Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 04:27 PM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

To Mel's post above:

I am frustrated too... I see changes, but I see none!! It doesn't make sense, but what seems to be happening doesn't make sense either....
Old 04-02-2003, 09:33 PM   #62  
Banned

Thanks Guys! I really need your good thoughts right now!

I've got to be in bed by 10 pm so I'll have to read everything & reply over the weekend when I'm off. Here's a little update.

I am NOT going to let anything stop me from accomplishing my goals so I've come up with a good plan B. I need a perfect EEG so I can get funding for a 2-week class that will let me practice & get my license using their car. That's the easiest & quickest way & my first choice. Plan B, if my EEG isn't perfect, is to practice when I can using the cars that belong to someone at the employment agency & a good friend and use one of their cars for the test. This will take longer since it will depend on when they have the time.

I FINALLY got paid! It took one month to get my first paycheck, but at least I can pay some bills now!

I'm eating clean and working out. I got home from work at 5:05 pm and was ridong my bike toward the gym for spinning at 5:20 pm.

Last, but not least...

Gold's said YES to my class idea!

It pays to be persistant! Now I have to do tons of research and get a detailed plan, figure out marketing with Gold's, etc. They know this is a first step for me. I'm quite overwhelmed but very excited!

I miss you guys! Be strong and happy!

Deb who has to get ready for bed now
Old 04-02-2003, 09:54 PM   #63  

deb, cac:
hang in there!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:32 PM   #64  

Good Evening,

Read everyone posts and things seem to be going well. Went to the doctor for a check-up and turns out I am 1 lbs less on his scale than mine. Woo-hoo....this bootcamp has been good for me.

Deb - Great news about the class and your plan for getting your license.

Meg - Thanks for sharing the info.

Lore & Tidey - I so agree about the change in attitude toward food, my sweet tooth is virtually non-existent, even on free day.

CC- Sorry to hear about your foot.

Sel
Old 04-02-2003, 11:19 PM   #65  
Central Coast Chick

Hey Deb that's great news!!! It certainly does pay to be persistent!!

Jayne
Old 04-02-2003, 11:36 PM   #66  

Yay Deb!! Congratulations on the class thing! That is wonderful news! Your determination amazes me.

So much to read, here, so little time!

Trinidad, I like your Dr.'s scale better! That's great!

I've been slacking off more than I would like to say on the WO's this week. I'm determined to stay on course though.

Scale shows I'm down from 318 to 312!! Whoohoo.

I'm not as excited as I was when I started so I guess this is what you could call the end of my "honeymoon" phase. I've got something better than excitement though, I've got determination. I just keep thinking about how hard this is now and how I wish I would have started this years ago and that if I wait I will be still be wishing and not doing.

Last edited by ChellyBella; 04-02-2003 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:18 AM   #67  
ebe
noob

hey peoples

meg thats very interesting about the hormones. i'm really *not* looking forward to menapause....

deb - wow congratulations! thats so exciting, i can't wait to hear more about the progression of your class.

ileene - i know just what you mean about seeing changes and also seeing none....i'm too impatient though, i keep reminding myself i have to keep a much longer outlook on everything. but i guess you and mel have both been at this for longer and could see how it would be more frustrating.

mel good luck.....at least quitting is not an option. only perserverance

cac......that is terrible about your foot, it makes me cringe just thinking about it...ugh and the cost of orthotics.....ouch. =/

chelly keep it up girly being consistent over a long period of time is what its all about.

that makes me tired for some reason. yesterday i was so exhausted when i got home from work. i had planned on taking a day off from the gym and since it had been over a week since i took a rest day i didn't go to the gym.....i hate not going though, i feel guilty taking one day off a week.
AND last night i barely got any sleep. i drank about a gallon of water right before bed so i was up 5 times at least.....plus i had a job interview for a job that i would really really really like and the employer said they would be calling this morning.

i do so badly in interviews, i'm really anxious to hear if i got the job....today is one of those days where i'm going to have to psych myself up for the gym all day. i so want to try doing a light leg workout since my groin muscle hasn't hurt at all....maybe better to wait until next week...i can't decide.
i guess it would be better to wait, better safe than sorry.
i wish it was friday
Old 04-03-2003, 07:33 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

Seems to be a case of the blahs going around - except for you, Deb - great news! Keep us informed as your class evolves, okay?

I've got a bit of the blahs myself...since beginning BFL, I weigh myself once per week, and last week was the first week I didn't lose. Today is another weigh in so I don't see any scale loss I'll review what I'm eating. My workouts are good.

Did a protein check and found that I wasn't getting enough protein - only about 120 grams/day. Also need to up my water intake. So focusing on those two goals this week.

Lore, Tidey, I can't wait to transition from "Free Day Free-for-All" mentality...haven't managed yet. I do begin the day with full resolve to take it easy, and feel guilty the next day about 'losing control' but in between those two periods of rationality I'm back at binge eating. I'm going to sit down before free day this week and write down my free day meals/snacks/indulgences. The whole thing - maybe that can bring some brain into it.

I can see the end of C1...this is the end of Week 10 for my DH and I. And I guess deep down I'm disappointed that I'm not a huge transformative success story...don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with my changes, and have no intention of stopping. I'm just disheartened that it's going to take at least one more 12 week period to get where I want to be...if not more.

Maybe that's a carryover from the old diet mentality..."Lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks" magical wishful thinking which any plan of definite duration can trigger in me/us. And the more I learn about all of this, the more respect I have for those of you who have been following this challenging lifestyle for weeks, months, years more than me.

I've come to the conclusion in the last couple of weeks that there ain't no shortcuts: losing fat, gaining muscle, learning and adopting new habits, changing our brain patterns driving our behavior. And since there's no going back, the only thing to do is to keep going forward, day by day, regardless of whether we see progress, feel progress or just put another day of healthy living behind us.

BethO
Old 04-03-2003, 07:46 AM   #69  
Peace with body and soul

Ebe and Deb, good luck and good thoughts to both of you!

This has been a very good week, workoutwise, I've been able to keep myself focused and have been able to push myself to just one more rep when I just know I can't do another one. Its good to reach down inside yourself and force out one more rep, a GOOD rep, when before your mindset was 'oh this is too hard, I'm can't do it, may as well watch tv."

Its also been a good week foodwise. I think I have to stop putting such massive expectations on myself and be less critical of myself and not compare myself to anyone else.

I have a good sore today, one that's going to get deeper by tonite and into tomorrow and you know I'm HAPPY to have that sore and expect it now.

Raining today. Chilly too so no need to get out the shorts! Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:30 AM   #70  
Hot Sauce!

Default Mel!

Don't get down! Your measurements are showing a decrease so maybe the fat from your abs is going to go next. Hang in there, I would think of any decrease caliper measurements as a good thing! Alot of the time I feel like I am working hard and getting nowhere (kind of feel like I am running as fast as I can and getting nowhere). It sucks but what are you going to do? Give up and go back to your old ways? NO WAY! I couldn't even eat the way I used to if I wantd to. Health is part of my life. Keep on truckin.....

I have a case of the blahs this week too. I found out that someone else put a bid into the house we had bid on and now we are just waiting. I am not budging on our bid, so whatever happens happens. I have another list of 11 houses that just went up for sale over the last week so I am looking through the list and am planning on seeing a few of them this weekend. I am kind of bummed because the house we bid on is beautiful and a steal, but if it isn't meant to be than I can get over it.

I also started class last night and captain kick-a$$ is my teacher. Yay... He spent most of the night talking about himself, I think his ego was so big that I don't think he could fit out the damn door. I am going to dread my wednesday night class because of this guy. Let me just tell you a bit of the raving about himself we got last night....he is a naval commander (16 years), makes $87,000 (like I care). He also just got a CIO job for an IT firm making much more than he does now in the navy and he just can't stop talking about how great he is! He used to own 11 apartment complexes....he did this and that and this and that.... gag me please. I felt like asking him why he was teaching us...isn't that a bit lowly for this god-like man?

Anyway, I got home after 10 last night and slept in this morning. I had a hard time sleeping last night so I am going to need some green tea to keep me awake today and to get me through class tonight!
Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:42 AM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

ebe Ebe you’re tired too? My mother who is usually full of pep was tired.... Must be the weather because I snoozed like 3 times yesterday! Slept allllll night from 10PM to 4:30AM, BUT I could not wake up and stayed in bed till 6:30AM... Sooooo now I’ve missed my chest workout for today... I may go at 1PM.... actually I should say WILL go at 1PM.... I WILL go at 1PM....I WILL go at 1PM....I WILL go at 1PM....my mantra till 1PM...(. Well I gotta laugh about it because I fell like I’m gonna scream )!!

