Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #106  

Thumbs down Confessions of a Dangerous "Fatface"...

Doesn't make for a very good movie title, but I'm fessing up! I was bad, bad, bad last night. My TOM started and some old friends also came over to visit the same day. I was so busy having fun and I didn't even log in my Dietminder what I had eaten until the end of the night - only to see that I ate double my daily carbs AND points (so I had 52 carbs and 50 points). I feel very gross. So, there you have your first "goof-up"! But I came clean, right?

My plan for the rest of week 2 to redeem myself:
I will need to make some adjustments (like adjusting my points to 20 til Sat) and work out daily 'til Saturday because I definitely don't want any of that 5# bag of "potatoes" back!!!!!

Liss-I will check out that ice cream-saw it at the store. I had the Atkins Endulge Premium Butter Pecan and it was pretty darn good. Didn't have that bad aftertaste like the Atkins i.c. cups.

Pat-Yay, 3 gone! Do you know if you are going thru "ketosis"yet? Or are you tracking it? Just curious.

Mahtha-The scales moving in the right direction so just go by that! Good job on the 4#!

Dena-I'm interested in the Blueberry Mango Muffins, I tried the Apple ones which were pretty good! Zen Bakery also makes Fiber Cakes which have like 9 grms of fiber in each muffin. At TJ's when not going low-carb I buy the TJ brand White Cheddar pirate's booty and the Dynamo Juice (has 33% calcium!). Nowadays, my staples are: the Flax and Soy Tortilla Chips, Fresh Guacamole in the box, Fresh Mozzarella (Ovolini), I'll think of others. Feeling strong is a great feeling -- keep up the great work!

Trixi-Regarding the "fatface". Funny the things people say that are "supposed" to sound like compliments. I'm sure that person meant well. I wish people would just say things like "You look great!" plain and simple. I used to get a lot of "WOW, you lost SOOO much weight!!" "You were SOOO big before", etc. It was still hurtful to me even though it was disguised as a compliment. I don't need to tell you that you are doing great and an inspiration to us all!

Boating-LOL! That Beetlejuice visual was a funny one and kabobs sound
great-I love kabobs!! (Never thought I'd use Beetlejuice and kabobs in the same sentence by the way.) Anyway, you'll do fine on St. Patty's Day (learn from MY mistake!) May sound strange but for me having that occasional beer helps me keep it in perspective, HOW BAD I WANT THIS so that added "clarity" when I have a little "buzz" going actually helps me stay motivated.

AZKitty-I admire your strength while traveling - now that is hard! It doesn't sound like you "blew it" at all. I ate three times as much last night, so don't feel bad you are doing great.

Hellooo and keep on "clickin'!" to everyone else!!

"Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track."
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #107  

Good Afternoon Gals,
Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. We are aiming to put our house up for sale in two weeks. I have a ton of work ahead of me. So, yesterday I spent a good 3.5 hours in the yard doing all manner of chores. I'm sore today. I've been slacking off on my water intake. Today's goal it chugga lug!
While doing some scrubbing today I was doing some heavy thinking about this challenge. I've marked out on my calendar 3-5 week mini challenges. I'm hope I can lose 10# on each section. That would put me at 30# drop for this challenge. I started this challenge at 197. But I know my high weight was at 205 just after Christmas.

I've been reading "She's Come Undone". I'm close to finishing. I may elaborate more on that latter in regards to my own weight and food experiences.

I do feel like I'm gaining a lot more controll over food rather than the food having controll over me. A big part of that is being prepared. Which I need to get in that kitchen and make up a huge salad and thaw some chicken breast for dinner. Tonight my daughter has ice skating lesson. That got me into trouble last week. Not being prepared. Once you get to a certain point of hunger it's too late. Don't want to do that again.

It's all a mental game of controll don't you think? Were gonna do it Chickies, Were gonna do it. Focus hard and gain controll!!

