Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 AM   #151  
Keep up the PMA!!

Default Insomniac posting :)

Well, I couldn't sleep ladies so I thought I would update you on my night and all

Lissandy - thanks for sharing the low carb goodies - I'll be sure to try those!

DeenieD - Major grats on the 6lbs! You go girl! Keep up the awesome work!

Jedi - Welcome! I don't know what TOPS is - maybe you can fill me in and tell me what you think of your first meeting! Major congrats on the working out at Curves!! It's awesome to feel like superwoman! Remember you might not see the scale move as fast as you'd like when you're weight lifting because you're gaining muscle - so take measurements - that helped me to realize how much I'd changed my body in a little period of time!

Den@ - Congrats on the 2lbs!!

Boatingmommy - Have some fun for me too at the St. Patrick's Day Festivities! My puppy is much better now - was just a tummy ache it turns out - giving K.P. to a shar-pei is no fun!! But it did make him feel better Thanks for asking

Water Nymph - Don't be so hard on yourself! We're all human!! The worst thing you can do is be negative to yourself!! Just remember that tomorrow is a new day! You WILL suceed!! On days when the diet part doesn't go as well as planned - just try to get in an extra 10min walk or something if you can - it'll make you feel a bit better about slipping up - at least that works for me! And about your earlier question - my sis goes with me to the gym everyday - at first I had to drag her with - but now she's losing weight too and she really enjoys it!

My night was a long night!! I didnt get to the gym until nearly 7pm and even then I so didnt want to be there - I had major cramps and I felt all around icky. But after I got done and I reached my 4.5 mile mark again I felt much much better and I was glad I didnt skip it! I put stickers on my calendar for every day that I've sucessfully gotten my workout in and let me tell ya - today I really earned that sticker!

Keep smiling ladies and have a wonderful weekend!!

~D~
Dianna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:51 AM   #152  
Jedi

So I had my second workout at curves tonight. This time I took my 15 year old step daughter. She does not need to lose weight but wants to tone up a bit so I thought it might be a good "bonding time". She had a lot of fun (thank goodness). We ended up going to a different location because the one I signed up at last night closes at 7 on Fridays! She was weighed and measured just like I was last night and then for the heck of it (and that I am a scale addict) we weighed me again. I know this is not possible but it said that I am 5.5 lbs lighter than yesterday. It's the same type of scale but could one be completely whacked or something? There is a big difference in 186.5 lbs and 181 lbs to someone who is trying to lose. Any ideas?

Den@, congrats on the 2 pounds. I can't wait to start fitting in to some of my old clothes again. And to buy new ones too! Being able to buy smaller clothes and knowing they will fit is motivation in itself.

boatingmommy, my fingers are crossed for you I promise. Large group functions are definately one of my weaknesses. Try to focus on having FUN and not what food you "can't" have.

Thanks for the tip Dianna. I will definately be taking measurements, especially after my miracle 5 pound loss in one day.

All I know about TOPS right now is that it is basically a support group. Taking Off Pounds Sensibly is what it stands for. They don't promote any certain diet but just give each other weekly encouragement is what I understand. I made a commitment to go to atleast one meeting before I found out about your guy's support group online. So Wednesday I will be there with bells on. I'll let ya know!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #153  

Default 30th Birthday party today...Oh Boy........

Deenie-
Don't worry about being Obese, by the time this challenge is over, you won't be anymore!! Stop labeling yourself, That's why we are here. Besides, isn't it 6 out of 10 Americans that are consiered Obese? So, you've got plenty of company!!

Last nites' StirFry didn't happen. By the time Hubby got home I was in less than a happy mood, so we went to Wendy's for supper, where I had their Chicken BLT salad with Ceasar dressing.

I haven't started any workout 'for real' yet, only because I haven't got around to it. Once the weather is warm enough to walk outside, I will start doing that more often and probably add some hand weights.

Today is my Sis In Law's 30th birthday party. Being an italian family, I"m sure that pasta is on the menu...My mom in law makes the best Lasagna and it's gonna be tough not to over indulge!!! So, I'm making a veggie tray to bring over.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I stepped on the scale and found that I'm almost at a TEN POUND weight loss since 2/29. If I can keep this up, I will definitely meet my Father's day goal!!!!