BethO You’re tired too?? It is certainly the case of the end of winter blahs!! But in a way I’m happy to hear that because at least we have a reason! I’m with you on the "Free Day Free-for-All" I think it would be a very good idea to write and PLAN a free day!! Oh, Beth as I’m reading your post I can so relate to what you’re saying about a “magic” solution.... There just are NONE, dag nab it!!!! And we MUST get that through our thick sculls... I’m having a difficult time of late too. Beth I bet a million bucks that if we did not do the "Free Day Free-for-All" we would see much better results... Maybe we should aim for that next challenge. What do you think?

Mindi So happy to hear that your week is going well.... send some positive thoughts my way....

DEBB!! Congrats !!! So happy to hear that for ya!!

Oh Girls, this is confession time..... Yesterday I was BAAAAAD.... Firstly I had lasagna, and those white carbs didn’t help my fatigue....secondly I had some hard candies at my mom’s.... thirdly I had some chocolate too.... OMG writing this all out makes me feel worse, and I can see that all that sugar after being so clean didn’t help my fatigue....But I am all the more determined to do good today, eat clean and go to the gym at 1PM... I WILL go at 1PM.... I WILL go at 1PM.... I WILL go at 1PM....

Ok I will let you know what I do at "1PM"

Later...
Old 04-03-2003, 09:34 AM   #72  

Morning everyone!!
It has been a good week for me as well. I got my butt on a bike the other day and actually went on the bike trail. Grant you I only did about 30 min but its better than nothing. Now I can barely sit down. My butt bones hurt. I am down 2lbs this morning so I am thrilled about that.

Mindi- its sunny here but cooler. Glad you are having a great week.

Everyone else hope your weeks are going great!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:54 AM   #73  

Hey all!!

I've been feeling pretty blah myself, with getting over my cold and I almost didnt go to the gym today but Im SO GLAD I DID!!

I have a new personal best! 45kg for lat pull downs!!!!!!! Thats over half my body weight! WOOOHOOO!!!!!! i'll be doing chinups in no time (well ok, thats my goal for the year. 1 chin up!)

I also made the banana nut muffins from the L&S recipie page... YUM! Theres my meals for today!

Ive been eating a lot of protien powder lately because im so DAMN SICK of meat and eggs and CC. Hopefully this will pass soon

Well, off to surf the net!

*HUGS*
Tidey
Old 04-03-2003, 10:41 AM   #74  

Mornin Everyone,

The worse thing ever happened to me in the park.... There I was walking at my top speed, arms bent at a 90 degree angle, chest up and slightly forward, feet doing the correct ball to heel roll, when a group of senior citizens sped by me like I was standing still. My competitive spirit rose to meet the challenge. So, I increased my arm swing and foot speed to catch up with and then pass them. Wonderful visions danced in my head of them marveling at my spectacular walking form as they watched my back disappearing in the distance. NOT-couldn’t catch them at all and had to slow down to catch my breath. Oh the agony, oh the defeat. The hard part is that most of the group look like they are in their seventies and not very well preserved. I came home to work out a new walking plan. To paraphrase Scarlet O’Hara – No senior citizen will ever out walk me again.

Sel
Old 04-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #75  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Talking Hey Everybody!!!

Hi Guys!!

Boy have I missed you all. I have been so busy with my home daycare, tanning, walking, and houswork that I jsut have had no time to write.

I'm down from 210 (which is quesionable; maybe 200) to now 183! I can almost button my size 14 shorts. A month ago I couldn't even get them up my legs!!

I have the weight bench set up but am getting frustrate with it because I don't know how to do the proper excersices. I really want to work on my arms, tummy and legs but I spend 30 min each day this week trying to figure out how to use the darn thing!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions would really help.

How's everybody doing?

Oh...btw...PLEASE check out my new web site. Take a lot at the pictures too. SIgn my guest book too

www.tlcchildcare.8k.com

Sandy
Closed Thread