Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2004, 12:36 AM   #166  

I had a great day today. Worked out at the gym this morning and burnt 470 calories in a hour and five mins and I was under my points for the day.

DeenieD - It sounds like you did good for the weekend You might want to try planning your weekend days out in advance so there are less surprises.

Trixi - I'm impressed! I never get everything done I need to get done on the weekend. I also love the idea of pre-planning meals. I'll have to try that out.

Jedi - I mix cardio workouts with my Curves work outs so I can still do something on weekends.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 AM   #167  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Well, I just wanted to stop in and let you gals know I didn't fall off the wagon Saturday. Instead I did a flying leap, head first swan dive flat on my face!!! The green beer flowed and then at midnight it was appetizer festival. Our group ordered one of every appetizer and pigged out in the hotel bar. Not good. I weighed myself this morning and was back to 181! Holy S#$!***!!!

I did get up and did the WATP 2 mile walk right away. Had a cup of oatmeal for breakfast and have a Slimfast lined up for lunch. I'll stop back in later for longer chat!

Everyone have a great day! Back to work and OP for me!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #168  

Wink Let's forget about week 2....

Morning FDC's:
Sounds like everyone, including myself had a very challenging weekend 2. Might have been because we all did so well Week 1 that we got a little comfy and of course all the other external factors didn't help. But just try to remember what would have happened if you weren't on a program, would you just keep going in the downward spiral OR would you bounce back like you're already doing! So, I guess I'm just trying to remind everyone to keep it in perspective. I think we're all doing very well under the circumstances

I feel okay with Week 3 so far. Went to Cardio Kickboxing yesterday (human torture) and had 30 points instead of 25. Today I will do my Power90 sculpt and 25 points. I'm concerned about my willpower on my trip since I already had a dream about having a frozen hot chocolate at a place called Serendipity 3 in Manhattan. Not to mention the Cosmos's a la "Sex & the City". Hopefully I will fair well and report back lighter.

Boating-Your back on track again so no worries. You might have retained a
lot of water from the appetizers so it might not be as bad as ya' think.
Remember, we all had a bad day last week.

Trixi-You're "spa" day sounds great. Those little rewards are just the
thing us girls need sometimes. Hey, I thought my hubby is the only person
in the world who'll watch certain TV programs in 5 hour stretches (like College Basketball and NASCAR!) Drives me crazy.

Water-Wow, 11 ACTIVITY points? That would take me a full week to achieve. That's great, AND you came in under-points (I always seem to
exhaust all of mine plus some.

Jedi-TOM is Time of the Month. Now if someone can explain OP and DH.
Is it "on program" and "domestic husband" Not sure.

Deenie-Surprise days are always going to be there, I think we'll eventually
learn how to manage them. I agree it is hard, but I think once we lose most of our weight we're not going to want to regress to our old habits.
And re your appreciation, just wanted to say Thank YOU for joining us!

Hope everyone else is having a great Monday so far!

"It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not."
~unknown

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 03-15-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 AM   #169  

Good Morning Everyone!

Ugghh...It's been a busy last week with no hope for it slowing down either. I hit a few bumps in the road by choice. By the middle of last week I was so bloated! For NO reason, the day before I had had plenty of water, had been eating healthy, etc...etc...
Thursday night I caved in and had popcorn with Smart Balance Spread. Friday Night I ate whatever DH brought home from the store for him and the kids. Let's see...2 pieces of friend chicken, tortilla chips with salsa and some Breyers low carb chocolate ice cream and last night I had some nasty mac N cheese with chili......

With all manual labor I've been doing I should be okay! The kids and I have unloaded 2 pickup truck loads of woodchips and put them down on a 100ft. driveway flowerbed. Painted an arbor. Planted new grass on the side of the house. Loaded and hauled away some old wood. Not to mention the inside repairs and daily chores.....

Ok...Confessions out in the open.....I"m not weighing in today! We'll see what loss I have next Monday!

It's back to work for me again this week, finishing up some staining of window sills, placing some new molding, mowing & edging the grass. I'll have to organize and clean the garage, then there's the house cleaning before the realtor comes. A lot of this work is falling on my shoulders because DH is working overtime including Sat. I'll def. be ready for a vacation, which should keep my mind set on healthy eating and focused on the weight loss.

