Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2004, 10:03 AM   #76  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 193/193/186 by Jan. 31, 2019

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Good Morning fellow dieters....I mean life-changers. I hope that's more accurate.

Got up and had to spend the first half an hour holding a bucket for my 5 yr old to throw-up in! Not what I had in mind for the morning. I think it is mostly sinus drainage. YUCK! Sorry to gross you gals out!

After I got her settled down and back into bed with Scooby Doo on t.v. I managed to get 45 minute workout in. I am sooooo happy. I made it through the whole week and 1 day into the weekend of getting some excercise everyday. Drank my breakfast of slimfast. Couldn't decide on what regular food to eat, so I took the easy way out. I shopped yesterday and bought grapes, pears, bananas and tons of veggies. Too bad I like the veggies smothered in ranch dip....gonna not do that this time!

Goal for Saturday....stay out of the weekend beer!!! Me and Anheuser Busch are really close...but I have to break that bond!

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic day. Think skinny! Oh, I also posted a picture, actually two, of swimsuits that I would like to order for this summer. I stuck them on the front of the refrigerator to keep me in line. That skinny B---- in the picture looks sooooo smug and happy. Oh well....something to work towards!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #77  

Good morning all! The group is growing - welcome to all.
Jelly Belly - Happy belated B Day - I hope it was a great one.
Sorry I did not check in yesterday - it was a crazy day and it got away from me.

I had a fair day on my plan. I worked out, but I ate a few more calories yesterday....1800 instead of my planned 1650. I ate too much salt and did not drink enough water, so by dinner time......it was pork time. I am paying for it today with excess water. Oh well, back on the horse.

Getting ready to go to the gym this morning. It finally stopped raining here. It has been an unusually cold and wet winter here in AZ. We are all sick of it....but it looks like warm weather ahead. .....mid 80s all week....Yahooo!!!!!!! To bad I'll be out of town for half of it. Going on a business trip with the boss to San Diego and then Seattle (brrrrrrrrrr).

Today I think I am going to take advantage of the weather and do some planting in my garden. It's definately looking like spring which hopefully will continue to motivate my weightloss. I really want to feel good this summer.

All - Thanks for the food ideas. CanonGal - thanks for sharing about the photos. I think I want to try something like that.

I am checking out for now. I want to go enjoy the day while I've got it. I'll check back in tonight.

Have a great day, all! I just know we are all going to do great!
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #78  

Good Morning ladies. Welcome newbies!!!!
Just a quick check in for today. I'm still holding that 2lb loss. Can't wait for Monday's official weigh in. Goals for the weekend. Keep focused! Exercise and Salads/Veggies!

Yesterday was good. Stayed on track, had plenty of water. I'm having some unusual headaches. I'm wondering if it's coming form the Aspertame? I've had a total of 2 Frescas this week, and 2 teaspoons of SF jello added into other foods for flavor? You wouldn't think that little amount would trigger such awful headaches. I'm going to rethink the use of it at any rate. I know it's not good!

~Everyone~ Stay away from those tempting weekend eats/drinks. Your great reward will come in the form of being trim and fit! And hey even a new swimsuit. I don't know about you but I want a new suit and a trip to Hawaii!! Gotta Stay Focused!
Have a healthy weekend chickies, I'll be back on Monday!
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #79  

Good morning everyone!!!! Not such a great morning for me....just got up (I hardly ever sleep in this late) and I am feeling the effects of last night. I had more wine than I thought I would. I did mix it with soda water and think its was about total of four glasses. Man does my head hurt now though. good thing is I did not give into the pizza monster like I usually do when I had a few and get the munchies when I get home. I came home and drank a ton of water and went to bed. I was OP for the food anyway. But I had a great evening out.

When you mentioned pitcures I remembered the ones that were taken at the pool when we visited fiances grandmother last year. I thought I looked good that day. When I saw the pitcures I was shocked. They are from very bad anlges and you see everything. The worst part was that everyone was enjoying the pool and I wouldnt get into a bathing suit due to my embarrassment. One of my goal this year is when she opens her pool I will be able to get in it and enjoy the time with my daughter she is a waterbaby. The kid won't get out until you force her.

Today's plan is to do the work I brought home and clean the house. I did not weigh myself this morning cause of last night and I didn't want to feel even more guilty. I will exercise today as well. I am trying to get up the nerve to attempt the pilates dvd I bought like three weeks ago.

Tomorrow I am going to once again cook all my meals for the week. I found that really helped with time and not have to figure out what was for dinner. I did not go off program with food or exercise all week!!!! Yay me!!!

I hope you all have a great day.

Boatingmommy I hope your daughter feels better. You can't gross me out I have a 10 year old and have been through all that. Not great fun when they feel bad. I know the minute my daughter doesn't feel well cause she sleeps forever. She hasn't had a nap since she was one, unless she was ill.

Kitty enjoy the weather!!! It is chilly and cloudy today but that beats the rain we had yesterday!!!

Hula I know you will get rid of that blankie!!!!

Trixi
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:02 PM   #80  

Just in case anyone prints my chile recipe and uses it...it's 1/4 tsp. chile powder. I had a tsp in there before and your mouth would be jumpin with that amount. I just put it in the crockpot for dinner. I figured out the calories with 1.25 lbs of 96% lean meat instead of the 2. It's 156 calories per 1 cup. Just in case you are interested.
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:41 PM   #81  

Good afternoon all - thanks for the welcomes - Actually there are now 3 Dianas - I am a Diana too, my brothers still call me Deenie sometimes (my childhood nickname)

I bought Dr Phils book last week and read the intro this weekend and hope to learn somethings about myself and why I have such a difficulty in the area of weight.
anyway so far today I have done well with breakfast and lunch and writing in my journal. I bought my dress for my daughter's wedding (Apr 3) and wish it was smaller but I have to face reality.

I kept myself busy today sewing - the last of the bridesmaid dresses.
We have 5 kids - from 30 to 17 and 3 of them will have gotten married in 9 mon - one last June, one in Oct and this one in Apr - I am exhausted from helping and working full time and I know that is part of the stress eating. (of course, that can't have been my excuse for the last several years!)

Hope you all have a good weekend - I logged on this am and just reread this thread - you all really inspire me and I don't want to be mess up!

See you all tomorrow
Deenie
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:33 PM   #82  

Default Just checking in..

Hi Everyone,
Lots of progress here already! Surprisingly, I'm actually excited about weighing in tomorrow. Did really well this first week and am now really in the swing of things. I almost don't want to miss a day working out, which I never thought would happen.

Well, just a speed-reply to some of the posts:

Dena - Sorry I meant this to you in my other post! Good choices. I too, am a TJ gal. I absolutely love this store for just their low-carb selection. We'll have
to share our favorite products.

BoatingMommy-Wow, your summers sound awesome! You already know I'm
with you on that it will be MORE fun to enjoy yourself fully. I think I'm just physically uncomfortable sometimes doing real athletic-y stuff. Anyway, we made it through the pivotal first week, hooray. Hope your 5 y/o is better. Went thru something similar a couple weeks ago, lot's of sheet changing that night!

Trixi-Those nights out are necessary. You did great, and with no guilt in
the morning! Gives me hope.

Diana77-Welcome! Yes, definitely give the challenge a run. Even if we drop 5-10 pounds, it is more than not trying.

DeenieD-Welcome Deenie! It will be exciting to track each other's progress.
You may have to eventually change your name to TeenieD though

DewCan-Congrats on your loss for the week. Be sure to come back when you have a chance. I know you're going to be successful. Who know the next time ya' come back, our "blankies" will just be little knit throws! We'll miss you.

Okay, hope I didn't leave anyone out. If so, please know that I check in really fast (so I don't have to hear it from the hubby who thinks I'm online too much )) Have a good rest of weekend you guys. I may check in tomorrow or Monday! Can't forget my Inspiration for the day (a little late, but oh well

"A change from unhealthy habits to healthy habits will yield extraordinary results."

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 03-24-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #83  

Hi all, just found this site this week and trying to find a place to fit in. I posted my bio and posted in the WLS posts, but I'll introduce myself again.

My name is Susan, married with 3 kids 16,6 & 2). I had WLS about 10 yrs. ago and went from 287 to 152, but now am back up to 185 and not very happy about it. I'm very familiar with just about all diets, as I've been on just about every one. I'm finding that what works best for me is to follow Dr. Phill's rapid start plan. That along with exercise (2 mile Walk Away the Pounds) every morning at 5 a.m. has helped me to lose 10 lbs in Feb. Which was no easy feat, at I like to snack all day and not eat regular meals. I have replaced the chips, crackers, bread, etc. with fruits and veggies, so at least I'm not feeling too deprived. The really bad this is that I really enjoy my couple of beers after work and the kids are in bed. Big time calories I know, but after a hetic day of work, getting kids to school, picking them up, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. I need to relax (at least that's what I keep telling myself : ) )

Anyway, I'm here to give and receive support as I would like to lose at least 25 lbs by Father's day. I hope that's not too unrealistic.

Susan in FL
mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #84  

Good morning all....Welcome Susan I am the same boat as you about the beer I do feel more relax after everything is done and a beer makes it even more like "ahhh what a day, glad its over" But my challenge for this week is no beer at all. last weeks challenge was get use to doing my WATP, 2 mile.

I think my scale is broken and I just bought it a few weeks ago. I really wanted a digital one but this morning I weighed myself and it said the same thing as friday (which is okay) and I feel like its just not working so I went on my old regular one Whcih I have to admit I used on day one as well, and its said three pounds less. Then I did the new one again and it said 2 pounds more than the first time (URGH) then I went on the old one again (ok you can pitcure me and laugh if you like) and it said them same thing as the first time. I hope I don't make the new one feel bad cause I am never stepping on it again! I guess the old one will be it from now

So I have chosen today to be my weigh in day (along with Hula) and I have logged my progress for this week (week one) and here goes....

I exercised 6 out of seven days (didn't do it Monday cause I wasn't sure how to get in in after work but I now know I can).

I did not cheat at all with food and only missed two meals....I never eat breakfast so doing that all week was quite a feat.

I cut down tremendously on the alcohal (going to face that one next week)

I started at 183 on Sunday and according to my renewed relationship with my old scale I am now at 173!!!! that's a ten pound loss this week!!! I know its going to slow down but man am I pleased. I always loose fast at first the big thing for me is not giving up when it slows down. Or award myself with a sinful treat.

I have also made my mini goal for my fiances birthday so I am going to add another five pounds to it and see how that goes.

I know for a fact that I could not have acheived this first week of success if I did not have you girls being there every step of the way. I thank you all and hope all of you have a great weigh in as well....and you all have been an inspiration to me....

Today's plan is to finish the housework and get some of the work I brought home done. Oh yeah I have to cook all my meals for the week as well....gee I should get on it then....have a wonderful Sunday all.

Dale
Old 03-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #85  

Just a quick note...I just did my BMI and the 10 pound loss put me from obese to overweight... I never thought I would be thrilled with being called overweight.....ummmm
Old 03-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #86  

Smile Welcome Mom23 and Congrats Trixi!!!

Helloo FDC's:

Mom23-Well, you're in the right place. Great group of people here and very intent on doing this. Would love to see how the Dr. Phil plan works!
Looking forward to reading your posts and sharing with you.

Trixi-I'm so excited for you!! You did great this week, and every little effort really paid off. You're such a motivator for everyone. Good job.

I hope everyone is doing well out there and sticking to their plans. I was sooo tempted yesterday to eat a bowl of guacamole w/ soy tortilla chips. It was talking to me, I'm serious. But I had a little, and after that I didn't really want it anymore. I guess my realtionship with food is changing. Did have two low-carb beers which hit the spot. (I love my beers too girls!)

Well, I lost 5 lbs. for the week! I realize that it may be mostly water weight but I will see how it shakes out in the next week or so. Could be also that my body is going thru ketosis? Dunno, but I'm happy with any weight loss, so I'm keeping it in perspective and forging ahead.

Inspiration for the day
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
~Walter Bagehet
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #87  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 193/193/186 by Jan. 31, 2019

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! The five year old was a mess yesterday, but is her regular self today. She's already been outside to play for a while. Thank goodness that is over with!

Had a busy morning already. Cleaned and scrubbed (on hands and knees) the kitchen and bathroom. Soaked the mini-blinds in the tub to get the years worth of grunge off! Yuck! I consider myself to be a pretty good housekeeper, but YIKES the stuff that collects on those blinds! So...that was kind-of a mini workout. Plan to do at least one workout tape later today.

Was pretty good all week and feel that it was a success, although the scale shows no weight loss. I managed to work out for at least 45 minutes everyday, an hour all but yesterday. I replaced one meal with slimfast shake, and didn't pig out. Had a hard time last night, though. My mother-in-law came to stay with the kiddo while my hubby and I went to buy bathroom fixtures, toilet, sink, paint...etc. We went to Chevy's Mexican on the way home. I tried to be good, but I know the meal I had wasn't be best choice. But, my rationalization was that I did supplement one meal with slimfast and I did do my 45 minutes of exercise. The two beers were a little over the top, but that's all the beer I had all week....so. COME ON WEEK TWO!!!

Trixi - It's too funny to hear you talk about your scale trouble. I have a digital scale. I step on it three times in the morning because the first time is always different from the next two.

Gotta go! Demanding child is beckoning!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #88  

Hi guys - day 3 for me!

Trixi - congratulations for getting out of the obese category - I think I will make that one of my minigoals.

MOm23- I too am reading Dr Phils book and really trying to examine the how, why etc of my self and my addiction to food. I want this to be the LAST time I lose weight - just maintaining would be so great!

I exercised last night and this afternoon - got in all my liquid and did well eating as well as journalling About 9:30 pm I was hankering so badly for chocolate I would have eaten it had it been around - but thankfully I had none.

I have to keep self-talking - but we all CAN do this!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Just checking in....

Trixi, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You go, girl. We all know it's not easy. Keep up the great work!

Hula, wow, another loser! CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 lb loss!
By the way, my favorite Trader Joe's item right now is their Blueberry Mango Bran muffins... 210 calories and lots of fiber. Yum. I like their French Toast, too. (Found in the freezer section.) And I love the Smart Water with electrolites for only 99 cents. Love their fruit bars, too. Man, I keep thinking up things I like. I'll mention more next time. What do you like?

I'm going to make my weigh in day Friday. I'm proud that I've been pretty good over the weekend, though. Lately Me and hubby seem to be stessed out a lot and then go out to eat. But I stayed within my 1400 cals, am drinking my 8 glasses of water and walking.

Till tomorrow....
Dena

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-07-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:46 PM   #90  

So I just realized that I am totally addicted to this challenge..I might have to seek therapy eventually....I have went from one addiction to another and I am lovin it!!!!.

I got everything I needed to get done today except for the work I brought home...hey they don't pay me extra and just keep laying people off even though there is still tons of work...so I don't feel bad about it.

Got all the food cooked (decided the veggies did not taste so great after they were frozen so I will cook those daily) and cleaned the house. My daughter went with my nephew and fiance to the movies, LOTR, so they were gone most of the day...it was so relaxing and I feel about ready for bed.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and I hope Friday it just as wonderful as you want it to be when you weigh in Dena and Deenie..Keep up the great work.

Boatingmommy I am sure that you will see a loss soon. It must be all the great exercising that you are doing...gaining muscle I bet you will see your size shrink before the scale does....either way its great!!!!

Hula....I am so happy for you and you deserve your loss sooooooooo much...This week you've worked super hard..not just on yourself but motivating us as well....thank you so much for starting this thread it really has made a huge difference for me and I am sure the others as well. I look forward to our journey together both through the good times (like today) and the bad times.

Some relationships don't last 16 weeks but I know ours will......

Until tomorrow......may we all see yesterday as yesterday and today and today as a great beginning.

Dale