Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2004, 09:34 AM   #316  

I have decided that the Easter challenge was to agreesive and I am now lower it to 5 pounds.....here's hoping
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:31 AM   #317  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Ladies,
Congrasts to those who lost weight this week, wow, there is a whole lot of pounds being lost here!! Keep it falling ladies.
I lost 1.5 pounds this week!!
Start of FDC/Current/FDC Goal
185/180.75/164
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:15 PM   #318  

Just a quick one - then off to bed. Just hoping for a good weigh- in tomorrow. Lissandy - great pics. I am thinking of doing something like that. It's a really great way to show our progress. I'll let ya know when mine is done (we can be brave together).

Hula - glad to see you.......totally understand the busy schedule so not to worry on catching up - we will be here.

Trixi - What amazing weightloss. Good for you.

Diana - Way to go on your weightloss this week! I hope I do as well.

I hope every one is having a great week. I will post more tomorrow after weigh in.
Hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:26 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Just popping in to say hello. I've been in class for the last two days so I'm swamped today. Hope to get back in the swing of things soon!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:25 AM   #320  

Smile Good Morning everybody!

Happy Hump day all!!! It's Wednesday, and it's raining..gonna do that for the next few days here in the North.. Oh well, I guess it makes up for the snow we didn't get this year.

Been busy this week at the local school, and am loving it! It at least keeps me away from temptation, and the scale is going to hit the 15lb loss by this weekend, I can feel it!!! I remembered that there is going to be a wedding this summer, and I'm already looking forward to buying a new dress to show myself off!!! I'm so excited!!

Our group weight loss has exceeded 50 lbs!!!!! so far!! Take that Oprah!! We are doing FANTAASTIC!!

I want to take this moment to thank ALL of you for giving me accountability. With all of you losing right along with me, I know I will succeed, and so will you!! I don't know how I found this site, but I'm sure glad I did.

I was at the grocery store on Monday and picked up a 10lb bag of potatoes.. OMG...That was on ME a month ago...Good suggestion...THANK YOU!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:14 AM   #321  

Talking Triple or nothing

Just popping in too. WOW, 50 pounds - can't wait to see what it will be on 6/20 gals! I really want to be a part of helping to increase that number and am going to try to commit myself a little more. Boating-you are right, I need time for ME too. If I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone else, right?!

Well, I just wanted to stop by. Today my kiddo is starting his first day of preschool and I am a nervous wreck. I will check in again later.

Let's keep it an OP day

"The belly is ungrateful--it always forgets we already gave it something."
- Russian Proverb
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #322  

AND THE GOOD NEWS - I lost two pounds this week!
AND NOW THE BAD NEWS - I thought I had lost three. My scale mysteriously jumped a pound this morning - Oh well. I'll take the two, I hope I get that one back next week.

More later....looks like we are all really busy this week. I know I'm feelin crazy busy.

Have a Supercalafradgalistic Expialidotious Day! (I don't know how you spell it but it made me smile ;-)).
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #323  
A Mom

Kitty, it will be there next week, Don't fret. 50 pounds, that's great, we should do that weekly once everyone has weighed in.
Have a wonderful day all.
Diana
Old 03-31-2004, 11:18 AM   #324  

Hi all, sorry for not posting in the last few day, work is crazy busy and seems to be consuming my entire life right now

It sounds like everyone is doing a great job! I'm down 1.5#'s this week and I finally made my 10% goal with WW. The strange thing is you'd think I'd be happier about it... I'm thinking that because work is so stressful right now I'm not able to enjoy anything else.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #325  

Things are really stressful for me this week too. Started the new quarter and some of my students are driving me bonkers. I am teaching 3 online classes (they started Mon) and I phone called all those who hadn't checked in or answered my emails - excuses like - "I didn't know what to say" or " I don't like math so I thought I would start tomorrow" or "I wanted an online class so I didn't have to do it certain days" - ARGHH!
Besides that I itch like crazy (doc says it is excema - $50 perscription) and my oldest is getting married on Sat and I have given in to the sweets. Guess I can really tell in a week like this I am an emotional eater!

Pray for me to get back OP -soon!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:36 PM   #326  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon! How's it going for everyone. Sounds like there's some stressing going on out there. What else is new? I am convinced that if there was no stress we'd all be Cindy Crawfords. I'm with you Deenie, the best way to get through stress is CHOCOLATE!!! But, we are all trying to break that habit. So...Deenie...I am sending you the DON'T EAT IT vibes.....feel them yet? Hope the breakout clears for the wedding.

Hulla - Hope both you and the kiddo make it through the first day! We started kindergarten this past fall without ever having been to preschool. WoooWeee, what trauma! It was way worse for me than my daughter. Good luck!

Lissandy - I too am glad for everyone and for you! Thanks for your enthusiasm today, it perked me up! 50 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. We are all trying our best and the results are showing.

Everyone else, hope work, kids, life..are going good for you all.

For me, I finally started calculating my calories because I was getting frustrated at the stall. I found out I have only been eating about 1500 calories, and with the twice a day workout I was getting rid of about 400 of those calories at least. So....you gals were right. I have not been eating enough and my bod is in starvation mode. So I picked up a few more healthy calories the past couple of days, continued the workout and we'll see what happens. Scale, if you are nice to me I'll be nice to you. Pretty please!!!

AZ - 2 more pounds!!! GO KITTY...GO KITTY...GO KITTY!!! (That other one is a pound just waiting to be lost).

Last edited by boatingmommy; 03-31-2004 at 05:45 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:05 PM   #327  
A Mom

It's wonderful that more pounds are being shed. You are all great.
Diana
Old 04-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #328  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

I AM SO HAPPY, I AM SO HAPPY!!!! Guess what? The scale finally budged. The magic number this morning is 175.5. FINALLY!!! I thought it would never move. Who'd have thought that eating a few more calories would show a loss? Well, I would have never thought it. I'm going to drag down some boxes of summer clothes and see how I am doing. Feeling really good about today. Come on sunshine and warm weather!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:39 AM   #329  

YAY Boatingmommy..it's great to hear you so happy. See it was working?

I have not really been OP 100% this week but dealing with alot right now and can't seem to focus. Scale at the same and I am hoping I don't gain right now. Trying to get back on track....well see

Hope you all have a great day and I will pop in tonight....

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #330  

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Last night I really got a motivational shove. I ran into a friend's roommate while having a drink with ex-co-workers and could not believe my eyes! The last time I saw her she was quite heavy and as far as I could tell never really put any effort into her appearance. Well, she looked awesome!! She was super-fit, confident, had a new hairstyle, cute outfit. OMG-my jaw almost dropped. After making sure that really was her, we caught up and of course I told her how great she looks. She was still as sweet as usual and said she just made the decision to do it and worked out a lot and just ate less. I thought, hey we can do this and we are doing it!! Anyway, sorry for rambling but I'm guess I'm still amazed

Boating-Thanks for sharing your story too! And a big Hooray for you. Just a little tweaking you what do ya' know! Wanted to ask you how you find out how many calories your body needs to lose (i.e. website?).

AZKitty-Well, the net effect is still awesome and I think you are doing great. 2 pounds IS a success!! Keep it up Kitty (aka Mary Poppin )

WaterNymph-1.5# is fantastic! I would love to lose that in a week. Keep up the great work.

DeenieD-I know how you feel. Take it from a recent backslider, you'll want to bounce right back and get OP. It is SO hard the longer you're off. I had such a hard time getting back on track after vacation and I gained some weight back and got depressed about it. Come back to us!! And congrats on the wedding!

Trixi, LissAndy, LoriAS, DewCan, CanonGal, Diana77 -
(hopefully, I got everyone!)

"The toughest part of getting to the top of the ladder, is getting through the crowd at the bottom."
~unknown

Have an "O-P" kind of day!
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote