Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #121  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. Too much Martha Stewart crap going on in my life right now.

I managed to watch the food and excercised twice yesterday. Did the 2 mile WATP tape five minutes after getting out of bed, and last night did the Strength and Grace - Minna Lessig tape. I am neither strong nor graceful, and that tape just about kicked my a--! I was a heap of sweat when I got done. Watching the tape you'd think, "Aw, that's not that strenuous." Let me tell ya!!!!

Trixi, don't worry about "being a downer." That's what we're here for. Not every day is going to be a positive, upbeat day. We all are going to be frustrated at one point or another. Unfortunately, the pounds aren't going to just melt off. No pain, no gain. Well, right now you are feeling the pain. The next day might be awesome. Just know that this is the place to vent. Oh, I don't know if you are taking vitamins, but you may want to check into getting a multivitamin. With a drastic change in the diet, you might be missing out on something that is making you feel droopy. I am taking a one-a-day and it has helped immensely.

Den@, it's nice to reward yourself with a little something. I bought a couple of tops yesterday, too. Can't wait for some spring weather to wear them. Hope you did give your hubby a couple of extra smootches for the compliment. No matter the fact that we are doing this to make ourselves feel better, it's always nice for someone else to notice.

Hula, I'd settle for smoldering! Cannon, thanks for the article. I might pick up the book, but I haven't hardly read since DD was born almost 6 years ago.
Deenie, glad to hear that you feel like you are in control. Me too! I am really pumped to see this thing through, and then continue living it so the weight stays gone!

Well, I hearing the stirrings of a 5 yr. old. Gotta go, now the day is officially beginning! MAKE GOOD CHOICES TODAY!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #122  

Back in town and weighed in - I am down 1 pound to 206. Slow but steady progress. More later.
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:30 AM   #123  

Hi everyone! I'm having a great morning. Lost 2 pounds this week and thats with eating an ice cream cone over the weekend and it being TOM. The weekend in Catalina was awesome! I went horseback riding which I had not allowed myself to do for a very long time because of my weight. I figured it was time to stop letting my weight determine what I was allowed to do.

Sounds like everyone is doing super good!

Trixi - not a moment of my day goes by without me thinking of losing weight. Everything I put in my mouth is a conscious decision as to if its worth it. Sitting at home not exercising is a big choice. Some of my friends say I'm being too strict and exercising too much but I want this so bad its worth it to me.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Just a quick note before my weigh in day tomorrow. I just came back from my walk this morning, which always makes me feel super.

Congratulations to all who lost weigh this week. Great job!!

Here's a thought... what if we all weighed in on the same day. That way we only have to look at the scale once a week and not get too obsessed with it. I prefer Friday because that means I did great during the week and then I can enjoy the weekend (even though I intend to stay within 1400 cals.)

Just a thought. In any event, I'm so proud of all of us!!!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:46 PM   #125  

Hi Guys,
Well, last night I had my hubby take a "before" pic of me and let's just I have lots of work to do. I will probably share the before and after pics with you guys at the end of this challenge Been craving sweets lately due to TOM but I've been eating these sugar-free, zero carb "Coffee nips" and "Caramel Nips" and they really hit the spot! They also have only 30 calories and less that 1 gm of fat each in case you're interested. You can find them at any drugstore (Walgreen's, Rite Aid, etc.)

Trixi-We all have down days, don't feel alone. Mine was Tuesday. Just keep going on your plan and you WILL see a difference. May take a little while but be patient and good things will happen.

WaterNymph-Your trip sounds awesome! Did you ride on a glass bottom boat too?

Boating-Wow, twice in one day! Amazing. p.s. Yeah, just smoldering would
actually work for me too

AZKitty-Welcome back. Congrats on your 1 pound!!!!!

Have a sensible day everyone! Cheers.

"If you keep on going the way you're going you'll end up where you're heading - which direction are you aiming for?"
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #126  

Just a quick note before I get back to students (UGH - this time of the quarter you wouldn't believe the excuses)

Yesterday afternoon I got my walk in, but procrastinated and didn't do the ex video until 9 pm! Yikes I sweated and needed a late shower and didn't sleep as good. Hope to do it earlier tomorrow.

I am both excited and worried about my first weigh-in tomorrow. I have been pretty faithful in my exercise goals and eating goals this week so I suspect the first loss will include water - but who cares!!