Hubby and I also want to have a famil photo taken of us this summer. It will be nice to be SKINNY in the pics! I won't have to hide behind the kids anymore!!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day, and a great weekend!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #154  

Unhappy Glad Friday's over.....

Good Morning everyone I have read through all the posts since yesterday morning and all you guys are doing sooooooo great.

Today is one of those days where I have a ton to say but don't know where to start. Ok, lets start with how I really lost it last night. I was so bad that today I don't even want to look at myself. I just can't seem to stay on track on a friday and last night was a biggie. It all started when....

After work me and the girls (about 7 of us) usually go to the local little bar and have our friday night drink. I had avoided this last week and went home to exercise before going out. But this week my co-worker had a pretty bad week and we wanted to cheer her up so I went. I had a few wines and then my fiance came to pick me up and we went straight to the local bar in my neighbourhood (bad move) where again I had a few more wines . The worst is yet to come. Fiance walked me home and I thought "okay that's it for the night". It was about 1 am by then and he decided that he wanted to go back. I got upset after he left and okay this is the really bad part.......I ordered lasanga and ate the whole thing along with the garlic bread. This is the first cheat for me with food. I felt horrible afterward (during I was shoveling it in so fast I couldn't think right ) Then of coarse being soooo full I went to bed. Why can't I behave on a Friday? So not only did I drink, I ate and I didn't exercise. I am really mad at myself Okay! today's a new day right? and I will just have to get over last night right?

As for you girls....your are all doing so wonderfully and I am super proud of you. I wanna make my usual comments but don't know if I deserve to. Going to anyway

AzKitty - 89!!!!! wow I could use a little of that weather my way! Yesterday the windchill was -12 and it was snowing. The kind of weather you feel in your bones. Gardening sounds terrific and so far away right now.

Hula - not sure if you've left yet. You have worked really hard this week and no matter what the scale says you should be really proud of yourself. You can even take some of the credit for all of us. Each pound we lose you've had something to do with it just by your astounding support and encouragement.

Dianna77 - I am really happy your puppy is doing much better and I had a giggle picturing you giving the medicine. Your doing amazing with the exercise and just showing up and making yourself do it when you don't feel like it is a huge accomplishment.

Water nymph - Two margarita's does not make a failure! Look at me and my night of gluttony. We can both put yesterday behind us and today is definately a new day! I weighed in this morning (I know I said I woudn't) and I didn't gain which I feel like I should have just for punishment!

Lissandy - I know what you mean about the eggs. I have this oatmeal protien pack that I eat every morning and I find it's the only thing I can get down in the morning. We really need to eat breakfast cause it gets your body going! But I gotta tell I am getting sick of it as well. You have done amazing since we all started this almost ten pounds gone that you will never see again. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Boatingmommy - Your lunch sounded messy but fine! Again who am I to speak. Sounds like you are going to have a great time for St. Patrick's day. Today I would match everyone for the day as I am truly green and feeling the effects of my overindulgence. I know you will be fine and everyone deserves a great time out once in awhile. Apparently for me it's every friday!

DeenieD - 6lbs!!!!! weigh to go!!! I hate that word obese. It sounds so crass doesn't it? I perfer to be considered a work in progress.

Jedi - Sounds like you have your hands full and doing a great job of it. I would take the 181. Not only might you have lost that water but your body probably continued to work hard even after the exercising session. It's a great start and a huge motivator for you!! Let us know how the TOPS is. Sounds like it does what we are already doing. But who couldn't use even more support!!!

Gee, I had alot to say today! I am going to try the 3 mile WATP dvd for the first time today. I am going to also sit myself down and work on some goals for next week and this week was pretty much a right off. I hope eveyone has a great day!!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:03 PM   #155  

Instead of going to work out last night, like I should have, the guys at work convinced me to go out. 4 beers later and I had a day that included 24 points from alcohol.... I've been trying to think of the positive parts of the day. I did not eat bad foods, even when they ordered fries, chips and spinach dip I didn't eat it. I also managed to drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day. Also, I know that I will not give up going out drinking with my friends long term. I've been cutting back on that as I've been so determined to lose weight but I know that I will wind up drinking again. I'm just going to have to find a way to work that into my plan.