If I go missing, I'm just working on the house. I'll check back in when I can.
Eat Healthy Girls~
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #108  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Talking

Hi Ladies,
I've been away. I'm at my sisters now so I have access to the web again. I'd read all the posts but I don't have time, sorry
To those that are doing well, keep it up I see that som are doing very well. And to those that are not doing that well, get going, you're doing this for you!! And for your DH for Fathers Day. If you're like me, my weight makes me unhappy nad in turn that makes my DH unhappy.
I've joined TOPS here and we'll see how that goes. I'm sure it will be good. I've been exercising here too. Well, gotta go
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:22 PM   #109  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default I am a domestic goddess!!!

Good evening! Good thing these computers haven't gotten to the point where you can see the person typing. I take an artisitc flare to painting a room. I have quite the abstract configuration across the front of my shirt...my hair is slightly peachy (which is the color of the new bathroom walls), and I just found a smudge across my nose as I scratched an itch. Quite lovely! Good thing I have been doing the arm excercises with light weights. I may actually be able to lift my arms above my head tomorrow!

How are all you chickies doing? DewCan, glad to hear that you are still plugging away at it. Canon, I've never heard of that book, what's it about? And you are right, at least for me, it is a game of control. My little inner voice, (okay, so I hear voices!) keeps my in line. I have been telling myself that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. There is no food on the face of the earth that feels as good as having someone take a second look at you. Whether it is a glance from your hubby or significant other, or just someone in passing....No food can give me that satisfaction. Or the feeling of putting on clothes that you haven't been able to wear for a while...you know the feeling....total euphoria!

Hula, don't beat yourself up. One bad night is just that...ONE bad night. All the other nights are what add up to the success you are looking for. You get back up on that horse and smack it around some! It'll take you where you want to go.

AZ, hope business is going well for you on your trip. Traveling, even for business sounds exciting.

Mahtha, glad the snow was there and not here. I did some walking last week and this weekend, but we have had cold, misty, yucky weather. The rowing machine sounds like a good alternative. Way to go taking your workout another direction! I have become queen of the workout tape. My house is too small for equipment.

Well, to anyone I missed, I wish you all a day and evening of feeling successful in your mission!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #110  

Day 5 for me and borrowing the phrase from Canongal "I do feel like I'm gaining a lot more controll over food rather than the food having controll over me. " -that is really how I feel today - I just keep getting those niggly feelings that I won't be able to.

I must say this is one of the most positive and pumped up groups I have run across.

AZ - where you here in Seattle yesterday (Mon) when we broke the temp record? 69 here in Lakewood where I am! So I got a couple hours of yard work done and a 30 min walk too - Today started off wet, but improved as the afternoon rolled around.

I am having a hard time varying my meals - but am doing well as trying to avoid breads, cereals, etc. I keep eating the same things - oh well, maybe this weekend I will have time to think some more. Next week is finals so I am busy writing them and talking to students who haven't been around all quarter and want to know now how to pass - LOL - reminds me of myself and weight - I just kept putting it on and finally woke up what do I need to do now. I pray this is the last time I have to lose weight and I will have a new way of eating and exercising so it doesn't happen

I have avoided the scale like crazy this week - so looking forward to weigh in on Friday and hoping it says something good.

See you tomorrow - and stay OP for all of us!!!
Hula - I applaud your attitude - you stumbled, but are right back on track
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:54 PM   #111  

I gotta tell you I was feeling like crap until I read all your posts today. I don't know what it is but just reading about you all going through the same thing really helps.

I have felt super bloated all day and I know why...Either retaining water or its giving up the beer. Hula not only does it keep perspective but it also keeps me "regular" I feel as big as a boat right now. Like I ate 12 pizza's without getting the taste. I am totally tempted in getting one from the fridge and I know it sounds like an excuse but it would really help my tummy. I have searched the medicine cabinet for an alternative but nothing there. I am starting to hurt. Sorry to be gross....please forgive me.

I don't think when we were posting about goofing up its was in regards to one day of indulgence Hula. I know I was refering to not failing the challenge and giving up. I know there is going to be a time when I will give in cause its human nature to please ourselves and right now we are fighting it and hoping to change what pleases us. I personally am very jealous that you got to do it wish it were me that had the fantastic night. Please don't let it bother you cause one night is not going to make or break you. You are way to strong for that to happen.

Boatingmommy I will always pitcure you that way now cause it sounds really cute. You must have worked really hard today!!!!!