Canon - thanks for the article - this part really hit home
"In addition, make your goals "process goals," such as eating judiciously and exercising regularly, rather than "outcome goals," such as losing 50 pounds. Changing your process — your habits — is the key to weight loss. Make sure that your process goals are realistic, specific and measurable — you'll walk for 30 minutes a day, five days a week."

I have usually focused on loosing so many pounds and not I am trying to do the process goals - better eating and exercising habits

Thanks to all of you for being here - it makes it much easier
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #127  

Hula - I've been craving sweets too, same reason, damn TOM is a pain. I've been eating rice crispy treats since they're only 2 points I can have one a day. Amazing how everything is a point now.

I didn't go on the glass bottom boat but I did do the semi-submersible. The water was so clear you could look down into the water and see fish swimming around. Absolutely beautiful!

DeenieD – Good Luck on your weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #128  

Default Hula, don't feel back, I sort of cheated too!!!!

Hi, Hula, since you started confessing, I thought I'll join right on in. I sort of cheated yesterday 3/10 myself. The only thing is I cheated with a Low Carb Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream. It is so so so good!!, I couldn't help myself.

Any way I had gone to the Gym and worked out very very hard about 2-hours on the cardio machines and had burned tons of calories and I was exhausted when I got home and starving to boot. I had my regular low carb diner and was chilling and then all of the sudden my regular chocolate ice cream craving kicked in and I had at least 3-4 cups with a low carb chocolate chip cookie and I over indulged myself. Boy was it ever good. Anyway this morning I got on the scale and if say I went back up to 193 (I had gone done to 192).

Anyway, I will be very very strict for the rest of this week and will no be indulging agaain anytime soon.

Well I'm checking out unitl Monday. Hope everyone are successful and strong until their next weigh in.

Start wt=261
Current wt=193
Goal wt=140
PATMARTINBRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #129  

Default RE: Ketosis

Hi Hula, the answer is no, I don't really track that. I just try and stay under 30 grams of carbs daily. I'm trying to do no more than 20-25 a day. I know this works well for me. After I get down to at least 173 lbs., I will start to add on 5-carbs a week to track where my ACE will be to continue to lose and then deduct 5-carbs back to try and reach my goal even sooner. I love this way of life (low carbing) because with all the new products, it really works for me.

Good Day!!!
PATMARTINBRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #130  

I don't track ketones either, just keep watching the scale drop! Today seemed to be a semi-fast day for me, just didn't feel much like eating..maybe it was because I actually had the day to myself and had too much going on!
Had my morning coffee, went to WalMart, found a 2g net carb Smore's bar ( don't waste your time..I think Cardboard would have tasted better)..never really got hungry until about 3pm, so I had a salad with just spinach and iceberg lettuce with some Ceasar dressing. My water intake has been nil today....

I was able to put on a denim shirt today and actually button it all the way down without any button bulges! I'm pretty dang proud for sure!! I took a look in the mirror and said, gee, you're starting to look better!! I've got a LOOOONNNNGGGG way to go, but I'm not looking that far yet, just 10 lbs at a time.

I just want to tell everybody here THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE! I don't post everyday, but I do read the stories. It's driving me CRAZY that I'm not telling my mom and my best friend my 'dirty little secret', so it's nice to have SOMEBODY I can share it with. I feel like we're all on our own Extreme Makeover show!!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #131  

Just peeking in! I will be on vacation next week (New York City) starting Thurs. so I am trying to get in my posting fixes this week

WaterNymph-Yum, rice crispie treats!!! If I could have carbs, that would be
one of the first things I put in my mouth.

PatMartin-Yeah, don't you love low-carb! I think I could live this way. To me,
it has been one of the most forgiving diets I've ever been on. Don't worry about your cheat. It was still low-carb!!!! Have you tried the Carb Countdown dairy beverage? I think it is really good with coffee. It is so exciting how many things are low-carb now. Like in the bread aisle at the store, there are many alternatives. My husband is starting to eat all my low-carb stuff, which is very funny to me since he is a stick! And my child can't tell the difference between the sugar-free stuff and the real deal. Even some of the Easter candies out there are low-carb/sugar-free. Amazing!

