Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 10:54 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking LWL #94 - 2nd week of bootcamp - 17 Mar 03

Hey everybody!! Hope y'all are having a super St. Paddy's day!!! (I don't have ANYthing green in my wardrobe - thank goodness that I'm not in grammar school anymore - otherwise I'd be pinched black and blue )

Got a lot of catching up to do...but FIRST time to have Meal #1 and get my butt over to work...I don't spend a lot of time on the computer on weekends so I have lots and lots and lots of reading to do.

More laters y'all! Post away!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 11:12 AM   #2  

Default I FEEL GREAT!

Wahooo. Did cardio this am - after a nice night's sleep (FINALLY!) I also think (once again) I am not eating enough - fixed it as of today. I felt bad all last week and was sooooo very tired. But yesterday I ate more and got some sleep and I feel great. Listen to your body - it tells you want it wants!

HUGE Blizzard coming tonight - going to the store (along with the rest of the city) to stock up on food and other things.

I am ready for Week 2!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:17 AM   #3  

Okay, I am new to this. So what exactley is the boot camp thing? I too am in colorado. So I understand this blizzard thing. We will have to see if the weather people are right this time!!!! But really was just curious about this boot camp thing? I just joined this web site and am looking for some motivational tools. I am 5 foot nothin' and weight 118. That is way down from a whipping 140. So i'm doing good but am struggling witht he last few pounds...... I do weight training with my hubby 3 days a week and aerobics 5 days a week. Any one have any other suggestions....... Thanks for any info!
The Newbie!
Old 03-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #4  
Hot Sauce!

Wow, I cannot believe it is Monday already! Sheesh, where did the weekend go?!!!!
Yesterday I ended up working my biceps/abs and lower back out and than doing about 2-3 miles of rollarblading with my mom in the afternoon. it was so beautiful out yesterday. It was kind of odd to have on a tanktop and jeans and be on rollarblades with huge mounds of snow on the side of the road.
Today I plan on doing some cardio on my lunch and maybe throwing in some light calves. I have been feeling a little pain in my achilles tendon so I have been going real light on my calves. I think I may have overstretched it two weeks ago. Sheesh, I am falling apart here!
My first week was a 100% success and I didn't even have a free meal over the weekend because I didn't want one. Very odd for me, but I will just go with the flow! I think it may have something to do with the new nutrition plan I am following.
I also have a two week break before my spring semester in college starts and I need it! Whew, 2 more semesters to go!

Welcome to the board 4x4goddess! The bootcamp is just a 7 week bootcamp where everyone follows their own program whether it is BFl or body rx or something they have made up. I have found it to be quite motivational and the women in this group are wonderful! The last few pounds are the worst, I have been struggling with my last few bodyfat %, trying to get rid of it, but it doesn't come off easy! Personally I think you may be doing too much cardio and not enough rest. Make sure you are eating enough also!
Whew, I think that is all for now!
jamie
Old 03-17-2003, 01:01 PM   #5  

Red face

Saturday In the park. Any one else remember that song by Chicago from 1972? That's the the year I graduated from Jr. high school and was quite,quite full of myself. Oh, my poor mom. Anyhoo, I had a great weekend walking in the park and participating in my favorite sport of people watching.

Niffer glad you are feeling better this week. Welcome 4x4 Goddess. Does that mean you drive a 4 wheel drive?

Weights are done...meal#1 & #2 down. It's a good day.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. It's such a big deal here in New York....people wearing green hats, the Parade down Fifth Avenue, the beer, corn beef and cabbage. I just love it. It's in the 60's here.....so sorry you guys are getting snow. I've had my fill of the white stuff this year.

Have a good day.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-17-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #6  
cac

Hi,

I purchased the BFL book on last wednesday and started the Program Thursday. I feel great! and the workouts are going well.

I do have a quesiton can you fee food day be a different day then you free excise day?

cac
Old 03-17-2003, 02:12 PM   #7  
Mel

Default Free day

Hi cac and 4X4! Glad you are joining us.
Your rest day and free day don't have to be the same, but most people find it easier, especially at first, to do it that way. That way you have 1 totally unstructured day out of 7. If you are not going to align them, I'd be real careful to make sure you get a few clean meals in around your lifting or cardio before you start your free day feast. If you can be pretty controlled on free day and keep it to a reasonable dinner with dessert, I don;t think it much matters. If you are going to go for an all-out carb fest, you're not gonna feel like doing much intense exercise if you start eating first.

I'm changing my split this week back to my old favorite. That causes only 3 days recovery for chest since last week, and 9 days between biceps. Hmmm...I'm gonna be sore, but I don't like the split I've been doing, and I did it for 4 weeks, so that's enough.

Most of our giant snow piles are gone- just little patches here and there. It was weatherwise a beatiful weekend! I cleaned out some gardens, went on a short bike ride with my son ( geez, he's out of shape!) and then spent the rest of the weekend trying to get him to do homework and helping him type reports. He's gotten really good at baking cookies since MOM refuses to make them anymore. I decided no freedays for this bottcamp, but that went out the window this weekend with his batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies, then a trip to a good Chinese buffet. I made good choices there- but still more food than necessary. soooo- glugging down my water, and paying more attention to doing what I say I'm gonna do.

4X4- I agree with Jamie about the aerobics. Try some really intense High intensity interval training (treadmill, bike, sprints outside, elliptical) for 30 minutes 3X week instead. What does your food plan look like? I can't get the last few pounds of fat off either, but I know it's my food, not my gym time that is the culprit.

Niffer- Please keep that blizzard out there- we've had enough here.

Hi everyone else- gotta go,

mel
Old 03-17-2003, 02:23 PM   #8  
Banned

Welcome Goddess! I agree that it sounds like a bit too much cardio.

Jamie congrats on the clean eating! Enjoy your break!

Sel, Saturday In the park always brings back memories!

Cac you can take them separately, but it's better to take tham together most of the time. Clean food fuels good workouts.

The scale is back down 1 lb. today. I took measurements and they are much kinder than the scales! Lots of downward movement, including a 1.5 inch loss from my abs!

Cardio & abs this evening. Laundry & a 4 pm appt come first!

Gotta run! Have a good one!

Deb
Old 03-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #9  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Talking Excited!!

Good afternooon Gals!! Hope you're having a great Monday!

I have some exciting news that I've been dying to share....

You know that I am totally new to this healthy lifestyle, infact, that why I joined this forum because I needed the encouraged meant, right?!? Well.....I told you guys that I was going to start this change today but instead, I've been doing it all wekkend! Infact, not only have I been walking 2 & 1/2 miles (twice daily) BUT>>>>

WE BOUGHT A WEIGHT BENCH!!!!!!!!!

Ok...I know that this may not be exciting for you guys because most of you go to a gym BUT...the mere fact that it was Glenn's idea really means so much!

He walks with me and he's setting up the bench tonight. It's a great first start for me. He is very over weight also. He's just as excited as I am.

I think what changed his mind was being in Atlanta this past week for a conference and being around other "professionals" that looked great and healthy. He works at home also (accounting) and he's not around peers often.

Guys....this weekend has been the best and I'm so excited.

Thank each of you for your support! I think of you all as I'm walking!

Oh...did I mention that we're eating HEALTHY????!!!! We are eating only ff stuff and chicken/fish and fresh veggies.

I haven't made sweet tea (it's a southern thang) in a week. We've been drinking bottled spring water.

I'm having headaches but I'll live with that.

Love you guys~
Old 03-17-2003, 02:48 PM   #10  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Red face DUH!!

Ignor the spelling in the last post by me: "encourage meant"

I told you guys my head is hurting! That should read: encouragement
Old 03-17-2003, 02:50 PM   #11  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Angry one more thing...

Welcome cac and 4X4! Glad you are joining us.

Where are my manners today?!?
Old 03-17-2003, 03:11 PM   #12  

Yes 4x4goddess, becuase my hubby and I love to go rock crawling' in our toyota 4runner. It's a beast. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As far as my meal plan goes it's pretty light. I try to stay right around 1200 calories. I have been mixing the interval aerobics training with the normal aerobics(I work out at home so only have access to certain equipment) I mainly do step aerobics and then I weight train. I just have like 5 stubborn pounds.... They must really like me, because they aint leaving for nothin'. I have actually contimplated that hollywood 48 hour diet. But am seriously skeptical. I don't want to loose a bunch of just like water weight ya know! Well thanks for the input everyone! And again thanks for the warm welcome!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #13  
Hot Sauce!

Default 4x\4goodess...

1200 calories is not alot of calories for your activity level. Your body may be in starvation mode. I would seriously reconsider your calorie intake!
Jamie
Old 03-17-2003, 03:30 PM   #14  

Sandy, congratulations on getting your weight bench. Oh, the fun you are going to have with it. I like working out at home...no waiting for the machines or weights.

Welcome CaC. Look forward to getting to know you.

Mel, those cookies sound good. Have to put them on my list for free day.

Gotta run.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-17-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #15  

What would you suggest. I'm only 5 foot tall! And am a small framed person. Should I just up a small amount and see what happens. I have to say that on Saturdays I eat what I want.... This weekend we got McFlurries..... So I do have one splurge day! Any input would be appreciated!!!! Thanks!
Closed Thread