This morning I got up and did a 45 min workout at Curves so I've started off today good. I'm going down to Venice Beach for the afternoon so lots more walking. Today should be a good day!

Trixi - good luck with the 3 mile WATP, let us know how you do

Lissandy - Congrats on the 10 pounds! Thats a huge loss in only 13 days!

Jedi - I love Curves! I do both Curves and LA Fitness and the difference between the two are huge! At Curves you get to know the people and its very comfortable to go and work out. At the gym its like you're all alone. I hope you continue to enjoy your work outs there.

Dianna77 - I love the idea of stickers. I need to go buy some. I keep a calender with my goals outlined and updates on my weight.

DeenieD - Thank you for the encouragement. I read that last night and it really helped.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:35 PM   #156  

I really want to remind those who have slipped this week that we are still doing OK. If this was going to be easy, it would have happened long ago. I hope we all keep in mind that we can do it, but there will be slip ups (for all of us along the way). We just have to realize our mistake, try to identify what triggered it, and plan for what we would do differently if we get in that situation again.

Someone said fridays were the bad day for her - I dread saturdays - since they are often unstructured and unplanned there is way too many times/ways for me to be tempted. So I am constantly on edge today, just dreading what might be around the corner and the hope I can avoid a major pigout!

Congratulation to the losses this week - and congratulations to all of us who are still in this challenge. We will loose!!!!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:01 PM   #157  

Default Moving into Week Three!

Just wanted to say how impressed I am everyone's progress and determination. I can't believe the success we've already had and the strength both physically and mentally that we all are developing. And also wanted to point out to anyone reading the posts that this challenge is "non-denominational" in the sense that all dieters are welcome regardless of the plan you're on I know it seems like a lot of us are on low-carb but wanted to let the non-low-carb people know that they're input is valued just as much!

AZ-Thanks, I leave next week Thurs to NY. Hope your visit with the family was fun!

Deenie-Wow, 6 pounds -wonderful!!! Keep it up.

Liss-You are low-carb product guru extroardinaire! I think I know which s'mores bar that is. If it is by CarbWise, it is nasty! I seen some of the Carbo-Rite stuff at Trader Joe's too. They changed their name from Carbo-Lite I believe. You guys, there is some REALLY good low carb chocolates by a company called rossdirect.com! It is amazing, can't tell the difference from real chocolate and there are like ten flavors. Speaking of TEN, congrats on your TEN POUNDS!! That is truly awesome.

WaterNymph-Don't worry, even if it doesn't seem like it you are making progress. Think about how much you've changed from your "old" habits and keep it in perspective. If it makes you feel any better, I went out with the girls last night and drank 5 Michelob Ultra's and one Vodka w/ Club Soda! Didn't eat anything then was starving this morning.

Boating-You're probably enjoying your green beer at this very moment. Hey, you can even have some corned beef w/ cabbage - that's a low carb meal!! You'll have to fill us in on the festivities!!

Dena-Yay on the 2-pounds!!!!Keep it up.

Diana77-Now you sound determined. Glad to have you here with us. Your puppy sounds so cute. Glad he is better. I love shar-pei. I used to have a shar-pei mixed with boxer. Now we have an American Eskimo (and two bunnies, and a hermit crab, and a fish..)

Trixi-Like I told WaterNymph, think of how much progress you have made and don't feel so bad. You can move on and use your food hangover as kind of a lesson. I think that is really going to be the key success factor in this challenge--that we're all going to make mistakes but we will keep forging ahead no matter what! We will do extra well in Week 3 to make up for our Week 2 slips!

Jedi-I think scales will drive us all mad. Don't know what to say other than pick one scale to use, like the one at home and well, if it happens that you are actually 5 pounds lighter, than that will just be "gravy" (sorry, Trixi I should eliminate that word, eh?)