Dewcan...great to hear from you and keep up the great work. We will be waiting whenever you have the chance to talk.

Canongal I think you goals are great and within reason as well. I know you will be successful just like the rest of us. I too hear those voices and except for today I can usually turn them around for the better but darn it my tummy is sore!!! oops sorry.

I am trying a slimming tea and if it doesn't work I am going for the beer. I need to start taking the sugar free metimucil again. I will tomorrow for sure, that seemed to help that last time but does'nt really start taking effect for a few days. Oh and I forgot to take my supplements today and if I don't take them with food I get really queasy. Well the list is just endless tonight isn't it? I do feel better though I really do. Thanks girls!!!

Hi to everyone peaking in as well!!!!!

Talk to you tomorrow...oh yeah Hula please don't ever stop giving us your final inspirational thoughts they are wonderful.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #112  

Ps little note for those who are interested. I know a few of us log on around the same and I thought maybe we could set up one day a week to go in the chat room and talk about our week.....I would love it!!! What do you guys think?

Dale
Old 03-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #113  

I apologize that this is a short post...getting ready for bed....just wanted to check in and let you know how greatful I am to be accountable to this group. I stayed on plan today and did good. I didn't eat breakfast, but I think that's a good thing when I am traveling as I tend to eat more at lunch and dinner...I had a togos sandwich for lunch, but I had the lean roast beef and vege only, on wheat. I then had a french dip for dinner with a small side salad. I tried to eat stuff that would be non-saucy and have enough protien to give me the energy I need.

Deenie...I am in Seattle tonight. I got in around 8 PM. I leave tomorrow at 5. I am here visiting Alaska Airlines' headquarters as they are a large customer of ours. Staying at the Doubltree South Center - do you know where that is? There looks to be a big mall accross the street.

Thank you all for your kind encouragement. I still feel just gross (I like that word Hula) from my porking yesterday. I swear when I get home on Thursday I am going to the gym for three hours.

I promise to comminicate better with each of you when I get back.

hugs and purrrrs.....
kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:16 AM   #114  

Trying to keep up with you girls so I don't lose pace with the post.

Trixi~ Does your slimming tea have Senna leaves? I had a friend telling me about a slimming tea with Senna leaves. I'm curious to how it works. Well actually I know what it does to you. Sounds like a good booster to use for a quick flush!

Boatingmommy~ The book is by Wally Lamb. It was one of Oprah's previous book club selections. It' follows the life of a girl from the age of 4 to 40. She has faced a lot of issues in her life and develops a weight problem.
I finished reading it tonight. There is a thread on this site that talks about it I believe. I think there's a "book club" section on the main menu.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #115  

Hey everyone! I'm back in town and it looks like the group is growing!

Welcome to all the newbies.

This is just a quick hi, will post more later.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #116  

Good Morning!

I wanted to give a little encouragement for everyone today. I was reading over in the library and thought this would be good for those who haven't read it yet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30880

Also, If your only watching the scale and haven't taken your measurements, do so. Write them down. I think you'll be amazed at the inches you lose!

I'm amazed at the energy I've been having this week. I know it's because of the absence of Sugar. It's been said that sugar is a metabolic posion. I just need to constantly remind myself of that.

I hope you all have a good day!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #117  

Good afternoon everyone. I feel much better today. Not so bloated as I did end up giving in and having a beer last night. I think the slimming tea helped as well. I am not sure what it is made from but I do know it's natural I will look at it when I get home.

Down 2 pounds since Sunday and I will not weigh myself anymore this week. I am putting the scale in the closet.

Just wanted to say a quick hello. Welcome back Water Nymph great to see ya!!

Post more later as I am at work now.

Dale
Old 03-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!!

I feel great this week being so good... no sugar, exercising, drinking water, taking my vitamins, eating right. So today I rewarded myself by going shopping. They had an absolutely fantastic sale at Robinson's May Department store, and I bought a cute top. I figured I deserved it.
We will probably go out on Friday nite, and I'll wear it then, so it will remind me to eat a half portion like I did last weekend.

And the greatest thing last night, hubby told me I'm looking better!! Hey, now that's enough motivation to keep me going.

Our group has really helped me stay focused. We just moved into our new home a few weeks ago and sometimes I'm totally overwhelmed with it all. I love my home. I just can't find anything. Then there's the taxes that we haven't done yet. Uh oh, I'm getting overwhelmed again. I usually overeat when my emotions run high. This time I have more control.

Trixi, the chat room idea sounds great.

Let's keep at it!
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 03-10-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #119  

Thank you everyone for the reassuring words from my Monday night debacle. I didn't like how I felt the "morning after" and it just reminded me where I didn't want to be again. I can't believe I that I actually did that so frequently
in the past!. Felt really good the past two days, went to Pilates class and ate light and well.

Canon-Thanks for the article and the book tip. That article was very helpful. I like the part that states that "Timing is key to success. You need to be at a point in your life when you're ready to take on the challenges of serious weight loss." I think that we are all very serious about this which is why this is going to be "it".

Water Nymph and DewCan-Welcome back, we missed you.

AZ Kitty-Have a safe trip home and we'll talk more later in the week!

DeenieD-You're doing so well! Good luck with your Friday weigh in and finals too!

Dena-It is great to have that added support from your hubby. I hope you have a blast Friday night, you deserve it!

Boating-Thanks for the nice words, made me feel better. Yes, the attention is so nice! Just a reminder of another "perk" of feeling and looking your best. I sure would love to look "smokin'" instead of "extinguished" (Maybe the bag boys at the grocery store will start calling me "miss" instead
of "ma'am" again.)

Trixi-I think I have enough quotes to last us til Father's Day! Don't worry about your little beer, I think we need to really pick our battles carefully in this challenge and hey, if we are exercising and eating healthy, then we can have some rewards now and then. Hope your tummy is better. p.s. I like your IM idea!

Sounds like everyone is working on there homes - great exercise girls. Also wanted to remind all the newbies to reward themselves with smilies for their FDC weight loss (see post #39) Oh yeah, wanted to also tell you guys that I was reading my new "Self" magazine and came across a very positive little blurb in there about online support for weight loss (like we're doing). High success rate! So, we're gonna do this ya' know?!

"The only one who can stop me....is me, ...and I think I can take her!"
~Kim, Getting To Goal
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #120  

Good evening....I am having what I consider a lazy night because I just cannot exercise tonight....my feet are killing from wearing these shoes all day and then doing laundry in them as well. I don't even think I could get my runners on. I did picked up the 3mile watp today so I am going to start it on the weekend and see if I can hack it. My challenge for the week is pretty much a failure since I am having a glass of wine right now. I am going to make it next weeks challenge again. I can do this. I started the metimucil today and hopefuly by next week it will be okay for my tummy not to need a beer or wine.

The past two days I feel like I cheated big time first with the beer and then not exercising tonight. I am going to have to be extra good. I have yet to give into my huge craving for fries and gravy (oh god I really want some) so at least with the food I am on track.

I know I am making excuses. I have lost a total of 16 pounds and I don't feel like it. My clothes are just a little looser but you would think 16 pounds would make a differernce but I don't see it at all. I am not going to give up but it is a little discouraging. I am sorry for the past two days I have been such a downer. I don't even have the energy right now to put away the laundry.

Do any of you think about this diet so much during the day that sometimes it gives you a headache and makes the days seem forever?

Oh, I also went to GNC and picked up the atkins brand of pancakes. One serving is only 3gm of carbs!!!! I am going to try it tomorrow and see how they taste. I am not a big fan of pancakes but anything with the same texture as bread is my new best friend.

Again I am already starting to feel better. I have'nt had dinner yet cause my chicken was still frozen. I think I have to turn my fridge down. I am rambling now.

Dena stay strong and just know your doing a great job. I love moving but like you I can never find anything either!!! You tell your husband from me that he should constantly tell you how special you are and maybe you can tell mine . Actually I am really lucky in that department. He has never said one negative thing about my weight and we started dating more than 40 pounds ago. He s really supported and tells me he's proud that I am doing something to make myself happier even if he doesn't think I need to lose weight. I think he's just smart enough of a guy to say things like that and I am smart enough not to beleive them! I think I will go and give him a kiss for being so great right now!!!! bye girls

Dale