Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2004, 05:03 PM   #181  

For all you work out gurus- Muscle weighs more than fat!! If you are going to be working out everyday, don't expect your weight to plummet- just keep an eye on the tape measure and see how you're doing!!

Hubby is away so my diet is crashing..it's so much easier to grab some cheese and crackers for supper when he's not around..before you know it, I've eaten more of them than I should. Granted, I'm only averaging about 40gr Carbs a day, but still, I feel guilty. I think I'm getting pre-TOM cravings..The golden arches are calling me.......and it's snowing here in MA, isn't THAT lovely...GRRRRRR....
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #182  

Boatingmommy - don’t worry about what you did wrong on Saturday, think about what you did right. You got right back on track the next day! That in itself is an accomplishment.

Hula - I agree with you, we all have to concentrate on what our goal is and as long as we do that we'll be ok.

CanonGal - It sounds like you are burning off everything you eat so I wouldn't worry about the few carbs you ate.

Trixi - I have also made decisions not to go places that I know will make me go off program. Going out drinking is one of my biggest challenges.

DeenieD - you did NOT blow it! you only at two cookies and the rest of the day was perfect. You even exercised! Most diet programs allow for a little extra one day. Think about your positives for the day!

Jedi - Congrats on the 7 pounds! I'd kill to lose that much in 5 days

AZKitty - I know what you mean about the scale not moving like you expect it too. It seems to me that if I work out 5 days a week and stay on program that scale should be dropping fast! Unfortunately, that’s not the way it works Everyone keeps telling me I'll wake up one day and be able to see the difference, I just hope that day is soon!

I’m having a pretty good day, haven’t really been hungry so that’s a help. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I’m kinda nervous. I had a bad night Friday and I’m hoping it won’t effect my weigh-in. This is the first week since I joined WW that I’ve used almost ALL my flex points (and all in one night ) I also find that I weigh more the morning after I work out and I’m going to Curves tonight. Does anyone else find that they weigh more after a work out?
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #183  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Well, things are not exactly going as planned tonight. I did a pretty good job eating today. For dinner I made a pot roast with carrots and potatoes. I had just a half of a small potato. I did put a little gravey on it, but very little. About half an hour afterwards my tummy totally started to churn and I have had to run to the bathroom several times now. YIKES! Maybe I am suddenly alergic to gravy. Trixi, don't faint! ( I know how much you love gravy). I tried to do my aerobics tape, but had to stop for various body functions. HELP!!! Well, I will just have to do extra tomorrow and leave it at that.

Water Nymph - Thanks for the uplifting words. I am pretty proud of myself for not turning the one day goof-up into a weeks worth of tragedy. I keep telling myself that eventually I want to get to a point in my life where I can eat "non-diet" food occasionally and not panic about each little morsel.

I think that is probably to some extent a goal for all of us. We are not giving up cookies, or chocolate, or even fries and gravey FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES. I mean, I don't want to say that I'll never enjoy the taste of, oh, say oreo cookies, ever again in my life. I just want to get to a point with my body and my will power that I can occasionally have an oreo, and not be at the point where I look in the bag only to find I ate the whole first row without knowing it. I guess what I am trying to say is that we are all learning to deal with accountability. Everyone of us that has posted is doing our best to be accountable for our eating. For me, that is something I haven't done for several years. Boy, did that sound like a sermon, or what? Sorry for the heavy moment. Just remember, a cookie here or there isn't the ruination of your new life. You are all making bigger changes that should allow for an occasional cookie.

Lissandy - I wish the scale was moving, but you are right. I am noticing the changes in my pants, and that feels good! Back away from the golden arches - do not go into the light...I mean arches!

AZ - Hope you get to feeling better soon. Feeling sick sucks the happiness out of a person...so I hope you get some good rest and recuperate.

Hula - I need to join "Scale Junkies Annonymous"! (doesn't make for a good acronym - couldn't think of anything funny). I wish I had the will power to stay off of it for a week. I should make that a mini-goal....but wait....I can hear it calling to me....I need some serious intervention!!!

Well, to everyone else, hope you are finding your inner strength. We can do this!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 03-16-2004 at 08:16 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 PM   #184  

I did better today but was craving somethings. I did much better on my eating - at least it was balanced and not mainly junk food like yesterday. I did walk about an hour and I *should* (and now that I have told you) do my weight videos.

I am glad to see so many encouragements coming in and I think we still have a lot of us trying to do this

Hoping for the scales to move - - - -
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #185  

Default Im Back!!!!

Almost 10:30 and I stayed completely OP all day (well I could have drank more water) Once again it was laundry night and I got home about 8:30 then exercised, the 3 mile even ( found it a bit easier than the first time). Ate dinner, okay it was little late but I only had a piece of halibut and some asparagus so I guess thats not so bad.

The worse part of the day was at the laundry mat. In order to make sure my daughter has dinner we usually get her a turkey sandwich from Tim Hortons and she eats it while she does her homework and I do the laundry. But I gave her a turkey sandwich for lunch so my fiance (I am just gonna call him Shawn from now on okay? being thats his name and all) went and got her Kentucky Fried Chicken and it smelled soooooooooooo good. She had fries with gravy too.....sniff....I took her gravy and put it right up to my nose and held it there for a good two minutes but I didn't eat any of it, just tortured myself is all and got some looks from the other people doing their laundry.

I agree that I don't want to think that I am never going to eat gravy again but when I do, it won't be with every meal at any time of the day. I want to be able to say to myself "Self, we should have some gravy today" I know I am an idiot about the gravy. I go on and on and on...it's all about the gravy girls.

Sounds like a few of you are feeling the way I did on the weekend and it will pass. I am feeling so much better and very proud of myself for not misbehaving. Tomorrow when I wake up and won't have to say okay this is the first day I will be good again.

My boss made me go get her beef patties today!!! and my co-worker who is on this site as well and doing South Beach allowed herself pizza today!!! She is almost at her goal weight and looks fantastic. I can't wait until my pizza day.

Scale Addicts??? pick me...I keep saying I am not going to step on that stupid thing and I did put it away yesterday but again this morning I was on it. No change and that sucked. I hope its the exercising and while I am use to seeing the scale gradually go down, if my clothes keep getting looser I will have to find happiness in that. One day I am probably going to be a clothes addict and just keep trying everything on to see if its looser and than I will forget about the scale (different method, same result...addiction to seeing change to keep motivated).

I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow and everything looks brighter for you all.........WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!!!!!! WE ALREADY ARE!!!!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:03 AM   #186  

Default Scale Junkie

GOOD MORNING!!!! Don't know how to convey how excited I am!!! Got on that stupid scale this morning and it said 176.5!!!! Of course I got on...then off ...on again. and so on for a couple of minutes. I went downstairs and said something to my husband and he said, "Well, I recalibrated it yesterday after moving it around so much with the remodeling." I am so happy...I am so happy...I am so happy!

Well, there's my motivation for the day! Hope you all have a great, fantastic, wonderful day!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #187  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Hi Can I join

Well I am jumping back on the weight loss band wagon. Actually I am taking the BFL 12 week challenge and that brings me almost to fathers day. My start date is March 21st I am starting on a sunday cause I want my free day to be on a Saturday. Not sure what my stats say right now but I will update them on Sunday morning. I am going to go back and read all the previous posts to get to know you all.

Good Luck and have a great day.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #188  

Default I love this board!

you all are such an inspiration!

for those that are 200 + , how much time did you spend exercising when yo first started??

My WW weigh day is Saturday, my first weigh this week, I can hardly wait to "officially" start.
ryzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:10 PM   #189  

Boatingmommy - WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! I wish I had good news to report. This weeks weigh in I am the same. nothing lost for me. I don't know if its' the TOM coming up in a few days or what. I have been so good. I am going to kick it up a notch this next two weeks....perhaps less weights and more cardio. I am also going to drowned myself in water as I feel a bit behind in my loss this month. I am wavering on changing my plan back to a low carb... I just know I can't do low carb forever...this is the challenge.

Welcome to the new gals.

Trixi - Oh can I relate to the KFC gravy story! Sometimes smelling it can be just as good (well maybe not, but close).

Hula - I think you go on vaca tomorrow - have a blast!

Still sick, but baring it - wish me luck in my workout today. I don't think I have ever worked out when I was sick. Today I will.

Check back in soon. I am going to go drink some water and see if I can't get that scale to move.
hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #190  

Welcome to the newbies - glad to have you along!

Boatingmommy you said
I think that is probably to some extent a goal for all of us. We are not giving up cookies, or chocolate, or even fries and gravey FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES. I mean, I don't want to say that I'll never enjoy the taste of, oh, say oreo cookies, ever again in my life. I just want to get to a point with my body and my will power that I can occasionally have an oreo, and not be at the point where I look in the bag only to find I ate the whole first row without knowing it. I guess what I am trying to say is that we are all learning to deal with accountability. Everyone of us that has posted is doing our best to be accountable for our eating. For me, that is something I haven't done for several years. Boy, did that sound like a sermon, or what? Sorry for the heavy moment. Just remember, a cookie here or there isn't the ruination of your new life. You are all making bigger changes that should allow for an occasional cookie.
This is so true. I keep telling myself, this is not a diet, but a new way of life - better eating, more movement, and trying not to label myself a failure if I am Off program once in a while. Thanks for the reminder!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #191  

Default Happy St. Patty's Day and Welcome Newbies!

Hey FDC's . I read the posts and it was very uplifting (some even comical..AzKitty ) Congrats on the losses you guys! (Sorry I can't respond to each one but believe me I've read 'em all.) I am in awe over the drive and motivation our group has.

Welcome to the Newbies: Hockey Chick and RyzMom! This is a great little "cafe" to share our successes, ups-and-downs, and of course, challenges. We're making this happen and pleased to have you on board!!!

Well, I'm finally off to my much needed vacation! I always think about you all and how well we're all doing - even if we sometimes don't realize it. If it weren't for each other, I'm sure many of us would still be "starting tomorrow"! So, we're making great strides and slowly but surely making this happen.

Good luck everyone and I'll be checking in and weighing in on Monday instead of Sunday. I am planning on being a good girl and got to thinking that even if I lost 1 pound per week, I'd be pretty darn happy.

Cheers to all and have a wonderful week.

Inspiration for the rest of the week:

"Success is not a doorway, it's a staircase."
~Dottie Walters
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 PM   #192  

Hi everyone

I weighed in this morning and lost 1 pound. Not bad I'm thinking.

will post more later
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #193  

Howdy chickies! Night is falling....and so are the numbers on our scales!!!

Well, had a pretty good day. Did a pretty good job with the food. Breakfast - 1 cup Kashi cereal w/ 1/2 cup skim milk
Lunch - 2 egg omlet with mushrooms, onions and green peppers mixed in. Plus a piece of last night's pot roast
Dinner - huge salad and 1 slice peperoni pizza
For snack at 2:00 p.m. I had a handful of dried fruit and almond trail mix.

I did my 45 minute Strength and Grace video workout and sweated my buns off!!! I love that workout. Very intense without the huffing and puffing. I can feel the difference in my muscles.

Hula - Hope you have a great mini-vacation. Enjoy!

Water N - One pound less you have to worry about. Every ONE leads to 5...10...15.

DeenieD - Glad you didn't think I was getting to wordy. Sometimes I worry that I'm sounding *****y or preachy instead of supportive, which is what I really want to be.

ryz mom - Glad to have you along. I started out at 245 lbs 4 yrs ago. I lost the first 65 pounds by working out 5 days a week for a half and hour each time. Make sure it is something you can learn to enjoy. For me it is aerobic videos. Love to get up and dance.

Hockeychic - since you haven't officially started yet you might want to take stock of what's in your fridge and pantry. Make sure that there are some healthy alternatives in there. If possible get rid or anything too tempting that you know you tend to not be able to put down. Good luck, we are with you!

Trixi - It is too funny to picture you sniffy gravey! Good for you for only sniffing. Is that kind of like the Bill Clinton thing...." I puffed, but I didn't inhale?" You sniffed but you didn't consume. I have seen lots of crazy things at the laundry mat...but....

AZ - Your dedication is very noteworthy. I hope you made it through your workout despite the poor health. Keep getting better.

Okay, I have wasted enough time...gotta go be a mother for a while.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #194  

Good evening everyone!!!!! Welcome Hockychic (glad to see you over here as well) I have found great motivation on this thread I know you will enjoy.

Looks like we all got our motivation back on track. Waternymph GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Stayed op again today and very happy....had "the girls" at work going out for St. Patrick's day and begging me to go with for "just one" and what did I do I said "no way, jose, I am going shoe shopping cause my feet kill me half way through my work out". This was quite the feat to say no, expecially since they kept asking every five minutes and I have never said no before. I figured I am going to use boatingmommys satuarday experience and pretend I was there (so I am taking half the blame okay boatingmommy?) So I have already celebrated this holiday right?

I went and bought the shoes and than Shawn asked if I wanted to "pick up" anything for tonight (which means beer) and I said "no thank you I am fine" proud of me? I sure am! I am going to have dinner soon watch Surviour and Extreme Makeover, have a shower and say nighty night.

No exercise today I am going to do it every other day now and hope to see a loss soon. I think I might be putting my body into shock exercising everyday and its just starting to store everything I eat. (that's what someone told me anyway)

Everyone is doing sooooo great. Hula have an amazing time and we will be thinking of you as well. Mostly saying things like "shoot that girl gets to take a vacation and we are all stuck here!" seriously have fun!!!!!

Good Night all!!!!!

Dale
Old 03-17-2004, 07:53 PM   #195  

OPPS....Rysmom WELCOME...I think we are all pretty much dedicated to eating right (whatever program we are on) and getting the exercise in. Have to do what works for you and keep at it. We all have slip ups and that's what we are here for. SUPPORT and boy I have received more than I have given with this thread.

Just jump on it and stay with us cause were all here for the long run!!!!!

Dale