While I didn't make the best choices it could have been worse.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #170  

I am in my office easting lunch right now...so just a quick note. I agree with you about last week being a killer Hula....it certaining was for me. I did go back over all the posts and found my motivation again. I will stick to my goals for the week. Talk more later...

FYI Op (yes on program) DH (darling Husband) DS (darling son) and so on :smile:

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:49 PM   #171  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Another one checking in after a challenging week. TOM, combined with a crazy schedule and some half-baked idea that this would be a good time to strip wallpaper and paint my office left me eating pizza and take out and not exercising enough. No loss, but hey, no gain either.

Today brings a new week where I've made a promise to myself to stay within my points, drink my water, and exercise at least 4X.

Thanks all for sharing your struggles, it makes things so much easier to know I'm not alone and that just because real life gets in the way sometimes that's no reason to *give up* and go back to okd eating habits.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:11 PM   #172  

Default Ahhh Monday

Good evening all....another Monday almost over. Had a pretty good day today stayed op with food and vitamins. I didn't get my exercise in today cause I am pretty tired but will definately do it tomorrow. I am burning again so thats good news.

It is going to be a better week for us all.....We just have to find the same motivation we had the first week. By supporting each other we can do it!!!!!

I am not going out on St. Patrick's day so I can stay OP. I think my fiance will go out but me I am going to be a good girl. I need to lose this weight and all the little self gratifiscation I have given myself has put me behind. I have to stop thinking that I have sixteen weeks to do this instead of thinking that every minute op counts.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and will talk more tomorrow.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:54 PM   #173  

I am sitting here typing this feeling like a beached whale - I really blew it. I was ok for breakfast, and lunch wasn't bad, but at the dept meeting today I ate several LARGE cookies, that were full of junk.

I got home and was even more ravinous. After unloading my woes on dh I did eat protien for dinner and I did do my weight video - but I got back into that thinking - "long ways off - looks so good - etc"

Reflecting back on the meeting, I realize I really am a can't eat just one gal. I could have pigged out on the whole box - except I needed to leave some for others

Well - tomorrow is another day - hopefully more OP
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #174  

Hi everyone. Just checking in after a long day. The weekend with my relatives was a struggle, but I did OK. I laxed a bit with my calories, but nothing too horrible. I got back on a strict plan today and managed to make it to the gym.

I hadn't touched base all weekend so just wanted to check in and let you all know I am still in this....more tomorrow.
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #175  

Good Morning! Well, I worked at it very hard yesterday and the scale was back to 180 this morning. Going to do it again today! Still have to make up the other three pounds, but that is going to happen, I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Got the JCPENNEY swimsuit catalog out and looked through it for motivation. That seems to work somewhat for me. All those skinny chicks looking so great and confident. That's what I want! Just 5 more days till the first day of spring! Yippee!!! Warmed weather can't get here soon enough. Although with warmer weather comes lighter and less clothing . Gotta get these pounds off!

Well, everyone locate their motivation. Mine was hiding in the pantry behind the Kashi Go Lean cereal. I yanked it out of there and put it in my pocket for the day! Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 AM   #176  

Exclamation I will not be scalebound. I will not be scalebound. I will not be scalebound.

Good Morning FDC's. Just checking in very quickly. Don't know about you girls but I'm learning a lot about myself and this challenge is turning out to be a period of introspection along with everything else.

Case in point: I realized that I subconsciously eat a lot when my house is a mess! Yesterday, I had a bad day overall - didn't get a job I interviewed for and was sore from kickboxing so I didn't exercise AND the house was a bit of a mess SO I consequently ended up going over points. Okay, so I've identified the behavior that needs to change: Emotional eating!

Case in point 2:
The scale is controlling my life! So, I vow along with some of you gals to stay away from that heap of metal until I weigh in each week. When it is a low number boy the birds are chirping, I'm superwoman and think I can end world hunger and win a nobel peace prize. But when it's on the high end of the spectrum.....I'm a loser, probably the cause of world hunger, and basically that little sad animated character from the Zoloft commercial. Therefore, I vow to not be scalebound moving forward!

I will write more later. I'm OP today, got exercise in and just need to follow thru with an acceptable number of points. I want to thank you girls for being there for this life changing period. You are the true pillar of strength!

"I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down"
~Christina Aguilera "Beautiful"
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:47 PM   #177  
Jedi

Angry

Wow - sounds like everyone had a full weekend! Everyday is unstructured for me since I am home all day with the kids. This makes it very challenging.

CanonGal - That sounds like some seriously intense labor. Good Luck! You are welcome to come to my house next!

Trixi - The self gratification will be so much bigger when it's because of losing this weight instead of small indulgences on the way. We just have to get there to realize it. Before getting pregnant I was at my goal weight and the feelings of accomplishment, self worth, and overall confidence was better than I had even imagined (which I didn't think was possible). Remembering how that felt is some of what keeps me going this time. Knowing that feeling is so much better than the candy bar staring at me in the checkout line makes it a little easier to resist.

DeanieD - I am not a "just eat one gal" myself either. As a child my mother was intensly strict about our food so my brother, sister, and myself all became closet eaters. As soon as mom wasn't looking it was a game to see how much I could eat without her knowing about it. Talk about bad habits! I've been known to polish off an entire 6 pack of blueberry crumb muffins in one sitting washed down with chocolate milk. I really had to change my way of thinking for this obstacle. Especially since I am so sensitive about people telling me what I CAN and CAN'T have. If someone at work brings donuts in, for example, I have to think I CAN have as many of those as I choose but I CHOOSE to say no thank. Maybe it is just the feeling of control.

AZKitty - Glad to see that I am not the only one not on the low-carb train (no offense anyone). If you have any low fat hints, suggestions, or recipes my ears (and mouth) are wide open.

BoatingMommy - Maybe you could cut some of the skinny swimsuit girls out and stick them on your fridge just as a reminder. I have even taken it so far as to tape them to specific foods inside the fridge. Yes, my tub of butter would not be complete without the skinny model on top!

Hula - I don't even have a scale in my house anymore!
I honestly was listening to the song Beautiful as I was reading your post! I make it a point to play that song everyday - I love it!

I went back to the Curves that has my "original scale". The evil one saying 186.5 this time it said 179.5. 7 pounds in 5 days? I called my doctor who said that it could partially due to the fact that I am still nursing my baby. I've just been eating so much crap that I haven't given myself a chance to take advantage of the weight loss aspect of it. My plan was to stop nursing next week though! My baby will be 7 months and we finally got her to take a bottle. Maybe I'll push it to the end of next week so I can utilize this for the rest of this week as well as next. It almost feels like cheating though.

Everyone - have an awesome day! Staying OP can only get easier with time!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #178  

Default Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to check in for this week. I'm only down 1 more pount to 193lbs. now. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm not no where near to giving because I lost and did not gain any weight.

This week is starting off a little slow for me, but by Wed. 3/17 I'm hoping to be full steam ahead and very very positive about this challenge.

Hope everyone else is more successful, but most importantly, staying focus.

Begin Wt.=261
Current Wt.=193
Goal Wt.=140 (or 130)

Good Day!!
PATMARTINBRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:47 PM   #179  

I think I am getting sick....darn it...I hate when you get the feeling and you just know......grrrrrrrrr. I took some Echinacia this morning...let's hope it helps, but right now...I just don't feel good.

I weigh in tomorrow and the scale is not showing much - we shall see. It is so frustrating sometimes when we work so hard at the gym and eat well and ....zilch. Like, what is that? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME? What do I have to do? Eat lettuce? Live on bird seed?

Boy am I encouraging today or what?

I think I feel fat today. Yup, I definately feel fat today. It's a fact. Big, Fat, Me. I don't even want to get dressed today. If I get dressed I will have to put on clothes. I will try on the clothes I want to wear, they won't fit, and I'll have to put back on my fat clothes. Maybe I should just go buy a tent. That's it, I'll march right into the store and ask for some assistance in choosing a tent that fits.

I just had to get that out. I hope I am better tomorrow. Sometimes if I vent like this and go back and read it, it makes me laugh. I just read this post I just wrote, I laughed ...I think I am better now.

Thought maybe some of you could relate...
Kitty

Last edited by AZKitty; 03-16-2004 at 06:20 PM.
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #180  

Jedi,

Gotcha there!!! I do have skinny chicks on the fridge! The one is wearing the swimsuit I would like to buy. Very cute tankini with kind-of a psychedelic print. Very cute! The little voices in my head are mostly keeping me away from the BAD, VERY EVIL foods in the fridge. I also tossed out some of the bad stuff just so it wouldn't be a temptation. Thanks for thinking of me and for your ideas!!! You are a great help.