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

"There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps."
~Peter A. Cohen
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #158  

Saturday night and I spent the day pampering myself out of my guilt and I made the fiance come with me to ease his guilt as well ( I am nice that way) I got my nails done (typing a little difficult untill I get use to the length) and then I got my hair coloured, went with deep red and blond highlights. I was gone from 2 this afternoon until almost ten. I had a blast though and I feel pretty. We also went shopping and I finally found the mat I need in case I ever end up trying the pilates. I also got these really cute pajama's and started easter shopping. I think I am the only mother I know who's ten year old still believes in the easter bunny! So all in all I had a total me day and now I am pooped. Tomorrow is weigh in offically and I know I am not going to do as well as the first week but I agree with you hula week three is going to make up for my slip up in week two and I am actually looking forward to getting back on track. I feel like I am missing something not being OP and its not just the guilt but I am actually turning into the person I started to be during week one. That is exciting for me.

When I got home I had a shower and slipped cause all the soap on my feetsies so I can't talk long cause I fell on my bumbum and man it hurts just sitting here, got to go find something soft to rest on. I am a clutz.

Have a wonderful night everyone and see you a little bit lighter (hopefully).

Oh yeah, Hula thank you for thinking of with me the gravy reference but it's okay...maybe even one day I will be able to look at gravy and not want to bathe it in

Dale
Old 03-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #159  

It was one of the hardest things I had to do but I have weighed in and it's a 2 pounds loss for me this week. Which would okay if I didn't have to increase my current weight by two pounds (I am not going to change that mid week anymore and maybe it will be less painful) I am not very pround of myself for this past weekend but I have come to terms with it and will move on from here. A lesson learned right?

This challenge is so important to me and I have created my goals for the up coming week. I have made them more hard so hopefully I will stay focused everyday instead of giving in close to the end of the week and allowing myself to have a treat. So here goes.....

1. Do the 3 miles WATP everyday (including Friday)
2. Have only 2 coffees a day that have caffine.
3. Do not weigh myself every chance I get and try to do it only next Sunday (as you know this is a hard one for me)
4. Drink my water and take my vitamins (I left them at work on Friday (along with my salmon that was suppose to be my lunch and I am not looking forward to the smell when I get in in the morning).

This week is going to hard and I am motivated to make it work. I have had actually lost four pounds this week but two came back and I don't want that to ever happen again. Right now what I am going to do is go back to the beginning of this thread and read each post again as this is where it all started for me and I was so motivated the first week and I want that back again. I hope you all have a great day and talk more tonight. For those who's weigh in is today as well , GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Dale
Old 03-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #160  

Trixie-

nope,your're not the only one with a 10yr old who still believes in the Easter Bunny, Santa, OR even Leprechauns!! Either that or both are children are very good con artists!!!

I've been having an affair with my scale as well..gotta stop that myself, but I've been heavy for so long checking the scale almost everyday makes me feel good about all the work I'm doing.

The birthday party went fine yesterday..Mom ordered Pizza and made meatballs and salad to go with it. I ate the meatballs and lots of salad, and even managed to avoid the Birthday cake. My hubby's aunt owns a Contours workout center, now if only she could open one in our town I'd start going! I'd feel VERY guilty joining Curves now!!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:49 AM   #161  

Morning everyone. Well, I lost 1 pound for the week and am grateful for even that. I could have done much better but felt like my TOM had an effect on this weeks results, specifically my hunger and activity level. I try to look at it like I lost 3 pounds each week for two weeks, totalling 6 but I need to be much more sensible next TOM.

Stats for Week 2:
Avg daily carbs: 40/over goal by 15
Avg daily points:33/over goal by 8
Activity: 3x
BF%: 33
Rating: C-

Goals for Week 3:
Carbs per day: 25
Points per day: 25
Activity: 4x (Sun-Weds only due to vacation)
Supplements: Multi-Vitamin and CLA supplements daily
Challenges: Staying sensible while on vacation

Good job TRIXI on you 2 pounds - not bad at all! Good luck to everyone else weighing in for Week 2.

"Like the eagles we have to move our wings to soar like an eagle."
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #162  

I had a much better day yesterday! I was 7 points under for the day and I earned 11 activity points thru-out the day. Today I'm going to force myself over the the gym for an hour of cardio or 400 calories burnt, whichever comes first.

Wow, everyone is doing so great! Congrats on the losses Trixi and Hula! You’ve both done a great job.

DeenieD – I hope the rest of Saturday was good for you. Weekends are always the hardest for me too because I eat out so much.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:01 PM   #163  
Jedi

Wow, congrats to everyone with losses! ROCK ON!!! And everyone with slip ups I'm glad (and encouraged) by your determination of moving forward. Reading about them I feel kind of lucky that I am still in my first week and still motivated as ever. I know that I will see my day when temptations become too strong but it helps to know that it's not just me. I guess what I'm saying is Thanks for going through it first.

Hula - TOM??

Trixi - The lasagna was only your first cheat so don't forget to give yourself credit for all the hard work you put in before that. I eat when I get upset too. I'm glad you gave yourself a day of pampering. That always makes me feel good too and makes me want to do better. Oh yea... Hope your bum feels better.

Water Nymph - Good Job!! Even though you may have gone overboard with drinking you were still able to resist your friends "bad" food and stick with your water for the day. It also sounds like you have already put yourself back on track with your workout. So again - WAY TO GO! I love curves too. I used to go to Total Woman and it was not anything like the personal enviroment that I get from Curves.

DeenieD - loved what you said about "planning what do do differently if we get in that situation again". An easy answer to that is whenever you are about to cheat or are feeling upset just come here for support. I suppose that only works if you are near a computer. I have my goals written down on a small piece of paper. How much I would like to lose and how I plan on doing that. I keep that in my purse just as a reminder.

Then only thing I don't like about Curves is the hours. Only open until noon on saturday and closed on sunday. Which means I did not get to go all weekend. I took my 5 year old to the park and ran around with him for a while. I know it's not the same thing but at least I don't feel like I've completely lost on excercise for the weekend. This way I'm double pumped to get back to my workout tomorrow evening. The "original" scale that I first weighed in on is there too so maybe I'll jump on real quick to see how much that other scale was lying. So far so good with eating well - no slip ups. Only four days into it though. Last time I lost almost 50 pounds it took me nearly a year so I know how loooong this journey will be. All of the encouragement from you guys has already been a big help though - THANKS!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #164  

Good evening everyone. I got everything I said was going to do today done! My house is so clean I am afraid to move in case I throw dust around. Got all my food cooked for the week and tried a few new things. This week we have halibut, chicken stir fry, Sole, Soup and I got these meatless steak strippy things that are suppose to be great (well see) Had the stir fry tonight and it was pretty good. I brought some low carb bread today as well (gee its not cheap is it?) good thing I can only have one slice at a time. Oh yeah I got ultra low fat cream cheese as well.

I finally tried the 3 mile WATP and man it's hard!!!! I figured I was having such a easy time with the 2 miles that I should be fine but maybe cause I didn't exercise in two days I had a really hard time keeping up. I feel great now but at the time I didn't think it was ever going to end!!

I have put my scale in the closet for real this time and will not take it out until Sunday. Last week was too depressing and I don't want to go through that again. So until next Sunday I will weigh the same and accept the fact that I am going to be 171 for the next 6 days. I am also going to make plans for next weekend that do not include my usual routine and hope that help's with the cheating Fridays....anyone got any ideas?

Fiance is spending the next five hours watching Wrestlemania so I am solo for the rest of the evening.

Jedi.....thanks for the warm bumbum thoughts I feel much better now.

Hula - Congrats on the 1 pound loss even with your TOM (time if the month) I am sure next week when all the extra stuff that comes with TOM goes away your loss will be significant. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Some of have more to lose then others and they will tend to lose faster until we too get to that point. Just losing what we really don't need. Have a great night everyone.

Dale
Old 03-15-2004, 12:23 AM   #165  

Well saturday evening wasn't great, but i was craving, craving all evening. Finally dh came in with 2 mini choc bars (100 cal total) and I slowly broke them in 8 pieces and let each one melt in my mouth - good thing he didn't have any more around! I did get my weights and walk in.

I am glad saturday is over - it was really tough on me. We spent this afternoon differently than usual so I did do my weights (at 9 pm and only because I promised my daughter) but no walking - just too many things came up.

I am finding out how I really don't do well with surprise days - routine days like M - F are so much easier for me - at least I take my food to work and the option to cheat means I need to go out of my way to do it. At home - yikes! I could cheat on anything, even saltines

I am so proud of how everyone in the is group is so positive and so pumped up and I keep rereading many of these messages - what a great group of cheerleaders - Hula, thanks for starting the challenge and OFF to a good OP week for all of us!!!!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote