sometimes snuggled together, sometimes not.

Sorry for being so absent this weekend but I gotta tell ya, we had some GLORIOUS weather here - no way was I gonna stay in the house when it was 80-82 degrees outdoors! Had an AWESOME riding lesson on Saturday - cantered without stirrups - what a rush! - Jim and I went out and about, yesterday I went to watch my nephew's Little League game...just having a great weekend. Of course, it's supposed to start raining by Wednesday which is typical for around these parts...

I have a LOT of catchin' up to do around here!

CAC - BRX = Body Rx, which is a book by Dr. Scott Connolly. I have the book - just haven't really read it so I can't really go into details. Laura (Semmens) and a few others here know WAY more than I do about it!

Adriana - I like leg day too! In fact today WAS leg day for me...I worked 'em hard again - back to full-on squats now! I'm planning on changing my split on 14 April - I'll have to look at those abcbodybuilding splits soon...

Mel - how's GetLean goin'? We want details!!! Aarrrrgh!!!

Gonna have to check last week's thread - and get caught up today! Everyone have a super day!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:21 PM   #6  
Peace with body and soul

Hi guys! Deb, when you get a chance to read SP and SPII, you'll see why she is down on coffee, soda, etc. As for my breakfasts? Heck I NEED variety and I don't need to eat conventional breakfast stuff either. I'm rather a breakfast wh*re. *S*

I'm swamped today people. have a great one!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:19 PM   #7  

Karen -- you're right on the mark getting out with the good weather !! we're also having spring, bordering on summer here, and i'm getting out every day too. too bad i still have to come back in to work on the computer at all your riding lessons sound like soooooo much fun !!

Mindi -- hope you have a wonderful day too

cac !!! ------ i'm really proud of you for kicking the scales habit !!! sorry about the toe; ouch ! 10 years later is a long time to be suffering from that - YIKES.

hope everyone is having a great monday. i'm off to bed soon -- oh how i love to sleep

adriana
Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 PM   #8  

Hi all!

I went to see my chiropractor today ahh the relief. ive had a pinched shoulder all week. My cold is still murder but I will go to the gym tomorrow and do legs if it KILLS ME!

Still looking for a bikni for my 12 week shots... the only nice ones cost a mint! ($$$) so i might just stick to undies and buy a nice one when my boobs shrink a bit (yep! its the boobs that are making this a bad experiance! AUGH!)

Im off to get some more water. Hope everyone is feeling better than I am

Tidey
Old 03-31-2003, 01:49 PM   #9  
Uber-Moderator!!

Tidey - you should check out Venus Swimwear - they have a lot of nice bikinis (and some great sportswear) at petite prices...dunno if they ship to Sweden but worth a look!!
Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon LWL,

Tidey - Hope you feel better. Nothing can make you feel worse than a cold. Congrats on looking for the bikini's. I'm no where close to that yet.

CC - Hubby and I went into the city (manhattan) last week to catch Gato Barbieri at the Blue Note and my husband had the same reaction that you did last week. Imo, the soldiers will probably be here until the war is over and maybe even after that...

Jamie - Wishing you the best with your house offer.

The scale hasn't moved since my 2 lbs lost a few weeks ago, but today I had to fasten my bra in the second row and it feels loose, So though I don't seem to see it, things are moving in the right direction.

Mindi, Deb, Karen - have a great day. Adriana - enjoy your rest.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-31-2003 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:04 PM   #11  

Happy Monday all.. Well I wanted to jump on and say howdy. I didn't last week. I was having too much fun browsing all the posts. I have been OP for about a week and a half. Today I am back on and ready to loose this dreeded weight. I am also on the BRx program. As for the coffee topic, I have cut way back to 1 cup a day with lots of tea in the middle of the day. Still having a hard time with the water issue. Have a great day all!!
Old 03-31-2003, 03:46 PM   #12  

hey all
thanks for the well wishes

Im probably a 12/14 (EU44, but I cant figure out really because some stuff that is 16US wont fit in a million years, but some US14's are too big...) right now and have a ways to go to actually look GOOD in a bikini but my parents have a pool in the yard SOOO....

Screw everyone! I work out 6 days a week, Ive dont REALLY well on this and frankly if I want to wear a bikini I will. If you dont like it, what the heck are you doing looking in my parents yard? Thats a 8 foot fence!

(Im visiting my parents this summer btw, they live in Canada. Im stuck here in Sweden with my hubby!)

Ive been looking for bikini's on Ebay and in the local stores. I like the Venus stuff but all the tops Ive seen have been too small (I wear a 36/38DD with hopes of being a D soon!) There is a company called Footprints from the UK that does to DIE for stuff but its SO EXPENSIVE *sob*

i actually admired my butt in the mirror the other day lol. its smaller and therefore better looking, whatever the cellulite may indicate!

Ate pretty clean today, considering. Its hard to get stuff down when I have a cold :/ been drinking lots of water tho!

Tidey
Old 03-31-2003, 04:49 PM   #13  
Mel

Default Hello There!

Took me forever to catch up on posts and emails! I got home from a very long, snowy drive from Ohio at about 1am, and couldn't sleep til about 3! Still was vibrating from the cups of coffee I'd had around 5:30 pm. OSU beat UNC Friday night, and ds played, but her ankle was really painful and swollen again on Saturday, so she didn't play at all on Sunday's loss to U of MD (they are ranked #1 in the country, so the loss was no big surprise). I stayed at an "Extended Stay America" which is great for us folks that don't want to eat out much. Fridge, microwave, tiny stove and sink! Only ate 1 unauthorized meal and that wasn't too bad since it was scallops, asparagus, a potato, and a delish sauce with who knows what in it (and a small ice cream for dessert) I had prepared lots of baggies of brown rice, cubed chicken, cut vegies and ate my way across PA, WV and OH. The woman who roded out with me was "dieting" lol- bag of chex mix, then a bag of pretzels were all she ate until the tailgate dinner after the game at 9pm- then she had a huge plate of pasta salads and fruit. I just did not want to get into it- she knows I've lost 50 lbs of fat in the last year and a half, and she never asked me anything, so I just munched away every 2 1/2 hours. She did ask how many calories were in my oatmeals egg white pancake....

I got in my leg workout Saturday in a HUGE gym with Susie in Ohio from L&S- she's really a sweetie, and looks great. Sunday was supposed to be back and bi's, but I didn't want to get so tired I couldn't do the 8 hour drive home. So I just did abs, then took a fast walk.

GetLean is going OK- kinda hard to start a program when you are away from home. I can already see a big difference in the thickness of my skin from dropping dairy and no fruit. This makes my pants slide on easier, but makes the wrinkles in my face more pronounced There's just no winning at this stage! I like to see the quad cuts, but not the crows feet. I'm supposed to drop my calories by 100 next week, and add a 5th day of cardio, but I may stay at this level for another week since I'm making progress. The 3 day split, 1 day off thing stinks! I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout without spending 1 1/2 hr - 2 hours in the gym and that not even counting the cardio.
I don't want to tweak too much before I give it a chance, but I'm going to do a 4 day on, 1 day off split, and follow the nutrition to a t.

OK- I realize that was a me, me, me post, but I've got so much to catch up on a home. Laundry, groceries and general errands all piles up while I was gone. Plus our new kitty has gone into permanent hiding and no one can find her. She's coming out a night and eating and using the litterbox, so I know she's ok, but I wanted a pet, not a ghost!

will post replies later!

mel

Last edited by meliris; 03-31-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:53 PM   #14  
Uber-Moderator!!

Mel - didja check under the bed?!? That's where Megan hid the first week we had her, from Mr. Killer Sparky who has now become Mr. Playful and Snuggly Sparky! Don't worry - it's all new to her - she'll come around - one of those kitty ticklers might help too!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:23 PM   #15  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Morning all

I have to go to a seminar for work this afternoon so I don't have much time to post. I hop that everyone is doing great!

JC
Closed Thread