Liss-That is so exciting the way you are surprising everyone. What a wonderful feeling to actually be able to look forward to it instead of feeling like running the other way. I know you are going to be successful. You have that determination!
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:02 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi guys,
I just can't stay away from this place. Plus I have to post every little success I have. That's how fragile every minute is I went to Costco and the grocery store and resisted their samples. Now that's a success for me. Just had to share.

Hula, we're totally going to miss you while you're on vacation. I want to hear every little detail. I'd love to go to New York sometime! Sounds great. I've been eating sugarfree candies a lot, too. What's in the air?

By the way, sorry about my silly idea this morning. I just got a little overexcited. I wasn't trying to take over or anything. Sometimes I get too creative for my own good. I want to thank you for coming up with this challenge. It has really helped me a lot. And thank you for taking the time to post to all of us. I know how much time it takes.

Liss, I like that idea of being on Extreme Makeovers. Congrats to you for looking slimmer in your skirt and blouse.

Pat, super kudos to you for being so good on the low carb plan. I'm impressed. And the fact that you got right back on your plan amazes me. I think that's a total success.

Till domani, morgen, manana....
Dena
SW 177, CW 147, GW 127
Weigh in Day - Friday
FDC Start Date 3/5/04
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #133  

Good evening everyone. Had a much better day today. Woke up with a 2 pounds loss and loved it. I tried those pancakes today and they were really good. The only thing is I think they have alot of fat, you have to use eggs and oil and butter the pan of coarse. I am not going to make it a daily thing but it really did help with the bread craving I had.

I went to Subway today because my chicken didn't look right so I needed to buy my lunch. They have the atkins wraps there and I heard they were good. I got into a argument with the girl who made it cause she said that the honey mustard sauce was an atkins one with 0 carbs but she really gave me the one with 7 carbs and that was just the sauce. I ate it anyway and it was good but I feel like I cheated on my food. Tonight I had shrimp and green beans. Got my exercise in and got ready for tomorrow.

I did something stupid and weighed myself just after i ate dinner. I wont be doing that again! I know I keep posting I won't step on that scale but it calls me. I PROMISE this time I am not going to weigh myself until Sunday (well maybe tomorrow just to prove that what I saw tonight was just because of the time and I just ate)

Hula I am definately going to miss you next week. I do check my ketones and tonight I was burning moderate. which is pretty good for me. I love it when the little sticky gets darker.

So most of us had a bad day this week and now it can only get better!!!! I am going to stay OP from now on. I will just think about how badly I felt and hopefully that will nip the ugre in the bud.

I am so thankful the I don't like sweets and even better I haven't had TOM in almost three years. I had a hysterectomy when I was 28. I don't know what I would weigh right now if sweets were added into the mix! Today my co-worker asked me if I could pick up her some little chocolates from the store when I went to get a coffee. When I came back I said "I love you, but if you ever ask me to get you fries with gravy, I am gonna have to kill you slowly and then I might eat you as well"

Have a great night everyone and I will see ya tomorrow.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #134  

I went to Curves tonight and after my work out I was talking to one of the girls that’s a regular. She had brought in pictures of her before she started WW and Curves. It was amazing!! She had lost over 100# overall and 57 inches since she joined Curves 7 months ago. She had lost 40# prior to joining Curves.

It really inspired me to see what someone else could do is 7 short months.

I know the scale is telling me I’m losing weight and co-workers and family are commenting on my weight loss but its hard for me to see it. I’ve decided the before and after pictures are a great idea and hope to start up a mini web-page just for me to see my progress.

On a side note, I do WW online and when I entered my weight in this week they told me I was losing too fast! I’ve lost 18.5 pounds in 9 weeks. I don’t see how they can consider that too fast!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:57 AM   #135  
Jedi

Angry Love to jump in!

I just found this site yesterday and thought it was awesome! I love all the "normal everday" ecouragement you give each other! Would love to jump in on this Fathers Day challenge. I'd like to lose 18.5 pounds by then. If I am figuring it right that comes out to about 1 1/2 pounds a week. Can't say I am doing WW or low carb but am still determined as ever. I lost 45 pounds before with excercise and better diet, got pregnant, gained it all back, and am back to square one. Ugh!!! My baby is now almost 7 months old and I am ready to start this looooong and discouraging journey once again. Hopefully this time will be easier because it doesn't sound like I have to do it alone.

current weight - 186.5
178 - by fathers day
136 - ultimate goal weight!!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote